Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
C
Coach Offline OP
OP Offline
C
I hope to be heading to "piecing" soon. My WAW wants to call off the divorce and work on our marriage. I just want to stay on the right path. We had no major hurdles - addictions, adultery or EAs. It's communication, expectations, unresolved hurts and partnership problems. We both just need to be honest, non-judgmental, handle problems like adults, work on ourselves.
So how do I handle her moving home? What pitfalls can I avoid? What can I expect?
Cheers

M22,H45,W45 S21/18D12
Retain faith that you will prevail in the end, regardless of the difficulties and at the same time confront the most brutal facts of your current reality, whatever they might be.
The first thing that jumped out at me was the communication...it sounds like you would benefit from a retrouvaille weekend...there are several post around on this, it is a wonderful way to learn to communicate, and make it a positive instead of a negative, check in your area to see if there is anything coming up!
The key as in any of this is patience...and keep expectations to start with low.
Good luck!

Me - 44
H - 44
M - 19yrs
together - 23yrs
D16
S8
EA/PA - Bomb Oct20/06 Jan 8/07 Feb 01/07 Jul 15/07
H still @ home
Recovered!

"Do or do not, there is no try" Yoda
C
Coach Offline OP
OP Offline
C
I have looked into Retro, we would have to travel to attend and would miss the follow-up sessions. I did find out we could get all the materials and just work on our own.
Patience, ahh my favorite word. Expectations, I think I am in the right place. Baby steps, baby steps, baby steps.

M22,H45,W45 S21/18D12
Retain faith that you will prevail in the end, regardless of the difficulties and at the same time confront the most brutal facts of your current reality, whatever they might be.
Coach,
That's great that your W wants to work on the M. You sound ready to tackle the issues. Things will improve in your M, though it will be bumpy along the way. Change doesn't occur without some pain.

CL

CL 53 W 54
M 20 yrs.
03'-09' Separation + Old Patterns + GAL
10-14' Piecing

"The Master allows things to happen. She shapes events as they come."

----Tao Te Ching
H
H
Coach - how tremendous to see you here. Lots of work ahead, but I can't think of someone better prepared to tackle that work head on (wrong sport, right? but I'm at a loss for the right metaphors...). I don't have much advice to offer for this part of the walk that you're on - so I'll mostly just check in and say hi...well...
-c.

Me:39
S3,S13

"We consent to live like sheep." W.H. Auden

On my own
Separation #4
I
I
Coach just wondering how it's going?

Haven't heard anything from you here in awhile...

ITH

Me:34 H:36 M:5 years T: 8 years
Bomb: 07/17/08 I want to be separated for 6 months--I don't know what I want the outcome to be
S 07/28/08-11/08/08
Living together ~7 months D Possibly busted?!?!!!
C
Coach Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Need some perspective from over here. My W wants to come back home. She came over tonite to watch the debate. She asked me to sit by her on the sofa and she reached out and rubbed my arm. I didn't feel anything. It scared me. I am afraid of getting crushed again I think. I thought I would be happy with all my good news so this is confusing me. Advise and perspective please.

M22,H45,W45 S21/18D12
M
M
Hey Coach \:\) - Well, from my seperated perspective, you probably are afraid. Your sitch was in slow motion for awhile & now it has speeded up. You are probably watching for those curves in the road, that you don't know about yet. Do you totally trust her? Could that be an issue as well? Others will probably have better advise - for you mapping out a plan. But I think you need one. Is a dating type phase an option?

Me39, XH45
Kids 3 dogs, 2 cats
Divorced 6/4/09
Tricky thing is not how you live, but how you live with yourself. (POTC)
C
Coach Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Yes there is a trust issue - my feelings, money. She broke my heart. What's changed with her? I guess I need to ask. Now that she is moving towards me, I am backing up. That's the confusing part. I now almost want to say ILYBNILWY, this is new territory for me. Detaching helped me cope now it is in the way. What tools do I need for the next phase of this?

M22,H45,W45 S21/18D12
H
H
Hi Coach:
I'm not where you are - haven't even been, so I don't really have a lot of first-hand experience. But it does seem like what you're feeling is completely normal - how could you not feel hurt and have problems with trust. Building trust seems like it might be one of the hardest parts of all this - since it means you'll have to be vulnerable to someone in a profound way again - despite the pain. Taking it slowly sounds like a good idea - though be cautious about your feelings - since you don't want some of the stuff that your brought to the sitch before to come back up again.

I wish I could say something helpful...

Have you picked up any books on rebuilding a marriage?

-carlos.

Me:39
S3,S13

"We consent to live like sheep." W.H. Auden

On my own
Separation #4
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard