NOTICE: In order to help the OnLine Community run more efficiently, we will be pruning the boards over the next few weeks. If there are any Topics or Posts you want to keep, please save them soon.
Page 14 of 14 < 1 2 ... 12 13 14
Topic Options
#1547440 - 08/05/08 11:04 PM Re: Letting God Take Control Part 14 [Re: plentyhope]
sooners7xchamps Offline

Well PH I pray that you are right.

#1547445 - 08/05/08 11:08 PM Re: Letting God Take Control Part 14 [Re: plentyhope]
glamgirl Offline

You have to go with how you feel PH. I have just found that men want to be appreciated and respected period. A nice e-mail thanking your h for bringing the boys by does just that.

I used to think should I do this or that second guess myself, now I just do what's in my heart.

I look at it this way. The e-mail is nothing more than thanking a good friend for spending time with you or whatever the situation. As long as you have no expectations like a return e-mail, phone call, r talk then you are on the right track.

It's simply a thank you, nothing more and nothing less.
S 9
D 7
M 12
T 17
H moved out 8/2006
H moved home 1/2007 for 3 weeks
H moved home 5/2011 for good

"Learn from yesterday ~ Live for today ~ And hope for tomorrow"

#1547452 - 08/05/08 11:13 PM Re: Letting God Take Control Part 14 [Re: plentyhope]
Yoyowife Offline

Hi Everyone,

I've been posting on the infidelity board. I've been reading about MLC and believe my H is having one. I decided to post over here today. Brandnewday posted the newsletter on my thread. It was awesome and it gave me hope to continue standing for my marriage. I definitely believe it was a sign. They say there are no such things as coincidences, just signs of divine intervention.

I agree that until people have been through what we all have been through they don't know if they would continue to stand or not. In one of my books I read that most couples could possibly restore their marriages, but give up too soon and worry about being a doormat. I want to know in my heart that I have done everything possible to restore my marriage. I don't want to have any regrets or what ifs. Right now I will continue to pray and stand for my marriage.

Yoyo

Life's challenges are not supposed to paralyze you, they're supposed to help you discover who you are.
-- Bernice Johnson Reagon

#1547465 - 08/05/08 11:22 PM Re: Letting God Take Control Part 14 [Re: glamgirl]
plentyhope Offline

Originally Posted By: glamgirl
You have to go with how you feel PH. I have just found that men want to be appreciated and respected period. A nice e-mail thanking your h for bringing the boys by does just that.

I used to think should I do this or that second guess myself, now I just do what's in my heart.

I look at it this way. The e-mail is nothing more than thanking a good friend for spending time with you or whatever the situation. As long as you have no expectations like a return e-mail, phone call, r talk then you are on the right track.

It's simply a thank you, nothing more and nothing less.
glam,
I hear you about men needing appreciation and respect. That's why I have been doing it. My H would say that he knew I missed him because I sent him cards and email. This is why I have eben careful about not sending any lately, especially after his "moving on" speech. I wonder if he feels pressure from the cards/email. He knows I know words of affirmation are his second LL. His 1st is touch. When I tried to rub his shoulder when he walked in that evening of his speech, he shrank away, and didn't want me to touch him. It's as if he thinks I am manipulating him through his LL or maybe he didn't trust himself to not get carried away to intimacy.

Thanks for the suggestion. I will think about it a bit more.

#1547472 - 08/05/08 11:26 PM Re: Letting God Take Control Part 14 [Re: Yoyowife]
plentyhope Offline

Originally Posted By: Yoyowife
Brandnewday posted the newsletter on my thread. It was awesome and it gave me hope to continue standing for my marriage. I definitely believe it was a sign. They say there are no such things as coincidences, just signs of divine intervention.

I agree that until people have been through what we all have been through they don't know if they would continue to stand or not. In one of my books I read that most couples could possibly restore their marriages, but give up too soon and worry about being a doormat. I want to know in my heart that I have done everything possible to restore my marriage. I don't want to have any regrets or what ifs. Right now I will continue to pray and stand for my marriage.
Hi yoyo,
Yes, me too - I don't believe in coicidences either. In Feb 2007, I believe God spoke to me through someone mentioning Charlyne Cares to me. This was after the verse "Be still and know that I am God" came into my mind while I was pleading with God about my M.

I too from Day 1 feel that I want to do all in my power to save my M so that I am at peace, even if things never worked out. At least I know I have tried my best and obeyed God in standing.

Page 14 of 14 < 1 2 ... 12 13 14

Moderator:  Virginia 

Save Your Marriage! Schedule Online

Schedule a phone consultation with a Divorce Busting® Coach! Call: 800-664-2435 or 303-444-7004