NOTICE: In order to help the OnLine Community run more efficiently, we will be pruning the boards over the next few weeks. If there are any Topics or Posts you want to keep, please save them soon.
Page 9 of 10 < 1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 >
Topic Options
#1292974 - 12/12/07 01:38 AM Re: INTRODUCING YOURSELF [Re: Rollercoasterider]
grid, lost Offline

Loc: new york state
rollercoasterider
is there anyway I can auto lock in my link so every time i post, the link will follow through.?

ie: like my signature does.

RCR, see you've been growing here for 2+ yrs, what are your three or four lines of wisdom you might care to offer up to us, lessors???

What 4 wisdoms of don'ts do you have to offer up? lol
I keep posting about my problem of evaluating results and time line of such.
For example, H has started to become mmmmmm....let me think here a bit....H has started to become... a friend again. Sweet...except, how do I move from we talk nice to each other, starting to express concerns for each other, ...how do I get the baby step of a bit of concern about "us" not just concern about "me"? What baby step can one take to start this spark? Yes, just start a spark? Any thoughts?
-Love of dogs, every time I loose a dog to the bridge,part of my heart goes too. Ever time a puppy/dog comes into my life,he gives me a part of his heart. If live my life long enough, in time I'll have the heart of a puppy. -unknown (w/character limit)

#1292979 - 12/12/07 01:50 AM Re: INTRODUCING YOURSELF [Re: Rollercoasterider]
grid, lost Offline

<<Problem was that along with the ILYBNILWY came a lack of attraction for my H. Now it's to the point where i don't even want him to touch me... I'm just trying to get the loving feelings that i lost back and trying not to kill my H in the process (hehe, he's driving me crazy) you can read more in my thread in the newcomers forum if you'd want.>>

Ann25,
suggestion, go to library or bookstore, get & read,book by: Dr. John Gray, PhD, the famous author, men and woman from Mars/venous book, with sub title; sex and bedroom.
book is best if read together of course but if H is not interested and he doesn't have to be. Willing to bet you will find your answer there!!! Another great book on the sex, bedroom and relationships, is titled something simple like, Love and Respect or else it is Respect and Love. Sorry do not have author for you. Do know written by male author. that book is excellent too. As soon as you start reading this second book you will know if you have the one I am trying to tell you about. lol honest, it will hit home like hitting a baseball out of park, crack and you know you have a home run.
let us know what you think of these two books. I'd be really surprised if they don't help. Oh, another one I keep seeing posted is, "The Five Languages of Love". there 3 books to save you. BTW, I am sure someone must have suggested you check out Michele's forum on the sex starved marriage. Might stop by.
hope these help.
grid, lost
-Love of dogs, every time I loose a dog to the bridge,part of my heart goes too. Ever time a puppy/dog comes into my life,he gives me a part of his heart. If live my life long enough, in time I'll have the heart of a puppy. -unknown (w/character limit)

#1293166 - 12/12/07 10:33 AM Re: INTRODUCING YOURSELF [Re: grid, lost]
DaveJ Offline

Loc: Arizona
S:4 D:2
Bomb dropped: too many to count or remember, 12/17/07 last one
S on 9/2/07
W sent off D papers 12/31/07. Me trying to live life and hope she returns one day.

My sitch:
http://tinyurl.com/3dqw93

#1293223 - 12/12/07 11:40 AM Re: INTRODUCING YOURSELF [Re: grid, lost]
Rollercoasterider Offline

To put your link into the signature follow the same steps you did to put it into the post.

If the place where you set up your signature doesn't have a link icon I would open another window as though I were going to post and make a link there and copy and paste it into the signatreu--then not submit the fake post.

That may seem round-about. I haven't changed my signature in ages, so I don't recall what options are there.

Lines of wisdom--Does and dont's
So distill my 1500+ pages of notes and jounraling into a few kernels? ;\) Sure, give me time though.

#1293562 - 12/12/07 03:35 PM Re: INTRODUCING YOURSELF [Re: Rollercoasterider]
ann25 Offline

Loc: Southern Cali
Thanks. I actually have the love and respect book. I bought it because my church group is doing a series of studies on having a more loving relationship that i signed up for. I think H will go unless they make him read. He hates reading. I'll pick up the other 2 books tho.

I've been reading alot on the SSM forum. Getting some help there. It is just so weird going from being really HD to really LD. I'm going to my 2nd IC appt. next week so hopefully she can help me with that as well.

I'll take anything that could help at this point! \:\)

ann

#1295406 - 12/14/07 02:44 AM Re: INTRODUCING YOURSELF [Re: ann25]
grid, lost Offline

davej,
NO, you have wrong book.
Found it,

'Love and Respect, the love she most desires and the respect he desperately needs".
by Emerson Eggerichs

grid, lost
ps short title as shown.

#1295707 - 12/14/07 11:42 AM Re: INTRODUCING YOURSELF [Re: grid, lost]
Rollercoasterider Offline

That's the same book as Dave's link.

#1295731 - 12/14/07 11:56 AM Re: INTRODUCING YOURSELF [Re: Rollercoasterider]
DaveJ Offline

Loc: Arizona
grid almost gave me a heart attack. I just ordered it half an hour ago. :P
S:4 D:2
Bomb dropped: too many to count or remember, 12/17/07 last one
S on 9/2/07
W sent off D papers 12/31/07. Me trying to live life and hope she returns one day.

My sitch:
http://tinyurl.com/3dqw93

#1296837 - 12/15/07 02:54 PM Re: INTRODUCING YOURSELF [Re: DaveJ]
grid, lost Offline

dacej,
have you read,"Five Love Languages? I have that one on order.

If you have read, what did you think of it?
thanks,
grid, lost

#1297317 - 12/16/07 09:44 AM Re: INTRODUCING YOURSELF [Re: grid, lost]
lodo Offline

Loc: west coast
Hi everyone,

Just wanted to introduce myself. Most stuff is in my signature and I started a thread in hopefulness (trying to be hopeful!).

Having a hard time right now - have left my house for a week so wife can be there because she says she needs that time to help her decide if she really wants to be alone or not. I'm trying very hard to stay cool, confident, and friendly with her but I feel like I'm going crazy when I'm alone. She was supposed to call and hasn't, so I'm trying to decide if I should initiate or continue giving her space. I feel like confronting her and asking if she's willing to spend a day together for the good of our R since she has been trying for 2 mos. to be alone. Probably won't, though - I guess it's pressuring.

Running a LOT - have lost 25 lbs in last 2 months. That feels good. Have also tried making myself more available to do new things and meet new people. Takes time, though, and the holidays aren't the best time to change routines.

Page 9 of 10 < 1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 >

Save Your Marriage! Schedule Online

Schedule a phone consultation with a Divorce Busting® Coach! Call: 800-664-2435 or 303-444-7004