Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#501107 07/01/05 06:13 PM
WillWin Offline OP
OP Offline
Hello All,

Quick lil hello and update on me... I was not sure where to post this, however this is my life after a divorce...

Life is gone well over the last 6 months since my new wife and I have been married (12/21/04). 2 major fights ending with both of us apologizing and laughing because of the goofiness of what we were fighting about...

I am self employeed and have learned to give my wife 1 hour after work with no phone, or interuptions each day. She appreciates the time I take to listen to her.

We have 2 lunch dates schedlued each month the 15th and last working day of the month. However I missed yesterdays due to car problems... I took her out today, (and gma is watching the baby so we can have a date!!) I try to do 2 lunches a week with my wife as a surprise.. However the "wow" factor has worn off, but she does appreciate me making the time each week.

Monday nights is family nights... We find something the three of us can do (son from previous relationship). We usally watch my nephew play baseball, with my son loves (son is 2 1/2).

My Grandfather passed away 4/27 at the age of 87. The strongest man I have ever known, and not one to give up on anything... Although he could barely read and dropped out of school in the 6th grade, no one could ever touch him. He did put the Fun in funeral (not trying to be morbid) We laughed at his service, cried, and I was greatful that I had the worlds best grandpa... It was a happy mourning of his life that was celebrated.

With that, my XW attened the calling hours. My w was not able to meet my xw since she was chasing our son. It was akward, however she had a genuine concern for my grandpa. I was glad she made it. She also brought her "friend" with her. I think it was a guy she has known for years who has had a crush on her for a long time as well. I am not sure of their realtionship and really dont care.

My current wife did say, "Well I guess I really dont have anything to worry about!" Then she kissed me, held my hand, and gently smiled at me. She was a blessing to have with me through that whole time. It was great to have her arms to hold me as I wept over my grandpa.

He passed so peacefully, I was greatful to be able to hold his hands as he took his last breath. He would have been 88 today... I so terribly miss him...

Besides that, life is good. My wife and I have commited to every 10 years to renew our vowels, and every day to renew our love. Some folks call it "honeymoonerites.." I call it never wanting her to feel like I dont want, love, or care for her.

I do not advocate giving up on your current marriage. It is my prayer that all marriages stay in tact. There came a time that I realized that my fantesy was not going to be a reality and took what I learned, changed the things I did not like, grabed a hold of Jesus, and came out Ok after all.

Work on you first, and everything else will be gravey!!!

Take care my friends... I wish you nothing but joy and happiness!

Your friend

WillWin

WW "I no longer WILL WIN since I HAVE WON!!"
#501108 07/01/05 08:38 PM
K
kml Offline
K
Thanks for posting, Will. I think of you often (and usually giggle when I do! )

Ellie

#501109 07/02/05 04:36 AM
Hi Will,
I hope your post shows others that life can be wonderful even after D. You sound very happy.

Sorry about your grandfather. He must have been a wonderful man for you to love him so much.

Best wishes,
Jill

#501110 07/03/05 01:44 AM
Hey Will!! It's good to see you here! I'm so glad that things are going well for you. I have sure missed you on the board--you're threads always brought a much needed smile to my face.

Sorry about your Grandpa. He must have been someone that was very special to you and I know that he has left you with wonderful memories.

I hope that you drop in often Will. I really enjoy your words of wisdom--laced with so much humor.

Later, DNO

#501111 07/07/05 11:38 PM
WillWin Offline OP
OP Offline
Quote:

Thanks for posting, Will. I think of you often (and usually giggle when I do! )

Ellie

And people wonder how rumors get started...

#501112 07/07/05 11:42 PM
WillWin Offline OP
OP Offline
DNO,

Hey toots.. glad to see you alive and kicking,

Que thanks for the condolances....

DB'ing is one of the things that helped me change my look at life. I was always goofy, just learned to enhance it and keep it undercontrol...

I also use some of the stuff with my wife... That is why she thinks I am the greatest hubby in the whole-widest-world, when I am actully not.

I just happened to get lucky to marry the brightest, bueatiful, wonderful, greates wife in the whole-widest-world... That and I am lucky she is blind in one eye and cant see out the other.

#501113 09/07/05 12:08 PM
Hi WW--

Congrats on your marriage and happy life. You've worked hard and deserve the rewards. Keep living the lessons you learned.

Jackie

#501114 09/07/05 09:38 PM
WW,

Really sorry to hear about your grandpa. I know that's tough.

Take care of yourself Buddy!

jstx
#501115 09/12/05 01:35 AM
RJJ Offline
Hi WW,

Congrats and condolences all at once. I am glad you can think of your grandfather with happy thoughts.

As for marriage the "next time around" (and the next one will be last for me, dammit!), I hope I can make as good a go of it as you are doing. It truly sounds like bliss.

Robin

D
D
WW,

In case you ever peek in at the boards, thinking about you and Floyd, tell him Hi if you ever see him. Hope you life is still as blissful as the post you had in 2005. And I tell my kids, never force a fart!

Jackie

Me 48, H49, M24, S14, S11
DB #1 4/2002-8/2003
Bomb #2 August 2010 & he moved out
Living with OW
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard