Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 17 18
S
OP Offline
S
So, by now, you all know that H has made Chief and I am thrilled beyond belief!! I thought this would be a good time to start a new thread. Here are all of my old ones:
Never Knew Heartbreak Hurt This Bad
Haze Grey and Underway--Can We Talk
Anchors Aweigh
Man the Rails and Give no Quarter
Between the Devil and the Deep
I Always Admired the Cut of His Jib

I recieved this little thing in an email a few years ago and wanted to share it with you. I keep it framed on my desk in every house we have ever lived in.

WHY DID SHE MARRY A SAILOR
written by: a Chief Petty Officer

When the last line has been cast and you’re leaving her alone again for another six months
You wonder: Why did she marry a sailor?

When you’ve been gone only three months and you’re writing those dreadful words in a letter, “Honey, send more money”, knowing that she is already doing without

When you know that clunker of a car you left her with needed three more days of work before you left and all you had time to do was change the oil

When the last week you were in (that was supposed to be stand-down) every piece of gear in your division broke down

When you stop and count and find in sixteen years you have a grand total of $275 in savings

When its Christmas morning and you’re still sitting alone on the mess decks after having the mid-watch

When its 0200 and you’re lying in your bunk looking up at the picture of your wife and new baby and thinking he’ll be walking by the time you get back

When the last time you could mail a letter was two months ago

Then one morning you finally hear the words “We’ve just past Pappa Hotel”, then you finally see her standing on the pier in her new dress with the little one in his new sailor suit and a tear forms in your eye
You know why she married a sailor!!

When you remember all of the other homecomings, he look of love in her eyes when she sees you, the feel of her touch again, the pride you feel when you see your child, the feeling of the honeymoon all over again

When you awake in the night and find that she’s nearly pushed you off the bed while seeking body heat

And when you are both old and gray and still acting like teen-agers because of all the time you spent apart
YOU KNOW WHY SHE MARRIED A SAILOR!!

SMW

M40/H36
T16/M14
B2/08
S4/08
current

Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through
every circumstance.
I Corinthians 13:7

aw

sg
Love is PATIENT, love is KIND, LOVE never fails / DB since 2001
M
M
That is so sweet SMW!

T19 M15 S19 XH47 M43
bomb12/4/07
PA5/07
S12/26/07
D final 11/17/08
Back together with no defined R 05/2010
confused....to say the least!!!

S
OP Offline
S
Near the end of my last thread, I recapped my weekend with H and everything about him being selected for Chief, in case anyone is wondering what happened.

SMW

M40/H36
T16/M14
B2/08
S4/08
current

every circumstance.

I just caught up with your weekend. TOOOO awesome!!!!

You go girl!

sg
Love is PATIENT, love is KIND, LOVE never fails / DB since 2001
S
OP Offline
S
SG--

Does it look as positive as it feels? Or, am I too close to be objective?

SMW

M40/H36
T16/M14
B2/08
S4/08
current

every circumstance.

S
S
(((SMW))), it looks very positive, & next time KISS HIM, silly girl !
Hugs

M 19 years, MC for 8 months, DB'd for 8 months
4 kids; 18, 15, 14, & 10
I was never meant to be a doormat. It took me years of therapy to become assertive enough to stop his abuse.
S
OP Offline
S
SC

I am thinking I am going to go for the kiss when I pick him up the end of this week. Of course, I will probably change my mind three or four times between now aand then .

I am soo nervous--I wanted things to work out, I prayed for it to happen, but I am so scared about the next step!

SMW

M40/H36
T16/M14
B2/08
S4/08
current

every circumstance.

E
E
Well, well. I'm not gonna muddle your head up. I'll say congrats to the H on the new job, good on you too!!

Looks like your doing really well and things are looking up.

3 Doors Down Tickets are looking better and better I bet!!

I say a prayer for you every night. I'll continue to do so.

S
OP Offline
S
Thanks for the congrats Mike! I cannot begin to sxpress how proud I am of my husband. This is a big step for him as far as achievement in his career and one that he has more than earned through his committment to the military and getting the job done, done right, and ahead of schedule. He is an amazing leader and his junior sailors have always looked up to him as a guiding light.

Actually, courtesy of H making Chief, we may not be able to go to 3 Doors Down, LOL! I have been told that that is the night of the Khaki Ball, a cocktail party we will have to attend. None of the dates are in stone yet and the Spouse Meet and Greet has been delayed due to the ship pulling back out. Hopefully we will know something by the end of the week.

No 2x4s for me, huh? Good, I am glad!! I know if you and Ian are not swinging I must be doing alright.

Please continue the prayers! I have stepped up mine. I went to a wonderful concert at my church last evening. Ricardo Sanchez performed and it was a wonderful, uplifting evening. I love this song by him:
Moving Forward

No emails from H yet, but I am not surprised. Between the couple days we had, OPSTEMPO on the ship, and Chief's initiation, I am sure his plate is VERY full right now. I am contemplating sending him something quick and encouraging, especially since he had seemed bothered by the lack of emails before he emailed me while they were out the last two weeks. Should I, or should I wait it out for him to send one to me again? I am open to opinions.

SMW

M40/H36
T16/M14
B2/08
S4/08
current

every circumstance.

Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 17 18

Moderated by  Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard