Divorcebusting.com
Posted By: kas99 He left 2 months ago-want hope - 05/31/19 05:29 PM
He left 2 months saying he wants a divorce. I’m mentally ill which is why he left. I was in treatment but stupid me didn’t want to take any more pills. Right after he left I thought well I’m going to need that anti depressant now. I knew I was depressed but overall I felt ok and was managing. Any a funny thing happened I felt amazing!! My kids noticed and told my husband. This was early on when he was still angry. I should mention we’ve been together for 30 years and have 3 teenagers. In the beginning of month 2 I stupidly tried to give him an alimony. I came to my senses and agreed to his offer (on the phone, nothing signed). He was happy with me. I asked for a 2nd chance citing my new med and what a difference it had made. He said solidly no but did say he was curious. A week ago we had to see each other for kids awards and graduation. I asked again for another chance (I will not ask again). This time he at least didn’t snap at me. I got a shaky maybe. Talked to him on the phone later and said if the answer is no please tell me. Don’t give me false hope or lead me on. This time I got a more sincere sounding maybe.

He’s miserable because our kids have kinda disowned him. One won’t talk to him at all. He sends desperate texts, flowers, cards and she doesn’t care. She’s done unless he comes home. This is our 16 year old daughter.

Signs that might be positive.

Sends pointless texts
Gives me money and $200 for my birthday (doesn’t have to do either)
Wonders where I’m going if he sees me out
Hasn’t filed despite us agreeing (btw once I backed down he offered me more). We don’t have much to agree on.
Will answer texts and calls (rare because I don’t do this)
Is mean when I pressure him. Nice when I don’t. I don’t now. Giving him lots of space
Texts me for advice (random text)

It’s too soon for last resort but I will do it. Right now I’m doing kind of a gray. Wait to answer. Give short answers. I’m struggling with those. If he smells a hint of manipulation he runs. Mostly we don’t text much so this is a non issue.

I’m ok with divorce if thats what he wants. Since the kids hate him they (at least 2) will stay with me. Kids keep me busy and happy. I want my husband back yes but that’s not up to me and I know I’m the reason he left.

Is there any hope?
Posted By: Cadet Re: He left 2 months ago-want hope - 05/31/19 05:44 PM
Welcome to the board

Sorry you are here but you will meet some wonderful people here and get some great advice.

Yes first thing you should do is be sure to read the Divorce Remedy (DR) book by MWD
http://www.mcssl.com/store/mwdtc2014/
http://divorcebusting.com/sample_book_chapters.htm

and Michele's articles
http://www.divorcebusting.com/articles.htm

You may be on moderation now, post in small frequent replies and stay on this thread until you reach 100 posts
(for your thread, you can also post on other peoples threads to give support).
Especially on this Newcomers forum, where the posting activity is very active,
and your posts can quickly fall to the bottom of the page or even several pages down.
Keep journaling and asking questions - people will come!
Most important - POST!

Get out and Get a Life (GAL).

DETACH.

Believe none of what he or she says and half of what he/she does.

Have NO EXPECTATIONS.

Take care of yourself, breathe, eat, sleep, exercise.

Take the parts of this advice that you need and don't worry if I have repeated something that you have already done.

Here are a few links to threads that will help you immensely:

I would start with Sandi's Rules
A list of dos and don'ts for the LBS (left behind spouse)
http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2553072#Post2553072

Going Dark
http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=50956#Post5095

Detachment thread
http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2538414#Post2538414

Validation Cheat Sheet: Techniques and tips on how to validate (showing your walk away spouse (WAS) that you recognize and accept his or her opinions as valid, even if you do not agree with them)
http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2457566#Post2457566

Boundaries Cheat Sheet
http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2536096#Post2536096

Abbreviations
http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2553153#Post2553153

For Newcomer LBH with a Wayward Wife by sandi2
http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2545554#Post2545554

Resource thread
http://www.divorcebusting.com/forum...ain=57819&Number=2578224#Post2578224

Stages of the LBS
http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1964990&page=1

Validation
http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=191764#Post191764

Pursuit and Distance
http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2483574#Post2483574

The Lighthouse Story
http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2484619#Post2484619

Your H or W is giving you a GIFT.
THE GIFT OF TIME.
USE it wisely.

Knowledge is Power - Sir Francis Bacon
Posted By: Cadet Re: He left 2 months ago-want hope - 05/31/19 06:02 PM
Is there any hope?

There is always hope.

I am sorry that you are having issues.
How long have you had those problems?

Keep working on those.

I think you really could benefit from reading the pursuit and distance thread, with the link above.

Keep Posting
Posted By: kas99 Re: He left 2 months ago-want hope - 05/31/19 06:12 PM
Just now I screwed up. I’m learning. I predicted his first text would be about mowing the lawn. We are in a rental and the lease isn’t up until November 1. The few times he’s seen me I’ve been happy. I’ve got the kids and my life is full. My kids and I have gotten so much more closer. He is miserable and yeah this makes me happy.

Ok where I screwed up. He asked about the lawn. I said yes it needs it. He then asked about a bill and ugh I did this suck up thing. I won’t do that anymore. It’s all business from now on.
Posted By: kas99 Re: He left 2 months ago-want hope - 06/01/19 12:11 AM
Those 2 texts as usual upset me. I think I need to go dark until I pull myself together. I was doing okay for the week I didn't hear from him. These random texts mess with my head. Done with school, awards ceremonies and high school graduation. There really isn't any need for communication right now. If he files he can send the papers to my attorney.

I understand why he wants to divorce me.

Did anyone give a 2nd chance because of kids? Our 16 year old daughter isn't going to speak to him anytime soon. She's going to be one of those kids who won't talk to him for years.
Posted By: Cadet Re: He left 2 months ago-want hope - 06/01/19 12:33 AM
Originally Posted by kas99
I understand why he wants to divorce me.

Did anyone give a 2nd chance because of kids? Our 16 year old daughter isn't going to speak to him anytime soon. She's going to be one of those kids who won't talk to him for years.

You understand what he has said?

Breaks #1 rule to believe nothing he says and half of what he does.

I doubt the kids will have much effect.
Your trying to think about this logically and normal logic does not work.
Posted By: kas99 Re: He left 2 months ago-want hope - 06/01/19 02:09 AM
What he has said? I’m grateful for this forum. True he has said things that aren’t true. What he does is confusing. I’m confused.

What do I do besides logic?

I’m good with the kids not making a difference. Means I get them full time. His loss.

It was just wishful thinking.
Posted By: kas99 Re: He left 2 months ago-want hope - 06/01/19 06:11 PM
I wish people who posted here would come back and give the rest of the story. You read these long threads and then it just ends. Did they divorce and no need to come back? Probable reason I guess.

You know it's hard not to think about my husband right now. Its a gorgeous day, a day where we'd normally be out doing something. I wonder what he is doing. I know I shouldn't. My kids say he is unhappy. Does not mean he will come back though. His unhappiness is temporary the same as mine is.

Sometimes I have these strange gut feelings that this isn't over. Time is on my side right? Then I remember how angry he was when he left. He's still angry. He said he'd consider giving me a 2nd chance but don't believe what he says. He said he needed time.
Posted By: SteveLW Re: He left 2 months ago-want hope - 06/01/19 06:42 PM
kas, hang in there. There is always a chance. I like to tell LBSs that talk about how little there is of a chance of their WAS changing their mind that it already happened once.

The WAS stood before God, church, and friends and committed to their spouse. But at some point changed their mind. If it happened once, it can happen again.
Posted By: 97Hope Re: He left 2 months ago-want hope - 06/02/19 12:50 AM
kas,

I suffered from major depression for most of my life. After EMDR and a good counselor and a lot of prayer I have not had any issues in 2 years!! I say that because how I was able to get to where I am is that I took the bull by the horns and got help for myself. My H BD was the thing I guess I needed to get to the bottom of it. I had tried to get help before (meds for 7 yrs. different therapists..etc.) but when it didn't help, I'd give up. When H BD I realized that it was down to me and I couldn't rely on him anymore for anything. Security, happiness, comfort...nothing! So emotionally I am in a fantastic place now.

I hear you going back and forth like a wave tossed in the ocean as you write. What helped me was not trying to figure it out and not basing what I would do based on his emotions. For instance, if H wants a divorce, that doesn't mean that I want one, too. If he decides to return, that doesn't mean that I am in a position to take him back. My life cannot revolve around what he does/says. Period. I'm no vet here, but I've read the books and am walking this out. One thing I have learned is that I need to be a rock right now because a ML spouse or WAS is flying off the rails and someone needs to be steady.

All my best to you. I'm sorry you are here. Take one day at a time and don't forget to breath. Very important ; )
Posted By: AnotherStander Re: He left 2 months ago-want hope - 06/03/19 02:50 PM
I wish people who posted here would come back and give the rest of the story. You read these long threads and then it just ends. Did they divorce and no need to come back? Probable reason I guess.

People come here because they are confused and spinning and don't know what to do. Eventually they regain control of their life and no longer feel the need for the support system here so they quietly drop off. Sometimes we will hear back a year or two later and many of those people that drop off the radar do end up reconciling later. Some end up divorced, and some end up with the WAS begging them to take them back but they no longer want them. We can't predict your outcome but the beauty of DB'ing is if you embrace it and follow the principals then you will end up a winner no matter whether you reconcile or not.
Posted By: kas99 Re: He left 2 months ago-want hope - 06/04/19 01:00 AM
Steve I've known my husband for 30 years. I'm on new meds (something has changed). He said he would consider trying again he just needed time. As much as I'd love to have him home I have to admit I need time too. I'm not well enough (yet) to be a good wife. I know this. I've changed a lot in 2 months and imagine I will continue to surprise myself. I make mistakes and I learn from them. My gut says he will try again...at least once to avoid regret. Now if I wasn't on new meds that would be a big fat NO. He said to me "how do I know things won't go back to the way they were?" I won't put my life on hold though. I've got kids to take care of. This just [censored].

Hope I'm learning to rely on myself. It's hard but yes rewarding I will say that. I look around the house, at my kids, at myself and I think...I did this. On my own.

Another stander I need to buy the book. There are several which one is good to start with?
Posted By: kas99 Re: He left 2 months ago-want hope - 06/04/19 01:35 AM
One more thing. I am not very patient. I've read everything online probably 5 times (I'm a researcher). I'm generalizing here. Many separations last 4-6 months before trying to reconcile. This timeline feels right given our situation. He's not the type of man to sit around for 1-2 years in limbo. Once he calms down and is able to make a rational decision he will make it. I've known him for 30 years and I can't just unknow that.

My point is I'm going to have to be patient.
Posted By: dillydaf Re: He left 2 months ago-want hope - 06/04/19 06:49 AM
I think you are going to have to be even more patient than you might imagine. My H is about the most decisive person I know. We're now 9 months post BD and him moving out, and really I don't see this resolving either way any time soon. There just is no average timeline, it takes as long as it takes unless you're willing to go for D. I too would have said there's no way my H would be waiting this long but these things are super complicated and you need a lot of time for things to calm down and to reconnect. I say to my IC that our M took decades to get to this point and you can't expect to repair it in a short timeframe.
Patience gets easier the longer you wait in a way, acceptance is key here. I used to count the months which had gone past and get anxious about how long it had been. Now I count the months and shrug my shoulders and think there could be more to come. In the meantime you just need to live your life and work on yourself.
Posted By: ovrrnbw Re: He left 2 months ago-want hope - 06/04/19 03:07 PM
Kas,

when you consider the nature of these situations, I doubt there is much good date out there. I wouldn't even worry about those timelines. You should make your own timeline called be the best you and live life to the fullest every day. The timeline starts now.
Posted By: kas99 Re: He left 2 months ago-want hope - 06/04/19 06:04 PM
Thing is we are in a rental house and the lease is up November 1 and he’s living in our camper. There isn’t anyone else. He’s sick as a dog and miserable. My kids told me this. He’s not happy. He might be couch surfing too but he can’t get his own place until we move out of the rental house. Neither of us can afford it. He pays all my bills and gives me plenty of spending money. This is just the oddest arrangement. We’ve discussed us moving once the lease is up. If he does that then we’re done. 5 months. Five. 7 total by this time.

It would be cruel to uproot our 3 kids unless he was 100% sure this is what he wants. There is no house to sell we can move in October.
Posted By: dillydaf Re: He left 2 months ago-want hope - 06/04/19 06:57 PM
October/November is still a long way away. Protect yourself financially as much as you can and get on with your life and look after your kids. That's all you can do right now. He sounds miserable and not in a state to be relying on to make sensible decisions, TBH.
Posted By: kas99 Re: He left 2 months ago-want hope - 06/04/19 07:03 PM
He could keep the status quo going indefinitely I guess. That means I’m in limbo whether I like it or not. I have zero choice but to wait. I can’t move because I can’t afford it on my own. We’ve agreed on a settlement that will allow me the basics of life. I could file but I won’t. If he stopped paying I would have to take him to court of course but I don’t have to file.
Posted By: kas99 Re: He left 2 months ago-want hope - 06/04/19 07:38 PM
Please tell me I’m not the one going nuts from not knowing. I’m 99.99% sure he hasn’t filed. He wanted this yesterday. Unless he needs financial records that I have it’s a what a 2 page hey I want a divorce thing?
Posted By: 97Hope Re: He left 2 months ago-want hope - 06/04/19 07:51 PM
Hi Kas, you are not nuts, it's a very hard thing to stand during limbo. What everyone on here will tell you is to GAL (get a life). Focus on you and the kids, detach, take care of yourself. Read the first post you wrote with all the links until you get your book. Read some other stories here and see what has worked for them/not worked and implement what you know to be good for you and your sitch.

You will not go crazy if you take one day at a time. Thinking out and making a plan with a WAH is like trying to build a sandcastle in a rainstorm. Pointless. Try and do the best you can with what you can control. YOU. That's it right now. As you focus on what you can do, you will feel your self-control grow and confidence build. When it comes closer, you can start to explore your housing options, but right now if you zero in on that, you have the chance to spin out of control in your brain. It's too much. It's a ways off.

Take a deep breath and figure out what you absolutely MUST do today to take care of yourself and kids. I'm sorry you are here, but you are definitely not alone.
Posted By: kas99 Re: He left 2 months ago-want hope - 06/04/19 10:53 PM
Dilly he’s paying all the bills plus gives me support. I’m saving as much of it as I can. It’s not guaranteed so he could stop paying at anytime.

Hope I keep wanting to know whether he will move us at the end of the lease which is stupid because yes it’s far away. He said he was a month ago but don’t believe a word he says. Ugh.

The book is on its way.

I hate not being in control. I feel like I am spinning. I know what works so far. NC unless he contacts me first. Then it’s one word answers. I get sucked in sometimes but I’m working on that. I hear from him about once a week. I think it would be a few more but there are only so many pointless texts he can send right now. We’ve discussed everything and We have teenagers. He’s got no reason to contact me at all. Just mow the grass while I’m at work or hire someone to do it. This is his weekly text right now. He’s got plenty of friends who would do it cheaply.
Posted By: kas99 Re: He left 2 months ago-want hope - 06/04/19 11:02 PM
By more I mean ONE more. Used to get a text every 4 days now it’s 7.
Posted By: kas99 Re: He left 2 months ago-want hope - 06/06/19 10:34 PM
I’m having a bad day. How am I going to do this? I feel like he will get a nice house while I’m in a crappy apartment and the kids will all live with him. I get the whole GAL thing and logically I know I’ll be ok. Pretending I’m fine in front of the kids is hard sometimes. I have them all until the lease is up in October and that’s assuming he wants to move on with his life. You know the life where I’m not in it.

I’m the reason he is divorcing me so in my pity party I think I deserve this. I’m pathetic.
Posted By: 97Hope Re: He left 2 months ago-want hope - 06/07/19 02:54 AM
You don't deserve any of this. Pity party is ok, but put a timer on it. I usually give myself 15 minutes or so, if I feel I must. But then it's back to life and figuring out what works for me.

When you can stop looking out to the future, your mind will calm down. I'm sorry it's so hard right now. Won't always be this way. You don't know what the future holds and that is scary!! But you really have never known, right? And control? That is an illusion. Except that you can control YOU. And that's where you have to start.

All of those possibilities are not known right now and that can cause fear and anxiety for sure, if you continue to think on those, what will staying in those thoughts accomplish?

You WILL be ok. I hope you are able to focus on now. It's hard, but you can do it. You owe it to yourself to find peace in this storm. Listening to sermons helps me. IDK if you are a person of faith but that is what helps me tremendously.

You are not alone in this. I'm so sorry you are here, but you are surrounded by many people who have been exactly where you are right now and are thriving.
Posted By: kas99 Re: He left 2 months ago-want hope - 06/07/19 11:06 PM
Hope I can't stop not yet. I can't stop coming up with scenarios. We're in a rental house and the lease is up in 5 months. He can't get his own place until we move out of here. He could keep us here for years I guess. He pays all the bills and child support while he lives a life free and clear of any responsibilities. He's not happy I hear and misses the kids. Until he gets his own place the kids won't visit him. I don't see him dragging this out much beyond when the lease ends. 5 months. I should have an inkling of whether we are truly done in 5 months.
Posted By: kas99 Re: He left 2 months ago-want hope - 06/08/19 01:42 AM
Oh and for much as I whine I'm not ready to R. Its too soon. If he came back now I'd do the same things I did before and he'd leave again. I've come a long long way in 2 months but it's not enough time. He may never come back but if he does I'll be a healthier person. If he doesn't come back I'll be a healthier person.

I need to learn to be alone, to sit with bad feelings, to stop trying to control everything (like I am now), how to make myself happy, I need to GAL that doesn't involve me sucking the life out of my husband, etc. This process is very very painful.

Reconciliation math:

I'm a numbers person. I scoured the internet looking for what my odds are of reconciling (I need some hope). It says 87% divorce after separating which is true but it's not the whole story. Here is the real math. 50% of couples who separate will try again but only 10% of those will be successful. The 10% is what is all over the internet which is depressing. Makes it sound like only 10% reconcile but it's simply not true.

The reason only 10% make it is because many couples never fix what caused the separation in the first place. If I am given the gift of R I'd like to be ready for it. Sadly I don't think there is any rhyme or reason as to who ends up in the good 50%.
Posted By: CanBird Re: He left 2 months ago-want hope - 06/08/19 11:13 AM
Hi kas99. I'm new here, and have read your thread. Never thought I'd be on a forum like this, but I guess we all have that in common.

I don't have a wealth of knowledge to offer other than what we all know. Take things one day at a time and focus on the things we have control over. Whatever the outcome is, you made some very good points about what you need to do for yourself and that is something you do have control over.

My favorite number is 3. Thought I'd share that smile
Posted By: kas99 Re: He left 2 months ago-want hope - 06/08/19 02:22 PM
Canbird I'd like to say I never thought I'd be here but that would be a lie. I've screwed up a lot over the 28 years we've been married. He ran out of patience, I got a job and he ended it. I'd been a homemaker for 15 years so the job was necessary.

I have hope because he thought leaving would solve all his problems. That he'd be happier without me and while that might be true he didn't count on our kids disowning him. It's possible he will save himself over them and that's his choice. He won't come back for them but he might be willing to try again because of them. What he doesn't know is his window of opportunity with our 16 year old is slim. Look up INFJ door slam. She's already moving on (not talking to him or seeing him) but is willing to forgive him if he makes an effort to fix this. At some point that door will close and I will factor that into what I do. Our other kids aren't like her. She's overly sensitive and I won't put her through any more trauma. R is brutal enough but doing that after he's been gone a year? No. Our other kids will just go back and forth like millions of other kids whose parents split up. They will adapt. She won't.

I'm working hard to heal but it won't take a year. I'm not that screwed up since I got a new med that fixed my depression. I say give me 4-6 months tops.
Posted By: kas99 Re: He left 2 months ago-want hope - 06/08/19 03:20 PM
Here is what messes with my head. School is out, our son graduated high school, I felt free because I wouldn't have to see him until we moved. Won't be until another 2 years for another graduation. Day before last he came here and needed to see our youngest. Ok. He said send her out. Got it. What I didn't know was that she was in the shower. I texted him back and told him this. 2 seconds later he knocked on the door. Drat. Just go away already. Later he texted me to give an update. Um you fired me right? I didn't answer.
Posted By: kas99 Re: He left 2 months ago-want hope - 07/02/19 02:46 PM
Haven't talked to him in 2 weeks. He kept texting to ask if he could mow the grass which is great and all but it felt like a no win situation. If I say "ok" I'm upset (true - long story). If I say "thanks" it's manipulative which it is. I tried expressing appreciation but it was a lie. I don't appreciate it. I don't appreciate any of this. Like someone else told me this is now a business transaction. If this were a business transaction I would end this which I did. I told him I appreciate it but he could just mow the yard without asking permission. That was the end of that and I'm happy with it.

He mowed the yard yesterday (while I wasn't there) without asking me first. That's good. He then came IN the house. He hasn't done that in 3 months. It's like I have the plague and my germs are everywhere. Yes it bothers me. I feel like this was a temperature check until he finds another reason to text me. People here say it's not because it's been 2 weeks. He could have found a reason to contact me which is true.

Overall I know none of this matters. Can't trust anything he says and half of what he does. He still hasn't file despite him wanting this to be done quickly.
Posted By: kas99 Re: He left 2 months ago-want hope - 07/02/19 03:04 PM
What worries me is he has no reason to come back. He left because of me. Obviously everyone says kids won't factor into his decision nor will money. I think he's just biding his time until the lease is up. My 13 year old is sick of living in limbo too. I had nothing to do with this and I just found out but she's been pushing him to get off the fence. She's like if we're moving lets move NOW before school starts. She has a point. Originally this was what I wanted too but now of course I'm staying out of it. If we move during school than that's on him. She complains that he isn't doing anything and knows if he gets a permanent place to live then we won't be in limbo anymore.

My 16 year old said the same thing that the waiting is the hardest part.
Posted By: ovrrnbw Re: He left 2 months ago-want hope - 07/03/19 01:18 PM
Hi Kas,

he is as confused as you are. Don't get too worried about anything he says or does. Just stop pursuing him so the pressure is off. Take this time to make yourself a better, stronger person.

For now, the grass is just the grass. He cut it? Great. If it bothers you so much, you can always cut it yourself right?
Posted By: kas99 Re: He left 2 months ago-want hope - 07/04/19 01:21 AM
I stopped pursuing him within a week of him leaving. He was so mean that I lost interest in touching the hot stove again. Guess this was a blessing. I’m already struggling as a single mom so I’m grateful this is one thing off my plate. Some days I’m drowning trying to do it all by myself. Engineering project? Sure. College applications and registration. Again me. Invite all your friends over? The more the merrier. I’ll make homemade pizza because you know gotta save up for that new apartment or attorney fees.

Other than moments of sadness I am a better stronger person than I was 3 months ago. I became strong because my kids need at least one parent. I got better because you know wake up call.

My posts here reflect what I’m feeling at the moment. Today I’m ok. Staying up all night with my kids to watch the premiere of stranger things season 3. I am an awesome mom now. I wasn’t before he left. I’m proud of myself.
Posted By: Destroyd Re: He left 2 months ago-want hope - 07/04/19 04:14 PM
I stopped pursuing him within a week of him leaving. He was so mean that I lost interest in touching the hot stove again. Guess this was a blessing. I’m already struggling as a single mom so I’m grateful this is one thing off my plate. Some days I’m drowning trying to do it all by myself. Engineering project? Sure. College applications and registration. Again me. Invite all your friends over? The more the merrier. I’ll make homemade pizza because you know gotta save up for that new apartment or attorney fees.

Other than moments of sadness I am a better stronger person than I was 3 months ago. I became strong because my kids need at least one parent. I got better because you know wake up call.

My posts here reflect what I’m feeling at the moment. Today I’m ok. Staying up all night with my kids to watch the premiere of stranger things season 3. I am an awesome mom now. I wasn’t before he left. I’m proud of myself.

You should be proud of yourself. I am stronger now too, but I have setbacks every day. But everyday I keep getting stronger and stronger. I am becoming an even better person, and I am slowly learning to create my own happiness. I have focused so much of my life creating a happy family that I forgot how to make myself happy outside the family. This is a real struggle for me, but I am working on it every day.

Keep up the good work. Your kids do need a strong mom!!
Posted By: kas99 Re: He left 2 months ago-want hope - 07/05/19 02:15 AM
Stayed up until 7am to watch an entire season of stranger things. Before he left? Would never have done this because was too focused on HIM that I forgot I was a mom too. I’ve had major setbacks but thankfully the universe stepped in before I did something incredibly stupid. There are triggers and moments when I want to text something important then I remember we aren’t together anymore. 30 years together and now I’m here where I thought I’d never be.
Posted By: kas99 Re: He left 2 months ago-want hope - 07/06/19 04:53 PM
Strange thing is i have a 50% chance he will try again. Men come back more than women. We have 30 years of history, he will be fine financially but not for another 3 years, he loves his kids and is distraught over them. I think limbo is the hardest part. The kids have also said waiting is the worst part. Once he decides we will have to move.

I believe he is on the fence because of what the kids have told me. He can’t figure out how to cut me out and have the kids still like him. He thought they’d support his decision because I’m “crazy”. Instead they chose me.
Posted By: CanBird Re: He left 2 months ago-want hope - 07/07/19 05:49 PM
Hi Kas. Just wanted to reach out again to a fellow mom & say you're doing great. (I'm watching Stranger Things S3 too; no spoilers please! ..lol.. just me watching my d is 3).

Nice to find another mom on here. Unfortunately we're here. I too struggle with a H sitch. My bathroom mirror has inspirational quotes all over it to help bring me up. A lot of them I've pulled from this site.

I've always been a "live one day at a time" kind of person. Feel free to lean on another momma if you need it. This forum is the only place I truly share. What gets you through the rough moments? How is it with older kids?
Posted By: kas99 Re: He left 2 months ago-want hope - 07/09/19 12:21 PM
My teenagers help me get through rough spots. All three of them have taken on these roles within our new family to survive the most horrific thing any of us has been through. My 16 year old daughter has disowned him (this is killing him). She clings to me and we spend a lot of time together now. My 19 year old son is the wise one, the truth teller, keeps me grounded in the moment. My 13 year old daughter is sick of limbo so she pushes my husband daily to get off the fence by forcing him to find a permanent place. Her child logic is once he commits to that we will know what our future holds. I can’t tell her any different because it will get back to him and then he takes it out on her.

Divorce with older kids is a risk. My husband didn’t see that they would essentially disown him. 2 barely see him (their choice) and 1 won’t talk to him at all. He pursues her a lot. Yesterday he sent her this huge bouquet of flowers and a card. hey I’m sorry I walked out on you here’s some flowers. She sees him as pathetic and stupid. She’s done and he isn’t getting it. The more he pushes the further away she goes. She’s done unless he comes back.
Posted By: kas99 Re: He left 2 months ago-want hope - 07/09/19 12:36 PM
Once he gets a permanent place we will have to move. If he goes to the trouble of splitting us all up and putting us in crappy apartments. He’s done
Posted By: kas99 Re: He left 2 months ago-want hope - 07/13/19 02:04 AM
Am at the hospital with my 16 year old, the one that won’t speak to my husband. This day started in the ER and she didn’t want him to know. It ended with a transfer to a children’s hospital so I told him. I told him she won’t talk to him so he waited outside. I kept him updated but he’s so angry. I don’t know him anymore. The nurses here were confused so me and my 2 daughters were talking bad about him like we always do. He honed in on mine saying he had some hope and now he has none. It’s crap though because he was pissed off before he got here. He snapped at our 13 year old.

I try so hard to stay away from him and yet this is 2nd bad thing that has thrown us together in 1.5 months. Why? Why must I be tortured like this? I have zero reasons to talk to him unless it’s an emergency. 2 emergencies? Really? Why why why. He’s so angry so very angry. Today yes I screwed up but it wouldn’t have mattered. He says he has seen no changes yet we never see each other. By changes he means our 16 year old talking to him. That’s why I say this is crap. He’s angry because we spoke the truth. By vilifying me he doesn’t have to look in the mirror. I’ve looked in the mirror and I am changing for the better. He has turned into someone I don’t know

I think we are done.
© DivorceBusting.com