Divorcebusting.com
Posted By: Fin831 Wife showing signs of MLC - 09/14/18 09:19 PM
Newbie here. A little about me and my relationship...

Me 39
W 39
T 23 Yrs
S 22
S 20
D 16
All still at home.

Met her 2nd year in high school. Been with her since (except seperated once before at around 20 yrs old for 6 months and she came back). Never M but living together for 23 years. R was average (regular ups and downs) with W putting a bit more effort the majority of time. I did some cheating and she caught me well into my late 20's but matured and never again for the sake of my fam. Love felt strong from her for the most part. Grew mostly together for the most part (have alot in common throughout the R. i.e., Foods, TV Shows, Vacation spots, both Gym rat bodybuilders, both alcohol free, drug free, inseperable).

Never new about MLC until recently.

Fast forward to about 6/2015, I began to neglect my R and even went on to insult my W. =( Not sure if I was starting to have some sort of MLC myself or was simply was wearing myself down with a physical job and going to the gym everyday. I felt irritated and came down with ED, also began getting curious about new adventures, but never had a PA or EA during this time. Never DB'ed her although I would question myself if I still loved her and deep down it was always a "yes, hang in there".

Well, I began to come around and being my old self at around 9/2017 when I had to take a break from the gym due to an injury i had sustained. Everything seemed to start getting better between us, back to our old routine and ways. ED was gone. Irritation was gone.

Then, on thanksgiving 11/2017, I noticed a change in her. Began to suspect a PA or EA. Asked her what was wrong and she wouldnt tell me but would cry.

On 12/17/17, I caught W lieing to me about staying at work extra hours. Later confirmed she was at a dance bar with female co worker, however at confrontation about the lie i received the BD. Said "I Love you, but not the same as before", "I wont fight for your love anymore". Blamed my insult and neglect of the R for feeling this way. Says she held it in for a long time. Says she wasnt mad at me, just didnt love me the same anymore.

We decided to try to work things out. Began going out on dates, everything to try and re-kindle love. Gave her gifts, etc. But I never saw improvement on her part, no affection, no change. Felt I was doing all the work alone. Slowly but surely things began to get worse.

3 months in after BD (3/2018), I asked her if she felt any better? She would cry and say she didn't understand why she was feeling that way but was starting to feel worse. Couldnt explain to me what she was feeling. Began requesting "space" and "time-off" from each other.

By 6/1/2018 I couldnt take it anymore, so I told her if she didnt love me the same anymore she can leave the relationship and walk out on us. She agreed to seperate and no longer be a couple, but she wasnt leaving. Niether was I. We have a 2 yr lease we cannot get out of and neither really has a place they want to go. This is when she began the full blown anger and resentment stage. Waking up looking and acting like the excorcist on some days.

Currently living together but seperated. Since then, I have tried many tactics to win her back with no effect. I tried making her fall back in love (gifts, compliments, compassion, love), despite her anger and resentment. Always wanting to pick a fight.

For a while, I began to go silent. No talking unless she initiated. Seemed to work for a bit as she began conversating more, and even went out with me and my kids to eat. Shared the food with her, had a great time. Carried on to the following day where we worked out together, laughed joked etc. Only to be stonewalled after our workout. She went dead cold. Wall went back up and hated me again. Wasnt sure what I did wrong. Thats when I began to learn about MLC.

Shes been withdrawing further and further ever since. Has always payed attention to my kids, but seems like that is getting worse with time.

Just 2 weeks ago, I decided to go dark as much as I could. Nothing has changed other than her withdrawing further. We are like 2 passing ships at night not saying anything anymore. I use to say good morning, good night. I use to try and conversate with her, but it was more like an interview.

She started buying lots of makeup, new clothes, getting out and doing things she wasnt doing before, buying new creams to look young. She recently started seeking out old high school friends.

