NOTICE: In order to help the OnLine Community run more efficiently, we will be pruning the boards over the next few weeks. If there are any Topics or Posts you want to keep, please save them soon.
Page 8 of 14 < 1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 13 14 >
Topic Options
#1543224 - 08/01/08 11:35 PM Re: Letting God Take Control Part 14 [Re: SUMMER]
plentyhope Offline

Summer,
Thanks for your input. I was torn between being too available (and being a bad thing) and changing my schedule. 2 of my 4 appointments were health-related. 1 of those is a weekly thing that I need for my cleansing diet program, a must. The other was a hard-to-get appointment with the chiropractor. I could have cancelled one and told him so but he didn't want me to cancel them.

I agree that family comes first. He's delayed the meeting until now and didn't work around my schedule. And since I have been always available t him, I wasn't sure if it actually hurt things more by continuing to be v=available - he thinks I am waiting for him and not "getting a life".

My SS said this "only time" is for this trip.

#1543225 - 08/01/08 11:41 PM Re: Letting God Take Control Part 14 [Re: plentyhope]
SUMMER Offline

Phew!

Glad that it worked out!!

#1543229 - 08/01/08 11:48 PM Re: Letting God Take Control Part 14 [Re: SUMMER]
plentyhope Offline

Summer,
Yes, it was a close call. Do you think I did fine by not cancelling my appointments? I did offer to cancel one of them, though.

He is now living at his parents so he probably didn't want to talk either much. I don't get him anymore. I have been wondering if he's been planning on getting a OW or if he already has obe but won't tell me.

Summer, it's been so hard this week. Tonight, I thought I was going into depression from all this stress and job stress.

I guess God also heard my cry for help. By the time I got home, I got this feeling that my H was not going to call me, and I prayed asking God to guide me etc. And God delievred - through my SS's email! Like you say, God sent me an angel.

#1543231 - 08/01/08 11:55 PM Re: Letting God Take Control Part 14 [Re: plentyhope]
happynow Offline

PH,

Thank you for the happy birthday wish!

Whew! I just read what happened, no wonder you are depressed & all stressed out!!

It has been a really rough week for all of us on here, hasn't it? What's up???

I didn't hear from my H today, but again I really didn't expect to. I haven't heard from him since he got his things in April, other than wanting his remote for DVD & his part of the stimlus check. Today was very hard he always treated me so special for my b'day.

You try to relax now & I hope everything goes well with your dinner next week.

((((HUGS))))

#1543235 - 08/02/08 12:00 AM Re: Letting God Take Control Part 14 [Re: happynow]
plentyhope Offline

nlt,

You're welcome. I hope you still enjoyed your day despite no contact with your H.

I read your post about your BIL contacting you about your H's bed. How weird he did that around your BD! I do wonder if it had anything to do with you H. I wonder if your H had mentioned to him it was your BD and hoped that you were going to be OK. It could be that BIL took it upon himself to check on you. Thank God for the angel he sent you.

Thanks for the wish for dinner next week. I need to really pray about it between now and then.

I hope you have a good rest-of-your-BD. Celebrate you!
(((nlt)))

#1543243 - 08/02/08 12:07 AM Re: Letting God Take Control Part 14 [Re: plentyhope]
glamgirl Offline

PH glad it all worked out. This is good you didn't cancel appts. If they had said only day is sat then you could have considered this option.

Just pray for h's heart to be softened towards you. I am so glad God brought you a sign today. How fun! You have a nice evening to look forward to with h and sons.

You will be just fine PH.
S 9
D 7
M 12
T 17
H moved out 8/2006
H moved home 1/2007 for 3 weeks
H moved home 5/2011 for good

"Learn from yesterday ~ Live for today ~ And hope for tomorrow"

#1543250 - 08/02/08 12:19 AM Re: Letting God Take Control Part 14 [Re: plentyhope]
happynow Offline

PH,

I did have a pretty good day. I was in church all day & it was nice. They all sang happy birthday to me.

I still miss my H so bad!!! I had hoped I would hear but I really didn't expect to. I hope he thought about me tho.

I'm not sure what that call was all about with BIL, I hope they were checking on me. My BIL had a dog that had kidney failure & they had to put her down, well I didn't say anything about my dog having kidney failure too & he didn't either. Normally he would have asked how they were. Maybe he was avoiding it b/c he didn't want me to figure out H wanted to know. I didn't even mention my dogs so if he was going to find out anything he was going to have to ask. I hope H was trying to check on me thru BIL but I'm just not sure.

We all have to just keep praying.

((((HUGS))))

#1543251 - 08/02/08 12:20 AM Re: Letting God Take Control Part 14 [Re: glamgirl]
plentyhope Offline

Originally Posted By: glamgirl
PH glad it all worked out. This is good you didn't cancel appts. If they had said only day is sat then you could have considered this option.

Just pray for h's heart to be softened towards you. I am so glad God brought you a sign today. How fun! You have a nice evening to look forward to with h and sons.

You will be just fine PH.
glam,
Thnaks for the wish. I will pray. Need your opinion - there isn't alot of time for dinner - only about an hour. So I am thinking of either cooking something or getting some takeout. I don't know if there is enough time to take them to their favorite restaurant, although it will be on the way to the place we're taking the dog to. Have to pray about that too.

#1543257 - 08/02/08 12:26 AM Re: Letting God Take Control Part 14 [Re: plentyhope]
MidwesternGirl Offline

Loc: SW USA
Go for the takeout--I vote Chinese.
H moves back: 03/08 & Out again: 04/08
H moves back: 05/09 & Out again: 07/09
Divorced 08-12
Kids: 22, 20, 19

#1543259 - 08/02/08 12:26 AM Re: Letting God Take Control Part 14 [Re: plentyhope]
glamgirl Offline

You will want to have dinner where h will be most comfortable. If that is at your place then make a dinner. If you think that might be an issue then go out for quick serve. Make sure it's something the boys like so h knows you were thinking of them when picking a place.

Could you get reservations to their favorite place? How exciting! Yes pray and see if anything comes to you!
S 9
D 7
M 12
T 17
H moved out 8/2006
H moved home 1/2007 for 3 weeks
H moved home 5/2011 for good

"Learn from yesterday ~ Live for today ~ And hope for tomorrow"

Page 8 of 14 < 1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 13 14 >

Moderator:  Virginia 

Save Your Marriage! Schedule Online

Schedule a phone consultation with a Divorce Busting® Coach! Call: 800-664-2435 or 303-444-7004