Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 18 1 2 3 4 5 17 18
A
A
SMW - i know that my H doesn't keep any of the cards i've ever given him, but i sent him one not that long ago telling him that i know things will get better yada yada yada... he kept it and i found it in his drawer when we moved recently. I asked him why he kept it and he said that there was no special reason, probably he just set it in his drawer cause he was busy... Then when i asked him if he would like me to just throw it out, he said no, just put it in the box. It's back in this desk drawer.

Kalni is exactly right that you have no idea what they mean to him and that you shouldn't build anything arround that, but i'd say if he took them, they mean something, especially after a good weekend...

ann

If i can't fall in love... I'd like to fall in chocolate! ~ Author Unknown

ann
S
OP Offline
S
Ann--

My husband has kept everything I have ever given him. We have a little trunk full of cards and letters that we have exchanged since we first started dating. I am not going to obsess about it, honest, but it did add to the warm, fuzzy feeling that is carrying over from the weekend.

SMW

M40/H36
T16/M14
B2/08
S4/08
current

Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through
every circumstance.
I Corinthians 13:7

A
A
Originally Posted By: sadmilitarywife
it did add to the warm, fuzzy feeling that is carrying over from the weekend.
awesome!! \:\)

ann

If i can't fall in love... I'd like to fall in chocolate! ~ Author Unknown

ann
when is he back home again?

....Understand, that I can't, not be what I am
I'm not the milk, and Cheerios in your spoon
~ Avril Lavigne ~
..."Nobody's Fool"...

me=ok /D'd since 7/07
D=ok
S
S
SMW -

Congratulations on your H making CPO. As an ex-sailor myself, that is a huge change in pay and job responsibility. But even more important is the fact that your M now appears on the road to recovery. Well done!

Just remember... Red sky at night, sailor's delight. Red sky in morning, sailors warnin'g.

Here's to good sailing ahead,

Kerry

S
OP Offline
S
Sometime between Thursday and Saturday. OPSEC does not let us find out until 48 hours ahead of time, and we do not get an exact time until 24 hours out.

I am going to send him a quick email tonight, letting him know about the F from church that will sign his Charge Book and just let him know we are thinking about him. He had also asked me to see if I could get him some extra coveralls from the base thrift store, so I have to let him know about that, as well.

I am trying to do a couple other small things around the house, just to see if he will notice them, too. One of D16's friends has offered to come cut the grass on Wednesday. I am going to take him up on it, just cause the mosquitos are so bad that I do not want to be out there.

Off to measure and cut some fabric for curtains. Back later!

SMW

M40/H36
T16/M14
B2/08
S4/08
current

every circumstance.

S
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted By: KerryK
SMW -

Congratulations on your H making CPO. As an ex-sailor myself, that is a huge change in pay and job responsibility. But even more important is the fact that your M now appears on the road to recovery. Well done!

Just remember... Red sky at night, sailor's delight. Red sky in morning, sailors warnin'g.

Here's to good sailing ahead,

Kerry

Thanks for the congrats Kerry. I have to say it again, I am so proud of him! We are looking at about $450 more a month and we are first increment, so it will kick in no later than October. That will be very nice with him going on cruise. Hopefully the skipper is fond of hitting the golden circle to ensure we stay tax free for most of it, too!

It does seem like we may be making some steps in the right direction as far as our M. I am cautiously optimistic about things and am still not putting myself out there too much. I know at some point, I am going to have to step on faith, but I do not think it is time yet.

I sense God's hand in all of this, and know that He will tell me the right thing to do at the right time. Until then, I will just keep praying and working on me.

SMW

M40/H36
T16/M14
B2/08
S4/08
current

every circumstance.

R
R
SMW...

Here is my take on the cards now this is 'just me' other men could and can be different. I was not much for keeping cards that were given to me, but W would hang on to them and everybody elses, hers, the kids. Now when I would ask her to make my lunch to take to work she would always write a note on a napkin, from have a good day to last night was electric. I never kept a card, but I have EVERYONE of those napkins.

A man doesn't just do something for no good reason there is usually a purpose behind it, IMO the cards will keep him grounded while being away and to remind him that he has a AWESOME Navy wife waiting at home that supports him. Just my take on it...

Your path is straight right now stay grounded yourself and allow the word of God to keep guiding you...

HUGS

Brian

Me:46/W:38
D:18/D:12
Bomb: 08/27/07
Seperated: 05/17/08
M:9/T:13
E
E
Hey SMW, for what it is worth I have every card, every letter, every note, every gift..I can see every message STBX ever left me on the mirror in lipstick in our master bath in my mind..I'll take the cards with me when I leave. I'll read them later one at a time. Then I'll shred them and start my new life.. he knows the cards are there. I can't read his mind and tell you that he will read them..but he has them..that's all that matters right??

G
G
SMW, First, congratulations to your H on his accomplishment. You have every right to be proud of him, and it's not over the top to send a quick note (not too mushy) telling him how proud his family is of him.
I'm sorry your mom couldn't find anything nicer to say.
You may have already heard of the flylady website. If not, RUN, don't walk and check it out. If you have seen it, then is your sink shiny? lol I'm a flybaby for almost 4 years.
No matter where this is going, God will not forsake you. Trust in Him that He has a plan for you and it is good. Peace.

Me:44, WAW hx bi-polar H:48, hx of abuse
S:22, S:19, D:16
Filed Oct 08, dismissed
Filed again Jan 10, dismissed
Now Piecing
alter persona: SuperBoots
Page 3 of 18 1 2 3 4 5 17 18

Moderated by  Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard