Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
M
M
Ok, well Im trying to think of doian an "Act as if" with my GF for Xmas eve. I havent shown any sign of affection really. I was thinking of starting to hug her when I see her from now on so I was thinking of hugging her with a kiss on the cheek when we meet at her house on x-mas eve and when i leave. What do you think? we get along as freinds now, but i want her to try to be open up to affection again but also dont wanna come off pushy.

Anything worth having is worth working HARD for! Making a New Move
OP Offline
Quote:

I was thinking of starting to hug her when I see her from now on so I was thinking of hugging her with a kiss on the cheek when we meet at her house on x-mas eve and when i leave. What do you think?

This sure might be worth a try, especially if you haven't done this lately!

DO keep it as just a "friend" hug and peck on the cheek for now, and don't linger on it. Just kind of a hit-and-run thing. Don't expect anything too big to come of it right now, but look at it as just a small step.

If the results aren't "good", then you know not to do it again, at least for awhile anyway.

You never know until you try, right?!

Good luck!!

JJ

Read about Divorce Busting® Telephone Coaching here!
M
M
Ok, well I gave her a hug when I left on X-mas Eve. I kissed her on the cheek and hugged her and she patted my back then held tighter, but it was brief. I left and I kind of looked back towards her and she watched me go to my car.

I know Im not supposed to have R talk and I am afraid of it too because I dont want to remind her of her doubtful feelings now, but I feel like we arent communicating very well. click here for example

Read my last post about the movies. She is the stubborn type and doesnt express her feelings too often. Also, I know with her friends, she was never the type to make plans, she would always wait for others to make plans and make a move so Im afraid that not asking her to do anything is hurting me.

Also, when we first dated 7 years ago in our senior year of HS, early on she thought I was calling her too much to make plans but my persistince paid off because she began to fall in love with my personality after being exposed to me more. Im so torn as to give her more space, persue more or try to find a place in the middle.

Im not sure if I should just try to keep a friendship attitude towards her or try to act like we are fisrt dating again and take her out but not come into the house. Just drop her off and work up slowly from that. Im so lost.

Anything worth having is worth working HARD for! Making a New Move
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard