NOTICE: In order to help the OnLine Community run more efficiently, we will be pruning the boards over the next few weeks. If there are any Topics or Posts you want to keep, please save them soon.
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... 10 11 >
Topic Options
#1609080 - 10/01/08 12:09 AM I AM The Navy Wife
StrgMarvelousWmn Offline

Loc: Virginia
The Navy wife, like her civilian counterpart, must keep house, wash clothes, and shop for groceries. Like any other wife, a Navy wife takes an active part in the local and civic activities of her community, such as church, scouting and PTA. But that's about where
the similarity ends.

The Navy wife is a rare and unique breed of woman. She has many good opportunities that other wives do not have. She also has responsibilities and hardships heaped upon her that other wives couldn't cope with. It seems as if ship or squadron departures suddenly trigger the gremlins into action that disrupt normally well-run households. The household appliances or the family car always seems to wait until the Navy man leaves on a deployment to break down. And the children suddenly develop problems that just
didn't exist when "DAD" was home.

Yes, the Navy wife is unique in that she is a housewife, mother, father, and family manager all in one. She also plays an important and needed role in her husband's career in the Navy, whether it be short term or lifetime career. Her attitude toward and her
understanding of her husband's part in the Navy can be a liability or an asset to him.

How does the Navy wife do it? Simply, she understands her role as a Navy wife, her inherent responsibility to other Navy wives and that she is indeed a part of the Navy. She feels the pride of belonging to the Navy team and recognizes that she, too, is a representative of the Navy and the United States just as her husband is.

There is no other woman in the world like the Navy wife. She is indeed unique! She is indeed rare! Navy wives, we salute you. For without you, this great Navy of ours would not be what it is today.

Well, I might as well get this started before I try to get some sleep tonight. Not much going on here. H did not email today. Of course, he may be pouting because apparently D17 told him off yesterday when she emailed him. Oh well, it is what it is. (thanks, Mike!)

For those brave (or foolish, I will let you be the judge) to want all the details, here are the threads to date:

Never Knew Heartbreak Hurt This Bad
Haze Grey and Underway--Can We Talk
Anchors Aweigh
Man the Rails and Give no Quarter
Between the Devil and the Deep
I Always Admired the Cut of His Jib
Why Did She Marry A Sailor
Welcome To The GoatLocker
How Long Have You Been a Sailor?
Street Girls Bringing Sailors Into Hotel--
Gee, I Wish I Were A Man, I’d Join The Navy
Navy Wife—Toughest Job In The Fleet
When God Created the Navy Wife
A Military Spouse
A Member of the Silent Ranks

SMW
B2/08
S4/08
current

Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through
every circumstance.
I Corinthians 13:7

#1609092 - 10/01/08 12:22 AM Re: I AM The Navy Wife [Re: StrgMarvelousWmn]
sgctxok Offline

I love it!

#1609138 - 10/01/08 01:25 AM Re: I AM The Navy Wife [Re: sgctxok]
StrgMarvelousWmn Offline

Thanks SG. Someone sent it to me today. Maybe I should send it to H.

SMW
B2/08
S4/08
current

every circumstance.

#1609142 - 10/01/08 01:34 AM Re: I AM The Navy Wife [Re: StrgMarvelousWmn]
smartcookie Offline

(((((SMW))))

Why is it every time H leaves town, the water heater breaks, the kids get sick, the tire goes flat, & the plumbing backs up ?

I know your H travels way more than mine, I feel for ya sweetie. Mine was out of town last year for 14 weeks.

You're a strong beautiful courageous woman !

Hugs

#1609211 - 10/01/08 07:36 AM Re: I AM The Navy Wife [Re: smartcookie]
Coach Offline

Quote:
Why is it every time H leaves town, the water heater breaks, the kids get sick, the tire goes flat, & the plumbing backs up ?

Is it:
A: H sabotage the house prior to leaving in a vain attempt to fell appreciated.

B: Shows how capable our Ws are and we don't appreciate them enough.

C: Proves God has a sense of humor.'

D: All of the above.

#1609221 - 10/01/08 07:54 AM Re: I AM The Navy Wife [Re: Coach]
StrgMarvelousWmn Offline

Originally Posted By: Coach
Quote:

Is it:
A: H sabotage the house prior to leaving in a vain attempt to fell appreciated.

B: Shows how capable our Ws are and we don't appreciate them enough.

C: Proves God has a sense of humor.'

D: All of the above.

What do I win for playing today????

Unfortunately, apparently I am currently not appreciated enough.

Dealing with some bills and responding to an email from H. I will be back in a little bit.

SMW
B2/08
S4/08
current

every circumstance.

#1609226 - 10/01/08 08:00 AM Re: I AM The Navy Wife [Re: StrgMarvelousWmn]
BeginningAgain Online   content

Nice poem SMW - I guess for the Navy "Husband" version I would add "Stands at the Pier and watches as his Wife sails away with 1000 soon to be sex starved men to visit exotic ports around the world". \:\(

S4H

#1609232 - 10/01/08 08:14 AM Re: I AM The Navy Wife [Re: BeginningAgain]
StrgMarvelousWmn Offline

{{{{{S4H}}}}}}

Knowing how I felt when they first let women on the carriers, I know that had to suck for you, too.

H is in a snit. He hasn't sad anything, but it is coming across in the way he is writing. Oh well. I know it is because he had to give me so much money this payday and had to ask me to pay a couple of the bills because he could not get into the internet bill pay to do it.

I don't understand why he does not see that we are a team, that it is okay to work together on things. UGH! I have not had the best couple of days, and reading about Jen's loss made last night really bad. It seemed like they might be working things out. Somethings in life seem so unfair and it I see why it would be so easy to rail at God, wanting to know why he let things happen. Some things He cannot stop the enemy from doing.

It definitely makes you appreciate what you have and not want to waste another minute. Of course, our WAS are not going to see that for us. Well, I am more determined than ever. I am also scared and worried. My H's ship is moving into an unstable area over the next few days. Please, everyone, pray for his and his shipmates' safety, for them all to return home safe to their families.

SMW
B2/08
S4/08
current

every circumstance.

#1609280 - 10/01/08 09:37 AM Re: I AM The Navy Wife [Re: StrgMarvelousWmn]
BeginningAgain Online   content

(((SMW)))

Yes - Jen's news was absolutely devastating. I feel so awful for her and her D and can't even imagine what she is feeling and going through.

Sorry things are at a bit of a low for you - but you know how deployments go - it's a rollercoaster all to itself. Just hang in there and keep yourself busy and try not to read inbetween the lines on the emails - easier said then done I know!

Think I know what area you are referring too and I wish your H and the entire crew of his ship safe passage. I'm sure my W and the staff she works with is watching over them carefully as well.

S4H

#1609302 - 10/01/08 10:03 AM Re: I AM The Navy Wife [Re: StrgMarvelousWmn]
Joe Offline

Loc: BC, Canada
SMW, its been a while. How are you holding up? Dont have any time, but I just thought I would drop a line and say HI.

"HI!!" LOL.

I will check in later, have to run. My C awaits.

Joe
M: 13
Bomb: 01/28/08
Total bomb drops: Lost count!
Support: Here, God above, and now the Love Dare

Love always prevails.

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... 10 11 >

Moderator:  dbmod, Virginia 

Save Your Marriage! Schedule Online

Schedule a phone consultation with a Divorce Busting® Coach! Call: 800-664-2435 or 303-444-7004