Print Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11
#2697950 08/19/16 07:47 AM
S
SunnyB Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Here's my last thread:

http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2676720&page=1

While I was copying the link, I took a look at the first couple of posts on my last thread. Guess what I was doing? Yep, moaning about MyNica, it was right after we broke up the first time. So here I am three months later, and although I feel the same way, it's less intense now. We text most days, he called me last night to share the beautiful full moon, and it's OK. We are settling into being friends. It's time to move forward. Here I go with a new thread. smile

"Don't look back, you aren't going that way"
You're a super smart cookie, Sunny.

You're inspiring me to keep a journal at home so I can see if I'm in the same trap later this year. It's interesting to see how we can propel our thoughts and actions forward just by seeing where we're stalled out?

Have a great weekend!

Betsey

"There are only 2 ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."

Albert Einstein
G
G
Sunny and Betsy,

Thanks you both for the kind words. When I read the kind things you both said I felt like Snoopy doing a dance. I don't know that I have much to add, but I appreciate the positive words.

Sunny, when things don't work out the way they want it absolutely svcks!!! Oh gosh I have struggled with that and I positively consider turning off the lights and eating the chocolate pieces out of the Chocolate Almond Special K cereal while listening to "Broken" by Seether when I think of being rejected. Not that your guy rejected you, but the deal breaker was a sense of rejection. Just remind yourself that for whatever reason, this was a no go that would have been a barrier at some point. I know you are sad and you did what you *knew* was best.

Hang in there! You will move forward with grace and humor. I just feel it.

3 kids
BD 12/15/13 (IDKIILY. )
Rope dropped Cirque du Soleil style
D final 9-9-14
"Some people are born on 3rd base and go through life thinking they hit a triple." Barry Switzer
A
A
If love were easy to get over when it ends, it wouldn't be as wonderful when it works. It's OK to grieve. You're getting stronger every day.

Me: 43, Him: 40
Married: 21 years

J
J
Hi Sunny!

I was too involved in my own pity party the last 2 weeks to pop by your thread.

Sorry about the friend that cut off contact with you.

I have had friends who dropped me like hot bricks once they knew about BD. Friends that I have known for years and would consider good friends.

I just had a falling out with some friends whom I thought were particularly unkind with uncalled for comments. I just quietly decided enough was enough. And I left the group.

But I guess maybe they do care for me after all because they have tried to talk to me. I am sure that we dont quite get each others' pov but it's nice yo know that they cared enough to reach out.

Yesterday, while trying to catch pokemons in my car at a red light, I had an epiphany. Yup , strange things like that happen. I decided that I was the only person, plus kid, that I will ever need. That there will always be people who will leave me for all kinds of reasons. It will hurt but it will only hurt as much as I let it. I decided that I am a work in progress and people could either take it or leave it.

I think I am slowly detaching from my people-pleasing ways.

So Sunny, maybe your friend has something on his mind. MLc etc. Who knows? Maybe it's not you. But you offered truce and he doesnt want to accept it. The bad is on him.

You are still gorgeous and I still want to grow up to be like you!

You can call me Dory/ Grl.

As a wise fish once sang,"Just keep swimming!"

It's no use to go back to yesterday because I was a different person then.
JksD #2698098 08/19/16 08:05 PM
G
G
I'm sorry you are feeling down. When your soul connects to another, it takes time. And it does get less intense. I'm almost 6 months in and I still miss my ex NG. Some people we may miss forever. But doesn't mean there isn't room for someone else incredible to come into our lives.

I'm sorry about your friend. I have a feeling it's about him and has nothing to do with you. Nontheless, it hurts, and I I understand.

You are a smart, intelligent, beautiful charismatic woman. Just keep being you.

Sorry for the mini hijack, Sunny. But I'm smiling and must address the cause.

GB, I'm totally laughing at your consideration above. I would totally pick those chocolate pieces out. I used to pick out the marshmallows from Lucky Charms, but my song of choice is Fake It by Seether. I love singing the F word... When it comes on, my D22 says, "Here's your song, Mom." Haha!

Sunny, I look at it this way. If you can't feel bone deep sad, you'll probably not appreciate top of the world happy. You got the yucky one out of the way. A couple of times, actually.

Cheers!

"There are only 2 ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."

Albert Einstein
G
G
Omg!!! Betsy, THAT made me laugh. I did that with Lucky Charms too(back in college) and the song at that time was "Bridge Over Troubled Water."

I've evolved in a way I suppose :-)

3 kids
BD 12/15/13 (IDKIILY. )
Rope dropped Cirque du Soleil style
D final 9-9-14
"Some people are born on 3rd base and go through life thinking they hit a triple." Barry Switzer
S
SunnyB Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Hi Folks! Monday check in. And I continue to have nothing to say. LOL My weekend was fine, D13 and I took care of back to school lists, I hung out with friends on Saturday night. No dates, no drama. wink

Originally Posted By: JksD
Sorry about the friend that cut off contact with you.

So Sunny, maybe your friend has something on his mind. MLc etc. Who knows? Maybe it's not you. But you offered truce and he doesnt want to accept it. The bad is on him.
Thank you, Grl. I don't know what happened. I do know I can't control other people, that's one thing DB taught me well. And I move on.

Originally Posted By: Ginger1
I'm sorry you are feeling down. When your soul connects to another, it takes time. And it does get less intense.
Thanks, Ginger, it is getting less intense. I shed a few tears this weekend when I realized I had met him exactly 7 months ago. But on our six month "anniversary" I texted him about it. This weekend I didn't. Baby steps.

Originally Posted By: Underdog
Sunny, I look at it this way. If you can't feel bone deep sad, you'll probably not appreciate top of the world happy.
This is so true, Bets. And that's a conversation MyNica and I had early on. He knew I was being open and transparent, and he knew I was aware of the risks of doing that. Yes, I got my heart broken. And it was worth it. I'll do it again when another one worth taking a chance on comes along.

Time to go see how my BabyGirl did on her first day of school!

"Don't look back, you aren't going that way"
J
J
Sunny, It looks like you are doing well.

For whatever reason you've been on my mind the last couple of days. Just wanted to reach out and touch you.

I trust the kids are healing well and things are progressing for you, my friend.

I'll stop by again soon.

Me 47 - W 35
M 9 - T 10
2 Daughters - 7 & 9
Discovery of EA- 8/4/14
S - 8/5/15
D mentioned - 9/11/14
R & Piecing - 3/17/15
Regard one another as more important than yourselves.
- Philippians 2:3
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard