Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 13 14
S
OP Offline
S
Another thread locked!

Here is an explanation of my new thread title--

Between the Devil and the Deep wooden ships, the "devil" was the longest seam of the ship. It ran from the bow to the stern. When at sea and the "devil" had to be caulked, the sailor sat in a bo'sun's chair to do so. He wIn as suspended between the "devil" and the sea -- the "deep -- a very precarious position, especially when the ship was underway.

Somedays, that is exactly how I feel--like I am working in a very precarious position. Luckily, I have my Heavenly Father to turn to and all of you guys as well. I know I need to tell you about Saturday's visitation, but I have GOT to finish this one paper today. Unfortunately, it is on Child Custody and Support negotiation, so I am not feeling too motivated to work on it. {SIGH}

Let me get back to it and I will be back on ths evening to post about visitation Saturday. Maybe something interesting will happen tonight, too. Who knows--anything is possible.

SMW

M40/H36
T16/M14
B2/08
S4/08
current

Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through
every circumstance.
I Corinthians 13:7

S
S
yes, anything IS possible.

sorry you have to write about a subject that hits to close to home.

hey, just curious. what are you going to school for? what type or lawyer/atty are you wanting to be, or are you planning something diff. Just curious, for some reason I had imagined you dealing with customers that were about D issues or something of the sort, and you utilized what God taught you to help save their M. \:\) that would be cool.

Me 33 H 34 S9 S3
M 6 yrs (2gether 11 yrs)
EA/PA 1/2006
DB 5/2006
H wants D 6/2006
H wants ME 8/2006
H "said" PA/EA over 8/2006
H erased OW off phone! 2/2007

"It is far better 2 choose humility & change oneself, than 2 wait in vain trying 2 chang someone else."
S
S
If you check my new thread I have an email I posted there regarding a forgiveness cd. I'm telling all my friends here about it.

http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubb...rue#Post1501328

Me 33 H 34 S9 S3
M 6 yrs (2gether 11 yrs)
EA/PA 1/2006
DB 5/2006
H wants D 6/2006
H wants ME 8/2006

"It is far better 2 choose humility & change oneself, than 2 wait in vain trying 2 chang someone else."
S
S
Hi, ((((((((SMW)))))))).

Sorry, long time no write \:\)

I found a beautiful poem today and thought of you:

Ships sail east and ships sail west
While the self same breezes blow:
It's the set of the sails and not the gales
That determines the way they go.

Like the winds of the sea is the way of fate
As we journey along through life.
It's the set of the soul that determines the goal
And not the calm or the strife.

How are you today, SMW?

I ask not for a lighter burden, but for broader shoulders
M/T 23
Bomb #1 (ILYBNILWY) 12.06
Bomb #2 (OW) 12.07
Bomb #3 (chose OW over M) 9.08
K
K
Sorry I am not around as much. I did enjoy the breakfast you very kindly offered...

Yes, how are you today?
K

Me&H:42
S11&D10
Bomb 5/2007-Sep 11/2007
Reconc.November 2009
S
OP Offline
S
Stella--

The poem is beautiful, thank you for it.

I had some panic here last night and just could not post until I knew more. There was a suicide aboard H's ship and the ship was locked down for communication. Prior to that, though, the kids had been trying to call H and he was not returning their phone calls.

I know more details and obviously would have been informed by now, either way, so I know that it is not my H. I knew last night, though, that it was not when I went to bed. During my prayer time, I prayed for this poor lost young man that felt he had no other solutions. I then prayed for my H to know that his life is not hopeless, that his family loves him and want him to come home. I prayed the God would continue to work miracles in my H's heart and mind.

I will be back in later--I have some things that HAVE to betaken care of this morning.

SMW

M40/H36
T16/M14
B2/08
S4/08
current

every circumstance.

S
S
wow. that is always a shock when someone takes their own life. What's even more sad is that these people usually fail to realize how selfish that act really is.

I am glad though that it was not your H. I know however that God has other plans for you and your H, and they are good plans. Plans that will glorify him.

Me 33 H 34 S9 S3
M 6 yrs (2gether 11 yrs)
EA/PA 1/2006
DB 5/2006
H wants D 6/2006
H wants ME 8/2006

S
S
((((((SMW))))),

I'm so sorry. I can imagine, how frightened you must have been the other night!

Thank you for your 2x4s today, much appreciated :).

I ask not for a lighter burden, but for broader shoulders
M/T 23
Bomb #1 (ILYBNILWY) 12.06
Bomb #2 (OW) 12.07
Bomb #3 (chose OW over M) 9.08
S
OP Offline
S
Update--

Saturday Visitation--

H got here right on time. He had promised the kids on Wednesday that he would put up their pool when he got here Saturday. The smoke from the wildfires was really bad and H and I were concerned that the kids would not be able to use it once it was set up.

When he walked in, I was finishing eating my breakfast---the kids were already done and dressed. I, D16, and one of her friends were planning to go run some errands. H was trying to figure out how he was going t oget the things he needed from the hardware store (plywood and 2x4s) and take the three little kids with him. He never once asked to use my Durango and I did not offer it.

The girls and I left and did the errands I had to do. I dropped the girls off at another friend's house and headed home by myself around 1:30. When I got there, D8 was in the house, D5 and S2 were out back with Daddy.

Our pool is one of those soft set ones--you blow up the top ring and it sets itself while it fills. While they are a great idea, your yard has to be incredibly level in order for them to set right. If not, you have to dig up the yard and level it. H came up with a better idea. He built a platform out of plywwood and 2x4s. His theory was that the plywood would give where needed under the weight of the pool to keep things level. It worked perfectly! I must have told him 4 or 5 times what a great idea it was and how well it worked out.

Anyway, when I walked out back, he was finishing building the platform. H said "oh Good, you are back. Can you give me a hand putting the pool on the platform, I don't want to drag it and tear it." I said sure and helped him with that. While we were straightening it out, I suggested grilling hamburgers and hot dogs for dinner with chips and baked beans to go with them. H said tha sounded good and he would take care of doing the grilling, but did I mind getting everything else together (fixing,s beans, etc) so he could stay out and keep an eye on the pool while it was filling. I told him no, no problem I would take care of that stuff.

As I was heading into the house, S2 was asking for something to eat. H asked what time it was and I said around 2. He came in the house behind me and went into the kitchen to get the kids some lunch. While he was making them sandwiches, he asked if I wanted one, too. I thanked him but said no, I was fine. He took the kids their lunch outside, then came back up to make himself a sandwich. He sat at the table with it and started talking to me across the room, jsut chit chat about nothing in particular--telling me abut work and why he was not at the briefing last week. Asked if there were a lot of handouts from it, etc. While he was talking, I walked into the dining room and sat down so we weere not talking across two rooms.

In the midst of talking, he mentions that i know his shop supervisor. it is a guy I met online a couple years ago on one of the military forums. We have an annual ritual of waiting out the chief results on one of the forums and we all talk about our spouse's (or the servicemember themselves) chances of making chief, their evals, their jobs, the stress, past duty assignments, everything. His current chief is someone I had chatted with and he just made chief last year. He recognized our last name immediately and asked H if I was his wife. H said yes and Chief told him to tell me Hi and he hoped to meet me in real life soon. Apparently, H is not bandying it around that we are not even living together right now. I know from past conversations tht Chief thinks highly of me and the way I support my husband. This sea time could get really interesting, as I now know three people who regularly work with my husband. Two of them know what is going on and are both wanting to "talk some sense into him." Both have held back because I told them that it is not right for them to interfere. I do not know how much longer the one will, though.

Anyway, H finished eating, cleaned up the kitchen from making their lunches, and headed back out to the pool. Came in again after a few minutes and asked if it was okay to leave the kids while he ran to the store to get chlorine and pool shock. The little kids were in the ankle deep pool playing already. I told him sure, and I went out back while he left. While he was gone, I pulled out the things I had picked up when I was running my errands--water wings for the little kids, a pack of water guns, and splash bombs for the pool. The kids started filling the guns and shooting each other.

H came back and I got back to work on some school things. I popped outside every now and again to have a cigarette and see how the pool was progressing. H was chatty every time I did, but not about anything in particular. Around 5, he came in to tell me he was startign the charcoal, in case I needed to know for any of the side stuff. I already had everythign prepped, jsut needed to turn on the beans. However, this was something I used to complain about--he never gave me any warning to start the other stuff when we would grill.

This is getting long and I need to head to the preschool to get D5, I will post the rest of Saturday after lunch.

SMW

M40/H36
T16/M14
B2/08
S4/08
current

every circumstance.

K
K
Hi SMW,
you sound so strong! You "report" and sound detached, in control. I can only imagine how hard is to be the wife of a man being in the army. Having 4 kids, studying? It shows the srtength you have and how you are able to handle everything.
Take care hon,
K

Me&H:42
S11&D10
Bomb 5/2007-Sep 11/2007
Reconc.November 2009
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 13 14

Moderated by  Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard