Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Michele Offline OP
OP Offline
Dear Michele,
I just want to let you know that I called your office and your assistant suggested a telephone consultation. I really wasn't calling the office to find out about DB coaching. I wanted to know when your next seminar was because my husband and I will be out of town for your March seminar. But she convinced me that I would get a lot out of a conversation with a DB coach in the meantime.

She was right! The coach I spoke to helped me realize that my situation wasn't as hopeless as I had thought and that there really were some things I could do right away to show my husband that our marriage could be saved. The ideas she came up with were pretty obvious, but I had never thought of them myself because I have been so emotional because of all of our fighting lately. I was very happy to get an objective view of my situation. Feeling hopeful has made all the difference in the world. I'm sleeping better and thinking more clearly. So, I want to thank you for giving me the nudge I needed to get started. I hope to meet you at the next Keeping Love Alive seminar.
Thanks again, you guys,
Corinne

Last edited by Virginia; 03/22/04 01:42 PM.

The Divorce Buster
Michele Offline OP
OP Offline
And another......
I have many times nearly written to you to tell you of my success thanks to you. Sometimes, though, I wondered if things would go wrong again. Now I feel confident enough to tell you my good news.

My husband is a wonderful man. I saw changes in him which I didn't understand. This went on, maybe every 6 months for maybe 5 years. He would say "maybe we should separate". Then life would jog along until the next time. Somewhere along the way, I found your website and ordered "Divorce Busting". Then everything was OK again. We did have some help with counselling, at times of crisis.

Just about a year ago, he said he had decided to leave me. I was ready, and asked him to read DB before he left. He went off and read for a few hours, and came back, put his arm around me, and said "the book is very interesting, darling". (!!!!!)

Immediately, I had a telephone consultation with Vernetta. It was wonderful, uplifting, and exactly the help I needed. She told me "your love and dependency are scaring him to death!" I did not know this. I only knew that he wanted to be independent and I didn't. Vernetta helped me to formulate a plan. I only changed subtle things. I gradually could see that my husband was acting happy again.

I am now part of his future and he is part of mine. I can see that he is happy. I thank you and give you credit for everything. I am trying to be your disciple and spread the word. I am loaning my books to my friends and I tell everyone about your website.

I also love your tape "Marriage Breakthrough". It is profound, I would say. Thank you for all you do for the betterment of mankind.

Tania

The Divorce Buster
^^

Michele Weiner-Davis
The Divorce Busting Center

Transform your marriage with a private 2-day intensive with Michele Weiner-Davis. http://www.themarriageintensive.com
Email michele@divorcebusting.com
^

JJ

Read about Divorce Busting® Telephone Coaching here!
This from ARWEN:

"I emailed Virginia to find out if there was a SB therapist near me,and she replied promptly. Turned out there wasn't one in this state even! So I have talked to a DB coach by phone twice,and it's a great experience. Where else can you talk to a professional about your inner most thoughts and feelings-all while in your own home and in your PJ's!!!
It's a great service they offer.

If you do call a DB coach,it's better if you have a list of goals and stuff handy. Reread that section of DR,and you'll be better prepared for your session. Good luck!

Michele Weiner-Davis
The Divorce Busting Center

Transform your marriage with a private 2-day intensive with Michele Weiner-Davis. http://www.themarriageintensive.com
Email michele@divorcebusting.com
~~~~~

JJ

Read about Divorce Busting® Telephone Coaching here!
C
C
Michele,

I mailed you a check for $390 this morning for 3 telephone consultation so you should receive it by Friday or Saturday. Sometimes when reading your sucess stories, its too good to be true. However, I want to see if my marriage can be helped.

My wife and I haven't been in love for a long time now in the 19 1/2 years we have been married. She was 90% sure she wanted to file for divorce this past July but as on 10/10/06, she hasn't done so. Maybe its because she depends on me to put our two small children on the bus so she can be off to work as a substitute teacher. I don't know. I don't know if my marriage can be saved. My therapist said my W has many issues that are unrelated to me but don't bet she will see counseling. I would love for my W to read your book as I have, but she doesn't see anything wrong with her behavior. We have seen this therapist on 3 separate ocsassions, but my wife would go once, maybe twice and that was it. My therapist said because she doesn't like constructive criticims which I told her that and she admitted it to me. I have apologized for my behavior, she has never apologized for hers. She has hit me in the past in front of our kids and belittled me in front of both families.

She continues to make me dinner which makes no sense but she has told me she doesn't trust me to hurt her anymore. I have a passive/agressive behavior but am working to be more assertive. She is controlling and has to be in charge of everything and if I make a mistake, she yells and curses at me. I normally take it until I can't take it anymore. Worse, her family also treats me like they want to improve me and try to change my opionion if its not the same as theirs. I would rather just drop the discussion all together.

PLEASE HELP ME!!!

Rocco

Moderated by  Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard