NOTICE: In order to help the OnLine Community run more efficiently, we will be pruning the boards over the next few weeks. If there are any Topics or Posts you want to keep, please save them soon.
Page 7 of 14 < 1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 13 14 >
Topic Options
#1543040 - 08/01/08 08:00 PM Re: Letting God Take Control Part 14 [Re: MidwesternGirl]
plentyhope Offline

Steelers,

I am glad he's OK. I wonder what he thought when he heard you getting upset. Hang in there. He will be here tomorrow and be nice to you. I wish I can say the same of my H.

#1543044 - 08/01/08 08:04 PM Re: Letting God Take Control Part 14 [Re: glamgirl]
plentyhope Offline

Originally Posted By: glamgirl
Wow, it sounds like the enemy was really on the attack this week. We will all just have to get busy and pray even more.

Steelers you are so right. It is so easy to give up that is why the D rate is so high. It's hard though when you are with someone that it seems like it is taking forever to come home.
glam,
Yes, it's hitting all of us. I am feeling beaten up too especially today. It seems my H is really going all out to avoid me now. I think he got upset with me for missing those calls last Fri. Haven't heard from him since. So I haven't had ANY kind of contact with him in 4.5 weeks - no calls, no email, nothing. It seems the Enemy is really working overtime this week.

I do feel pretty sad about all of this, of course. How can someone be so hard-hearted?

I wonder if the boys are avoiding me too now. I haven't heard from them since Sun. And I think they are leaving next weekend. I wonder if I get to see them at all.

#1543063 - 08/01/08 08:23 PM Re: Letting God Take Control Part 14 [Re: plentyhope]
glamgirl Offline

Ph we will need to keep praying for God to soften our h's hearts. I was pretty sad today too. My s6 wanted his dad today so I called him and s6 left a message, but I guess it's too much to ask for h to call us back and speak to his son.

This is the hardest part our kids are hurt by all of this. They just see it as dad doesn't want to spend time with me. This is the part h doesn't see either.

They can be very hard-hearted without God in thier life!
S 9
D 7
M 12
T 17
H moved out 8/2006
H moved home 1/2007 for 3 weeks
H moved home 5/2011 for good

"Learn from yesterday ~ Live for today ~ And hope for tomorrow"

#1543069 - 08/01/08 08:34 PM Re: Letting God Take Control Part 14 [Re: plentyhope]
sooners7xchamps Offline

Thanks PH, SF, & Glam

Don't feel like you are the only one that has been avoided. I saw my W for about a min Mon. she was checking mail and looking for hair trimmer. She said I'll talk to you later in a nice sincere way that sounded like it had intention of doing so, of course I didn't hold my breath, good thing I would have passed out. Wed. I just checked mail and left door half open, later heard a car and went to look, it was my W but as I glanced out the door she was already backing up and leaving, never got out. I don't think she was expecting me to be here probably noticed the door wasn't shut and left. I felt avoided and mad. I'm over it now but it doesn't seem right.

On a better note, after I paid rent I went into this little gas station for a drink and ran into this guy that said he was having a hard time. I said me too, which he replied "I hope it gets better". I said well its going to take a while, so I'm just praying. He said that is the best thing you can do, I am a praying man myself but then he ask if I was a listener. I said yes I try to listen a lot after pray. He said that he tries to listen all day. He said keep praying your prayers will be answered and sometimes that God sends someone to you to answer your prayers. He told me to keep praying. I never told him what my sitch was. He was encouraging. I fell like God sent him across my path today. Before I left the house I said a prayer with many deep thoughts but also prayed for a sign in that our marriage is being worked on and for something good to happen today. I think I got it!

#1543101 - 08/01/08 09:04 PM Re: Letting God Take Control Part 14 [Re: sooners7xchamps]
sooners7xchamps Offline

Thought I would share this: I have this Knock Out Rosebush and it has 11 buds on one stem and one rose already bloomed, there will be 12 roses in all on that stem, never seen that before. Kinda makes wanna put it in a vase to give to my W if I knew she would accept it from my heart to her heart. Wish she were around to experience these little joys of heaven.

#1543126 - 08/01/08 09:26 PM Re: Letting God Take Control Part 14 [Re: sooners7xchamps]
glamgirl Offline

Sooners there is a movie called Fireproof that is coming out in September. You should go see it. If you can get your w to join you even better. Do a google search and see if you can see the trailer. I was invited to see the premier so me and h have already seen it. Your flower idea reminded me of the movie.

I love how God sends people our way just when we need it most. I remember praying in church awhile back and just sobbing. A stranger in the church comforted me and we prayed for my m. I have been a bit embarrassed to return. I know I shouldn't but I don't really like that kind of attention.

You are doing well, just keep praying and this stranger is right we need to be listening too.
S 9
D 7
M 12
T 17
H moved out 8/2006

#1543159 - 08/01/08 10:08 PM Re: Letting God Take Control Part 14 [Re: glamgirl]
plentyhope Offline

All,
Help!!! Before I reply all your posts, I need your opinion quick!

My stepson just emailed me asking me if they can see me tomorrow morning at 9am and that their Dad said they might not get another chance to see me again. He siad if he doesn't get a response, they'd probably call me. Not sure why my H couldn't have emailed or called me... Was he avoiding me or was he thinking that I was avoiding him? Don't know what "might not get another chance to see you" that means. Whether no other chance this trip or ever again???

But I can't see them at 9am tomorrow because I have appointments from 8am until 4:30pm!!!

#1543183 - 08/01/08 10:50 PM Re: Letting God Take Control Part 14 [Re: plentyhope]
glamgirl Offline

PH can you cancel the appts or can you say I can meet you at 5pm or whatever time works for you. I am sure since you didn't answer he wasn't sure if he should call back.

Might not get to see you sounds like it means boys are leaving soon and then they won't be back for awhile. Don't think so extreme.

I would call your h and discuss times for tomorrow. See they are thinking of you PH.
S 9
D 7
M 12
T 17
H moved out 8/2006

#1543184 - 08/01/08 10:51 PM Re: Letting God Take Control Part 14 [Re: plentyhope]
SUMMER Offline

PH,

I'd e/m and say how much you want to see them -- and ask if there is possibly any other time when you might see them.

If you absolutely cannot change your appointment that conflicts with the 9 AM time -- then explain that.

BUT if it would be possible to switch and/or cancel the conflicting appointment or appointments -- if it were me...I would.

It is difficult to say why this is the "only" time they say they can see you -- or what your H means by "they might not get another chance to see me again." But, I agree that the wording does potentially sound ominous.

I don't know what your appointments are that fill the whole day tomorrow -- but for me, family always comes first.

You could certainly say that a family situation has arisen that needs to be attended to ASAP.

And that isn't stretching the truth too much. This is very important to you -- and if this truly is the one and only time for you to see them -- no matter what the reason -- then I personally think it takes precedence over almost anything else.

Good luck!

#1543221 - 08/01/08 11:30 PM Re: Letting God Take Control Part 14 [Re: glamgirl]
plentyhope Offline

glam,
My stepson called me a few minutes after the email, on his phone. I guess my H made him call. SS#1 didn't know I replied the email.

He repeated the email contents to me and I asked if he emant that I would never see them again. He said "No, just this trip".

I mentioned the appointments that I could cancel one of them but not all of them. Anyway, he then tried to go between my H and me, then I asked SS if Dad didn't want to talk to me. He said "No" then handed the phone over.

My H told me not to cancel the appointments because he had Mon/Wed off. So I said I couldn't take time off work due to busy sechedule. He said he meant in the evening. So I said that Mon was our dog's swimming so maybe we can do that? He thought that would be fun. I said "maybe we can get dinner befor ethat". He said "Sounds like a good plan". He told me to email them the details, ie time etc. He didn't linger to talk.

Page 7 of 14 < 1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 13 14 >

Moderator:  Virginia 

Save Your Marriage! Schedule Online

Schedule a phone consultation with a Divorce Busting® Coach! Call: 800-664-2435 or 303-444-7004