NOTICE: In order to help the OnLine Community run more efficiently, we will be pruning the boards over the next few weeks. If there are any Topics or Posts you want to keep, please save them soon.
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 ... 13 14 >
Topic Options
#1528914 - 07/22/08 09:13 PM Letting God Take Control Part 14
plentyhope Offline

For when my previous thread locks.

Edited by plentyhope (07/22/08 09:15 PM)

#1534072 - 07/26/08 11:36 PM Re: Letting God Take Control Part 14 [Re: plentyhope]
plentyhope Offline

All, My previous thread finally locked after more than 200 posts ... \:\)
Here's the last post on that thread (by glamgirl):
Originally Posted By: glamgirl
This thread is exactly what I needed. PH I have been struggling lately with the house, kids, yardwork and I was trying to think how can I manage all of this.

Part for me is a motivation thing. I am not motivated and then I get my mind racing about why is this all my responsibility. Raising 3 children was never meant for one person.

I need to let that go, because it only brings hurt and anger to my heart.

I am going to check out that website that Dawn suggested. Another part of all of this is I enjoy my days off and the last thing I want to do is any kind of work.

Today I am going to do a little shopping, cleaning, laundry, and late afternoon h arrives and we are going to take the kids to the fair.

Hope he is in much better spirits than how he reacted on Wed. An apoplogy from him would be nice, but I know that won't happen.

What are your plans for the weekend?
Hey glam,
Glad you like the Fly Lady website. I think we are in the sam eplace, regarding keep the house clean, etc. Maybe we can encourage each other in that area as well??

I had a wonderful day today, even though I did miss my H. I went out with my support group lady friends. One of them has a lake house. It was so nice chatting, having 2 meals together and going on a 1-hour boat ride on the lake.

I am so tired now and will go and pray my nightly prayers.

How was the day with your H?

#1534842 - 07/27/08 10:14 PM Re: Letting God Take Control Part 14 [Re: plentyhope]
plentyhope Offline

Update: Well, I left my VM on Fri night, but my H never called back Sat or Sun. It seems weird to me that he called Fri night bu tdidn't follow through...

Edited by plentyhope (07/27/08 10:15 PM)

#1534947 - 07/27/08 11:39 PM Re: Letting God Take Control Part 14 [Re: plentyhope]
happynow Offline

Hi PH,

Just wanted to check on you! I hope you are doing well, it sounds like you had nice day.

#1534961 - 07/27/08 11:50 PM Re: Letting God Take Control Part 14 [Re: happynow]
plentyhope Offline

Hi nlt,
It was a nice day yesterday. Today, I have been getting chores done. I shined my sink, per FlyLady's suggestion.

I just found out that my H is moving tomorrow. I have been praying he'd move home instead of anywhere else. I guess it's not God's time yet for him to move home. I keep praying.

Still wondering why he called on Friday, whether it was good or bad. I should just stop being bothered by it.

Thanks for checking on me.

#1535024 - 07/28/08 01:08 AM Re: Letting God Take Control Part 14 [Re: plentyhope]
MidwesternGirl Offline

Loc: SW USA
PH:

Don't worry too much about it. If it was important he would have called back or left a message. How many times in the past have you called him only to find he did not answer his phone?

It will be okay.
H moves back: 03/08 & Out again: 04/08
H moves back: 05/09 & Out again: 07/09
Divorced 08-12
Kids: 22, 20, 19

#1535041 - 07/28/08 01:29 AM Re: Letting God Take Control Part 14 [Re: MidwesternGirl]
glamgirl Offline

How are you tonight PH. I wish your h would call you again. I am like you wondering what they called about.

H came over on Sat. He was in a bad mood. I was kinda feeling like oh I don't want to hang out with a grump.

I asked nicely if he wanted to take the kids to the fair on his own. He said you don't want to go. I said something like you seem like you have an issue with me. He said nothing.

We went to the fair and had a great time. H grabbed my hand and walked around the fairgrounds it was fun.

Later that evening after he left. He called and said thank you for inviting him to go to the fair. I think he had a great time too.

Today, he came over and was very tired, so he napped quite a bit. I tried talking with him about getting a few dogs. My h is not into that idea.

I cooked a nice dinner and afterwards we went to a nearby park and fed the ducks. It was a nice evening. It's just so hard still when he leaves.

Ever since Wed anger outburst h has not been very affectionate. Prior he couldn't keep his hands off me. Now a simple good night kiss. Nothing to write home about. I am sure this will change, but boy he is moody.

PH I am just going to focus on cleaning the house form top to bottom. I did start watering the grass and planted a few flowers out front of the house.
S 9
D 7
M 12
T 17
H moved out 8/2006
H moved home 1/2007 for 3 weeks
H moved home 5/2011 for good

"Learn from yesterday ~ Live for today ~ And hope for tomorrow"

#1535071 - 07/28/08 02:21 AM Re: Letting God Take Control Part 14 [Re: glamgirl]
sooners7xchamps Offline

Hey PH,

The only thing new for me is that I have sent my W a couple emails lately. I haven't received and feedback, but I am ok with that. In a strange way I think that is good thing, I think she may be reading them and just thinking. I sent them cause I am trying to fallow God and my heart.

PH, I hope that you will gather more strength from the Lord. Maybe his move will some how put him in the position and one step closer to moving home. Maybe God will teach him something with all of this. I hope you do get an answer on that phone call, keep praying maybe you will get a sign. We should all pray that God will grow our faith stronger, I think it helps with the tough times.

#1535136 - 07/28/08 07:12 AM Re: Letting God Take Control Part 14 [Re: MidwesternGirl]
plentyhope Offline

Originally Posted By: steelersfan
PH:

Don't worry too much about it. If it was important he would have called back or left a message. How many times in the past have you called him only to find he did not answer his phone?

It will be okay.
Steelers,
I think I know why he called. Last night, my stepson emailed saying that he's helping his dad move tomorrow. It's possible he called to tell me:
1) Despite reading Divorce Remedy, he's decided to still move to his parents.
OR
2) He called to have a positive R talk but changed his mind when I missed his call. He might have gotten mad at me thinking I purposely missed his calls to make him angry at me, and so changed his mind about moving home.
OR
3) He just wanted to spend Sat bringing the boys to visit.

Am I going nutty to think of these things?

Sooners, you were right about finding out ahy he called. At least now, I have some more hunches about why he called.

glam,
I am so glad you had a wonderful weekend with your H, despite not being affectionate. Give him time. He's probably still hurt.

#1535403 - 07/28/08 11:01 AM Re: Letting God Take Control Part 14 [Re: plentyhope]
glamgirl Offline

PH you have to forget about a move home at this time. Your h is not ready. I know how it hurts. I remember awhile back my h said he signed another 6 month lease. I was so hurt and angry at the same time. He even said I know you will be angry. I told him he could break the lease.

I am sure he knows that, but it's not what he wants to do, so after that conversation last year I just let it all go. He will need to decide when to come home. Now I still encourage him to come home, but no movement in that direction yet.

Just keep praying PH as to what God wants for your life. I will be praying for my h today, he has a job interview. I hope he gets this job. He needs that for his dignity and self esteem.
S 9
D 7
M 12
T 17
H moved out 8/2006
H moved home 1/2007 for 3 weeks
H moved home 5/2011 for good

"Learn from yesterday ~ Live for today ~ And hope for tomorrow"

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 ... 13 14 >

Moderator:  Virginia 

Save Your Marriage! Schedule Online

Schedule a phone consultation with a Divorce Busting® Coach! Call: 800-664-2435 or 303-444-7004