Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#944142 02/22/07 08:34 PM
J
OP Offline
J
(Long...but you guys already expect this.)

Once upon a time...

Jack was worried last Friday, that perhaps his wife was going to meet with the OM on the sly, not for any kissing or romance but just to see each other. Jack was a bit torn about this, and so talked with his fairy princess and told her his concerns. Jack was working late that night at his other job and could pop over to the dance club to ‘see’ when he got off work. If they were there together, talking and hanging out, never mind anything more, Jack was pretty sure ‘goodbye’ was coming.

His fairy princess said, it could be ‘goodbye’ for now or ‘goodbye’ forever. Jack still didn’t know what he was going to do; Jack still doesn’t know why he felt he had to do this either.

He asked his wife to call him before he went to work. She didn’t. Jack went to work and was still new to all the tasks but did very well and looked up and saw his wife there smiling at him. He talked to her while he did his job, trying hard not to smile as she talked about her day, which was a good one at work, she got a lateral promotion. He talked with her for awhile, and then she left he told her to be careful cause it was snowing like the frost giants were playing outside.

He stayed at work, but was still unsure about going to the club later. It followed a pattern from earlier in Jack’s story, putting him at ease and then going and doing something else that Jack would not like if he knew about.

Jack’s wife had to take her mom to the airport at 11 pm, Jack didn’t get off work until 12:30. She came back to the store at 11:30 and hung out with Jack and kept him company, she said she wasn’t going to go out tonight, Jack asked if she would watch the boys until he got home so the babysitter could go home early, she agreed.

Jack went home after work and he and his wife talked for an hour and she left and went home. His wife had brushed off all the snow off of his car while he was in the store, he saw her foot prints all around his car.

The next day Jack’s mom and dad picked up his little boys to sleep over at their house so Jack could work, and his wife could have a night off to do what she wanted. Jack went to work and after work his wife invited him over, and they stayed up talking and went to bed and fell asleep late in the morning.

On Sunday, Jack left and didn’t snoop. He picked up his boys and brought them back for Family day. But his oldest son needed a break from his youngest son, and in the car figured out a new plan. He asked his wife when he got to her house, how about switching up Family Day, we each take one of the boys now, and give them a break from each other, and then at 6 pm, we have dinner and watch a movie, and they can sleep over at my house because I do not have to work in the morning. She liked this idea, and they did that. They had a wonderful dinner and watch most of Narnia and put the boys to bed. And then they watched Broke Back Mountain, and Jack cried…a little, not a lot, he had something in his eye.

They talked about the movie and what characters they identified with, and she talked about her work and her fears and they both got weepy at different things. But were strong for each other when the other was weepy.

She asked if she could spend the night, Jack chuckled and said of course. And they went to bed and talked for a little bit and Jack’s wife said what are you thinking, and Jack paused…and kissed her on the lips and put his hands on her. And she kissed him back and pulled his face close to hers.

Afterward, Jack said “That was what I was thinking; what were you thinking?”

“I don’t remember.”

“Did the movie make you do that?”

“The passion, I forgot how important that was.”

“Not the two guys kissing, right?”

“How tired are you?”

She laughed “Nevermind not the guys kissing then.”

“No, certainly not…well mostly…maybe…” she hit Jack with a pillow.

And she said, “I love you.” Like a bell, clear and loud. And she giggled at Jack when he stuttered, “I love you too.”

“You didn’t expect that did you?”

“No…not really.”

“I don’t know if that’s a good thing.”

“It’s what we have.”

“For now.”

And then they went to sleep.

Monday, Jack had a good day to himself and the boys, talked with his wife briefly when she picked them up and he went to work and home.

Tuesday and Wednesday are both other stories. Jack had an adventure on Tuesday…one that many of you veterans will see as backsliding…but Jack is sometimes very lucky.

As fun and scary and good as this story is, and Tuesday and Wednesday might be, this all happened once upon a time, this happened yesterday.

Experience is a brutal teacher, but you learn. My God, do you learn. - C.S. Lewis

Life is usually all about how you handle Plan B. - Jack3Beans

Listen without defending; Speak without offending - FaithinAK

TRUST THE PROCESS - Cadet

W
W
This stuff is better than any brokebackmovie ... and hell yes I am getting a tear in the eye.

Think I am going to pretend for a minute that I am Jack, this story is about me, and I heard those words.

Crap, another tear.

Jack you should be a writer of romance novels.

J
OP Offline
J
is that good or bad Mermaid? cause most of them are crappy.

Experience is a brutal teacher, but you learn. My God, do you learn. - C.S. Lewis

Life is usually all about how you handle Plan B. - Jack3Beans

Listen without defending; Speak without offending - FaithinAK

TRUST THE PROCESS - Cadet

M
M
Quote:
His fairy princess said, it could be ‘goodbye’ for now or ‘goodbye’ forever.

I love that Fairy Princess!

Slow and Steady, and it is ok to smile!

Wait! it would only be good bye for now, or good bye for ever IF Jack did see his W at the club with the blob!

But Jack's W is not so crazy anymore.

Last edited by mrspoolboyz; 02/22/07 08:55 PM.

One shoe can change your life.~ Cinderella
Well Jack,

I like them but you are right it does depend on which ones. I like ones that have a really good adventurish kind of story with the romance in the back ground. There are some good ones out there.
Alaska is just such a rugged place that these stories could take place.

J
J
sniff.........PERUVIAN

Change the Policy.
Allow PM's
Free all of us.

Also some new and improved emoticons would be nice!

:-)
G
G
Did you know that Tami Hoag started out as a romance writer? Just thought I'd mention it. \:\)

M
M
Quote:
Jack you should be a writer of romance novels.

Jack should be a writer of beautiful Fairy Tales ;\)

One shoe can change your life.~ Cinderella
J
J
About beautiful fair princesses.......

Change the Policy.
Allow PM's
Free all of us.

Also some new and improved emoticons would be nice!

:-)
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard