Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 13 14
D
OP Offline
D
Not much happened this weekend.

Saturday morning I got up and started watching a movie while everone else was in bed. My W came down and we watched the rest of the movie together. I made breakfast for us and then went out and cut the rest of the grass. I got done about lunch time so the W and I ate lunch. I watched a little tv then went up to get a shower.

I thought my W wanted to go to the Parade of Home but she had made an appointment for my D to get her hair and make-up done for homecoming. I did stuff around the house and then just vegged for a little bit. W and D got home just before my brother arrived. Spent some time talking to him before he headed to his class reunion.

D got ready for homecoming and we went out and took some pictures. Then her date showed up, took more pictures and his father took them to the dance.

The W and I went out to dinner and were going to stop at a furniture place on the way home but it was closed. I dropped her off at the house and went to my office to make some copies for my S and check the site. My office is right across from the school so i hung out till it was time to pick my D and her date up.

Got home, spent some time with the W, then went to bed.

Thread #10
D
OP Offline
D
Sunday,

Got up and read the paper. W camme down and read with me. We made breakfast and then decided what we we going to eat during the week. She headed off to the store and I started to work on my tractor. Been having problems with it so I took it apart. Took me a whild but found the problem but could not fix it because of the part I needed.

W got home from the store, helped her put the groceries away and make the desert for after dinner. My SIL called and wanted to know if I wanted to go play Texas-Holdem with her and my FIL. Asked the W if we were going to go to the Parade of Homes today. She said she did not feel like going, women. So I went with my SIL and FIL. Spent more time watching football and drinking beer than I did playing card. Sucks when you can't get sh**.

Got home and started to make dinner. We ate and I started to do the dishes. W was standing next to me and turned and put her hand on my arm and said, I guess I should dry. I just smiled back at her.

When we were done her mom showed uo and dirtied some more dishes. We all played cards and my W again touched my arm while we were playing.

After my IL left we watch a little tv then she watched her Lifetime show at 9 and I went and watched the football game. W came up several times for no apparent reason. Finished folding the laundry and then went to bed.

Thread #10
S
S
Nice normal stuff Tim. It's the same in my sitch. Been quite a few days of normal life stuff.

MySitch
Me-47
STBXW-41
D-5
S-8
ILYBNILWY-01/08
Want a D- 01/09
Physical Sep-01/10
D filed-06/10
Got 50% custody=09/11
Ride that wave!
S
S
Tim,

You sound down ? Am I reading into this ?

Hugs

M 19 years, MC for 8 months, DB'd for 8 months
4 kids; 18, 15, 14, & 10
I was never meant to be a doormat. It took me years of therapy to become assertive enough to stop his abuse.
D
OP Offline
D
Hi SC,

No, I'm not down. It was a nice weekend. I wanted to do something with my W and I thought the Parade of Homes was a great idea and was kinda looking forward to it. Then she decides that she does not want to go. Why is it that on Friday she is like I always wanted to go and then I asked several times on Saturday and Sunday and she says that now she does not want to go.

Just never really undrstand the whole dynamics of what she is thinking sometimes. But I went out to dinner with my W on Saturday and then out with my SIL and FIL on Sunday and played some cards, watched some football so I had a nice weekend.

How are you doing SC. Have not really kept up on your sitch, sorry, just really hectic around here.

Have a great day,

Tim

Thread #10
D
OP Offline
D
Originally Posted By: steady
Nice normal stuff Tim. It's the same in my sitch. Been quite a few days of normal life stuff.

As long as the two of you are getting along and spending time together what more can we ask for, correct. We got along well this weekend, spent some time together and had a few laughs along the way so it was nice.

How was MC on Saturday? Hopefully that went well.

Thread #10
S
S
Yeah Tim. The way I see it, as we spend time together with our W's and have good times, those good times have a way of wearing down the bad times that are in the past. I guess that's why they say time is on our side.

MySitch
Me-47
STBXW-41
D-5
S-8
ILYBNILWY-01/08
Want a D- 01/09
Physical Sep-01/10
D filed-06/10
Got 50% custody=09/11
Ride that wave!
D
OP Offline
D
I have not posted much because not much is happening in my sitch. Been working my a** off at work and then when I get home I make dinner and clean up afterwards and help around the house. Sometimes the W helps with dinner and cleaning up afterwards other times she is helping our S with homework.

Wednesday night I had a meeting after we had dinner and did not get home till almost 10. Last night worked late and then got a quick bit to eat at home then took my son to the library to work on his science project. Afterwards both nights I sat for a short while with my W and talked till I went to bed.

She has been wearing her ER almost every day which is nice. Don't know if she has gone to see a C and I have not really asked. It seems to be very comfortable around her and our conversations are very light and easy going. She seems to want to talk more about the kids, work and other things that are on her mind. She also seems to be backing me when it comes with dealing with our S.

He is a great kid but like I said before he is so easily destracted when it come to homework. Last night for example when I took him to the library he took nothing with him. He did not know exactly what he was there to research. I knew but let him strugle with it and gave him just a little bit of help here and there.

W calls shortly after we get to the library to tell me I am not suppose to be talking on my cell while in the library. I said then don't call. \:\) Told her about S forgetting his stuff and me being a little hard nosed about it. Her responce was he is in 7th grade and needs to learn how to take what he needs and learn responsibility but it is his first research project that they are not allowing him to use just the internet so don't be too hard on him.

Then when I got home we talked about it and I could tell she was fine with how I handeled it and told her he knows how to play us and that I was tough on him because we need to stop enabeling him. She agreed and we did not argue or have either one of us upset at the other for not agreeing with what one of us had done reguarded child care.

This weekend my dad and brother are coming in and will be playing golf on Sunday. My other brothers daughter is having a birthday on Saturday so will spend the day there so my weekend is pretty much planed out.

Have a great weekend all. Weather around here is suppose to be awesome so hopefully all of you will have great weather also.

Tim

Thread #10
D
OP Offline
D
Not much has changed over the past week. W and I are still getting along better. Our intimacy does not seem to be progressing from my POV but the fun/ relaxing time is getting better. I do not feeling like I am always on trial and I hope she is feeling more comfortable around me. We seem to be able to joke more and have some laughs.

Also she has taken a more firm stand with our kids lately which has allowed me to not be the disciplinarian all the time. I have stood back and allowed her to deal with our S who has used the "I forgot" excuse why too much for my liking and now she has finally put her foot down and said enough is enough. Something I have tried to tell her and enforce for a while now.

Its nice to feel like we are working together and not against each other. That I can say this is what I think we should do and not have her get pissy with me. I said to her on Monday night after our S "I forgot" comment that we need to stop allowing him to do this stuff and I know you get upset when I say this but he needs to learn a lesson and start doing stuff for himself without your help. She said she was not upset with me and agreed that we need to back off helping him. FINALLY.

Tuesday he brought home a progress report and it had two grades on it trhat were "F". One was a test he got a B on and my W signed it but he "forgot" to turn it in and lost it. The second was a homework assignment he "forgot" to turn in on time. My W went off the deep end and laid down the law on homework, computer time and the BS of saying "I forgot" all the time. I just stood in the back ground and let her go. Then told her I agreed with all that she had said and the action she took.

Wednesday was her poker night and my FIL and SIL were over and they asked her if she was going. She said if Tim does not mind. I told her to go and have fun and if she stops at the grocery store to pick something up for me. She said I heard you compain the other day that we didn't have that here. I was like you heard that, sorry. She said yes I did and stuck her tongue out at me on her way out the door. It was a playful exchange and she picked it up on her way home.

Thread #10
A
A
Sounds good Tim

Have a good weekend

Page 3 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 13 14

Moderated by  Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard