NOTICE: In order to help the OnLine Community run more efficiently, we will be pruning the boards over the next few weeks. If there are any Topics or Posts you want to keep, please save them soon.
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... 10 11 >
Topic Options
#1485077 - 06/17/08 11:29 PM Man the Rails and Give No Quarter
StrgMarvelousWmn Offline

Loc: Virginia
Just got home to find my thread has been locked!! Only 9 pages, too. Sheesh! Who do you have to suck up to around her to get the big threads like Kalni. Must not be exuding enough sunshine on my threads or something.

I can't believe I am on my fourth thread. All are listed below. I spent part of this evening with one of my and H's oldest friends--he was in our wedding party and he knew H when we were first engaged and H was stationed in Iceland. His advice---drop the rope and let H hang himself with it. Friend says H will have to do that in order to realize what his decisions are REALLY costing him. Friend is also of the mind that H will want to come home after cruise, if I still want him back. They will be on deployment together. It was our conversation that gave me the idea for my thread title!

I know I still owe an update on yesterday's visitation, but it is honestly going to have to wait until tomorrow morning.

I did enjoy my GAL at sorority this evening. We went out to dinner and I had a man offer to buy me a drink, which had my sorority sisters in hysterics. One of them is friend's wife and she told him as soon as we got back to their place. He is trying to figure out how to tell H. Too funny!

Anyway, I am going to cruise everyone's threads to see what happened while I was away.

SMW
B2/08
S4/08
current

Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through
every circumstance.
I Corinthians 13:7

#1485259 - 06/18/08 05:35 AM Re: Man the Rails and Give No Quarter [Re: StrgMarvelousWmn]
gForce Offline

Loc: Bangor, Maine
Don't know why, but I had a tough time finding the new thread. I guess I could have just used the link from your sig. But that's me - making things more complicated than necessary.

Good morning! Enjoy the new day!
July 08: Busted!
Thread

#1485276 - 06/18/08 06:18 AM Re: Man the Rails and Give No Quarter [Re: StrgMarvelousWmn]
ernest88 Offline

Originally Posted By: sadmilitarywife
Just got home to find my thread has been locked!! Only 9 pages, too. Sheesh! Who do you have to suck up to around her to get the big threads like Kalni. Must not be exuding enough sunshine on my threads or something.

I can't believe I am on my fourth thread. All are listed below. I spent part of this evening with one of my and H's oldest friends--he was in our wedding party and he knew H when we were first engaged and H was stationed in Iceland. His advice---drop the rope and let H hang himself with it. Friend says H will have to do that in order to realize what his decisions are REALLY costing him. Friend is also of the mind that H will want to come home after cruise, if I still want him back. They will be on deployment together. It was our conversation that gave me the idea for my thread title!

I know I still owe an update on yesterday's visitation, but it is honestly going to have to wait until tomorrow morning.

I did enjoy my GAL at sorority this evening. We went out to dinner and I had a man offer to buy me a drink, which had my sorority sisters in hysterics. One of them is friend's wife and she told him as soon as we got back to their place. He is trying to figure out how to tell H. Too funny!

Anyway, I am going to cruise everyone's threads to see what happened while I was away.

SMW

Dropping the rope is key I think and hard to do.

Hang in there.

#1485597 - 06/18/08 12:40 PM Re: Man the Rails and Give No Quarter [Re: ernest88]
StrgMarvelousWmn Offline

Alright, so my slack butt has not been in here with you guys, but I have honestly been up and going since 8 this morning. Now, I have to go get D5 from summer camp and clean my garage while it is still nice out and not raining yet.

I will be in later this afternoon or this evening after church to play with you guys.

SMW
B2/08
S4/08
current

every circumstance.

#1486572 - 06/18/08 10:42 PM Re: Man the Rails and Give No Quarter [Re: StrgMarvelousWmn]
StrgMarvelousWmn Offline

I know people are waiting for me to post about visitation on Monday--and I also owe for visitation today--and some of my rope dropping. But to be honest, right now I just do not feel like it. It is not that anything bad happened, and I am pretty sure Ihandled things really well, just that I do not feel like talking about it right now. Bear with me!

SMW
B2/08
S4/08
current

every circumstance.

#1486597 - 06/18/08 11:08 PM Re: Man the Rails and Give No Quarter [Re: StrgMarvelousWmn]
john210 Offline

SMW,

Take all the time you need....when you do decide to post, there will be many folks here to listen and perhaps offer some words of encouragement or God forbid....offer some advice.

J

#1486603 - 06/18/08 11:14 PM Re: Man the Rails and Give No Quarter [Re: john210]
StrgMarvelousWmn Offline

LOL about the advice comment. I will post some of it tomorrow or the next day, but for now I am just distancing myself from even thinking or talking about it for a couple days.

have a bruise on my wrist from thought stopping with a rubber band, but I am not popping it nearly as much as I was yesterday!

I think for tonight and tomorrow I am going to be here for everyone else.

SMW
B2/08
S4/08
current

every circumstance.

#1486802 - 06/19/08 05:12 AM Re: Man the Rails and Give No Quarter [Re: StrgMarvelousWmn]
gForce Offline

Whenever you are ready, we're here.
Thread

#1487047 - 06/19/08 11:16 AM Re: Man the Rails and Give No Quarter [Re: gForce]
StrgMarvelousWmn Offline

Well, I got up this morning, made breakfast and decided that it was too expensive to drive the SUV to the store to buy gas for the lawn equipment. So, I talked D8 into riding bikes with me and we rode to the gas station, filled the one gallon can, grabbed drinks, and rode back. It is about 2 miles round trip. the thing is, I have not really rode a bike in like I don't know---18 years!!! I had bought the bikes two years ago so we could do that together as a family.

The best part was, D8 could not keep up with me. I am sure I will pay for it later, but for now I am going out to do the yard.

SMW

Edited by sadmilitarywife (06/19/08 11:17 AM)
B2/08
S4/08
current

every circumstance.

#1487932 - 06/19/08 07:36 PM Re: Man the Rails and Give No Quarter [Re: StrgMarvelousWmn]
gForce Offline

Sounds like a great decision and a great time. Little things like that make lasting memories with your kids. Cherish them. You are an awesome mom.
Thread

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... 10 11 >

Moderator:  Virginia 

Save Your Marriage! Schedule Online

Schedule a phone consultation with a Divorce Busting® Coach! Call: 800-664-2435 or 303-444-7004