Print Thread
E
OP Offline
E
WAW came over today and I had her laughing and enjoying herself (even though me hurting like hell on the inside). Since splitting she has been getting into the whole spiritual side of life - meditation, pranic healing etc. Then she came out with things like 'I'm over materialism', 'I can walk into a homewares store and buy nothing now', 'I feel free without all our furniture'.

Background to this being she's living in a house by herself with our dog and I'm in our home with all our furniture. And to think this was a chick SERIOUSLY into interior design and French antiques!! Aliens at large!!

Anyway....I just acted 'As if' - validated all her feelings, encouraged her to continue 'finding herself' etc. Positive thing is she noticed my new briefs hanging on the washing line (strategically placed by me!)and she has agreed to have dinner here tomorrow night (she never thought I cooked enough) before we head off to our C.

What does anyone think...Baby Steps??

D
D
Hi Euan,

Any time I am able to get my W laughing at anything I consider it a good baby step. Just having a casual conversation is a huge plus for me since for the first two months all contact was by email.

And now you have a dinner and counceling planned...sounds like positives to me.

Dazed New Thread

Moderated by  Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard