Get help from a Divorce Busting® Telephone Coach TODAY! We specialize in helping you get your marriage back on track, even when your spouse has one foot out the door. Don't be discouraged. We can help.
303-444-7004
or 800-664-2435
Page 2 of 14 < 1 2 3 4 ... 13 14 >
Topic Options
#1535428 - 07/28/08 11:18 AM Re: Letting God Take Control Part 14 [Re: glamgirl]
plentyhope Offline

Originally Posted By: glamgirl
PH you have to forget about a move home at this time. Your h is not ready. I know how it hurts. I remember awhile back my h said he signed another 6 month lease. I was so hurt and angry at the same time. He even said I know you will be angry. I told him he could break the lease.

I am sure he knows that, but it's not what he wants to do, so after that conversation last year I just let it all go. He will need to decide when to come home. Now I still encourage him to come home, but no movement in that direction yet.

Just keep praying PH as to what God wants for your life. I will be praying for my h today, he has a job interview. I hope he gets this job. He needs that for his dignity and self esteem.
glam,
Thanks for checking in. I really need it today. I think the Enemy is attacking me today. I can't concentrate at work.

I am praying that God shows my H what a mistake he's making. I know that nothing is too hard for God. It's strange, I asked God to show me how to pray this morning and then opened the Bible to the Psalms, and found Psalm 55, and a few following it. The Psalms helped me pray for God to protect me from the Enemy's attacks.

I woke up earlier than I wanted to, feeling tired and ready to pray for my H. My brain sure is foggy today, too.

I hope your H gets the job too. It will be great for him to get one, for the reasons you mentioned.

#1535441 - 07/28/08 11:27 AM Re: Letting God Take Control Part 14 [Re: plentyhope]
glamgirl Offline

Thanks PH. The enemy is on attack when we least expect it. I know I was being attacked last week for sure. That was when I was questioning h and lashing out back to him.

I can see it was the enemy so clearly now. There are some great scriptures when the enemy attacks. I have to remember to pray often especially when I am being attacked.

I just call out to God to help me at that moment. It usually works. Sometimes I have to call out the majority of the day, but it works.

Off to the gym to pray. I walk the gym track and all I do is think and pray. Right now this seems to work for me. I was also breaking bread and drinking wine (aka sparkling juice) with the kids and praying in the evening with communion. I need to start this again. Helped me be very close to God. My vision was clearer then.

Keep praying PH and will pray for you today as well!
S 9
D 7
M 12
T 17
H moved out 8/2006
H moved home 1/2007 for 3 weeks
H moved home 5/2011 for good

"Learn from yesterday ~ Live for today ~ And hope for tomorrow"

#1535444 - 07/28/08 11:32 AM Re: Letting God Take Control Part 14 [Re: glamgirl]
plentyhope Offline

glam,
Thanks for encouraging, and for praying. The Enemy sure knows when and how to attack us.
-PH

#1535522 - 07/28/08 12:43 PM Re: Letting God Take Control Part 14 [Re: plentyhope]
happynow Offline

Hi PH,

You are so right! The enemy knows how & when for sure!!!!

I also need to get started with the Flylady!!

I'm sorry you are having a hard day, I do know what you mean. I can't quit thinking about H today. Everyday I think about him but I still just keep praying!

You hang in there, we are here for you!!!!

(((HUGS)))

#1535528 - 07/28/08 12:48 PM Re: Letting God Take Control Part 14 [Re: happynow]
MidwesternGirl Offline

Loc: SW USA
PH:

Try not to put so much emphasis on R talks. We really do not know if that is what he was calling about. If it was of importance, he would have left a message.

Right now, he seems confused. I think the best thing right now is to be still and continue praying.

Glam: I hope your H gets the job.

nlt: Keep focusing on your life and prayer right now. It can eat you up thinking about what your H is doing, etc. I know it is difficult but you will be able to do this in time.
H moves back: 03/08 & Out again: 04/08
H moves back: 05/09 & Out again: 07/09
Divorced 08-12
Kids: 22, 20, 19

#1535605 - 07/28/08 01:42 PM Re: Letting God Take Control Part 14 [Re: happynow]
plentyhope Offline

nlt,
Yes, you should start with the Flylady. I think you'll love it. I wish I have more time to spend on it.

Thanks for your hugs, sweet words, and for being here for me. I think we all need one another.

Yes, you keep praying. I think God is testing our faith and trust in Him.

You'll love this - our dog just came up to my elbow and sniffed and licked it, as if asking for attention or just being loving to me. I patted her and she was happy and walked away.

#1535613 - 07/28/08 01:46 PM Re: Letting God Take Control Part 14 [Re: MidwesternGirl]
plentyhope Offline

Quote:
Try not to put so much emphasis on R talks. We really do not know if that is what he was calling about. If it was of importance, he would have left a message.

Right now, he seems confused. I think the best thing right now is to be still and continue praying.
Steelers,
You're probably right about not putting the emphasis on the R talk or calls. It was probably about visiting with the boys. They went to a place on Sunday where we went together. We have great memories from going there. So I bet he was reminiscing and thinking about me in deciding to go there and while they were there. I think it might be a good thing that they went there yesterday.

I think he's still confused (even after 2 years). I will be still and continue the praying.

#1535645 - 07/28/08 02:07 PM Re: Letting God Take Control Part 14 [Re: plentyhope]
glamgirl Offline

NLT check out flylady. I like the concept and will follow some advice. I will go there to stay encouraged. I have upstairs and downstairs house and front yard and back. This week I am going to focus on downstairs and front yard.

My goal is to have it very clean by Saturday night. Let me see how much I can handle this week.

PH your h is still confused. Keep praying. You can bet he was thinking of you yesterday. I know that h and I reminisce about the past and I know he has to have some good feelings and thoughts about our past life. How could he not.

I hope your h contacts you again soon.
S 9
D 7
M 12
T 17
H moved out 8/2006

#1535669 - 07/28/08 02:14 PM Re: Letting God Take Control Part 14 [Re: glamgirl]
plentyhope Offline

Originally Posted By: glamgirl
NLT check out flylady. I like the concept and will follow some advice. I will go there to stay encouraged. I have upstairs and downstairs house and front yard and back. This week I am going to focus on downstairs and front yard.
glam, I have the same house layout as you do. I thought I'd follow this week's bless the house hour, starting tomorrow. I am really enjoying my shiny sink.

Quote:
My goal is to have it very clean by Saturday night. Let me see how much I can handle this week.
Cool, we can help motivate each other.

Quote:
PH your h is still confused. Keep praying. You can bet he was thinking of you yesterday. I know that h and I reminisce about the past and I know he has to have some good feelings and thoughts about our past life. How could he not.

I hope your h contacts you again soon.
Thanks, glam. How could I have done without you, Steelers and nlt today? I am always thankful for the support I get here. And thanks so much for Flylady. I really think God sent her to me, through you. It's about time that I get my house in order and have the "finally love you" attitude for myself, in practical/effective ways.

#1535806 - 07/28/08 03:25 PM Re: Letting God Take Control Part 14 [Re: plentyhope]
glamgirl Offline

Ok so I went to the gym and was praying that God would send me a sign that my M would be restored. Big request I know. I just kept praying and walking and asking God for some help today.

I am getting dressed for work and the last thing I put on are my wedding rings. I take them off at night. All of a sudden it hit me. Last night I had a dream about h wearing his ring again. It wasn't until I put mine on that I remembered the dream.

My body just started to shake and I was overwhelmed with tears of joy, sadness I don't know. God has spoke to me before in dreams and I pray and hope that he was speaking to me again last night.

I don't know am I delusional or could this be my sign I so desperately need right now?
S 9
D 7
M 12
T 17
H moved out 8/2006

Page 2 of 14 < 1 2 3 4 ... 13 14 >

Moderator:  Virginia 

Save Your Marriage! Schedule Online

Schedule a phone consultation with a Divorce Busting® Coach! Call: 800-664-2435 or 303-444-7004