Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 19 of 23 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 22 23
#126864 05/09/03 01:12 PM
Hey...that's great about the severence check, Shiny. Such good progress....

It's only 10am, but now I'm hungry for zucchini in tomato sauce and a glass of wine!!! Going to lunch at Red Lobster in a little while, so I don't have long to wait for good food!

GOing to move furniture now. I think that will give me back a sense of power and accomplishment.

Nothing like hard labor to bring a pencil-necked-geek a little closer to sanity.

SO great about the nomination & wonderful recommendation! It's very good to bask in an "embarrasing glow" if praise & support every now and then!

Enjoy your weekend!

Sam

#126865 05/09/03 07:45 PM
S
OP Offline
S
HI Sam! HI all!

I'd trade my eye teeth for a Red Lobster near by! Well, not really, but the closest one is 5 hours away!!!

Worked all day on my midterm and it's coming together well. Probably another few hours just to polish it up and it will be done.

We're supposed to be going to see my 18 year old nephew perform original music (guitar and singing) at our local "High School Idol" competition tonight, but CJ just came in looking rather pasty.

He had me rub a spot on his back last night, complained again this morning (thought it might be a pulled muscle from all the bike rides this week). While at Walmart, though, it hit him that this felt more than a little familiar...you see he had kidney stone problems LONG before I did.

So we'll have to wait and see. If he's not too bad, maybe I'll go myself. But then again, things can get very painful, very fast with these bloody things, so perhaps it would be best if I was nearby. We shall see....

Shiny

#126866 05/11/03 05:12 PM
S
OP Offline
S
Happy Mother's Day!!! To all you self-giving, wonderful females who have decided to carry on the human race, my hat is off to YOU!

CJ is fine, turned out to be a bowel thing. I made it to the high school idol competition, and despite being sick with a sore throat this week, my nephew and his friend won FIRST PLACE in the original song category!!!

They're playing on our local CF telethon today, get to have their song recorded and played on the radio. I'm soooo pumped! (Proud Aunty!)

Today we have a birthday party for CJ's nephew, where we'll get to see his Mom and then we head over to my folk's place. Phew...not exactly a restful weekend. Though we did have a fun visit with our best pals D & H last night.

H (pal) and I went up the road to a neighbouring farm where I got to pet the goat, 4 cats, two kittens, three dogs, and two horse. The bunnies were too quick to catch.

Okay! Gots ta fly!

Shiny

#126867 05/11/03 07:42 PM
U
U
Happy Mother's Day Shiny ! You are our mommy Shinybear... for all of us here on the the BB. I am glad things are going well. Take it easy with your course.

U.

Jade Rooster
#126868 05/12/03 11:48 AM

WW "I no longer WILL WIN since I HAVE WON!!"
#126869 05/12/03 06:53 PM
SB,

Catching up on your sitch, things seem to be progressing nicely for you.

I'd like to ask a question of the prof please. I've been wondering about passive-aggressive behavior in W. Don't want to hijack your thread though - check mine over in Hopefulness.

Greg - Patient, vigilant, hopeful

#126870 05/13/03 12:41 AM
S
OP Offline
S
Hello!

Just 27 minutes to the season finale of CSI...how many folks can Shiny check on in that time?????

Mini update: came home tense and pissy today (saw a copy of the fall teaching schedule which was a tad upsetting). House was still a mess and I kind of got on CJ to do some "stuff" (April's finances, lopng distance carrier, cat food). Wasn't my nicest. Didn't even thank him for the stuff he DID do: check on the medical insurance, fill the bird feeder, etc.

He wisely just noted my "mood" and set about doing those things, in a timely fashion too.

Got a lot of work done on my midterm exam and then....did a 75 minute work out!!! First nearly full one in weeks.

Felt MUCH better after that. Why do I forget how good it makes me feel! MUST MUST work in the work outs!

Apologized to CJ "for being crabby" when I got home...he said "You're entitled" (in a nice way). I thanked him. Evening's been very nice since then.

Shiny

#126871 05/13/03 12:56 PM
Hey SB -- Good DB'ing on both of your parts! and, awesome to see that life and all can get in the way (crabby moods, etc) and that things can end up smooth. Kudos to CJay for being sensitive to your mood w/o overreacting. AND, kudos to you for apologizing, etc.

Definite agreement on the working out piece -- those endorphins keep me (relatively) sane.

Thanks for being so supportive on my thread -- I really appreciate it!

Sage

Relax. Appreciate. Be calm. Laugh. Enjoy. Be secure. Be loving. Be loved. Don't personalize. Don't ASSume. Accept. Be grateful.
#126872 05/14/03 12:37 AM
S
OP Offline
S
Any time, Sage

Well class went well and it was the warmest day of the spring so far...26 C...close to 80 F. So I spent a couple of hours weeding my front perennial bed. Nice to do some activity that doesn't involve my brain for a change!

CJ didn't get the job he interviewed for (probably over-qualified) but made contact with several folks he had connections with in business today. Also cleaned most of the house before I got home .

Just a weird moment when I came in from the yard to find a shirt to cover my arms (too much sun for my Canadian white skin ). I threw on my white denim men's shirt (a steal at Walmart for $9.99). CJ paused and said "Is that my shirt?" I said "No it's mine".

What was on the tip of my tongue? "It's my shirt, but you've worn it at least once."...It's the shirt he's wearing in the provocative photo he took of himself to send to OW.

You'd think I'd want to burn it or something, but it was a rather minor moment, really. Go figure.

Again, only 20 minutes to check on others...don't you hate it when life gets in the way of bbing? Just kidding!!!

Shiny

#126873 05/15/03 12:45 AM
S
OP Offline
S
Hi Gang,

I think I just finished my midterm exam!!!

15 minutes to check on some folks....wonder when this tired thread is going to give out on me .

Shiny

Page 19 of 23 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

Moderated by  Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard