Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 12 1 2 3 4 11 12
A. Im a bank employee.
B. It is illeagle.
C. Who is getting hurt here, the XOM or her customers?
D. Do you turly have this information?
E. What is the right choice?
F. Are you the only one that has this information?
G. How did you come about it?

I know what I would do... Whats right is not always popular.... That was said by anonymous.

JMHO...

WW "I no longer WILL WIN since I HAVE WON!!"
S
S
Hi Cal,

GREAT post on communication! I'll have to get my H to read it. Hell I'm thinking he'll be aboard before too long...

About the bank thing. Here's another way to look at it: If this was NOT the ex OW, and you had all the same info, what would you do???

Just food for thought.

Shiny

Quote:

About the bank thing. Here's another way to look at it: If this was NOT the ex OW, and you had all the same info, what would you do???

my thought as well...but then even if you would tell (with her not being the ow) would it still be believed that you didn't do it just to crush her...

if you do nothing..she will eventually get caught...??

if you do tell and she is this type of person...you may be opening yourself up to a big mess..never know what she may do to retaliate.

LL

OP Offline
A. Im a bank employee.

Good.

B. It is illeagle.

Yep, it is.

C. Who is getting hurt here, the XOM or her customers?

Both? XOM would probably lose her job. Bank customers lose their privacy. Bank could be potentially be sued. I personally would never bank there knowing that their employees practice this. My H says that probably all bank employees do it so it doesn't really matter.

D. Do you turly have this information?

It's technically heresay because it's word of mouth, I have no tangible evidence but I assume if I gave them the names, they would go back and check their access records (they have those right?) and question her about why she was accessing certain records if she had no cause. It's possible she would have cause to look at them but I don't know. I do know for sure that she shared this information with non-employees.

E. What is the right choice?

The right ethical choice? To tell the bank what's going on.

F. Are you the only one that has this information?

No. My H and all of XOW's friends also have this information - including the guy whose account she looked at and shared with friends because he is an XBF.

G. How did you come about it?

H told me thinking it was a funny story.

If this was NOT the ex OW, and you had all the same info, what would you do???

I guess it depends on who it would be then. If it were a family member or friend I would tell them how I thought it was inappropriate behaviour that I didn't agree with but I wouldn't turn them in. If it were someone I didn't really know that well, I would probably be doing something like I am doing right now. I've informed the bank anonomously and they've contacted me back at an email address I set up requesting more information. Now that it comes down to handing them names, I start to "waffle" because on one hand I don't want to hurt someone but on the other hand, it's ethically/morally wrong.

H seems to think that I'm only doing it to get back at her but he forgets all the emails I've fired off to companies about things like this before. Ok, there haven't been that many but I've definitely done this before. She's the one doing something wrong, not me.

'Course part of me would be doing it just to get back at her I guess.

-Calystra
Quote:

'Course part of me would be doing it just to get back at her I guess.

well try as hard as you can to pretend it is not her and do what you would do then.

LL

OP Offline
Ok, another story for you all that I think you might enjoy.

In highschool I played basketball and ended up blowing my knee (tearing my ACL) during my junior year and had to have reconstructive surgery and everything. So I've always been really careful about my knees now and about other people's knees. So what is the first thing I think about when H is going on this skiing trip? I hope he doesn't hurt his knees.

Knee injuries are high in skiing especially for someone who is a little out of shape and hasn't been skiing more than once in the past six years... I just got the phone call.

H was skiing down a green hill (for you non-ski people, that's one step up from the bunny hill) when he went over a jump and felt his knee pop. The first thing that went through his head was "Oh no, Calystra's gonna be mad at me now...". He tried to land on his body so he wouldn't do any more damage to his knee as he's heard me talk about how bad it is if you do extra damage to an already damaged knee and succeeded. Luckily his dad was right behind him so he was transported down to the clinic and they checked everything out.

From having been through this I know they can't tell him if it's bad or not without an MRI - which they don't have there - so they took some X-rays to make sure nothing was broken and felt around a little. They say that he probably sprained his MCL and possibly a little cartilage damage but he should get it checked out when he gets home. So he might be home a little earlier than planned ... or he and his dad might find something else to do out there.

He's doing ok now, in a bit of pain and his neck hurts from the landing. In his defense about the green hill part, he was off on some side trails through the woods that were probably harder than green... I really shouldn't be laughing as much as I am at this part, my poor baby needs some sympathy.

-Calystra
My h is an auditor at a bank..if this person has truly done what you say and she is telling all these people..then she is probably being watched...if it is all her just saying she does it then she is setting herself up for trouble.I think the people she is actually telling should contact the bank. She won't have a job very long.
Sue

S
S
Sorry about the knee. I'm an avid skier myself. Started at age 8.

I think the most important thing would be what would your H think about you acting on this information. Unfortunately, we see illegal things every day, and usually do nothing.

I can certainly understand the desire to hurt the OW. I've had plenty of thoughts of doing in the OM.

Calystra I really appreciate the advice you gave me. I have good news too. I am going to be moving over to piecing soon. My wife woke up today. Even told me she loved me. Check out my post for the particulars..
help I just realized I have a WAW..

Honesty, sincerity, tenderness and trust. A little less time for the rest of the world, And more for the two of us. Kisses each mornin, I love yous at night, Just like it used to be.
Hi Calystra, soory to hear about H's knee. Hope he is ok. Sorry to ask but if you have a chance could you please stop by my thread, things have taken a definite downturn and I would appreciate you "wise DB'ing" advice.

Thanks

Mimi - I will not give up hope!
Page 2 of 12 1 2 3 4 11 12

Moderated by  Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard