Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
#492685 06/13/05 10:11 PM
H
OP Offline
H
Hello!

June seems to be a good “Moving” month for me. After 8 months of separation my dear wife has asked me to move back home. After getting settled into “Newcomers”, I’ve picked up and moved my sorry butt over here. I’m hopeful space can be found for me. The activity here indicates that I'm not the only one getting things back on track. I look forward to meeting new friends.

For starters: How about a little recap for those following and a brief history for those not familiar?

W: 45
Me: 43
D: 9
S: 11
S: 14
Bomb: 10/10/04, I moved out 10/11/04.

Bit of a bumpy ride over the next few months as I got my “Stuff” together. In January I was more or less, wished to rot-in-hell. By March we were seeing each other and the alien in her had received notice. April was very pleasant with a request to move home in May. The new and improved HFO is being very mindful of what NOT and what TO do from here on in. We have both accepted responsibility for the breakdown and are working to make our M better. W is currently dealing with menopause. It’s not a fun ride for her so I’m doing my best with support and understanding. There are plenty of things for us to resolve as time goes by. I’m being patient in approaching any topics of concern until she is better able to discuss them. I’m waiting for her mental and physical state to stop its own little roller coaster ride first.

That’s about it in a nutshell. For more details my trail can be found here:

Starting Over

Some unfinished business for my friends who may have followed me:

Luv,

Quote:

Just remember not to ever take what you have for granted. We all know how quickly it can slip away.

AMEN, Isn’t that the truth! I know taking things for granted is what brought me here. Ugh! Well, here’s to leaving the “bad” old ways behind us. Thank you for the WOA, I’m looking forward to the day I stop by your thread, for the same reason, to offer mine to you.

Wonka,

Thanks dude! I did get the balls! I’ve got a golf tourney this week and 14 of 18 are water so I probably won’t have them for long. I did one better on the beer though. I had a boiler maker in your honor. BTW, you really are on a roll….two posts, I’m impressed!

Betsey,

You naughty little girl, you! Don’t you know p.s. insertion is a full participation activity? Watching only gets you hot under the collar. Thanks for joining the happy dance. It’s a blast!!!! Keep the grace and dignity for H2H. I’ve got 6 thumbs on each foot. (Dip twirl, slide…STOMP!)

And yes, my thoughts of balance between work and home are very much on my radar screen. Thanks for the confidence; I’m going to need it. It’s going to be one of our more prominent discussions. It’ll be right up there with the money issues. Patience, it will all work out.

H2H,

OOOooh! More WOA, I don’t know if I can handle it. Sure I can. I heard a quote by Abraham Cowley that rings true with your thoughts… “Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.” And I look really cute in greasy overalls!

Thanks again friends… peace, harmony and love to you all.

Update time:

I got back in town last Thursday night. (Slowly – No she didn’t join me on this one. I’m hoping she’ll be able to make it with me to Vegas in the fall though.) Friday night the W and I went out for drinks and dinner after work. (I can’t remember the last time we did.) We had a wonderful time. I was in tears at one point when I was able to see both her hands and see that she had put her rings back on. I was so touched I couldn’t help myself. Her eyes got watery too. She told me she put them on a few days earlier while I was out of town. TOO COOL!!!!!!!!!! So yes, my happy dancing has almost put my back out.

This past weekend and the rest of June is scrambling to get myself moved back home. I’ve been able to put a good dent in it so far but the end of the month will be here too soon, I know it. That’s about it for now. Thanks for looking in.

Cheers all,

HFO

Forgiveness is the release of all hope for a better past. – Alexa Young
P
P
I'll have to go back and read up, but welcome and congratulations.

H
H
Hi HFO,

I'm liking your new digs around here. And I like even more the steady progress back into your home!

I'll be watching. . .
Hugs,
-H2H

S
S
Congratulations on your promotion to Piecing!

Me - 54
P - 59
Together 5 yrs
She left 4/2012
S
S

HFO - Welcome - it's grand to have you here in this neighbourhood

Slowly

A Liberal Allowance of Time
P
P
Hope things are continuing well for you. Stay on task.

HFO,

So sorry I'm late to the party! I hope your trade show went well and that it's bringing you the big bucks for your effort.

And speaking of effort, hope things are going well on the home front too. I hope to respond to your e-mail over the weekend, seeing as I've only got pool time, grocery shopping and dinner at friends on the schedule.

Keep up the AMAZING work! Oh, and I'm glad you made the move. You belong here.

Bets

"There are only 2 ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."

Albert Einstein
H
OP Offline
H
Hi all!

June is turning into a very busy year for me.

Well it feels like it.

Phoenix_spark, Welcome!
H2H, thanks for checking in!
SD, Welcome!
Slowly, Grand to be hear!
Betsey, you dear!

Thanks so much all. Nobody is late, this party is just getting started! Sorry I’ve been too busy to offer any updates. None today either, I’m afraid. Except to say that things are great at home, the move is going well and it’s busy at work. The aforementioned juggling act doesn’t allow for much computer time. My home PC is out of service for the time being. (Great parenting tool too, BTW... Moving assistance is more forthcoming from offspring when they understand that the last thing to move is the computer. The sooner the move is done, the sooner they get computer games. )

Take care friends, hope to post more soon.

Cheers,
HFO

Forgiveness is the release of all hope for a better past. – Alexa Young
J
J
Welcome to Piecing, HFO!

I'm a little late to the party, too, but hey... I'm moving a little more slowly these days.

Things sound really great over here - wonderful! You no doubt realize that there are bumpy roads ahead, but I think you're well prepared.

An aside: Will your W eat/drink soy products? They help relieve the symptoms of menopause. I know some people have a hard time with soy - getting used to the taste, generally - but it really works.

Again, welcome, and I look forward to seeing you construct the M you and your W wish for and deserve!

Jennifer

shameless plug for my NEWEST thread
Ha ha! I'm laughing at the carrot you keep dangling in front of your kids' faces. You're a clever one, HFO!

Enjoy your family time and time away from the computer. I'm looking forward to my much needed break from all of it next week. Then I'm outta dodge for 10 days! WOO HOO! Vacation!

Hugs!

Betsey

"There are only 2 ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."

Albert Einstein
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard