NOTICE: In order to help the OnLine Community run more efficiently, we will be pruning the boards over the next few weeks. If there are any Topics or Posts you want to keep, please save them soon.
Page 18 of 18 < 1 2 ... 16 17 18
Topic Options
#1546621 - 08/05/08 12:38 PM Re: Rough Year Continues - 3 [Re: TwinDad]
1hope Offline

Loc: Mid-West
I guess we are both grateful for the little things. I can tell you that once I would have fought with him to try and get him to help with "his fair share."

Now I am happy to spend time together without stress and fighting. The housework seems to get done, and I admit that I do 95% of it.

I have changed my perspective on it. I'm thankful that I am alive and feel well enought to do it. The more that I get up and move around the more energy that I have. It makes me feel stronger and more healthy every day.

When I sit down, I ususally fall asleep.

My first link

#1546706 - 08/05/08 01:15 PM Re: Rough Year Continues - 3 [Re: 1hope]
TwinDad Offline

Have a good night tonight
2 Kids B/G 3 YRS Old
Start of the Long and Bumpy Road.....
On the verge of piecing.....a new beginning

#1546800 - 08/05/08 01:59 PM Re: Rough Year Continues - 3 [Re: TwinDad]
1hope Offline

I will, you too.

Tonight is H's golf night. Most of the W's are going over to a "Girlfriends Gold Party / Swim Party. Nothing to buy, just bring your unwanted or broken gold jewelry and the jeweler will give you cash on the spot.

I have a lot of old stuff at home and am looking forward to this. It should be fun for a number of reasons. First is the fact that it is in the 90's and humid today. Second is that I have a new watch picked out at a jewlery shop downtown and will cash in my old gold to get myself a little "birthday gift".

Lastly, the girl that is having the party is the ExW of the now 3x D'd buddy that has been raising havoc with my M.

When they were married they were a very strong part of our couples group, and then the H began to fool around with a single lady that sometimes hung out with us.

None of us liked what was going on, but guess what? The W divorced the "buddy" and later remarried. She lives in the same town, but the buddy has discouraged any of his friends from having anythig to do with his ExW and her new H.

Little by little the other couples have begun to dislike the buddy's girlfriend, and have started doing social things with the ExW (and new H) again.

They golf together on a couples league, and last week they all went back to ExW's new house for a bbq and swim. Of course it got back to the buddy, and he told a couple of the guys that "he didn't appreciated it." Well, he was the one that was cheating, and this isn't 3rd grade....I won't be friends with you if you're friends with her etc. What a hoot!

This will be fun. I have not seen the ExW since I became sick, and all of the golf league W's will be there, but probably not the cheating girlfriend....since she is the one that broke up the hostess's marriage.

I love it when what goes around bad comes around good!

The invitation has been on our fridge for 2 wks, and my H knows that I am going.

If I can get enough cash for my old gold I will be able to buy my watch and H a birthday gift next month. \:\)

My first link

#1547691 - 08/06/08 07:35 AM Re: Rough Year Continues - 3 [Re: 1hope]
TwinDad Offline

Hope,

Sounds like a pretty fun evening.....hope it goes well for you.

I am sorry to say I don't think I will ever be able to visit your town.......I don't play golf.....lol Girl, It seems like playing golf is a prerequisite for living in that small town. THat is great though even if it is something I could never really get into. Tried it a little bit in college, but then I didn't have the money and patience, plus I was horrible. I couldn't afford to lose a ball a hole....got very expensive....lol
2 Kids B/G 3 YRS Old
Start of the Long and Bumpy Road.....
On the verge of piecing.....a new beginning

#1547956 - 08/06/08 11:12 AM Re: Rough Year Continues - 3 [Re: TwinDad]
1hope Offline

Morning TD,

It was a fun evening, and I made enough $$ from my old gold to pay for the new watch that I wanted. Not enough for H's b'day gift thought. Oh well, still have more than a month to think about that anyway.

You don't have to golf to live in our town, but almost everyone does. We are surrounded by nice golf courses and that makes it easier.

I'm not very good myself, but this year have made up my mind to get better. When you aren't a power hitter, like I am not, you don't lose a lot of balls, except to maybe water hazards.

I will be out of my office this afternoon for some offsite "training".

Hope your evening went well and you got the rest of your applicances in.

I'll talk to you tomorrow.

My first link

Page 18 of 18 < 1 2 ... 16 17 18

Moderator:  Virginia 

Save Your Marriage! Schedule Online

Schedule a phone consultation with a Divorce Busting® Coach! Call: 800-664-2435 or 303-444-7004