Divorcebusting.com
Posted By: Wonka Vote: Cadet For Moderator - 02/24/15 05:12 PM
Dear Virginia,

Cadet has been a very valuable friend to the DB forum with compiling links and resources when rolling out the red welcome carpet to lost and frightened newbies when they stumble here with scrapped knees and bruised knuckles.

Without Cadet, the newbies would be very lost and spinning in circles. Without Cadet, the newbies would not know where to start and may get off the wrong foot with their WASes. Without Cadet, the DB forums will not be where it is now.

Through Cadet's tireless dedication of his time and energy, the DB forum has evolved over the past several years with additions and improvements through his welcome links to Newcomers and MLC forums.

I submit to you with utmost respect that you please elevate Cadet to Moderator status immediately for he most certainly deserves the recognition for his hard work and contributions.

There will be a long conga line forming right behind me voting with their finger tips.

Here's my 'Aye' to Cadet for Moderator. smile

Onward...the People of DB has spoken!

Sincerely,
Wonka
Posted By: Burger Re: Vote: Cadet For Moderator - 02/24/15 05:15 PM
I agree! Can we make it happen?
Posted By: Tarheel Re: Vote: Cadet For Moderator - 02/24/15 05:18 PM
Ha- I always assumed Cadet WAS a moderator!
Posted By: sonas Re: Vote: Cadet For Moderator - 02/24/15 05:22 PM
He has my vote - can I vote once and often?
Posted By: Drew Re: Vote: Cadet For Moderator - 02/24/15 05:26 PM
I'm from Chicago - vote early and vote often!!
Posted By: Starsky309 Re: Vote: Cadet For Moderator - 02/24/15 05:28 PM
Originally Posted By: Drew
I'm from Chicago - vote early and vote often!!

Me too!!
Posted By: Train Re: Vote: Cadet For Moderator - 02/24/15 05:30 PM
Here's my finger in the air! (The index one, not the middle one!) Aye! smile
Posted By: HPoirot Re: Vote: Cadet For Moderator - 02/24/15 05:46 PM
Another vote. Thank you Cadet.
Posted By: Andy125 Re: Vote: Cadet For Moderator - 02/24/15 06:59 PM
I'll throw my vote in!
Posted By: Mozza Re: Vote: Cadet For Moderator - 02/24/15 07:23 PM
One more for Cadet as a moderator.
Posted By: Panthr Re: Vote: Cadet For Moderator - 02/24/15 07:32 PM
One more!
Posted By: uRworthy Re: Vote: Cadet For Moderator - 02/24/15 08:34 PM
Aye
Posted By: sandi2 Re: Vote: Cadet For Moderator - 02/24/15 08:41 PM
Oh, absolutely!
Posted By: Wet Re: Vote: Cadet For Moderator - 02/24/15 08:41 PM
Yes from me too. His work is so helpful.
Posted By: HeavyD Re: Vote: Cadet For Moderator - 02/24/15 08:41 PM
Yes!
Posted By: PatientMan Re: Vote: Cadet For Moderator - 02/25/15 05:25 AM
Assuming he wants the job, of course.

-PM
Posted By: TLEE86 Re: Vote: Cadet For Moderator - 02/25/15 06:12 AM
Plus one
Posted By: hotwheelsaust Re: Vote: Cadet For Moderator - 02/25/15 08:54 AM
Another "bloody oath" from down under. Cadet has done a fantastic job and as mentioned, always the first to welcome a newbie.
Posted By: susana4 Re: Vote: Cadet For Moderator - 02/25/15 12:58 PM
Yes, for sure!!
Posted By: SunnyB Re: Vote: Cadet For Moderator - 02/25/15 01:43 PM
How about let's nominate him for sainthood? Ok....well...then I vote Cadet for Moderator!
Posted By: Barry Re: Vote: Cadet For Moderator - 02/25/15 02:00 PM
It's an Aye from me. smile
Posted By: u-turn Re: Vote: Cadet For Moderator - 02/25/15 02:15 PM
Two yes votes from me - from Chicago
Posted By: Rick1963 Re: Vote: Cadet For Moderator - 02/25/15 02:33 PM
Me too
Posted By: gogofo Re: Vote: Cadet For Moderator - 02/25/15 02:33 PM
Most certainly!
Posted By: edz Re: Vote: Cadet For Moderator - 02/25/15 02:36 PM
Another here
Posted By: Leon01 Re: Vote: Cadet For Moderator - 02/25/15 03:02 PM
Same here....
Posted By: labug Re: Vote: Cadet For Moderator - 02/25/15 03:28 PM
Does Cadet want to be a mod?
Posted By: Wonka Re: Vote: Cadet For Moderator - 02/26/15 03:42 PM
smile
Posted By: bustingout Re: Vote: Cadet For Moderator - 02/28/15 06:13 PM
Yes from me!
Posted By: labug Re: Vote: Cadet For Moderator - 02/28/15 06:32 PM
busting! How are you?
Posted By: bustingout Re: Vote: Cadet For Moderator - 02/28/15 06:54 PM
I'm pretty good bug!!! How are you? I've been reading your continuing journey and have as always been inspired and still learn so much! (((()))))))
Posted By: Wonka Re: Vote: Cadet For Moderator - 03/03/15 06:28 PM
Cadet,

Would you like to be a moderator? Would you accept it if offered by the DB Center folks? smile
Posted By: Cadet Re: Vote: Cadet For Moderator - 03/04/15 03:41 PM
Originally Posted By: Wonka
Cadet,

Would you like to be a moderator? Would you accept it if offered by the DB Center folks? smile

Of course! smile smile smile
Posted By: rd500 Re: Vote: Cadet For Moderator - 03/04/15 04:07 PM
Sorry, I'm a bit late on this one, I've had limited advice from vets but Mr Bond was there at the start and recently and of course Cadet was the very first with his list/advice. Please add my vote.

Rd
Posted By: Starsky309 Re: Vote: Cadet For Moderator - 03/04/15 04:34 PM
The best thing is that Cadet is ALWAYS there. There to greet people when they first wash up on our beach . . . there to point them to the wealth of resources available . . . and even there often on people's threads with specific help advice and encouragement.

No disappearing for months (or more) at a time, suddenly to pop back up and try to lead. Consistency.

"Showing up is 80% of life." (Woody Allen)
Posted By: Ahoy Re: Vote: Cadet For Moderator - 03/04/15 04:36 PM
Cadet has my vote as well!
Posted By: Wonka Re: Vote: Cadet For Moderator - 03/05/15 01:00 AM
Dear Virginia,

As you can see here, the people have spoken up here and expressed their unqualified support for Cadet to be elevated to moderator status. Cadet has stated that he would accept it if offered by you and/or the DB Center folks.

Please heed to this community's expressed wishes and change Cadet's status to moderator.

Thank you in advance on behalf of the hoi polloi. grin

Regards,
Wonka
Posted By: LITB Re: Vote: Cadet For Moderator - 03/05/15 05:52 PM
Cadet has my support.
Posted By: Wonka Re: Vote: Cadet For Moderator - 03/10/15 10:17 PM
Bump for Virginia et al..... smile
Posted By: Karma12 Re: Vote: Cadet For Moderator - 03/11/15 04:11 AM
I vote yes too!!
Posted By: Wonka Re: Vote: Cadet For Moderator - 03/18/15 08:50 PM
Alrighty.....

Calling all DBers to action:

Let's all flood the DB center with phone calls and emails requesting that they elevate Cadet to Mod status. Game on DB-Street Lobbyists! Sorry you will get zero pay nor get any $300-dollar steak dinner reimbursed for your efforts. wink
Posted By: Starsky309 Re: Vote: Cadet For Moderator - 03/18/15 09:00 PM
You'd think they'd read the thread, and make a decision. I even hit "notify" on it just to make sure they'd see it. That was over a week ago.
Posted By: Wonka Re: Vote: Cadet For Moderator - 03/24/15 06:40 PM
Bump....^^^^
Posted By: Georgiabelle Re: Vote: Cadet For Moderator - 03/24/15 07:47 PM
Cadet totally sticks the landing after a quad toe loop. He gets my vote and spirit fingers:)
Posted By: Starsky309 Re: Vote: Cadet For Moderator - 03/24/15 08:23 PM
I'm starting to get the sinking feeling that Virginia might be the Russian judge. Cadet's screwed. wink
Posted By: RAI Re: Vote: Cadet For Moderator - 03/24/15 08:55 PM
I can't believe I missed this thread! Perhaps they were just waiting for my vote. Alright, you can make Cadet a moderator now.
RAI
Posted By: sgctxok Re: Vote: Cadet For Moderator - 03/29/15 07:11 AM
Originally Posted By: Starsky309
I'm starting to get the sinking feeling that Virginia might be the Russian judge. Cadet's screwed. wink

Nah. She's a good egg. Makes decisions thoughtfully and after gathering information.

There are also a lot of conferences and training and such that she manages, so some things just take time. She is always aware of the board
Posted By: Old Dog Re: Vote: Cadet For Moderator - 03/30/15 06:27 PM
What's the usual procedure for being elevated to mod status? There are precious few other than Virginia it seems. She must be very busy.
Posted By: Wonka Re: Vote: Cadet For Moderator - 03/31/15 03:55 PM
Originally Posted By: sgctxok
Originally Posted By: Starsky309

Nah. She's a good egg. Makes decisions thoughtfully and after gathering information.

There are also a lot of conferences and training and such that she manages, so some things just take time. She is always aware of the board

Sg,

Yeah, Virginia is a good egg indeed...I've seen her responses here. Especially when she deleted that one particularly nasty post from one knucklehead that was directed at me.

Maybe you can whisper in her ear and get the approval going! I have my amaretto bottle ready to be broken out to celebrate Cadet's 'promotion.' smile cool
Posted By: Wonka Re: Vote: Cadet For Moderator - 03/31/15 04:06 PM
P.S. Sg, are you now planning your wedding with your handsome fiance? smile
Posted By: Michele Weiner-Davis Re: Vote: Cadet For Moderator - 03/31/15 06:23 PM
Hi Guys,

We have been listening and have taken your suggestion to heart -- and are happy to announce that Cadet will be moderating Newcomers.

Thanks so much, Cadet for the exceptional help and support and encouragement you offer to everyone here. We appreciate you!
Posted By: Tarheel Re: Vote: Cadet For Moderator - 03/31/15 06:25 PM
Woo hoo!

Congrats Cadet!
Posted By: Cadet Re: Vote: Cadet For Moderator - 03/31/15 06:43 PM
Originally Posted By: Virginia
Hi Guys,

We have been listening and have taken your suggestion to heart -- and are happy to announce that Cadet will be moderating Newcomers.

Thanks so much, Cadet for the exceptional help and support and encouragement you offer to everyone here. We appreciate you!

Thank you Virginia for placing your trust in me.
It was a pleasure speaking with you and I will
try to help the forum and users to comply with
DB and move us all forward in a positive manner! smile smile smile
Posted By: Old Dog Re: Vote: Cadet For Moderator - 03/31/15 07:13 PM
Oh my goodness Cadet, you've gone green :-)

Nice one.
Posted By: Starsky309 Re: Vote: Cadet For Moderator - 03/31/15 07:35 PM
Cadet for hall monitor, whoo-hoooo!!!!!!

whistle whistle whistle whistle

In your honor, I'm going to RUN WITH SCISSORS now . . . .

Starsky
Posted By: Sotto Re: Vote: Cadet For Moderator - 03/31/15 07:50 PM
Well done Cadet - and richly deserved. Your efforts and wisdom on these boards are much appreciated. Do you get a Prefect badge?
Posted By: Starsky309 Re: Vote: Cadet For Moderator - 03/31/15 08:05 PM
Originally Posted By: Toots
Well done Cadet - and richly deserved. Your efforts and wisdom on these boards are much appreciated. Do you get a Prefect badge?

I'm thinking a gun, a golf cart and a fifth of good Kentucky single-barrel . . . cool
Posted By: Sotto Re: Vote: Cadet For Moderator - 03/31/15 08:16 PM
Now you're talking! Starsky, did you notice someone accidentally called you 'Starchy' on another thread?? It made me laugh....I think it was Mahhty on Sandi's WW's thread..
Posted By: Starsky309 Re: Vote: Cadet For Moderator - 03/31/15 08:42 PM
Yeah, I saw that, lol. GOOD ol' Starchy!!! And my partner, HUSK!
Posted By: Wonka Re: Vote: Cadet For Moderator - 03/31/15 10:01 PM
Yay!!!

Let's all gather around the great bonfire and celebrate Cadet's new status as a moderator. Raising a glass of amaretto to Cadet and Virginia. Would someone please break out some marshmallows and chocolate.

Thank you, Virginia. smile
Posted By: Train Re: Vote: Cadet For Moderator - 03/31/15 10:59 PM
Awesome!!!! smile smile smile
Posted By: Old Dog Re: Vote: Cadet For Moderator - 03/31/15 11:28 PM
I hope you're not going to all power crazy now cadet :-)
Posted By: Vanilla Re: Vote: Cadet For Moderator - 04/01/15 12:02 AM
You have gone green........

Fab

V
Posted By: sgctxok Re: Vote: Cadet For Moderator - 04/01/15 01:28 AM
Yay!!!!
Posted By: sgctxok Re: Vote: Cadet For Moderator - 04/01/15 01:58 AM
Wonka-

Thanks for asking. We are still together, still engaged. . We have two houses to sell (market is slightly better around here but not good enough.)- a small ranch, he is in a townhouse.

My daughter and grandchild moved back in the house I live in, my daughter that just graduated moved back to save money. It's crowded but usually fun. A lot of estrogen though.

G has a special needs child that is now 20 and still in HS until he's 21. He is with G most of the week, his mom's the other part. (G is retired.). It's pretty small.

We have plenty of time, not going anywhere. We are both very happy, more in love than ever. One day a week he watches our grandchild for my daughter, when he was out of town I stayed with his son so his exW could work on Sat. Our lives are well meshed. And being a bit older, it's nice to have our time together and our separate spaces.

A long answer to a simple question, huh?

You know I will announce it someday. Lol.

Thanks again,
sg wink
Posted By: Elly4 Re: Vote: Cadet For Moderator - 04/01/15 02:57 AM
Congratulations, Cadet!!!
Posted By: Mozza Re: Vote: Cadet For Moderator - 04/01/15 03:33 PM
Let me add my voice to those who praise the elevation of Cadet to green status! Also, I see now that he's doing some cleaning of the sticky posts, which is very welcome.

I suppose this is the right place to bring this up: today, Cadet is changing the enforcement of the rule against external links. The rule is very clear: they are not allowed. The application of the rule though was always flexible: the links that moderators would remove used to be those to competing methods. Most of the rest was tolerated. I think they add tremendously to the board and I'm not sure what removing them contributes.

So here's my suggestion: let's keep the historical policy of tolerance. Unless of course, I'm missing something.

Thanks Cadet!
Posted By: Cadet Re: Vote: Cadet For Moderator - 04/01/15 03:56 PM
Originally Posted By: Mozza
Let me add my voice to those who praise the elevation of Cadet to green status! Also, I see now that he's doing some cleaning of the sticky posts, which is very welcome.

I suppose this is the right place to bring this up: today, Cadet is changing the enforcement of the rule against external links. The rule is very clear: they are not allowed. The application of the rule though was always flexible: the links that moderators would remove used to be those to competing methods. Most of the rest was tolerated. I think they add tremendously to the board and I'm not sure what removing them contributes.

So here's my suggestion: let's keep the historical policy of tolerance. Unless of course, I'm missing something.

Thanks Cadet!

Mozza thank you.

Yesterday I had a long discussion with Virginia about the board, and specifically had the discussion about this topic.
The historical policy, at least for the last 3 years has been no outside links.
Users have been banned or put on moderation for violating this policy.
I believe that the enforcement of this policy has been less
stringent of late because of the lack of moderation, not because of any change in policy.

I am sorry that I have had to become the policeman enforcing a law in this regards.
I can only suggest that you appeal to the lawmakers in this manner.
I can say that 4 or so years ago this was a very heated place, and there was almost no moderation.
I dont think that the lawmakers want it to go back to that again.

I hope that explains it.

Edit - Also thanks to all who have welcomed me as a moderator.
Too many to name, but let me say it is appreciated. smile smile smile
Posted By: Mozza Re: Vote: Cadet For Moderator - 04/01/15 04:01 PM
Thanks for the clarification Cadet. I also appreciate the moderation greatly and I'm happy that the topic of the external links was discussed with Virginia. I'm also pleased with the cleaning that you're doing now.

Before going any further, could you perhaps clarify for us the spirit of the law, the reason why external links are not allowed?
Posted By: Starsky309 Re: Vote: Cadet For Moderator - 04/01/15 04:03 PM
I've never liked the rule, but of course I follow it. And I can understand the "no outside marital message boards," etc. stuff.

I do think it takes away from some of the fun and encouragement of the forum when you can't even post a link to a motivational/inspirational song on YouTube, for example, or a funny video or pic or something. It's not like the forum software used here is chock full of emoticons and such, and these types of things just add to the overall ENJOYMENT of the site and break some of the (understandable) heaviness of the topics involved on a site like this.

FWIW.

Starsky
Posted By: RAI Re: Vote: Cadet For Moderator - 04/02/15 10:18 PM
Congratulations Cadet. Well earned.

RAI
© DivorceBusting.com