Print Thread
Page 2 of 14 1 2 3 4 13 14
T
T
Well, you just made my point, steady!!

S
S
Sorry Trip,

I edited the post before your reply posted. Didn't feel like whacking the hornets nest today. \:\)

MySitch
Me-47
STBXW-41
D-5
S-8
ILYBNILWY-01/08
Want a D- 01/09
Physical Sep-01/10
D filed-06/10
Got 50% custody=09/11
Ride that wave!
B
B
Hi Tim,
sounds like things are up & down. I hope you are finding a way to stay steady and just "tim", as best you can

Any plans for golfing during this cool fall weather??

Peace to you
Bridge

Divorced 03/2010
Mom to two amazing kids

Taking the road less traveled because those encountered on the way may be just as unique.

http://tinyurl.com/ybqkan8 = Current Thread

D
OP Offline
D
Originally Posted By: Trip
A little birdie sent me over here saying we should help out newcomers as best and as much as we can.

Upon going through your threads was a response from you in regards to a post from AO( ;\) )

Originally Posted By: Distressed67
Just my two cents but women are nastier than men. Men will get mad at each other and say stupid stuff but then we get over it and move on. Women carry it around for years and then bring it back up and throw it in your face. I know my W and I only allow my D to have at most three other girls over at one time and always in an even number to keep anybody from ganging up on another. So I can see how it is the predominatly women threads that do this. Sucks for all those out there that need the support and now wont get it.

JMHO

You never met my ex! Talk about bringing stuff up and having it thrown in one's face! OY!!! I am female, by the way. Your words and those of AO's do not create an environment conducive to the spirit of the boards. Yeah, it is your opinion and you have the right to give, as do I but saying women are nastier than men just doesn't cut it around here. There are a lot of good women and just as equal, good men on these boards. I hate to see them get swept over by the same brush of generalizations!

I am sorry if my post offended you. I did not mean it to be hostile or mean spirited. It is just my opinion and maybe how I wrote it was not correct or I did not use the correct wording. I was talking about the interaction of women to women and men to men and not the interactions of men to women that was not what AO and I were talking about. And yes it may have been a generalization and I apologize for not saying most or some but not all.

Thread #10
D
OP Offline
D
Originally Posted By: Bridgestone
Hi Tim,
sounds like things are up & down. I hope you are finding a way to stay steady and just "tim", as best you can

Any plans for golfing during this cool fall weather??

Peace to you
Bridge

Things seem to be on the upswing Bridge. I am just taking it easy this weekend. No plans for golf but next weekend my dad and brother are coming in and we are playing on Sunday. We get together every year to play. Its a great time for just the four of us.

Have a great weekend and hopefully you get out some before winter sets in.

Take care,

Tim

Thread #10
D
OP Offline
D
Originally Posted By: alpha.omega62
Tim,

You still got a 'date' this weekend? I didn't think about mowing my lawn until you mentioned it.....I probably should do mine too.....

Have a good weekend..

AO

When I got home my W was cutting the lawn. Nothing sexier than a woman pushing a lawn mower and working up a sweat. I got out the tractor and did the rest of the yard. When we were done we talked about what we were doing this weekend and she mentions about The Parade of Homes going on this weekend and how she always wanted to go do it. I told her it was a great idea and maybe we would see something we like that we could do at our house.

Its not exactly my type of fun but it is alone time together, its not a quiet movie theater where we cannot talk and its something different we have never done. Sounds like a win, win for me.

Thread #10
B
B
Originally Posted By: Distressed67
she mentions about The Parade of Homes going on this weekend and how she always wanted to go do it. I told her it was a great idea and maybe we would see something we like that we could do at our house.

Its not exactly my type of fun but it is alone time together, its not a quiet movie theater where we cannot talk and its something different we have never done. Sounds like a win, win for me.

sigh.... something I asked my H to do with me for several years... go to open houses on Sundays and on Tour of Homes...

wasn't his kind of fun either.. we are not in the market for a house so why should we go to open houses... was the usual response.

why should we have gone??

because:
Originally Posted By: distressed67
...she always wanted to go do it... it is alone time together, its not a quiet movie theater where we cannot talk and its something different we have never done

good for you for doing a 180 \:\)
Peace Bridge

Divorced 03/2010
Mom to two amazing kids

Taking the road less traveled because those encountered on the way may be just as unique.

http://tinyurl.com/ybqkan8 = Current Thread

W
W
Tim,

Hope you have a great time.

You're a great man and you will be fine.

AO

D
OP Offline
D
Thanks Ladies,

I plan on having a good time. I took her antique shopping many years ago in a town near our home. Block after block of nothing but antiques and craft stores again not my cup of tea but it was time alone and she wanted to do it. I enjoyed myself because she enjoyed it, we never did it again not sure why but maybe next year. I endured many a craft shows with her and apple festivals and other types of stuff like that, then it all slowly went away.

Life seems to get in the way of that stuff and until you don't spent that quality time together do you finally realize what you are truely missing. Its not what you are doing but the fact that you are doing it with the person you love and that they enjoy doing it.

Thread #10
Bridgestone:

"Peace Bridge" - that caught my attention. I live 20 minutes from the Peace Bridge - international border between Canada and the U.S.

I assume you said it as a sign off but it struck me funny,

Cheers!

Barb

Page 2 of 14 1 2 3 4 13 14

Moderated by  Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard