Divorcebusting.com
Posted By: overcom determined to overcome this storm - 09/20/15 09:51 PM
so last night i was feeling so hurt. i felt like a failure at the one job i had of being a wife. these feeling came because of our "heart to heart" talk.
there are so many signs there that he knows to come back home but he truly feels that hes just miserable overall. not only in the marriage but as a person. we agreed that he should probably move out so that way i wont get any hopes. he thinks that god sent him the dopie (the other woman, shes a heroin addict) for a reason. i told him that he was way smarter then that and he needs to find someone without that baggage, because at the end of the day if hes going to introduce the kids to the ow she should have positive aspects who can educate my kids or be someone influential not a druggie who cant even watch her own damn kid. i told him that if he wants to be with her then it will take time away from your kids cause if your trying to make sure shes not using drugs then that means you need to baby sit her (shes 10 yrs younger then him). so i told him, please find a girl who is like me hahahah, smart, godly, a family oriented person who wants the best for her loved ones. without any baggage. he was just listening and agreed. i told him i want him to be happy and that he deserves happiness and that i hope and pray that god can give him happiness, true happiness and some peace, hes been through so much in the last 1.5 yrs. so now i need to really stop trying with him and start trying to fix me. God is giving me this me time and i truely want to use it because I too deserve happiness whether its with him or not.

some thing i read last night really hit home:
if you see me walking with someone else its not because i want to.. its because you werent brave enough to walk by me. if you see me simle, its not because i forgot you. its because i got tired of crying for you if you see me living again, its not because ivve moved on.. its bcause i hate the fact you can live without me. so if i fall in love with someone else, its not because i want to.. its because you werent there to catch me.

last thread
http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2572148#Post2572148
Posted By: overcom Re: determined to overcome this storm - 09/21/15 05:15 AM
I feel like I am a cry baby. Lol. I whine to much and not enough action...
Posted By: Ancaire Re: determined to overcome this storm - 09/21/15 06:12 AM
If it's any consolation, I'm deciding whether or not to confront my H about EA. He asked for D (denied OW) and works from home M-F, and goes somewhere else nights a weekends. Hee knows I know something, but I believe he thinks I don't KNOW.

He is seriously dumping our whole family for OW? Did he hit his head?

I don't know what to do, honestly. But he is suffering NO consequences as a result of his poor choices...that just doesn't feel right.
Posted By: overcom Re: determined to overcome this storm - 09/21/15 03:36 PM
You know you took the words right out of my mouth. But my friend, they will regret it. We need to be strong and change for ourselves. We need to continue so only an idiot will want to leave. I need to take my own advice but it is so hard. I can't function. Knowing this ow is a danger (she's a druggie & ex criminal) it's like really dude. Your dumping everything for this trash. Good go and then we'll see who is the idiot at the end.
Posted By: overcom Re: determined to overcome this storm - 09/21/15 03:44 PM
Some do the things I. need to work on my self are: knowing how to speak to him. What to say, how to say and when to say. When I ask him a question he quickly thinks I'm assuming. He hates that and that's one thing I hate about myself. I assume to much even at work. I don't trust anyone. How can I start trusting ppl even my own kids. I have this wall up and I can't let it down. I need to stop acting sad around him. I need to be happy. When with my kids I'm really happy but then in the back of my head I'm still hurting.
He still lives at home. He comes and goes as he pleases and of course the ow still texts and calls, it drives me crazy. I have tried putting boundaries as to him going and coming as he pleases. His response was well I pay rent and all the bills. What would be the response to that.
Posted By: Azzork Re: determined to overcome this storm - 09/21/15 05:03 PM
so last night i was feeling so hurt. i felt like a failure at the one job i had of being a wife. these feeling came because of our "heart to heart" talk. your job is not to make him happy. He is equally to blame for the failure of your marriage. Dont fall on your emotional sword to protect him.
there are so many signs there that he knows to come back home but he truly feels that hes just miserable overall. not only in the marriage but as a person. But you didnt BREAK him. This is something HE needs to figure out how to handle.
we agreed that he should probably move out so that way i wont get any hopes. what? why would you tell him that? Dont let him be the center of your world. YOU and YOUR KIDS are the center of your world. He doesnt have the power over you to make you happy. he thinks that god sent him the dopie (the other woman, shes a heroin addict) for a reason. i told him that he was way smarter then that and he needs to find someone without that baggage, because at the end of the day if hes going to introduce the kids to the ow she should have positive aspects who can educate my kids or be someone influential not a druggie who cant even watch her own damn kid. i told him that if he wants to be with her then it will take time away from your kids cause if your trying to make sure shes not using drugs then that means you need to baby sit her (shes 10 yrs younger then him). so i told him, please find a girl who is like me hahahah, smart, godly, a family oriented person who wants the best for her loved ones. without any baggage. he was just listening and agreed. Sadly, we dont get to choose the AP. She is who she is. Part of the allure is probably getting to feel like a hero. Probably the feeling worship and of need that she has for him. I believe he may have been listening and hell, maybe even understood it. But it isnt going to change anything. What if you told her "heroin is bad for you"...do you think that will get her to change her habits? Its the same for him right now. i told him i want him to be happy and that he deserves happiness and that i hope and pray that god can give him happiness, true happiness and some peace, hes been through so much in the last 1.5 yrs. This is...ok...but I wouldnt try to encourage him to "find" happiness or have happiness "granted" on him. I believe that you are the source of your own happiness. That you can make your situation a happy one regardless of the circumstance. So, this sounds like since he think you dont make him happy, he should go. so now i need to really stop trying with him and start trying to fix me. God is giving me this me time and i truely want to use it because I too deserve happiness whether its with him or not. YEEEESSSSS. Now go out there and make yourself happy!
Posted By: Ancaire Re: determined to overcome this storm - 09/21/15 05:48 PM
I read and reread Azzork' s comment to Overcom, above. That could have been me talking! The answers apply to my situation, as well. Thank you for this. It helped me, too.
Posted By: overcom Re: determined to overcome this storm - 09/21/15 08:27 PM
You see what I mean. What I think will encourage him to come back is wrong. I need to learn how to speak to him...
He's the one who said I think I should move out so you'll stop having hopes. And then I agreed. Which I completely don't agree with.
oh and when I pray for his happiness I pray that we will be filled with happiness together lol but he doesn't need to know my prayer details. Now I need to make some friends. Any suggestions on how? I'm very shy, have no confidence to talk to ppl..
Posted By: Ancaire Re: determined to overcome this storm - 09/21/15 09:07 PM
LOL...I'm not shy. A room full of strangers is a room full of future friends!

My advice? Start by going out with and keeping a smile on your face. You look approachable that way. Make eye contact. Say "hello".
Posted By: ILYNOT Re: determined to overcome this storm - 09/21/15 09:17 PM
go to meetup.com and find local groups, most are free to join and just attend.
Posted By: overcom Re: determined to overcome this storm - 09/21/15 09:21 PM
Cross out on how to make friends part hahahahha
Posted By: overcom Re: determined to overcome this storm - 09/21/15 09:22 PM
I'm already getting anxiety thinking about it. Lol
Posted By: Azzork Re: determined to overcome this storm - 09/21/15 09:25 PM
I find I have a lot of trouble breaking into groups of friends but have s lot more success going into it where everyone is a stranger. You may try to find some kind of meetup like that. I've seen like dinners for 8 where everyone is supposed to be a stranger.
Posted By: overcom Re: determined to overcome this storm - 09/21/15 09:38 PM
I am a turtle when I meet new ppl I go into my shell. Before I post here it takes me like 5 to 10 mins to encourage myself. I think eh why bore ppl with my problems. Lol and then I think meeting ppl will they like me or not.. stuff like that lol
Posted By: gonegrl Re: determined to overcome this storm - 09/21/15 10:20 PM
I was an introvert and really bad at mingling and small talk until BD. One of H's many complaints about me, he called me "socially retarded." I don't know what happened, but you should see me now. I have more friends than I can keep up with . Most of them were previous friends, who I just connected with more deeply because I "had to"- I just needed them. And now I am not going to say I know how to "work a room" or anything but I am fine in social situations. I think that H broke my heart so wide open that I just changed into a different person.

Overcom, is there a group at your church that you could join? Maybe a women's group, or a moms group? They are pretty welcoming.
Posted By: overcom Re: determined to overcome this storm - 09/22/15 02:34 AM
You guys I'm freaking out he brought the divorce papers.
Posted By: WhyUs Re: determined to overcome this storm - 09/22/15 02:41 AM
Overcome,

I am so sorry you are going through this. I am the same age and i have two young kids like you. I know how hard this is. Just remember it is only paper. Get a good L and fight for you and your kids.
Posted By: overcom Re: determined to overcome this storm - 09/22/15 03:26 AM
He filed 50/50. Everything mutual.
I see my L on Wednesday. It's done. I have no more hope. Once he's done he's done. He won't come back. .. my life will never be the same.
Posted By: overcom Re: determined to overcome this storm - 09/22/15 03:27 AM
I'm done. cry cry cry cry
Posted By: rdken Re: determined to overcome this storm - 09/22/15 03:35 AM
Hurting for you overcom. So so sorry.
Posted By: overcom Re: determined to overcome this storm - 09/22/15 03:59 AM
Thanks for reaching out. ..
Posted By: WhyUs Re: determined to overcome this storm - 09/22/15 11:34 AM
Overcom,

As many before me have said "it is over when you say it is over." You can stop anytime you want. You do not have to let him make that decision for you.
Posted By: Azzork Re: determined to overcome this storm - 09/22/15 12:39 PM
Originally Posted By: overcom
He filed 50/50. Everything mutual.
I see my L on Wednesday. It's done. I have no more hope. Once he's done he's done. He won't come back. .. my life will never be the same.

overcom -

It's time to live up to your name. Just because your life wont be the same, it doesnt mean it has to be WORSE. I believe that you can still turn things around, but it could be many months or years. You keep standing as long as you think you should.

But keep in your mind that change is not always bad. Use this time to grow and become the best you that you can.

Your life is not over.
Posted By: overcom Re: determined to overcome this storm - 09/22/15 03:31 PM
I need to learn how to set boundaries. I want him to move out. And now I'm worried about filing 50/50
Posted By: gonegrl Re: determined to overcome this storm - 09/22/15 04:11 PM
Overcome, I am so sorry.

Maybe I missed this part, but OW is a druggie, right? And you have 2 small children. Is there a way to keep them away from her?
Posted By: overcom Re: determined to overcome this storm - 09/22/15 04:14 PM
He knows better. I'll fight with all my might. Over my dead body he'll take them to see her.
Posted By: Ancaire Re: determined to overcome this storm - 09/22/15 04:19 PM
Overcome, you know I am right here with you, right? I've gotten the D papers, OW is involved, all feels hopeless?

Personally, the past few days have been really hard for me, so I've been fairly quiet. I know this, though. My life will never be the same, but I will do everything in my power to make my life a good one - with or without him. I am working on myself, for me.

It's all I have right now. It's a really good place to start. Join me? Let's get stronger, better...
Posted By: overcom Re: determined to overcome this storm - 09/22/15 04:30 PM
I'm in... photo you in too... I wish we lived closer so we could have a girls club. Lol
Posted By: Vanilla Re: determined to overcome this storm - 09/22/15 04:33 PM
I need to learn how to set boundaries. I want him to move out. And now I'm worried about filing 50/50

I will read through your sitch and see if we can discuss this.

V
Posted By: overcom Re: determined to overcome this storm - 09/22/15 04:35 PM
Thanks vanilla..I'll be waiting
Posted By: Ancaire Re: determined to overcome this storm - 09/22/15 05:48 PM
I'm in... photo you in too... I wish we lived closer so we could have a girls club. Lol

That would be wonderful!
Posted By: overcom Re: determined to overcome this storm - 09/22/15 07:09 PM
The ow keeps texting me. .. I've blocked him and her both. My nerves are so tensed right now. I'm so angry amd want to scream.
Posted By: Vanilla Re: determined to overcome this storm - 09/23/15 12:48 AM
Overcom

I would like to approach your boundaries and goals from a different angle. From where I am, I think you are very physiologically depleted.

In every way, the stress, the abortion, the post natal blues, the separation, the yo yo, the smoking and pushing yourself.

My sense is that the best goals would be around operating with the very basics of extreme self care. This I think means setting boundaries about looking after you and your health together with your children.

So let's examine some basic boundaries, some things that are so important that nothing can be in the way.

So what are boundaries?

It is as if you have a bubble around you, within that bubble you look after you with that which is most important. If another impinges on that, interferes with it then that infringes your boundary. A sign that one of your important values is being infringed is that you are upset or annoyed.

You chose to let others into your bubble because you respect them and they you.

It works two ways, you enter others bubble and respect their boundaries.

For example blocking OW and WH on your phone is enforcing your boundary. You are upset and want to scream, I don't blame you. By blocking you are protecting yourself. Good for you. Excellent boundary enforcement.

Incidentally if you want to scream go ahead do it. Find somewhere you won't disturb anyone and go scream, shout and yell. I drove out in my car found a quiet lane and let rip. Felt great. You have my permission! As if you need it.

That is an example of a boundary. So you have boundaries and are enforcing them, just haven't acknowledged that to yourself.

WH if you and OW contact me in this way, I will block your texts.

You have every right to be affronted.

-----------------------------------------

Now, OC let's find some reasonable health boundaries for you, and implement good extreme care. Some food, routine grooming, basic exercise, reading and progress together with looking after your little ones.

How much do you sleep?

These things are immutable, basic rights for you. Include peace, safety and personal time.

So, what are the basics in your life if disturbed would be a breach of your bubble?

If you can list those we can establish your core boundary on them.

For me that would be interruption to my sleep, I need my zzzzs and 8 hrs is the minimum, so my WH playing music at night loudly was a boundary infringement. Headphones.

I also eat 8-10 portions of fruit and veg etc.......

include medications, supplements, hugs from the kids, time out etc.....

Let me kick start:

WH if you come in and out of the house without agreement I will change the locks, I need my sleep and personal time.

V
Posted By: overcom Re: determined to overcome this storm - 09/23/15 03:01 AM
I'm in California ;-)
Posted By: overcom Re: determined to overcome this storm - 09/23/15 03:02 AM
V Excellent points. Tonight's goal is to write down the boundaries I'd like to accomplish. I already told wh about blocking him and ow. Amd I told him that she has no right texting me.
Posted By: Ancaire Re: determined to overcome this storm - 09/23/15 03:49 AM
I guess I can move to California...lol

I'm in Texas.
Posted By: overcom Re: determined to overcome this storm - 09/23/15 02:31 PM
I'm having a hard time with telling him he can't come and go. I have said it a few times in the past and his response was well I pay the rent so it's my place and he know I can't afford moving out... so what do I do?
Posted By: overcom Re: determined to overcome this storm - 09/23/15 02:33 PM
Last night he said that he loves me to a certain extent. What does that mean?
I probably know the answer to my question but here it goes.
Is it ok to go out with on a date?
Posted By: Sotto Re: determined to overcome this storm - 09/23/15 05:38 PM
Hi Overcom, best to remember that he is confused and not to believe anything he says just now. Probably he still feels some love sometimes and other times he just feels done. But none of this really matters unless he is truly remorseful and asking you what it would take to reconcile.

When you ask - is it okay to go out on a date, do you mean with your H or someone else?
Posted By: overcom Re: determined to overcome this storm - 09/23/15 07:11 PM
Someone else.
He says that he's in love with the sex the ow can perform. I suck in bed and am a lil over weight. Hmm
Posted By: Sotto Re: determined to overcome this storm - 09/24/15 06:54 AM
Hi Overcome, hopefully when he says stuff like that, you let him know you find it disrespectful and remove yourself from that conversation? There is no need for you to sit and listen to hurtful information like that.

As for dating, well of course it is up to you. But I noticed in another post you said you were struggling to get out at all just now. I think it is healthier to build up your own life to a happier place, where you have friends and activities you enjoy. Then from that place start to think about dating. JMHO though...

What goals are you working towards just now my friend?? xx
Posted By: Vanilla Re: determined to overcome this storm - 09/24/15 08:09 AM
Someone else.
He says that he's in love with the sex the ow can perform. I suck in bed and am a lil over weight. Hmm

So what is the boundary here?

V
Posted By: Azzork Re: determined to overcome this storm - 09/24/15 12:12 PM
I wish I could sit and write decent goals. But looking at your goals I'm kinda jealous. I can't even do anything out of the house. I'm so demotivated. So not in the mood to do anything.

Pulled this out of my thread to reply to you here.

It has taken several months for me to stabilize myself and be in a position to really think about what I want for me and for my kids. We are all on our own timelines, so theres nothing to be jealous about - youll get there soon enough, Im sure.

In the meantime, how about you set some goals for yourself? They dont have to be more than a few. Set what you want to do within the next week.

- spend 15 minutes a day doing something just for you - paint your nails? watch a trashy TV show? take a bath?
- set a diet plan and plan meals for the next week
- read one small book a day with each child before bed
- go for one GAL type outing with the kids -- library? YMCA? Some local fall festival?
- introduce yourself to one stranger
Posted By: Ancaire Re: determined to overcome this storm - 09/24/15 05:00 PM
Hi Overcome...just checking in. A gave you some great starting places for goals. I need to get busy doing that, too.

How are you today?
Posted By: overcom Re: determined to overcome this storm - 09/24/15 05:21 PM
I have told him I don't want to talk about this with him and that it's just wrong. How could he say things like this. It blows my mind. He was getting a little bit more detailed as to things they do and I cut him off and said spare me the details. I don't need to go there.
I was just asking. I have no intention of dating. If I did it'd be for wrong reasons amd just not ready to go there.

Finding a women's gym and setting up a diet plan. Is my new goal for the next week.
Posted By: overcom Re: determined to overcome this storm - 09/24/15 05:39 PM
No sex and definitely not talking about his sex life with ow.
Posted By: overcom Re: determined to overcome this storm - 09/24/15 05:53 PM
Hi judy. Thanks hun for checking in. I'm ok for now. How are you?
When I go to work I'm so busy with lawsuits and ins companies I don't think about him.... smirk
Posted By: overcom Re: determined to overcome this storm - 09/24/15 07:10 PM
I am starting to think that his affair was because of the lack of sex we were having. How can I know if this was a sex starved marriage???
Posted By: gonegrl Re: determined to overcome this storm - 09/24/15 09:42 PM
I am sorry he is being a pig. If his problem with you was that he wanted more sex, he could have said something to you instead of cheating. Did he ever mention this before?
Posted By: Vanilla Re: determined to overcome this storm - 09/24/15 11:06 PM
No sex and definitely not talking about his sex life with ow.

ok boundary: if you discuss your sex life with OW then I will walk away. if you keep discussing ten i will stay away.

V
Posted By: overcom Re: determined to overcome this storm - 09/24/15 11:54 PM
I asked him why he got back with her after everything she did and wouldn't even consider a second chance with me and then that's when he was saying sometimes you have to follow the other head. And I was like what the hell dies that mean. And that when he said it. As o I'm convinced that this is completely over. He's really whipped on her. He knows she's got nothing to offer but sex.
And it's already been a yr they have been together. So I'm just giving up. I'll still dB but I'm don't trying to win him back.
Posted By: overcom Re: determined to overcome this storm - 09/24/15 11:55 PM
Oh ya he's like there no more such thing as causal sex.
Posted By: overcom Re: determined to overcome this storm - 09/25/15 04:03 AM
Hi A. My goal is to find a all women's gym and get into shape. Been googling diet plans for weekly to lose weight. I have already been reading a book with my son. He's learning to read so it's fun... as to meeting new ppl I need to give me more time. I'm still having anxiety with that...
Posted By: Vanilla Re: determined to overcome this storm - 09/25/15 02:30 PM
Overcom,

Take your time, it's ok you know.

Can I refer you to an Internet resource on breathing and centring yourself, it eases anxiety. It's called the half smile and serenity. You will have to add http:

://www.dbtselfhelp.com/html/half-smile_and_serenity.html

You can try googling half smile and serenity. The idea is to use breathing, relaxation and the Mona Lisa smile to help you relax. Use it when you meet people, it's a CBT trick. Once you have learned it then others will see you as friendly and relaxed.

Basically, breathe deeply, imagine yourself in a lovely place- a beach, a mountain or elsewhere, then smile like Mona Lisa........

I use this technique all the time.

V
Posted By: Ancaire Re: determined to overcome this storm - 09/25/15 02:34 PM
What wonderful advice, V! In the meantime, Overcome, I'm here for you.
Posted By: overcom Re: determined to overcome this storm - 09/25/15 11:56 PM
V I'm gonna definitely google this when I get home. I'm always having anxiety. Thanks hun
Posted By: overcom Re: determined to overcome this storm - 09/25/15 11:57 PM
Thanks judy. You know I'm here for you too. I'll write you later tonight. On my way home from work...
Posted By: Azzork Re: determined to overcome this storm - 09/26/15 02:10 AM
Hi A. My goal is to find a all women's gym and get into shape. Been googling diet plans for weekly to lose weight. I have already been reading a book with my son. He's learning to read so it's fun... as to meeting new ppl I need to give me more time. I'm still having anxiety with that...

No need to do everything at once. You have nothing but time.

Just lay them out, so you can follow the roadmap, and you will be successful!
Posted By: overcom Re: determined to overcome this storm - 09/26/15 03:39 AM
I'm trying slowly moving forward.
frown
Posted By: overcom Re: determined to overcome this storm - 09/26/15 07:42 AM
I bought a new workbook today to help with my self esteem. Baby steps
Posted By: overcom Re: determined to overcome this storm - 09/26/15 07:50 AM
I Googled and listened to the 10 min audio. Im going to use this tomorrow. Thanks V!
Posted By: overcom Re: determined to overcome this storm - 09/26/15 08:17 AM
What does wifeing her and not using her for sex mean? Someone told me that he wifed her and isn't using her for sex. Can someone explain. I'm clueless... thanks
Posted By: Ancaire Re: determined to overcome this storm - 09/26/15 08:26 AM
Wifed her, or wife her usually refers to marriage. I think they were trying to say he wants to marry her, not just use her for physical stuff.
Posted By: overcom Re: determined to overcome this storm - 09/26/15 08:35 AM
All I said was how do you explain a man cheating on his wife of 12 yrs for a heroin addict whore. She replied amd said he wifed her and that I was a winner not the loser who deserves better as do my kids. She's saod he's th real loser...
Posted By: Ancaire Re: determined to overcome this storm - 09/26/15 08:48 AM
He certainly is the loser. He's certainly not capable of making good decisions.

You're a keeper, O! His loss...
Posted By: Vanilla Re: determined to overcome this storm - 09/26/15 09:45 AM
I see this as there is more emotion in the sex. Not possible in this phase of his A, it's the addicted phase. All As are like that in that phase. Rubbish comment. I referred to one of my WH POW as the fishwife. You can borrow that, if you want to, it's a woman with a tacky demean, low cut dresses and a loud uncouth mouth. Go on I generously offer you the description, now seems apt. Yeah, she is being wifed, fish wifed.

Bah, humbug. It's an old English phrase from the Middle Ages, when men 'try' out the maiden for marriage. There was a phrase called bundling too. I believe there are customs like this in the US in the colonial times. Bundling was also used in the couple of months after child birth.

Glad the reference resonated. It certainly helped me.

V
Posted By: Vanilla Re: determined to overcome this storm - 09/26/15 10:02 AM
://youtu.be/IDbp0L-SUTc

Had http if you want a really good laugh.

Go shake the hand of the woman you talked to, give her a big hug, a bunch of flowers.

He'll make her your new best friend.

V
Posted By: overcom Re: determined to overcome this storm - 09/26/15 04:50 PM
Lol V I watched this. And he's so right.
V do you think he'll ever come around. A few days ago I did something and he was like wow I wish you were like this before. Then all day I didn't text him and at night he said that he was waiting for me to text him... ughh frown
Posted By: overcom Re: determined to overcome this storm - 09/26/15 04:54 PM
Lol judy. He is the loser... he's gonna regret tthis all... I know God is working on our marriage but it may be to late by the time he comes back...
Posted By: Vanilla Re: determined to overcome this storm - 09/26/15 07:13 PM
He may eventually.

In the meanwhile he wants cake.

V
Posted By: gonegrl Re: determined to overcome this storm - 09/26/15 08:12 PM
Overcome, I want you to know without a doubt that your size has nothing to do with your ability to be loved, to be good in bed, and to be desired. Your confidence has a lot to do with that, not your size.

Yes, go to a gym, yes, eat well, because these things are good for your health and will improve your ability to cope with stress, disease, and build your confidence. But its the confidence that is sexy.

Whatever is attracting your H to this druggie is so superficial and is a reflection of the fact that there is something wrong with him, not you. There is NOTHING wrong with you. Sure, go ahead and lose some weight. Do it for YOU. Do it so your kids have a healthier mom. Do not do it because of what your stupid MLC H is rebelling and thinking with his dick. Honestly, you are too good for him. You can do so much better. And I think you will.
Posted By: Ancaire Re: determined to overcome this storm - 09/26/15 08:15 PM
Hear, hear! That was awesome, P. Overcom just seems so very sweet. I would snap her up in a heartbeat if I were a dude. smile
Posted By: overcom Re: determined to overcome this storm - 09/27/15 03:07 AM
I heart you girls. You guys made me cry and laugh.
Posted By: overcom Re: determined to overcome this storm - 09/27/15 03:38 AM
I hate himmmmm..... I hate himmm
Posted By: Jpeg Re: determined to overcome this storm - 09/27/15 05:04 AM
Ahhhhhh venting moment or did something happen?
Posted By: overcom Re: determined to overcome this storm - 09/27/15 05:07 AM
He took the ow to a pool party to OUR friends house. I had a big fight with him amd he's like I should move out amd left. I called him told him his things were ready for him to get out. He's like you move out and ya so we had a fight and now he's out at a pool party enjoying his night while I'm sitting at home crying my eyes out!!!
Posted By: Jpeg Re: determined to overcome this storm - 09/27/15 07:02 AM
I'm so sorry. I know how that hurts. My H also took his OW out tonight introducing them as the new "us". Hearing himsay "we" wil be there - to invitations - that is twisting the knife - they are now a "we" and I am home alone.
Posted By: overcom Re: determined to overcome this storm - 09/27/15 07:24 AM
:'(
I know how you feel. She introduces him to everyone as her hubby... amd her kid as his kid. Jpeg need to catch up on your sitch. It's worse then knife twisting. It makes me sick to my stomach
Posted By: Jpeg Re: determined to overcome this storm - 09/27/15 12:53 PM
That is just NOT okay frown
Posted By: Sotto Re: determined to overcome this storm - 09/27/15 05:11 PM
Hi Overcom, try not to feel so sick about that - because it's actually just 'sad.' What kind of person tries to pass someone else's H as their own and someone elses child as his too....that's just.....a little bizarre. And it says a great deal about OW I think. I don't believe a woman with healthy self esteem and self respect would do this.

I suspect you are already the better woman Overcom - but like us all you have things you'd like to work on and good luck with those. Staying close to this sitch with H and OW will not help you at all, so try and distance from it as much as you can. If you can co-parent with dim contact and no R talk, that may be best for now I think.

Good luck xx
Posted By: overcom Re: determined to overcome this storm - 09/27/15 05:36 PM
Thanks sotto, yes I think it's really time I should distance myself. At end I'm always getting hurt. After my post. I was praying loud and crying asking for a miracle to show him who the ow really is. Then he called me and He came home and served the papers. He and ow fought and I said don't serve me out of anger he took the papers back. And left. He is so blind I can't help him anymore. She's known for messing things up and he gives her chance after chance and NOT ONCE did he give me a chance to fix me. Anyway I am fixing myself. For me.
Posted By: Vanilla Re: determined to overcome this storm - 09/27/15 07:04 PM
Overcom

My prayer would be that the sitch works for the best result for all, particularly the children. The higher power to resolve the issue for your better good.

V
Posted By: Ancaire Re: determined to overcome this storm - 09/27/15 07:25 PM
Sweet girl...your H is broken. His actions clearly reflect that. YOU didn't break him. You can't fix him, either. You have been treated unfairly. View him with the knowledge that he is messed up. It helps with compassion, which leads to forgiveness.

As long as he is with OW, there is NOTHING you can do. Just drop the rope. Let him screw up his life. You protect yourself and your kids. Make YOU a priority. You are faithful, loyal, sweet, and extremely caring. That is a great start!

Believe me, I KNOW how much this hurts. Impossible to explain unless you've been there. But letting him go to make his own mistakes is so empowering. Focusing on yourself helps with distracting yourself from thinking about H. Both of these help you with being more positive.

You're a woman of faith. Ask Him to help you detach. I promise, it works! Just know I and many others care about you. We're here for you. You are not alone.
Posted By: Jpeg Re: determined to overcome this storm - 09/27/15 09:53 PM
Here here. I agree with Sotto!
Posted By: Jpeg Re: determined to overcome this storm - 09/27/15 10:48 PM
And Judy. Wow Judy you have really empowered yourself you are a great mentor already!
Posted By: overcom Re: determined to overcome this storm - 09/27/15 11:24 PM
I love you judy. You are such a great mentor to me... I have been praying for detachment. After sottos comment I sat down and prayed that he help me heal even though it hurts so much. I need to stay away. I prayed for him too. But I can't go on like this any more. I really cant. He needs to find god and cry out to him. He knows who god is he's just lost with all the non believers. Well at the end I'm stronger and more faithful...
Posted By: overcom Re: determined to overcome this storm - 09/27/15 11:25 PM
She's really awesome. I love all her advice she gives. .. don't go anywhere judy lol
Well I love everyone's advice and support they show me and to everyone else. Tha k you everyone. In the end even if doesn't work out with h I know I'm stronger because of all the support I had here!!!
Posted By: gonegrl Re: determined to overcome this storm - 09/28/15 02:40 AM
Overcome, I am praying for you tonight. And your children. You are not alone.
Posted By: overcom Re: determined to overcome this storm - 09/28/15 03:11 AM
I need all the prayers right now... thanks for praying for us tonight... hugsss
Posted By: Azzork Re: determined to overcome this storm - 09/28/15 12:11 PM
Then he called me and He came home and served the papers. He and ow fought and I said don't serve me out of anger he took the papers back.

Im not sure when this was (yesterday? or last month?). Anyway, theres nothing to fear, overcom. Dont try to control him or it will only make things worse. He's confused, he's hurting. Just let him do what he's going to do. The legal stuff is the legal stuff, and it really doesnt matter much. Youre already essentially divorced, all the papers do is tell the government that.

He is so blind I can't help him anymore. She's known for messing things up and he gives her chance after chance and NOT ONCE did he give me a chance to fix me. Anyway I am fixing myself. For me.

He is giving you the chance RIGHT NOW to fix you. If you had stayed in the same marriage for another 5 years, would it have mattered? If he said, "Overcom, Im tired of you leaving your socks on the floor," Im sure you would have picked them up for a few weeks, a couple months, maybe a year, but eventually, the changes would revert. Before, you would have been doing it for him. NOW, you know, and you can do this correctly. For YOU. For your kids.

This is your chance. Take it!
Posted By: overcom Re: determined to overcome this storm - 09/28/15 03:32 PM
Hi A. So he filed the docs last month but hasn't served me yet. I think it's time I look for a place to move out too.
I really need to stop calling and asking him for help. Last night I was so sick from stomach ache I kept calling him for help. I was almost going to the hospital. I hated that I had to call him for help. Do I ask him for the papers already?
I am using this time to fix me. I don't know how to brake from him. I'm so obsessed with him. frown
Posted By: Azzork Re: determined to overcome this storm - 09/28/15 03:34 PM
I don't know how to brake from him. I'm so obsessed with him. frown

Can you go all day today without contacting him? Lets start there.
Posted By: overcom Re: determined to overcome this storm - 09/28/15 03:53 PM
Yes I can. I usually do. I think it would be easier if he completely moved out. Since he still has his stuff here its harder. How can I tell hhim it's time for him to move out?
Posted By: Sotto Re: determined to overcome this storm - 09/28/15 07:08 PM
Let him know it's time for him to move out. Tell him this isn't working for you any more. Let him know that he can come get his stuff up until a date in two weeks time. After that, you'll pack it up and have it delivered to him.

Overcom, why do you want to stay so close to someone when it is causing you such misery right now? Have you read any information on codependency? Many posters recomment Codependent no more and there is an associated work book too. If you think about what you can control - you don't get to control H's poor behaviour - but you do get to control whether you are in contact with him and whether you spend time with him.

Please try and take some steps yourself to improve your own wellbeing and put in place some healthy boundaries. H may not look after you just now, but you can look after yourself.

Take care xx
Posted By: gonegrl Re: determined to overcome this storm - 09/28/15 07:35 PM
I agree, it is time for him to completely move out. Maybe you can bag up his stuff and leave it in the garage for him?
Posted By: Dawgs Re: determined to overcome this storm - 09/28/15 07:35 PM
Quote:
I don't know how to brake from him. I'm so obsessed with him.

I am in the same boat. I can't do the same, either. I love my W dearly and want this marriage to work out. I try so hard to detach, but that is almost impossible for me as I find myself texting, calling, or emailing her. I think that comes from the fact that she hasn't given me a REAL reason for divorce. I'm just as lost.

I would like to say it gets better but after 7 months I haven't even begun to see any light. Hope it gets better and will be following along!
Posted By: Ancaire Re: determined to overcome this storm - 09/29/15 12:36 AM
Hey Overcome! It's Judy...had to change screen name, just in case.

Thinking about you today. Hope you're doing OK.
Posted By: overcom Re: determined to overcome this storm - 09/29/15 01:05 AM
Hahha photo my friend said the same thing.. too funnyyy...
It's ok he already said that he's gonna move out with her.
Posted By: overcom Re: determined to overcome this storm - 09/29/15 01:07 AM
Hi hun. I just got home from the hospital. I couldn't lay anymore I still have a lot of pain. I have Diverticulitis & Guess who took me. Yep h did.
Posted By: overcom Re: determined to overcome this storm - 09/29/15 01:08 AM
I haven't gotten a straight answer either I think he's doing it for the ow. But I know deep down he doesn't want too. .
I really hurts...
Posted By: overcom Re: determined to overcome this storm - 09/29/15 06:55 PM
I am ready to let go. Please pray as I am as well to get the encouragement I need so I can tell him to move out and let me heal. I can't have him around anymore. It hurts to much. I miss him my h not the person he is now. And I have to let go. Let him be free to do what he wants.
Posted By: job Re: determined to overcome this storm - 09/29/15 07:22 PM
Please start a new thread. You've reached the 100th posting limit per thread.
Posted By: MrBond Re: determined to overcome this storm - 09/29/15 07:59 PM
Hang in there. What have you been doing for your self-esteem all this time?
Posted By: overcom Re: determined to overcome this storm - 09/29/15 08:33 PM
Originally Posted By: MrBond
Hang in there. What have you been doing for your self-esteem all this time?

I bought a new self esteem workbook through amazon I'm waiting for. Other things, little things like dressing up, make up (not a lot just enough), doing hair, smelling good. Working on interacting with family and friends. I made 2 friends at work. I'm trying it's hard cause of my anxiety but I need to brake through my shell..

New thread

http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2611007#Post2611007
© DivorceBusting.com