Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
T
T
MM,

That is AWESOME news !! I am so glad that the positive changes in your R are giving her the strength and courage to make positive changes in her life too!! And hopefully those two types of changes will just mutually reinforce each other.

thank you always for sharing what's going on in your situation, you are such an inspiration \:\)

(((M)))
love,
TRANSFORMER

F
F
Originally Posted By: minkerman
we found ourselves in that famous number just before 70. Wow, we have not done 'that' for quite a while!

Mink, I was told there would be no math when taking this test. Took me a minute...I'm pretty rusty \:\)

Great to see you guys doing so well. I immediately had the same thought when you mentioned her giving up her job...that looks like commitment to me!

Me: 46 Second Marriage
WAW: 38 First Marriage
Separated: Dec. 2007
W Filed for D: Feb. 2008
For more hope, click: http://rejoiceministries.org/
M
OP Offline
M
We have just passed the two month mark for reconciliation...and so far, things are still going really well!

I just have a couple of minutes right now and will update more later. But everything is good!!

J
J
Great news MM! Can you give Stellak over there a pep talk?

Jen *The more anger towards the past you carry in your heart, the less capable you are of loving in the present*

The end of the DB road
M
M
Mink congrates my friend!! I remember when you were buying ticket after ticket on that rollercoster and now you can get off it and relax a little. O and if you could stop by my mess aain she is contacting me and I thing Im doing you advise it just would be nice if ya gave it a once over. if you have a e-mail I would appreciate it i have a couple of questions for ya.

M
OP Offline
M
Marcum, if I post my email address, I will either get it deleted from the post or I will get banned! Otherwise I would do it.

I'll wander over to your thread and have a look-see for you!

J
J
Mink,

I remember reading your posts and...wow.

I am very glad for you. Make it work, make her work for it too. Do not be complacent in this, live up to your boundaries.

Cherish each other.

Experience is a brutal teacher, but you learn. My God, do you learn. - C.S. Lewis

Life is usually all about how you handle Plan B. - Jack3Beans

Listen without defending; Speak without offending - FaithinAK

TRUST THE PROCESS - Cadet

M
OP Offline
M
Thanks Jack.... \:\)

So, I have a couple of minutes here at work.

UPDATE: She has been more affectionate with me lately. I am not making a big deal out of it. I just smile at her and maybe say "that's nice" when she does something like rub my back when we are watching TV.

We are doing things together, like going for evening walks, holding hands, going to the beach, kayaking, dinner out etc. But we are also spending time with friends, away from each other.

I don't follow her around the house. I don't call her or email her all day at work. I am very aware of the 'needy' type behaviours that someone in my position could easily fall into.

I am playful with her. I wink at her and tell her she looks sexy when she least expects it.

At the end of the day, it looks like we are doing well, and we will be together.

I am thankful for all who listened to my story, and offered advice. I will still hang around, and update where necessary, but I think this divorce is busted.

I will never take my eye off the ball again. She is too important to me.

Me: 54
Her: 50 and sexy as hell
M: 32yrs
T: 34yrs
Bomb: Sept 26-07 "lost our emotional connection"
Bomb 2: Dec 25-07 she's "not feeling desire"
She asked if she could come home Apr 26-08!
Everything's GREAT!
C
C_K Offline
C
mm

Thats so good to read , we love a happy ending or should that be a happy beginning , because thats what its realy about.

Dave

Me 47
W 44
3 kids
Bomb Dec 06
Seperated July 07

Current Thread

W
W
Wonderful to hear! Stick around to update and maybe shed a gem here and there to help others, we need you over acheivers around here

Divorced February 27, 2012.

"Only by love is love awakened".~ Ellen G White
Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard