NOTICE: In order to help the OnLine Community run more efficiently, we will be pruning the boards over the next few weeks. If there are any Topics or Posts you want to keep, please save them soon.
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 ... 13 14 >
Topic Options
#1633095 - 10/28/08 10:25 PM A Navy Wife's Prayer
StrgMarvelousWmn Offline

Loc: Virginia

Navy Wife's Prayer

Author Unknown

Dear Lord, give me greatness of heart to see,
The difference between duty and his love for me.

Give me a task to do each day,
to help pass the time while he is away;

Give me the understanding, so that I may know,
That when duty calls he must go;

And, Dear Lord, when he goes out to sea,
please bring him home safely to me.

Obviously, this is not the only prayer going out from my house!

I did not even realize that my thread had locked. Wow! Here is all of my history to date:

Never Knew Heartbreak Hurt This Bad
Haze Grey and Underway--Can We Talk
Anchors Aweigh
Man the Rails and Give no Quarter
Between the Devil and the Deep
I Always Admired the Cut of His Jib
Why Did She Marry A Sailor
Welcome To The GoatLocker
How Long Have You Been a Sailor?
Street Girls Bringing Sailors Into Hotel--
Gee, I Wish I Were A Man, I’d Join The Navy
Navy Wife—Toughest Job In The Fleet
When God Created the Navy Wife
A Military Spouse
A Member of the Silent Ranks
I AM the Navy Wife
A Navy Wife is no Ordinary Woman

Just getting this open, I am still working on some school things.

SMW
B2/08
S4/08
current

Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through
every circumstance.
I Corinthians 13:7

#1633144 - 10/28/08 11:28 PM Re: A Navy Wife's Prayer [Re: StrgMarvelousWmn]
S.T. _I Made It! Offline

Loc: Tulsa
YEA! I'm first! I'd just like some water on ice please. ;\)

okay, here comes me, the...um...something against the current. oh, I forget everything.

anyways,

I am thinking that the reason for your H's weirdness may be partly due to the comment from his friend. you know about you not emailing him. I'm kinda wondering if he's frustrated that he's the one initiating all the contact. I could be wrong, but at some point, I think us LBSers need to start initiating too.

It's also possible that he is still in contact with the OW, and is guilty about it, and he's taking it out on you.

If you need for yourself to take a break, I think that is fine. I am against that letter though. If you write something, I would not be talking about how "great" you are and that your done doing it. Remember, God has told us to be the best w that we can be. If you really feel the need to say something, well, I would just want to read it first. ;\)

(((smw))) Don't let your family bring you down. You know what God is calling you for, and he is leading you. Don't be led on the easy path.
DB 5/2006
H wants D 6/2006
H wants ME 8/2006
H "said" PA/EA over 8/2006
H erased OW off phone! 2/2007

"It is far better 2 choose humility & change oneself, than 2 wait in vain trying 2 chang someone else."

#1633147 - 10/28/08 11:34 PM Re: A Navy Wife's Prayer [Re: S.T. _I Made It!]
S.T. _I Made It! Offline

oh, and remember the verse about how easy it is to love someone that loves us. even theives do that. (or whoever it was), and it is loving someone that does NOT love us, that is something great. Not that your H doesn't love you, because I know he does, but he's obviously not showing you love right now.

hey, btw, what is your H's 5LLs. I'm sure I've asked this twice before, but I said I have a horrible memory.

I'm still thinking you need to flirt with the darn boy. He's got selfesteem issues right? well, look at it this way. If he really is still in contact with the OW, you KNOW she is flirting with him and telling him things he wants to hear, but you on the other hand, your being a wonderful wife, but you are not providing THAT part of being a wonderful wife. It doesn't mean you have to DO anything, but you can definitely talk like you'd want to.

I know your definitely not in the mood to try this, but perhaps when your anger subsides. ??? ;\) oh, and yes, get rid of all that stuff because it will keep reminding you of what your H did NOT do.
DB 5/2006
H wants D 6/2006
H wants ME 8/2006

"It is far better 2 choose humility & change oneself, than 2 wait in vain trying 2 chang someone else."

#1633148 - 10/28/08 11:35 PM Re: A Navy Wife's Prayer [Re: S.T. _I Made It!]
S.T. _I Made It! Offline

oh, since you sent that carepackage, did you add a pic in there like you said you would??
DB 5/2006
H wants D 6/2006
H wants ME 8/2006

#1633153 - 10/28/08 11:41 PM Re: A Navy Wife's Prayer [Re: S.T. _I Made It!]
StrgMarvelousWmn Offline

Ice water it is!

I am sitting on things for right now. No email from him today anyway.

I will bet money that he is in contact with her.

Of course, there is always the flip, too. Perhaps she realized how futile her pursuit is, is no longer contacting him and he is hurting and lashing out at the most logical person--me.

I would submit any email for approval especially something this critical. ;\)

I know, lead my heart, not let it lead me. Satan will not steal my joy, as the Lord is in control. Tomorrow night at church is an entire service full of praise and worship. I cannot wait! I love when we do that.

SMW
B2/08
S4/08
current

every circumstance.

#1633159 - 10/28/08 11:48 PM Re: A Navy Wife's Prayer [Re: S.T. _I Made It!]
StrgMarvelousWmn Offline

Originally Posted By: S.T. _I Made It!
oh, and remember the verse about how easy it is to love someone that loves us. even theives do that. (or whoever it was), and it is loving someone that does NOT love us, that is something great. Not that your H doesn't love you, because I know he does, but he's obviously not showing you love right now.
You got that right. Indifference is even in short supply from him right now.

Quote:
hey, btw, what is your H's 5LLs. I'm sure I've asked this twice before, but I said I have a horrible memory.
O am thinking it is quality time followed by acts of service. Not 100% sure, but there were some old emails from his last deployment that gives me to believe that spending time together is a huge thing for him. He also mentioned our not spending time together at MC.

Quote:
I'm still thinking you need to flirt with the darn boy. He's got selfesteem issues right? well, look at it this way. If he really is still in contact with the OW, you KNOW she is flirting with him and telling him things he wants to hear, but you on the other hand, your being a wonderful wife, but you are not providing THAT part of being a wonderful wife. It doesn't mean you have to DO anything, but you can definitely talk like you'd want to.
I did flirt a bit, wit ha slightly risque letter in the one package I sent out. It was not full blown but it was enough to make him stop and think about things that used to be.

Quote:
I know your definitely not in the mood to try this, but perhaps when your anger subsides. ??? ;\) oh, and yes, get rid of all that stuff because it will keep reminding you of what your H did NOT do.
I am getting the yard work done this weekend. I have a friend coming over to help me. It is the friend of H's that is divorced--the one H thought was attracted to me- and I am thinking I am going to tell H's BF's W to mention it when she emails her H. I know he will make sure it gets back to H. When I called the DF, he was more than willing to help and wanted to know why I did not call sooner. Told him I did not want to bother him. He told me that with H deployed, he knows I need help and I should not hesitate to lean on friends. I know to be careful and I will not be flirting with him, but I do appreciate him be willing to help.

SMW
B2/08
S4/08
current

every circumstance.

#1633160 - 10/28/08 11:50 PM Re: A Navy Wife's Prayer [Re: S.T. _I Made It!]
StrgMarvelousWmn Offline

Originally Posted By: S.T. _I Made It!
oh, since you sent that carepackage, did you add a pic in there like you said you would??

No, no picture, I did not have the money or time to get them done. I do plan to do it, maybe in time for Christmas, but definitely by Valentine's Day.

SMW
B2/08
S4/08
current

every circumstance.

#1633287 - 10/29/08 08:34 AM Re: A Navy Wife's Prayer [Re: StrgMarvelousWmn]
StrgMarvelousWmn Offline

Well, well, well.

Someone sent an email this morning. It would have been about 9:45 his time. It is full of questions, no chatter like there was in the early emails.
Quote:
Laura,
Did you have any problems getting the truck from the shop? What do you guys have planned for Friday? I remember Michaela telling me about the church and that they’re supposed to have some activities for the evening. I’m going to sign up for another United Through Reading session and see what kind of books I can round up that are related to the holidays. Did they already watch the entire DVD that they have? Were there any issues with playing it in the PS2? Alright, you guys take care and I’ll write later.

H

Other than the question about the car, all of the others were answered at some point last week. Maybe he should actually READ the emails I send him--there's a novel thought!

I am sure that part of the short email is his work load, but a part of me thinks it is him pulling further away. No matter. I am not answering it either way. Wednesdays are busy for me and I have a lot to do around the house, what with getting the kids' winter clothes unpacked and into their drawers.

I still have to figure out how to get up the attic to get D5's Halloween costume down. I called my niece's friend--she is 6'5"--to see if she can come over to help. Hopefully she will call back soon.

Oh, and Crissy--I do not think he could have many self-esteem issues if he has a wife AND a girlfriend. For most guys that is a bit of an ego boost. Well, maybe he needs to realize that he is losing his kids because of his choices. D9 hardly ever asks about him or if he emails and I see her every morning before school. She told my sister that she is mad at him for leaving us. Sis told her he had to because of his job. D9 said, no he left us long before that. I would love to tell him that--she is the closest to him--but it will hurt him and I will not deliberately hurt him, that would be cruel.

SMW
B2/08
S4/08
current

every circumstance.

#1633369 - 10/29/08 10:05 AM Re: A Navy Wife's Prayer [Re: StrgMarvelousWmn]
Coach Offline

Quote:
Maybe he should actually READ the emails I send him--there's a novel thought!

Quote:
I am sure that part of the short email is his work load, but a part of me thinks it is him pulling further away

Quote:
I do not think he could have many self-esteem issues if he has a wife AND a girlfriend. For most guys that is a bit of an ego boost.

SMW, When we don't get feedback or the communication we need we tend to assume and think for our spouses. That's harmful to both sides. Don't assume or have any expectations. Just do what you need to do to take care of yourself and work on DBing.

Quote:
D9 said, no he left us long before that. I would love to tell him that--she is the closest to him--but it will hurt him

If it's honest and true then don't withhold. You are trying to protect him, which is mothering. Not attractive. As his W, partner and Mom of your children this should be addresed, maybe not right now but it matters.

What can you do - keep him informed of what's going on, toot your own horn, be transparent and be fun. Let him know how he can help you - be specific. Let's him know he's needed. Make sense?
You can handle it.
Cheers

#1633987 - 10/29/08 06:00 PM Re: A Navy Wife's Prayer [Re: Coach]
Dr LOve Offline

Loc: calif
Hey sadmw,

I'm here just reading along..

Doc

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 ... 13 14 >

Moderator:  dbmod, Virginia 

Save Your Marriage! Schedule Online

Schedule a phone consultation with a Divorce Busting® Coach! Call: 800-664-2435 or 303-444-7004