Shes never really lived a party life, doesnt like to drink, never really had circle of friends (dedicated wife with a good job, but bad influence divorced coworkers). I did suspect a PA or EA with coworker, but never found concrete.

She shows multiple signs of an MLC...I sure hope she snaps out of it soon. I try not to get caught up in the whole timeline thing as I know each person and R is different, but I'm starting to wonder what are my chances she comes back. How much more damage is she going to cause? From most of what I have read on here, it seems most of the cases were 2+ yrs. Im 9 months in since BD and can't even imagine what 2 years of this would feel like. = /

It [censored] dealing with this on a daily basis. I havent fully detached, but there are good days (where i feel detached) and bad days (where here actions affect me). Slowly but surely, I am also closing a few doors (financially) on her. Everything has been her way as of now, but I have to start setting boundaries. Im a bit nervous as I know this may cause an argument.

Seems like most who post here are either still waiting or moved on. I assume thats partly because those who reconcile probably dont come back to post their success??

Thanks for the support. Glad I found this forum. Good info.
Posted By: Cadet Re: Wife showing signs of MLC - 09/14/18 09:27 PM

Welcome to this board.

The first thing you should do is be sure to read the Divorce Remedy book by MWD,
Divorce Busting is also an excellent book.
http://www.mcssl.com/store/mwdtc2014/
http://divorcebusting.com/sample_book_chapters.htm

Michele's articles
http://www.divorcebusting.com/articles.htm

Keep this to yourself. DO NOT share this book or this site at all with your spouse. It is your playbook and not to be shared with the "opposing" team.

It is important to clear the search/browsing history from your computer on a daily basis to prevent the possibility for your WAS to stumble on the DB site and discover your posts here on DB. Erasing the search history will protect your posts and you as well.

Sorry you are here but you will meet some wonderful people here and get some great advice.

You may be on moderation now, post in small frequent replies and stay on this thread until you reach 100 posts (for your thread, you can also post on other peoples threads to give support)

I have read a good deal of books on the subject and can give you some suggestions when you are ready.

Take the parts of this advice that you need and don't worry if I have repeated something that you have already done.

I will give you a bunch of homework assignments to read.

This POST is under reconstruction and we will be working on this as time goes by, this is the most current version.

I would start with the going dark link.
http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=50956#Post50956

Abbreviations
http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2553153#Post2553153

Detachment thread
http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2537289#Post2537289

Resources thread(last post only)
http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2592296#Post2592296

Things you should know as the LBS
http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2701017#Post2701017

Stages of the LBS
http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1964990&page=1

Validation
http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=191764#Post191764

Doormat Tactics
http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1942444#Post1942444

Standing vs leaving
http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1966340&page=1

Pursuit and Distance
http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2483574#Post2483574

Musings from AmyC
http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2253741#Post2253741

MLC Signs
http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2177869#Post2177869

The Final Stages Withdrawal to Acceptance
http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2074403&page=1

WAS showing you positive signs? WAIT - READ THIS!
http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2772942#Post2772942

Now you have all the tools to read. Let us know how your doing and if you have any questions.

I suggest that you read the entire thread in the resources.
You can also pick out some people and read their whole story.

Depression is the key to the whole thing and it is always present!

Believe none of what he/she says and 50% of what he/she does.

I would not ask him/her anything unless you can have no expectations.
Sometimes asking them questions will be thought of as pressure.
You do not want to do anything that can be thought of by your H/W as controlling or pressure.

Lets not worry about him/her. Lets work on you!
Start your homework assignments.
Something to DO while you are on moderation.
GAL.
Eat, sleep, exercise and take a deep breath.
In general take care of your self first.

Detach the single most important thing to DO.

Your H/W has given you a gift
THE GIFT OF TIME
use it wisely

Knowledge is Power - Sir Francis Bacon
Posted By: Fin831 The importance of getting through a MLC - 09/14/18 09:33 PM
Just wondering if anyone knows or what they think is more important in getting out of the tunnel...

The time? or the actions?

Is it mostly the time that passes that takes an MLCer out of MLC?

or is their faulty actions that pushes them further along?

In other words, can an MLCer get through an MLC with minimal damage but be in MLC for a good amount of time?

Or the more the MLCer screws up and realizes it, the more he gets through?

Just curious. I figure, if an MLCer trips and falls forward fast, she/he may get through it quicker. Or is it just the "time" that you have to allow in order for the fog in their minds to clear regardless of their actions?

Posted By: Fin831 Retrouvaille - 09/14/18 09:40 PM
Any LBS or Seperated W/H have success with a S in MLC and went to retrouvaille?

I was recommended by a family member as it saved his marriage, yet I don't think his W was in MLC. I just figure MLC is a bit tougher to tackle and a totally different animal, where talking from anyone is hardly any help.

Wondering if I suggest my W to go.
Posted By: Cadet Re: The importance of getting through a MLC - 09/14/18 09:42 PM
Originally Posted by Fin831
Just wondering if anyone knows or what they think is more important in getting out of the tunnel...

Could be either or both

In other words, can an MLCer get through an MLC with minimal damage but be in MLC for a good amount of time?

Or the more the MLCer screws up and realizes it, the more he gets through?

Just curious. I figure, if an MLCer trips and falls forward fast, she/he may get through it quicker. Or is it just the "time" that you have to allow in order for the fog in their minds to clear regardless of their actions?

There is no getting through it quick.
There are no magic buttons or easy buttons to press.
This is more than a marathon and definitely not a sprint.

Best to stop rubbernecking at the scene of the accident and worry about the only person you have any control over

YOU
Posted By: Fin831 Re: The importance of getting through a MLC - 09/14/18 09:56 PM
Thanks cadet. I figured there is no concrete answer. I was just curious to see what most people thought.
Posted By: Cadet Re: Wife showing signs of MLC - 09/14/18 10:32 PM
Originally Posted by Cadet

You may be on moderation now, post in small frequent replies and stay on this thread until you reach 100 posts (for your thread, you can also post on other peoples threads to give support)

Please stick to one thread all these threads make this very confusing to follow
Posted By: Cadet Re: Wife showing signs of MLC - 09/14/18 10:47 PM
Any LBS or Seperated W/H have success with a S in MLC and went to retrouvaille?

I was recommended by a family member as it saved his marriage, yet I don't think his W was in MLC. I just figure MLC is a bit tougher to tackle and a totally different animal, where talking from anyone is hardly any help.

Wondering if I suggest my W to go.

Here is at least one other thread about this and it links to some others

http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1949434#Post1949434

Personally I don't think asking her is a good idea.
Posted By: marina7 Re: Wife showing signs of MLC - 09/15/18 03:06 AM
Fin,
Sorry you are here but Welcome to New world of MLC.

I see your story alot like mines.
I did have a EA I even flew out to see the EA but never acted on it.
It was weird now that I read stories I see I was in a MLC I don't remember nothing
From 2014 till beginning of 2016 but I had a death experience I had a seizure
abd woke up in hospital was in como for 2 days W told me she thought she lost me

I blame myself for a long time but with great advice here I realized is not your fault.
Nothing you could have done differently this would had happened with
You or without you. Unfortunately there's no yes or no answer to if W will
snap out of it. Only time will tell.

Just get lots of rest, go to therapy and be the best dad in the world and be
the W fell in love with.

I am going on 1yr 6 months and it feels like 10yrs already. Is dragging but
I finally stop analyzing W process. I finally started living life without W
Is freaking hard I won't lie to you. Get as much support you can.

Not sure your religious but there is divorce groups and divorce groups 4 kids.
I go once a week with kids. I go to therapy,

Remember you will have bad days as good days what I realized is.
That is ok to cry, is ok to have a bad day is ok to feel broken as
long you can over come it.

It will take you a while as you read my thread I have my days there's days
I give up on W there's days I am willing to stand but there's days
that I ask myself can we overcome this. You will have many emotions
And is ok to feel that way. You are mourning your W.

So get plenty of rest, protect your finances and take care of yourself first
W is in her world and if you remember MLC world is crazy I hardly remember
mines is like 2yrs past me and boom I realized I loved my W so much. So let her go
Posted By: job Re: Wife showing signs of MLC - 09/15/18 01:26 PM
Fin831,

I have put in a request to have you taken off of moderation. It may take a couple of days for this action to take place, so please be patient. Also, I agree with Cadet, please stick to one thread until you reach 100 postings/replies.

There is no quick fix for the MLCer. They have to go completely through the crisis or they will eventually have another one that will begin where the last one left off. If this happens, it will be far worse the second time around. We all go through life transitions and if a person does not complete the life's transition properly, they will be set up for a crisis later on in life. MLC's main ingredient is depression. It's about childhood issues, issues that stunted their emotional growth sometime as a child/early teen. It could be any number of childhood issues, for example, abuse of any kind, parents not validating and recognizing them for their accomplishments, bullying by a parent or an authority figure, etc.

If you sit and just listen to what they are saying, you can actually sift through the MLC mumbo jumbo and figure out what they are really trying to say. Right now, you are in the early stages and it's going to take a while for things to settle down just a wee bit. Get plenty of rest, find GAL activities to help you get your mind off of what she's doing and one thing for sure, dig deep for patience. This is not a sprint...but a marathon.

One last thing...do not try to tell her what is wrong w/her. She does not want you doing this because, in her mind, there's nothing wrong w/her except that she's not happy w/her life, relationship and you. This is her journey and one that she needs to complete in order to hopefully come out the other side a whole, mature woman.

Keep the focus on you.

Posted By: peacetoday Re: Wife showing signs of MLC - 09/15/18 02:12 PM
Fin
It is tough to understand in the beginning
as with all things, we learn more over time

If it is MLC
You may notice
they usually dress different
buy expensive new toys
neglect the kids a bit
become self absorbed
might notice drinking where there was none
maybe a tattoo, hair change, hanging with younger crowd

We can focus on us and the kids
the kids need a stable available parent
we can get rest and sleep, eat well, therapy, support groups, church or Gym
or whatever grounds us meditation yoga ect

they usually spend a lot of money so keep a strong eye on the credit cards that have your name on them
they usually have affair partners

There is no easy fix here
it takes a lot of time
We wait it out especially in the beginning to see if there is improvement
sometimes people do reconcile
so its worth a bit of time to see which direction she goes
If she seeks therapy on her own this may help
usually MLC is unresolved childhood issues-

hang in there
Posted By: DnJ Re: Wife showing signs of MLC - 09/16/18 03:45 PM
Hello Fin831.

Welcome. There are many kind and compassionate people here with much hard earned wisdom. This is a safe place to ask questions, vent, or just journal your thoughts - posting real does help.

I sense that you already know that nothing you do will help her along her path, and that you need to focus on yourself and adult children. However until we get a certain level of understanding it is hard to look away, there are questions that seem to need answers. I understand.

Time or actions.

In my opinion the MLCer does not see their actions as faulty, they are doing what they believe to be right, their only choice left to them, what they are driven to do.

As time progresses, and with the space you give her, your W may calm down, may see moments of her life in a different light. Eventually may even question the path she is on, just as much as she questioned her life before which lead to BD.

So with time the MLCer actions can be revealed to themselves - maybe.

This takes time, no way around it. The faultiness of their actions, or the degree of wrongness does not matter, most have affairs, some do not, both are just as stuck in the mess that is MLC. Those faulty actions are just them running from their pain, they really mean very little.

So mostly time. When and if they awaken then their actions, and the degree of, will play a larger part.

A very interesting question. I hope to hear from you soon.

DnJ
© DivorceBusting.com