Next Thread
Print Thread
#1583352 09/07/08 05:38 AM
W
Warden Offline OP
OP Offline
W
Hi there,

I have a classic, but tough, WAW scenario. We've been separated now for 2 months. There is also infidelity involved on her part; the final contributor to the WAW.

We've agreed to give it 6 months before making a final decision. At her request, I moved out an into my own apartment.

I found your site, and bought The Divorce Remedy. It has been a god send. I have read it cover to cover a couple of times and have been trying to practice the principals involved.

Trouble is, I have been stuck at 'The Last Resort' phase now for close to three weeks. She doesn't show any signs of interest at all. I know patience is the key to this, but she is a tough one. She has always been a to-do list kind of person and wants everything planned. What has happened has turned her into a major control freak.

I am pretty sure she is still seeing the guy (I quit snooping, all it was doing was hurting me), and uses him more as a "F*ck Buddy" from what I can tell. She feels she needs to be in complete control.

I've been thinking about going ahead and doing the phone coaching, but I'm wondering if this is a lost cause given her attitude.

Can one of you please advise?

Thank you.

K
K
Hi--I am sorry that you are faced with the situtaion you are in. You are in the right place and I'd strongly recommend DB coaching. I'm in a similiar situation with a long time SO and think the coaching is the best thing I've done in a long time.

Don't be dissuaded by time although I get frustrated also. As Michelle says "do nothing IS doing something". Three weeks or even three months is not much time for someone confused and hurting.

Hang in there! Call a coach, mine is fabulous!

karla

Moderated by  Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard