D16 SD11 D0
Dec 07: Bomb
July 08: Busted!
Thread
S
OP Offline
S
OMG OMG OMG!!!!!

H made Chief! He called to tell me and was joking and kidding with me on the phone, then told me "Thank you, you never stopped believing in me." Told me he will be HOME this evening and would not be really late.

Now, opinions--I want to run out to the base and pick up his PT gear for him as a surprise for when he gets here. Just to show that I am behind him 100% through this period. My friend's husband is telling me to do it, it will make a huge statement to H. Friend's H is on the ship with my H. Should I do it?

I am so excited, I cannot even explain it.

I will be back later, the kids are dancing around me they are so excited, too.

SMW

M40/H36
T16/M14
B2/08
S4/08
current

Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through
every circumstance.
I Corinthians 13:7

P
P
yay! i heard there was a party here \:\)
sounds like he really loves you \:\)

Pisces
M 31 H 32
M 7 yrs
S 5/10
Beginning
Contact!
Vibes
Hot Tub
Cheese
S
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted By: pisces9
yay! i heard there was a party here \:\)
sounds like he really loves you \:\)

Pisces--

you know, he funny thing is, I hae only ever doubted that once or twice during all of this. Friend's H told me some interesting things this afternoon, too. Said that when he and H were talking on the ship while it was out, that H always had nice things to say about me, what a great relationship we have, how we know each other's thoughts and how we can even finish each other's sentences. Why can't he say these things to me??? FH said I am doing great and that H knows where he belongs, just needs to find his way back. He offered to draw him a map, too.
LOL

Alright, I am off to do laundry and eat something--if I can. My stomach is still all nerves from finding out the news.

Smooches!

SMW

M40/H36
T16/M14
B2/08
S4/08
current

every circumstance.

S
S
Hurray, Hurray!!!

Quote:
Now, opinions--I want to run out to the base and pick up his PT gear for him as a surprise for when he gets here. Just to show that I am behind him 100% through this period. My friend's husband is telling me to do it, it will make a huge statement to H. Friend's H is on the ship with my H. Should I do it?

YES! (IMHO)

(((((SMW)))))

I ask not for a lighter burden, but for broader shoulders
M/T 23
Bomb #1 (ILYBNILWY) 12.06
Bomb #2 (OW) 12.07
Bomb #3 (chose OW over M) 9.08
K
K
Yes, do it!!! It will mean a lot to him. Go girl!!!

I am happy for you, very happy...
K

Sexy
Strong
Smart
Smooth
Soft
Silly

Me&H:42
S11&D10
Bomb 5/2007-Sep 11/2007
Reconc.November 2009
S
OP Offline
S
Got it! His PT gear for Selectees and an extra T-Shirt that says Navy Chiefs-Welcome to the GoatLocker. He had admired one similar to it last year.

Also got a cute card from me and the kids. It has a cat hauling a cooler on the front, and says congratulations. On the inside it says Now stand still so I can dump this Gatorade over your head!

Back to picking up the house and grabbing a shower.

SMW

M40/H36
T16/M14
B2/08
S4/08
current

every circumstance.

V
V
(((((SuperMW)))))

Yippee!

S
OP Offline
S
I have so many things to post about the past day that I almost do not know where to start.

I guess I will start with the fact that after H called to tell me that he made chief, he followed it up with one other phone call, to tell me about other friends of ours who also were selected for chief. It was a chatty, comfortable conversation--much like we would have shared before the pod people moved in. He finished that off by telling me that he would call me when he left his parents' and was on his way home. And yes, he again referred to the house as home.

Betweeen that call and his next one, a F called to talk to me about H making Chief. This F I have mentioned before. He was a groomsman in our wedding. He is also attached to the squadron that will be on cruise with H's ship. Anyway, he wanted to give me an overview of what to expect, as a spouse, over the next six weeks while H is going through initiation for his advancement. While we were talking, he also mentioned that he ran into H during the deployment last week. H mentioned to him that he had not received any emails while they were gone. F said H seemed really bothered about it. F asked H if he had sent any and when H said no, asked why? H said he was busy and did not think too much about it, he was used to just answering mine when I would email. F told me it took all he had to ask H what he expected from me, under the circumstances. I am surprised he didn't, as this friend can be very blunt when needs must. F told me to hang in there and keep up the good work, that H is going to need my strength to lean on the next few weeks. Said he knows H is thinking, that there is plenty of time to do that when you are surrounded by 5000 people and no family in sight. Also told me that I am one of the strongest, most competent Navy wifes he has ever met. Said he told H that, too. He had not called H to congratulate him yet, so told me he was calling him next, but was not going to tell him he talked to me first.

H called to let me know he was heading home and asked if the kids could stay up til he got here. I told him that was not a problem. D8 was supposed to clean her room, it is currently operating as a runner-up pig sty, so that all the little kids and H could sleep in there. She never cleaned it. After H got here, he made several comments about where was he going to sleep. He never said where are WE going to sleep, referring to him and the kids. Every time he asked it, he kept looking at me. After he left today, D16 said to me, you realize Dad was trying to get you to let him sleep with you, right? I looked at her and said I did not think so, why not just come out and ask. She just rolled her eyes and walked out of the room.

We gave H his gifts and he really appreciated them, thanking me for taking the time to go pick them up, that he had not even thought about the fact that he would need the PT gear. He smiled at me and said, "But then again, you have always been so good about making sure I have what I need, when I need it." I kind of blushed and thanked him for the compliment and told him again how proud of him we all were.

D8 cleared a path and they all went and crashed in her room. that was around 11. I have not been able to get to sleep before 2 or 3am for longer than I care to think about, so I was still on the computer. H woke up around 12:30 and came out to see what time it was. I told him and he said it seemed later. He stood in the hall for a minute or two, then headed back to bed.

I finally headed up to bed around 2:15. By the time I read my devotionals, said prayers, and turned out the light, it was 3:30. I was having a hard time falling asleep and was pretty sure I heard the TV cut on. I finally fell asleep close to 5am.

When I woke up this morning, I got dressed and headed downstairs for a cigarette. D8 and D5 were awake, but H and S2 were still sleeping. I told the girls not to wake them up and asked D8 if she had been up watching TV early in the morning, as this has ben an issue all summer with her. She said no, but she thinks Daddy was, snce there was a coffee cup on the end table.

I went upstairs to cook breakfast and H came up shortly afterwards. I asked did he sleep well, he said no, that he woke up around 4 and did not fall go back to bed until almost 7:30. I told him if that was the case, he could have come upstairs and talked to me, since I did not go to sleep until almost 5. He asked where I had been, I said in our room. He said, "HHHMMM maybe I should have." The way he said it, it seemed like he wanted to say something else, but the kids came in the kitchen and he never did.

While I was cooking, he ironed his uniform. We had talked about the hair on the back of his neck being a little too long last night, and I had offered to clean it up for him. He came and asked me if the offer still stood and he also said he would trim S2's hair for me. He said if we could do that and he shaved at the house we would not have to leave as early to get him out to the ship. So we planned to take care of it after breakfast.

It was decided that we would have a water balloon fight after breakfast, too, so I told the girls to go fill ballons while we cut their brother and dad's hair. While I was shaving H's neck, I have to admit that I leaned a little close on purpose to see if he would pull away. He didn't and at one point leaned back into me. While he shaved, I got mt swimsuit on for the water ballon fight. H gave me a couple admiring looks--my suit cuts really low in the front and you cannot help but notice it!

We had a blast!! H and I were on opposite teams and split the kids between us. It was just fun and family, exactly what I was hoping for for the weekend.

I drove H out to the ship. We jsut chatted about everything and nothing on the way out. When we got to the pier, he gave me another hug, and a tighter one that lasted a little longer than the one I got two weeks ago. I told him to stay safe, that we would miss him, and he said he would email if he got a chance--does not know what his schedule will look like with the initiation process. As I was getting in the car, he told me to take care and he would see me in a few days. AS he rounded the corner to go through the gate, he turned and waved to me.

So, I am still floating on cloud nine. There are things I wish I had done or said, jsut because they were how I would have acted or responded before the bomb, but I am afraid of opening up too much right now. I may be strong, but it is a fragile strong right now and I am not willing to test it too much right now. I got the feeling that we are both tiptoeing around certain topics right now.

SMW

M40/H36
T16/M14
B2/08
S4/08
current

every circumstance.

S
S
(((((SMW))))) I am so happy for you guys !!!!!! Floating is a great thing.

Hugs

M 19 years, MC for 8 months, DB'd for 8 months
4 kids; 18, 15, 14, & 10
I was never meant to be a doormat. It took me years of therapy to become assertive enough to stop his abuse.
Page 12 of 13 1 2 10 11 12 13

Moderated by  Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard