Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 14 15
V
OP Offline
V
WIT - thanks for stopping by and the kind words.

VV:41
A
A
Hey Beth,

I don't have any new lawyer jokes, but just wanted to say hi (and remind you that it's below zero with the windchill here, which makes it even harder to run whether or not it's dark out) and chime in in agreement with the others who've commended you on how well you're doing and the steps you are taking. Hang in there!

-AlexEN

New: What a Weekend

H-48
WAW-49
M-22
S-14,9
D-11
EA disc.-11/07
PA disc.-3/08
EA2?-6/08 to ?
V
OP Offline
V
AlexEN,

Thanks for the support. I will tell you that my H once described my drive to run as "military." When we moved to Charlotte, I had to take the bar exam (license in IL was not enough, go figure). I studied long hours and the only time I could run was 5:00 a.m. Since it was dark, my sweet H would run with me. This was February and most mornings the temp was around 10-15 (with windchill, of course).

I grew up in northern IL and really can take the cold. It's kind of sick, I know. I miss those morning runs with my H.

Beth

T
T
{{Beth}} WOW..running with 10-15 temperatures..oh gosh..you ARE a strong brave soul \:\)

How's your mom enjoying NC?

Tawnya

Me:39
H:40
D18/S12
M20/T21
Bomb 10/11/08
One
Two
Three
Four

V
OP Offline
V
Tawnya - My mom lives in NC, too. She retired to the beach. She lives in Southport, NC. She loves the weather. She and I are very close and she loves my H very much, so this has been hard on her but she is so strong.

I am so lucky to have her and she has been an incredible support to me.

Thanks for checking on me.

Beth

T
T
Beth..smart lady your mom retiring to the beach \:\) I'm with her with loving the beach weather

I'm glad she is so strong..I see where you get it from then and I'm glad she is there to support you \:\)

Tawnya

D18/S12
M20/T21
Bomb 10/11/08
One
Two
Three
Four

V
OP Offline
V
Tawnya,

Thanks, it is nice to hear someone say they think I am strong. It is easy to doubt that about oneself going through these situations.

My mom and I were talking about the changes in my H since he left and now. I was telling her how he told me it was all me, that he left because of me and that he was unhappy with me. She told me it took a lot of strength to hear that and keep going.

I am not sure I agree it is strength. There are so many people here dealing with so much more than I and they show strength. I think I am just stubborn and determined.

Beth

T
T
Beth..that's exactly how I feel about myself too..LOL..but you have to have strength to go thru this stuff we have been thru and still be walking and breathing and occasionally smiling and helping other people..

I say we are like steel magnolias (from the other thread)..sweet and tough..we are definitely tougher than we think we are.

Hugs to you

Tawnya

D18/S12
M20/T21
Bomb 10/11/08
One
Two
Three
Four

S
S
Bettou, if you're still wondering about pasting your other threads in your signature line, here's how to do it.

Control C on the thread

[url=] your title [/url]

You can use this:
http://tinyurl.com/
to get the url shorter.

Then, you can use this format:
[url=the url from tiny url$]the text you want to see[$/url]

Without the "$" signs, to print something useful, rather than the url itself!

M 19 years, MC for 8 months, DB'd for 8 months
4 kids; 18, 15, 14, & 10
I was never meant to be a doormat. It took me years of therapy to become assertive enough to stop his abuse.
J
JWM Offline
J
Beth, just checking in. Hope you are doing OK today. From what you said in your post:

Originally Posted By: Bettou

My mom and I were talking about the changes in my H since he left and now. I was telling her how he told me it was all me, that he left because of me and that he was unhappy with me. She told me it took a lot of strength to hear that and keep going.

Your H's last email shows a big change in his attitude about what caused his problems. Importantly he now sees it is not you...maybe a small turning point?

By the way...you are strong. To keep going in the face of what he was saying...you are a blessing in his life. He will see that one day.

My MIL and I are very close also. She will be here this weekend and through Christmas. I think all of us will feel better with her here.

John
Me 56 W 46 D7
First
Second
Third
last
Page 3 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 14 15

Moderated by  Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard