Get help from a Divorce Busting® Telephone Coach TODAY! We specialize in helping you get your marriage back on track, even when your spouse has one foot out the door. Don't be discouraged. We can help.
303-444-7004
or 800-664-2435
Page 3 of 14 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 13 14 >
Topic Options
#1535825 - 07/28/08 03:35 PM Re: Letting God Take Control Part 14 [Re: glamgirl]
plentyhope Offline

Originally Posted By: glamgirl
Ok so I went to the gym and was praying that God would send me a sign that my M would be restored. Big request I know. I just kept praying and walking and asking God for some help today.

I am getting dressed for work and the last thing I put on are my wedding rings. I take them off at night. All of a sudden it hit me. Last night I had a dream about h wearing his ring again. It wasn't until I put mine on that I remembered the dream.

My body just started to shake and I was overwhelmed with tears of joy, sadness I don't know. God has spoke to me before in dreams and I pray and hope that he was speaking to me again last night.

I don't know am I delusional or could this be my sign I so desperately need right now?
glam,
I think it's a sign. It might be God winking at you and encouraging you in your stand for your M. It's awesome! The fact that your body shook when you remembered the dream is significant, I think. The dream really spoke to your body.

Keep up the praying. Maybe God is telling you to keep up the praying.

#1535833 - 07/28/08 03:38 PM Re: Letting God Take Control Part 14 [Re: glamgirl]
sleeper Offline

Loc: The Great State of Confusion
Wow glamgirl, I don't know.

It's hard to say. Some might say it's an indication of an inner desire (and outer too), but you were asking for a sign.

One thing I do know is that you post has reminded me of dreams I had just post bomb that reconcilliation would happen. Then there was one time I was praying but unaware I was mumbling softly aloud and my D (then 7) said, "God says you're gonna get your wife back, Dad."

Thanks for triggering those memories. I needed that today.

Lately I've pondered how long some in the bible waited for God's promises to be fulfilled and then I feel ashamed and wonder if I have that kind of long suffering in me.

Edited by sleeper (07/28/08 03:39 PM)
Separated 01/02/07
Divorced 05/13/08
X married OM(OMH) 08/2009
Married 06/09/13

#1535836 - 07/28/08 03:40 PM Re: Letting God Take Control Part 14 [Re: plentyhope]
glamgirl Offline

Thanks PH. I awoke very early in the morning with my alarm and remembered the dream but went back to sleep for hours and when I awoke the next time had completely forgotten about that dream until I think God reminded me.

It also could be a reminder to keep praying and more often. I was praying constantly when all this happened. Now I still pray but I think God wants me to draw near as well.

I always feel safe and secure when I go to him with my burdens.
S 9
D 7
M 12
T 17
H moved out 8/2006
H moved home 1/2007 for 3 weeks
H moved home 5/2011 for good

"Learn from yesterday ~ Live for today ~ And hope for tomorrow"

#1535840 - 07/28/08 03:43 PM Re: Letting God Take Control Part 14 [Re: glamgirl]
glamgirl Offline

Yes sleeper, sometimes we just need to wait it out. I remember when h and I were desperately trying to have children and nothing was working.

I was praying heavily. I had a dream, I think from God too it was a man and a woman in bed and the woman was pg. I took that as h and I needed to keep trying and within a year I was pg.

I have to thank God for all that I have in my life today.

Keep praying Sleeper and see what God might answer.
S 9
D 7
M 12
T 17
H moved out 8/2006
H moved home 1/2007 for 3 weeks
H moved home 5/2011 for good

"Learn from yesterday ~ Live for today ~ And hope for tomorrow"

#1535870 - 07/28/08 03:57 PM Re: Letting God Take Control Part 14 [Re: glamgirl]
plentyhope Offline

I awoke very early in the morning with my alarm and remembered the dream but went back to sleep for hours and when I awoke the next time had completely forgotten about that dream until I think God reminded me.

It also could be a reminder to keep praying and more often. I was praying constantly when all this happened. Now I still pray but I think God wants me to draw near as well.

I always feel safe and secure when I go to him with my burdens.
glam,
Yes, your story here reminds me of reading a newsletter the other day saying that sometimes when we ask God for a sign, He just tells us that He has already given us signs.

SUre, I am sure God wants us near to Him, and He is the best place for us to lean on as He is the most capable of helping us.

#1535874 - 07/28/08 04:00 PM Re: Letting God Take Control Part 14 [Re: glamgirl]
sooners7xchamps Offline

Hi PH and others,

Well I haven't seen or spoken to my W in a week. I am still praying. I have learned that the 3 strongest things you can do in your stand is to Tithe to your church, Fast, and pray, pray, pray. I have been Tithing, increasing my amount each week and things seem to come my way. Right now I am very hungry, but refuse to eat for I am fasting until midnight. May drink a little water, but that's it until then. I will continue to pray and I hope that the Lord will send me a sign.

#1535878 - 07/28/08 04:02 PM Re: Letting God Take Control Part 14 [Re: sleeper]
plentyhope Offline

Quote:
It's hard to say. Some might say it's an indication of an inner desire (and outer too), but you were asking for a sign.

One thing I do know is that you post has reminded me of dreams I had just post bomb that reconcilliation would happen. Then there was one time I was praying but unaware I was mumbling softly aloud and my D (then 7) said, "God says you're gonna get your wife back, Dad."
Sleeper,
I have had people tell me that the dream I had was God showing me my heart's desire, not a sign from Him. But then I have had that desire from Day 1 so why would I dream that night after I prayed that day for a sign, instead of all along the 2 years? I do believe God sometimes speak to us through dreams. He did with Joseph (Jesus' earthly father).

And it's neat that your daughter "passed on God's message" to you. It's amazing..

#1535883 - 07/28/08 04:03 PM Re: Letting God Take Control Part 14 [Re: glamgirl]
plentyhope Offline

Yes sleeper, sometimes we just need to wait it out. I remember when h and I were desperately trying to have children and nothing was working.

I was praying heavily. I had a dream, I think from God too it was a man and a woman in bed and the woman was pg. I took that as h and I needed to keep trying and within a year I was pg.

I have to thank God for all that I have in my life today.

Keep praying Sleeper and see what God might answer.
glam,
How awesome a dream and it came true!

#1535885 - 07/28/08 04:04 PM Re: Letting God Take Control Part 14 [Re: sooners7xchamps]
plentyhope Offline

Originally Posted By: sooners7xchamps
Hi PH and others,

Well I haven't seen or spoken to my W in a week. I am still praying. I have learned that the 3 strongest things you can do in your stand is to Tithe to your church, Fast, and pray, pray, pray. I have been Tithing, increasing my amount each week and things seem to come my way. Right now I am very hungry, but refuse to eat for I am fasting until midnight. May drink a little water, but that's it until then. I will continue to pray and I hope that the Lord will send me a sign.
Hey sooners,
It's great that you are fasting, and praying and tithing. Good for you! Also remember that everything does happen in God's timing.

#1535936 - 07/28/08 04:33 PM Re: Letting God Take Control Part 14 [Re: plentyhope]
sleeper Offline

Loc: The Great State of Confusion
Yes, God's timing.......

Sometimes when I'm wondering or praying why we aren't reconcilled I am struck by the thought or answer that maybe I'm not ready yet. In other words there are things about myself yet to be improved.

And it's also possible that they're not ready. I know a year ago I would have taken her back but probably wouldn't have been happy living with her.
Separated 01/02/07
Divorced 05/13/08
X married OM(OMH) 08/2009
Married 06/09/13

Page 3 of 14 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 13 14 >

Moderator:  Virginia 

Save Your Marriage! Schedule Online

Schedule a phone consultation with a Divorce Busting® Coach! Call: 800-664-2435 or 303-444-7004