Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 14 of 14 1 2 12 13 14
Hey KAW.

Quote:

Well since Saturday, I have noticed a shift in her mannerism.
Did you ask her how her C session went? I mean, if she's uncomfortable, I suppose you don't have to pry, but as her H, you can ask simply out of concern for her wellbeing...you know? I mean, if my W went to a C, I'd ask how it went. Just wondering...

I have kind of been getting the same treatment from my W. Some days she seems pretty together and other days, quite distant. I hate those distant days, as they are a reminder of the past; however, they, like us, have both good and bad days, I suppose. Also, I imagine they have more "off" days, as they were the ones who went off of the deep end and have to contend with those feelings.

Too bad you don't live closer, KAW, 'cuz I'd help you out with the seeding and you could help me cut back all of our ficus trees!

Take care.

jethro

KAW Offline OP
OP Offline
No Jethro, I didn't ask. I had already taken the stance that if she wanted to share with me anything about C, she would volunteer and that my inquiry would most likely be preceived as being "insecure" or "freaking out" about it. I'm quite OK with her going to C and feel its more important to get that message across. What's bothering me is the "aftermath" which actually started Sunday and continued up to the present. Don't get me wrong, its all relative. At one point this would have been the norm, compared to more recent action, it noticably more low-key and she may not even be aware of it, so based on past experience, it doesn't work to bring it up as she get defensive about it which then festers into resentment. So for now I will ride it out to see if its just a phase. If it persists, then I will need to find a different angle to approach it. Nothing new with that...

Cutting treees down? ... to bad we couldn't transplant some, even tho I don't know what a ficus tree is. All I had in my yard when we first moved here was a cluster of birches. With each passing winter, there would be one less that survived the season until all were gone a couple of years ago...not a very hardy tree...so now we have any shade in the summer.

'til later,
KAW

Hi old friend. Just caught up on your sitch. Well, as you know I'm not in any position to offer advice but I did want to say that I'm keeping an eye on you and in my prayers. Thanks, you're the best.

bb

Hey KAW:

Just wanted to say to you outside of my own thread. Hope all is going well for you. I've been trying to pass on some of your wisdom that i have reaped from your visits. Thanks for all of your help.

bb

Page 14 of 14 1 2 12 13 14

Moderated by  Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard