Divorcebusting.com
Posted By: dbmod Moderation - 02/17/13 12:48 AM
Hi newcomers!

I apologize that moderation may be slightly slower right now. Please be patient -- we care about you very much. As is becoming unique in this business world, Michele has a long time dedicated staff --- that means we care about you and we car about the board.

It might also mean that even though our goal is 24 hr approval turnaround -- there are slow times.

Your post will be read and approved ASAP.
Posted By: cbtdad Re: Moderation - 02/17/13 01:25 AM
Thanks for the update. I have a few pending since Thursday. I wasn't sure what the deal was
Posted By: SugarBaby31 Re: Moderation - 02/23/13 04:48 PM
I tried to start a few threads but still waiting for approval. Patiently waiting.
Posted By: cbtdad Re: Moderation - 02/23/13 07:56 PM
I haven't had posts how up for 3 or 4 days now?
Posted By: dbmod (NA) Re: Moderation - 02/24/13 08:52 PM
I apologize for the delay. Our goal is 24 hour turnaround but thine are times when we cannot achieve that.
Posted By: makingmagic (NA) Re: Moderation - 02/25/13 12:25 AM
my posts are finally visable... thank you, now I just want someone to reply.... (learning patience)

tx again!
Posted By: EngineThatCould (NA) Re: Moderation - 02/25/13 06:25 PM
Hello! I would like to change my screen name and when I edit my profile it states that i need Admin approval. How do I go about getting that? Thanks!
Posted By: Cadet Re: (NA) Re: Moderation - 02/26/13 01:21 AM
Originally Posted By: AllenSC
Hello! I would like to change my screen name and when I edit my profile it states that i need Admin approval. How do I go about getting that? Thanks!

Enter the info in the profile and submit it and it will be submitted to an admin, then have patience.
Posted By: Cadet Re: (NA) Re: Moderation - 02/26/13 01:26 AM
Oh and I believe only one change is allowed per name.
I dont know if that is forever or not.
Posted By: EngineThatCould Re: (NA) Re: Moderation - 02/26/13 02:56 AM
Thank you
Posted By: PatientMan Re: (NA) Re: Moderation - 02/28/13 08:23 PM
Is there a waiting period (# of posts or time as a registered user) that is used to take a new user off of the delayed moderation?
Posted By: dbmod (NA) Re: (NA) Re: Moderation - 03/02/13 02:56 AM
Hi tehmack-

We try to approve posts within 24 hours, but there are times when it takes longer...I apologize. Newbies are on full moderation and can post freely with a good posting history. We appreciate your patience.
Posted By: Cadet Re: (NA) Re: Moderation - 03/02/13 10:58 PM
Originally Posted By: tehmackdaddy
Is there a waiting period (# of posts or time as a registered user) that is used to take a new user off of the delayed moderation?

We had a discussion on it on this thread attached
http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2318792&page=1
Posted By: reb9597 Re: (NA) Re: Moderation - 03/13/13 02:38 PM
What are the rules for PM? Can't send any?
Posted By: mrtwopointfour Re: (NA) Re: Moderation - 03/16/13 06:12 PM
Hi there, sorry to be impatient, I know that is something I need to learn, but I am feeling desperate. I post some days back and since then my sitch has changed somewhat to the point of knowing my W has spent the weekend with OM when she told me and the kids she was visiting a friend! Can you release my post please so I can talk to people??!
Posted By: LoveU2 Re: (NA) Re: Moderation - 03/17/13 11:08 PM
I'm wondering if I am doing something wrong, or just not understanding moderation....

When I click on 'my stuff', then 'view profile', it says:
Member #: 31824
Title: New Member
Total Posts: 1
Registered on: 11/25/12 06:35 PM

So I should have my original post floating out there somewhere. But under 'my stuff', when I then click 'Posts', it says 'This user has made no posts.' And therefore I can't find my original post. Is there another way to find it? Or will it just not be visible until I come off moderation?
Posted By: LoveU2 Re: (NA) Re: Moderation - 03/17/13 11:09 PM
Or since my original post is not visible after all these months, that it was 'diapproved' for some reason? Just confused.
Posted By: LoveU2 Re: (NA) Re: Moderation - 03/18/13 02:49 AM
Ok yay, posts from today have been approved - but still can't find my original post from November to be able to update and continue thread of my original story. Any way a mod might be able to go back and approve that from a few months ago? Or is it lost to the black hole of the interwebs? "My Profile" shows I have 5 total posts, but when I click to 'show posts' only the 4 from today show up.
Posted By: Cadet Re: (NA) Re: Moderation - 03/18/13 11:48 PM
Originally Posted By: LoveU2
Or since my original post is not visible after all these months, that it was 'diapproved' for some reason? Just confused.

I am not a moderator but if you made a post on 11/25/12 and it still has not shown up, I would guess it got lost somehow.

I would suggest you post again.

It appears right at this moment your profile say 6 posts and 4 are visible. Once moderation is ended the amount of posts you have should be equal to the amount stated on your profile.

But the moderation makes it very confusing for everyone on the board.

Sorry but that is the decsion that MWD has made.

And it is her board and her rules.
Posted By: Cadet Re: (NA) Re: Moderation - 03/18/13 11:50 PM
Originally Posted By: reb9597
What are the rules for PM? Can't send any?

PM's do not work here. they are disabled for everyone.
Posted By: LoveU2 Re: (NA) Re: Moderation - 03/19/13 12:40 AM
Ok thanks, wish I had saved it in a separate document to be able to go back and copy/paste but wasn't that smart! If a moderator was able to find it I'd be so grateful, but I'll start working on a new topic for my situation.
Posted By: dbmod Re: (NA) Re: Moderation - 03/20/13 12:17 AM
I do not see a post for you that far back.
Posted By: cat04 Re: (NA) Re: Moderation - 03/20/13 01:33 AM
Originally Posted By: LoveU2
When I click on 'my stuff', then 'view profile', it says:
Member #: 31824
Title: New Member
Total Posts: 1
Registered on: 11/25/12 06:35 PM

Originally Posted By: dbmod on 2/28/2013
I apologize for the delay. Our goal is 24 hour turnaround but thine are times when we cannot achieve that.

As a “vet” here, I can say that I find this to be very upsetting. I have said many times that while I understand the reasons for moderation, if I was a newbie, I would be busy looking for other means of help after a day or two.

I can understand a 24 hour turnaround time but this is November until March. Which is a little bit more than 24 hours.

And if we are honest, the turnaround has been longer than 24 hours for several months now. I do understand that circumstances behind that…

I did check LoveU2 posting history. She has 7 posts, only 6 show, and no topics created so there is a “lost” post somewhere in cyberspace. Regardless, I think it may be time for something to change, because this obviously is NOT working.

I am not suggesting stopping moderation…more help maybe?
Posted By: dbmod Re: (NA) Re: Moderation - 03/20/13 01:57 AM
This has nothing to do with moderation turn around. Just because a post doesn't show doesn't mean it hasn't been reviewed, although I do not know the circumstances here.

You are right, even though the goal for turning around moderation is 24 hours, often we do not make that goal.

Please email Virginia@divorcebusting.com with your suggestions.
Posted By: mrtwopointfour Re: (NA) Re: Moderation - 03/24/13 04:58 PM
Good Afternoon.

Sorry to be impatient. I am in the middle of reading DR, & I have a thread which was starting to get me in a good place, but now I seem to be stuck with my posts which are not showing since the 21st. How many posts do I need to be allowed to be off Moderation? I think I am up to 31 now.

Not at all having a dig here, I understand I have to be patient, and there is a reason for being on moderation. But I am feeling like I need interact with people on here, and seem to be loosing momentum with my conversations. Many Thanks.
Posted By: dbmod (NA) Re: (NA) Re: Moderation - 03/24/13 09:16 PM
I understand, and apologize for the day. Full moderation is not based on a number of posts. You should be posting freely soon.
Posted By: mrtwopointfour Re: (NA) Re: (NA) Re: Moderation - 03/24/13 10:12 PM
Originally Posted By: dbmod
I understand, and apologize for the day. Full moderation is not based on a number of posts. You should be posting freely soon.

Not at all, no need to apologise. rules are there for a reason. I am just eager to answer questions I'm real time smile
© DivorceBusting.com