Print Thread
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 12
#160666 07/16/03 03:08 PM
KAW Offline OP
OP Offline
Since the list isn't too large yet, I'll list my previous threads:

Get out of jail FREE!

Emerald City is Great!, but its still not Kansas..

Look out for the landmines ... KABOOM!

Well so long as W doesn't make an attempt to move out, I guess I will remain in this forum and act "as-if" we are still "piecing".

Quoting Dagny:
How about at least a mental vacation? Give yourself a week or two where you will use every visiualation trick you know to stop thinking of the R, and just do ...

I read this on Jethro's thread just after a hectic week that forced me to do just that and despite being so busy, my stress level was way down, because I didn't have time to ponder what W's next move is gonna be. It reminded me of what I did to keep my sanity during the "dark times" last year and that I need to accept that this what I need to do now ... accept that whatever happens ... happens ... so live for today. Be thankful for what I have today and not waste any time thinking about what will happen tomorrow.

Go back to living for now ... live in the moment ... accepting only what my W is willing to offer ... be grateful and appreciative what that is, for I may not even have that tomorrow ... learn to dance in the minefield.

'til later,
KAW

KAW,

Thanks for checking in on me and the sit. I hope you are having a good day and working on giving yourself a mental break. We all can use one from time to time!

Erin

"A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing." -George Bernard Shaw
ANS Offline
Dance in the mindfield...

And DANCE LIKE NO ONE IS WATCHING

Andy
H
Hud Offline
H
Hey KAW - thanks for checking my thread too.

I'm not completely up to speed on your sitch, but I sense you're pretty far down the right DB road.

Is it possible for you to get away by yourself for a long weekend? Go fly fishing or camping somewhere? It's great to get away for a piece and re-charge.

Your commitment is commendable. Your approach will help you keep up that ever-important PMA. All of us have a battle to fight. Just be grateful for the godd things you have too (whether it be health, wealth or simply some time to enjoy the sunshine).

We're here for you to lean on when you need it.

Hud

Our pastor had a sermon on living for today at our Tues.evening get to together by the camp fire...she stressed how we can get so wrapped up in what should be, could be..that we miss what we have right now..today. So I think you are on the right path..If we are content with the way our r are going or should I say maybe the way they are just kinda not doing much of anything, then that should be ok...not the way we would idealy like them to be..but for the here and now maybe it is as good as it gets...so why not enjoy life to the fullest in the waiting period!!!???

Dancing in the minefields could be rather interesting too....

Sue

KAW Offline OP
OP Offline
Erin, HUD, Sue thanks for the support.

Andy, I'd had a vague recollection of seeing a reference to dancing somewhere here before. Thanks for the link again ... its exactly what I was refering to in my post.

I've repeatedly written it so many times on this bb, when you wake up in the morning, ask thyself, "What can I do to make today better than yesterday?". Somehow over the course of the last few months, I had unintentionally changed that so I was indiscreetly asking myself "What I can do tomorrow to make it better than today?", as if that would stop a mine from going KABOOOM. If fact, I became too fixated on preventing the KABOOOM, that I felt paralyzed in the minefield.

Time to get back to making the most of today ... so if that means dancing in the minefield ... so be it!

If she is unhappy with the way her life is ... so be it ... its her problem ... I'll keep dancing.

So if what is going on in her head makes her cold & distant ... so be it ... its her problem ... I'll keep dancing.

If she feels she needs to walk away from this M ... so be it ... its her problem ... I'll keep dancing.

If for the moment, she wants to hold hands ... give me a kiss or hug ... share a loving moment with me ... so be it ... I will revel in sharing the dance with her ... and it will still be her problem.

Lately, I've been dancing more by myself without ask her to dance. Since last weekend, I've notice she's been tapping me on the shoulder more often, asking me if she could have this dance with me.

Yea, I'm back in my metaphorical form. Hope it doesn't annoy you folks too much.

'til later,
KAW

Great attitude, I hope some of your enthusiasm rubs off on me.

Well put, my friend.

Time to stop anticipating the KABOOM, and instead to focus upon living your own life. I like this attitude too.

Live well, Live so W may see that life is worth living. Show her the way to live well. Welcome her to join in.

God bless, good luck!

z

Whoa! You're really up to speed, KAW!

Listening in, can I borrow your plan?

I'll be back soon -- checking in briefly --
big hug and a lemonade in the shade...

Bridget

Hiya KAW,

I'm making my rounds after a long hiatus.

Great analogy!

I swiped a bit for my thread. I hope you don't mind!

Hugs.

PIB
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 12

Moderated by  Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard