Get help from a Divorce Busting® Telephone Coach TODAY! We specialize in helping you get your marriage back on track, even when your spouse has one foot out the door. Don't be discouraged. We can help.
303-444-7004
or 800-664-2435
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... 10 11 >
Topic Options
#1616942 - 10/09/08 10:29 PM A Navy Wife is no Ordinary Woman
StrgMarvelousWmn Offline

Loc: Virginia
A Navy Wife is no ordinary woman. Operating for months at a time without the companionship or assistance of her husband, she routinely overcomes challenges that would give the average person a nervous breakdown.

Part Doctor, part Teacher and part Handyman, she can lavish loving care on a sick toddler, help a teenager with his Algebra homework, and track down a faulty circuit breaker -- all while holding down a full time job.

With thirty minutes notice, she can serve breakfast, lunch, or dinner to fourteen hungry Sailors, and still somehow balance her family's meager grocery budget.

She can press a set of dress whites to inspection standards, tie a perfect square knot in a military neckerchief, and pack a seabag in the cold hours before dawn.

For months at a time, she must settle for letters instead of kisses, emails in place of hugs, and long-distance phone calls in lieu of her husband's touch.
She manages a smile when her Sailor is at sea for the second Anniversary in a row, and accepts the fact that there's a one-in-three chance that he will have to stand Duty on her Birthday. She has learned to stand on a pier and wave goodbye without tears, even when her heart is breaking.

To her children, she is Chauffeur, Umpire, Psychologist, Spiritual Advisor, Financial Consultant, part-time Father, Tooth Fairy, Santa Claus, and the Easter Bunny. To her husband, she is Friend, Lover, Partner, Confidant, and Soul-Mate.

She is a patriot. She is the sort of citizen that all of us should be, but so few of us are. She lives with sacrifice, because she believes in the rights and ideals that her husband defends. Although she wears no uniform, she is a part of that defense -- a vital link in the chain of Freedom. Although she wears no medals and will reap no glory on the field of battle, she is a hero in the truest sense of the word.

She is a Navy Wife.

Here is all of my mess thus far--

Never Knew Heartbreak Hurt This Bad
Haze Grey and Underway--Can We Talk
Anchors Aweigh
Man the Rails and Give no Quarter
Between the Devil and the Deep
I Always Admired the Cut of His Jib
Why Did She Marry A Sailor
Welcome To The GoatLocker
How Long Have You Been a Sailor?
Street Girls Bringing Sailors Into Hotel--
Gee, I Wish I Were A Man, I’d Join The Navy
Navy Wife—Toughest Job In The Fleet
When God Created the Navy Wife
A Military Spouse
A Member of the Silent Ranks
I AM the Navy Wife

I am thinking about sending the above poem to H and tell him to send it around to his married guys, so that they will be sure to thank their wives. Probably too much, right?

SMW
B2/08
S4/08
current

Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through
every circumstance.
I Corinthians 13:7

#1616970 - 10/09/08 11:00 PM Re: A Navy Wife is no Ordinary Woman [Re: StrgMarvelousWmn]
Coach Offline

Does that say - "A Navy Wife is No Ornery Woman" ????? Oh my bad, it says ordinary.

#1616974 - 10/09/08 11:03 PM Re: A Navy Wife is no Ordinary Woman [Re: Coach]
StrgMarvelousWmn Offline

Originally Posted By: Coach
Does that say - "A Navy Wife is No Ornery Woman" ????? Oh my bad, it says ordinary.

Nah you had it right the first time, but we do not let it get out much! \:D

SMW
B2/08
S4/08
current

every circumstance.

#1617122 - 10/10/08 06:00 AM Re: A Navy Wife is no Ordinary Woman [Re: StrgMarvelousWmn]
ernest88 Offline

Quote:
Probably too much, right?

Personally I think it's too much. He knows what you do and what you have done.

#1617125 - 10/10/08 06:18 AM Re: A Navy Wife is no Ordinary Woman [Re: ernest88]
goldeylox Offline

Loc: OR
I agree w/ Mike.
Great poem tho. Maybe laminate it and put visor of your car or in your wallet?
Filed again Jan 10, dismissed
Now Piecing
alter persona: SuperBoots

#1617188 - 10/10/08 08:29 AM Re: A Navy Wife is no Ordinary Woman [Re: ernest88]
StrgMarvelousWmn Offline

Originally Posted By: M from Tennessee
Quote:

Does he Mike??? Well, yeah, I guess he does, since he is able t get on that ship without having to worry about the kids. But, does he appreciate it, that is a completely different story.

SMW
B2/08
S4/08
current

every circumstance.

#1617189 - 10/10/08 08:30 AM Re: A Navy Wife is no Ordinary Woman [Re: goldeylox]
StrgMarvelousWmn Offline

Originally Posted By: goldeylox
I agree w/ Mike.
Great poem tho. Maybe laminate it and put visor of your car or in your wallet?

I am going to print it and hang it next to the computer.

SMW
B2/08
S4/08
current

every circumstance.

#1617219 - 10/10/08 09:02 AM Re: A Navy Wife is no Ordinary Woman [Re: StrgMarvelousWmn]
marriedCrazy Offline

I think you should laminate several copies and maybe pass them around at your local Family Readiness Group or whatever they call the Navy family support system.

Eventually, your H will get the chance to see it, I'm sure. But a lot of other Navy spouses will surely be inspired by it whether or not they are having M/R troubles.

Great Poem. Very inspirational.

You are truly a strong woman for standing behind your H. I'm part-time military (former active duty) and the thought of leaving my kids behind with my W is terrifying. I've only 1.5 years left and my CC and 1st Sgt know my sitch so they've been working with me and it's been a godsend.

#1617220 - 10/10/08 09:05 AM Re: A Navy Wife is no Ordinary Woman [Re: StrgMarvelousWmn]
ernest88 Offline

Originally Posted By: sadmilitarywife
Originally Posted By: M from Tennessee
Quote:

Does he Mike??? Well, yeah, I guess he does, since he is able t get on that ship without having to worry about the kids. But, does he appreciate it, that is a completely different story.

SMW

if you would like to send it then by all means do..That's JMO..look the guy has issues..I can tell you this, DAWAH's know exactly what the LBW does..when you remind them of all you do then you only highlight his failures. MEN hate when their failures are highlighted...and I bet Guys in the service really hate it...Believe me he knows you shoulder the burden.

I'm sorry he does not apprecaite you for it. I'm sorry he does not tell you that.

#1617245 - 10/10/08 09:41 AM Re: A Navy Wife is no Ordinary Woman [Re: ernest88]
Amy M Offline

Loc: Florida
Hey! Just checking in on you. I'm okay!!! Not great, but okay!!!

Hope you are too. Have a good day.

Love you!
Amy
H out 8/1/08
OW confirmed 8/6/08
D final on 6/12/09...I'm doing good!

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... 10 11 >

Moderator:  dbmod, Virginia 

Save Your Marriage! Schedule Online

Schedule a phone consultation with a Divorce Busting® Coach! Call: 800-664-2435 or 303-444-7004