Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 11 12
D
OP Offline
D
Tuesday another day in the Seminar. Did not text my W in the morning. W called about 11:00 and left a message asking how my seminar was going and that she would not be able to pick up the drawings. Called her back left message saying that would be fine I will get them and will be home around 6:30.

Played golf, hit the ball really well if I could just hit the green on my approach shot I might be able to knock a bunch of strokes off my game. Anyway did well and the guys I played with bought me a beer because I surpassed my quota for the first time. AAAHHH free beer again.

Got home W and SIL were there ate dinner and talked a little to W. Then I went picked D up at the pool took her to pick up her friend and brought them back to my house. Made a bunch of phone calls to my S scout council to get some answers to questions the W had. Then she went to the gym. She got home after 10, I was tried said goodnight and went to bed. Did not really get to talk much to my W about anything.

The only question is how come when I’m away she calls and calls and seems to miss me but when I get home it the same old same old. I feel she is feeling much closer to me because of the phone calls but then when we are together its hard for her to move forward. Just thinking out loud here. I am in a good place everything was good just seems strange that’s all.

Thread #10
D
OP Offline
D
Originally Posted By: Suzanne1
Hi D,

My first impression about your last post was this: You W asked you about "calling your family," because she 'wanted' you to and became impatient. This happens to me all the time. Take it from an 'expert' caller. ;\)

s

I understand that and I apologized for not calling her back as soon as I got the message but I also told her I was waiting till after 8 so I could talk to everyone at the same time. I had my phone off during dinner because I think it is rude to not give the people I am dining with my full attention. I guess next time I will call her back right after dinner then call again later if I know one or both of my kids will not be there.

I am not use to her being so impatient when I go away. There were times I would go for a weekend to my brothers that she has never called so getting this many phone calls in such a short time is new. I like it but I will need to be more sesitive to her from now on.

Thanks for pointing this out to me.

Last edited by Distressed67; 07/30/08 05:22 PM.

Thread #10
E
E
Tim, a few observations if I may..

First you say she was stressed about the family get together on Sunday? Do you think she may have been stressed because you were leaving for the seminar?? She seems to miss you when she has space. She's making lots of contact when you're away. She's doing you favors by picking things up for your new business.

It seems you have both been running around busy since you got back. Do you know your W's LL?? Have any idea what it may be?? Could it be Quality Time?

I still see many positives..keep doing what your doing. Don;t make changes right now but really observe your W..watch for her reactions when you are home.

P
P
No D,

I'm sorry if I did not make myself clear enough. I should have added that you are doing the right thing, and to keep it up. Sometimes, my communications skills are not the greatest. Please forgive me. I really, really meant that she was doing what you wanted her to do. I'm probably out-of-place visiting your thread. sorry.

((((((hugs)))))
s

E
E
Quote:
Played golf, hit the ball really well if I could just hit the green on my approach shot I might be able to knock a bunch of strokes off my game.

It's something basic, check your alignment. make sure your knees, feet and shoulders are lined up on your target line. Go to the range, lay clubs on the ground..

D
OP Offline
D
Originally Posted By: M from Tennessee
Quote:
Played golf, hit the ball really well if I could just hit the green on my approach shot I might be able to knock a bunch of strokes off my game.

It's something basic, check your alignment. make sure your knees, feet and shoulders are lined up on your target line. Go to the range, lay clubs on the ground..

Thanks Mike, I have not been able to get to a driving range lately. I have been so focused on the business and hitting the ball consistantly that I was not working on my accuracy. Thanks for the tips.

Thread #10
D
OP Offline
D
Originally Posted By: M from Tennessee
Tim, a few observations if I may..

First you say she was stressed about the family get together on Sunday? Do you think she may have been stressed because you were leaving for the seminar?? She seems to miss you when she has space. She's making lots of contact when you're away. She's doing you favors by picking things up for your new business.

It seems you have both been running around busy since you got back. Do you know your W's LL?? Have any idea what it may be?? Could it be Quality Time?

I still see many positives..keep doing what your doing. Don;t make changes right now but really observe your W..watch for her reactions when you are home.

I need to get to the book store and get The 5 LL book.

You my be right about her being stressed because I was leaving its hard to tell. She snuggled with me on Friday & Saturday something she has not done in quite a while. Also she was fine when I went to work in the morning.

When I got home she had gone to the grocery store, made a pasta salad, made and ice cream cake and was in the process of making a peach tart and biscotte so she was quite busy. I helped her with the tart and then she made banana bread. That is why I did the dishes and then she went and relaxed and I went outside to do yard work.

It could be a combination of both but I do like the idea that she was stressed because I was leaving. I never thought about that.

Thanks.

Thread #10
D
OP Offline
D
Originally Posted By: poet
No D,

I'm sorry if I did not make myself clear enough. I should have added that you are doing the right thing, and to keep it up. Sometimes, my communications skills are not the greatest. Please forgive me. I really, really meant that she was doing what you wanted her to do. I'm probably out-of-place visiting your thread. sorry.

((((((hugs)))))
s

Do not apologize for your comment and you are not out of line for visiting my thread. I appriciate any comment or advice or 2x4 that anybody wants to throw my way. Please do not feel that I was upset, I just did not look at it from that POV and I was just trying to explain why I did not call her back.

Sometimes I am a little blunt in my postings and I am sorry if I made you feel unwelcome.

Feel free to read and comment on my thread anytime. All are welcome.

Tim

Last edited by Distressed67; 07/30/08 07:26 PM.

Thread #10
P
P
And your POV was perfectly reasonable from my understanding as well. ;\)

Was just making sure we were on the same page and did not want you to think/feel that it was a reprimand of any kind. Thanks for your feedback.

hugs,
poet

S
S
Hi Distressed. Nothing to say except hello. \:\)

ken

MySitch
Me-47
STBXW-41
D-5
S-8
ILYBNILWY-01/08
Want a D- 01/09
Physical Sep-01/10
D filed-06/10
Got 50% custody=09/11
Ride that wave!