Divorcebusting.com
Posted By: Denver_2010 65 Days... - 06/27/11 04:30 PM
Just realized that I need to begin a new thread... Figure that my anniversary would be a good day to do it.

I just posted this on my last thread... but want to repost here:

I am a little down today. It is my anniversary. W and I have both stuck to the no contact thing for the past several days. I have not heard from her since she sent a text message to her mom, her sis and me on Thursday evening, and haven't spoken to her since Wednesday night.

My mind has certainly tried to play its tricks on me. I have no evidence that W is doing anything other than what she told me that she was going to do. In fact, pictures on her facebook account seem to confirm everything... of course pictures on FB can never account for every minute of a person's day.

Since last speaking with W, I have been to the gym every day except for Saturday. I went out for drinks with some friends on Saturday night and had a good time. And I've gotten a little work done, which is good.

I have found myself thinking a lot about my hurt in what has happened over the past couple of months. I find that I have a lot of anger towards my W when I really think about it. There have been a couple of times when I've actually thought to myself that I may not be able to ever let that go. Basically, it comes down to be extremely disappointed in my W for not being stronger about being able to be alone and for not taking our S as a time to work on herself as I feel that I have.

I do think that it is necessary for me to be processing this stuff.

I also know that I want to forgive W ... and I still want to have a happy M with her. I know that IF that happens, that, someday, all of the trash from the past 7 months will be nothing but a blip in the story of our lives. This is what I hold on to.

Like I said, today is our anniversary. I'm not sure whether or not I should send W a text or something to at least acknowledge it.

I would appreciate some thoughts on that...

thanks
Denver
Posted By: alamo76 Re: 65 Days... - 06/27/11 04:31 PM
Sorry, I responded in your last thread.
Posted By: Denver_2010 Re: 65 Days... - 06/27/11 04:46 PM
No worries Alamo. I am following both for thoughts on the issue. It is tough for me, because W and I are talking about possible reconciliation.

So I am questioning whether or not I should really just ignore today... even if she does.

I don't know.

Thanks for your advice Alamo.

Denver
Posted By: 2stepboogie Re: 65 Days... - 06/27/11 04:48 PM
If anything I would send a text.

Somthing simple.

"Still worth remembering. Hope you have a good day"

as suggested by 25 on my thread awhile ago.
Posted By: ~¤DG¤~ Re: 65 Days... - 06/27/11 04:50 PM
Denver,

I was in your shoes last week, it was our Anniversary last Thursday.
It went unacknowledged by both of us. Like you, I also haven't had any contact with my H since last wednesday when he sent me that text I posted on my thread.

I admit, I'm a little jealous that you can be angry about things. I wish I could, anger was always my defense mechanism and I have vowed to not do anything out of anger again. Being angry would make things so much easier.

As for wishing her a Happy Anniversary, I'm not sure how you should proceed. I mean, it isn't exactly a happy time in your M right now. I suppose you could say something else if you really wanted to, but I am at a loss as to what it should be.
Posted By: alamo76 Re: 65 Days... - 06/27/11 05:01 PM
Well, since you two are talking about reconciling -- that changes my opinion altogether. I say send something really short and simple, but with heart, per 2Step/25 said.
Posted By: MHL Re: 65 Days... - 06/27/11 05:15 PM
Originally Posted By: Denver_2010

It is tough for me, because W and I are talking about possible reconciliation.

You guys have discussed it.....at length and probably too much in my opinion.

Ball is completely in her court.

Discussing reconciling and actually reconciling are 2 different things.

Is she trying to get to a point to where she feels comfortable "COMMITING" again........

YES

Has she committed yet??????

NO

She has very clearly stated that there are "No guarantees"

Translate.........

I do not know what I want, I don't know if I want to be married and furthermore I don't know if I want to be married to you.

Still wanna send that "Happy Anniversary" text???

Really, she is not with you on your Anniversary.....actions speak louder than words.......

I am not trying to stoke the fire here......

Just a little reality check......

There will be other Anniversaries to celebrate.....

Don't worry about this one.....

fact is that you will want to forget about this one anyway....

no matter the outcome.

Make the day forgetable........do nothing special.

It is Monday.......do whatever you would normally do on any other Monday.

Hard to do I know but this stuff ain't easy.

Cheers
Posted By: 25yearsmlc Re: 65 Days... - 06/27/11 05:17 PM
it's not a sad time for Denver (unless HE makes it sad).

It is a hopeful time.

Geez does everyone have amnesia again?

They are moving towards each other. This is the best place Denver's marriage has been for months.

Did I miss something? Did something change in the last 3 weeks?

Last I heard, they were taking some time for themselves b/c they did not want to rush the reconciliation... and

they want to be careful about it. Seems healthy to me!

Yes I know, they are NOT reconciled yet. But there has been such progress and it's the most hopeful time in their m in months or a year.

And somehow we are all comforting Denver in his painful hour...I don't get it.

Sorry but what's with the doom & gloom?

I see hope.
Posted By: 25yearsmlc Re: 65 Days... - 06/27/11 05:19 PM
I totally disagree with not doing something today.

Whether you want to contact her or not, you know how I feel about that.

But do something for yourself today that you enjoy.

Comfort yourself.
Posted By: alamo76 Re: 65 Days... - 06/27/11 05:26 PM
I agree with 25. I did have a brain fart in that I forgot that there was talk about reconciling. IMO, if I were in your shoes, Denver, as much as this anniversary reminds you of what is, I'd be upbeat and happy because of what can be.
Posted By: Jack_Three_Beans Re: 65 Days... - 06/27/11 06:22 PM
Is it July yet?
Posted By: alamo76 Re: 65 Days... - 06/27/11 06:28 PM
Originally Posted By: Jack_Three_Beans
Is it July yet?

Yes, why do you ask, Jack? Oh wait, was that a trick question, or was that even directed at me?
Posted By: Jack_Three_Beans Re: 65 Days... - 06/27/11 06:33 PM
Sorry Alamo, no it was a question to Denver.

And...it's July? huh, that's weird.
Posted By: 2stepboogie Re: 65 Days... - 06/27/11 06:52 PM
So Denver what happens when the thread is titled "24 hours to go" and you are still in the same place?

Just wondering
Posted By: any chance? Re: 65 Days... - 06/27/11 06:54 PM
IMO, I think a simple text with no followup might be appropriate. You have been with this woman a long time, and she has been very special to you in the past.

Perhaps: "Happy Anniversary. Thinking of you"
Posted By: LITB Re: 65 Days... - 06/27/11 07:02 PM
Denver, I don't have much to add so I found some quotes for you.

“How you think about a problem is more important than the problem itself. So always think positively.”
- NORMAN VINCENT PEALE

“If you wish to travel far and fast, travel light. Take off all of your envies, jealousies, unforgiveness, selfishness and fear”
- CESARE PAVESE

"The very best proof that something can be done is that someone has already done it"
-- BERTRAND RUSSELL

I hope the rest of your day is pleasant despite the storm you find yourself in.
Posted By: LITB Re: 65 Days... - 06/27/11 07:09 PM
Originally Posted By: 25yearsmlc
Unless there's a no contact "rule", For anniversaries, why not send a card or flowers and write

"It's still worth remembering"...

I saved this from one of 25's post and think it fits your sitch Denver. The card and flowers might be too much, perhaps just a simple text. IDK. Something to think about I suppose.
Posted By: MHL Re: 65 Days... - 06/27/11 07:20 PM

I have been following along for a little while now and really hesitated chiming in on Denver's thread b/c he is getting great advice and his situation seems to be improving......

I too was concerned when there was a lot of talk about boundaries, transparency, trust and verify, etc.

Way too early for this kind of talk.

Basically a lot of focus on Denver's W, his W's words, his W's actions, and really getting away from Denver focusing on Denver.

As you said, focusing on your role in the downfall of the marriage is very important......I think Denver has identified those things that he did or failed to do in his marriage.

Has he fixed those things?????......

probably not yet and probably there is no permenant "fix", it is probably a "life-long work in progress" thing.

At some point though I think that one needs to move past those mistakes and start to focus on the positive things in their individual life, this is where true happiness is found.

When you discover that your individual happiness is not tied to the success or failure of your marriage you can start to make decisions that are "healthy" for you as an individual.

IMO, Denver and his W are NOT reconciling nor are they trying to reconcile, and to be clear.......

Reconciling or Reconciliation is a process that takes place over time.

Reconciled is the past tense of reconciling and is how a committed couple in a happy marriage would collectively refer to their relationship.

What is reconciling or better yet what is reconciling to DENVER?

Also.....

What does reconciling look like to Denver?

Correct me if I am wrong, but if Denver and his wife are in the process of reconciling then there is a commitment of both people to "work" on the marriage and there is an understanding that it will be hard work and that it will not be easy.

Furthermore......if they agree that they are in reconciliation then both parties "want" the marriage to work and want to be married to each other.......right???

Did DENVER make it clear to his wife that in THIS "space" MONTH there are to be no OPs?

No he did not make it clear, but they are not reconciling.....

they are just talking about it. To "make it clear" would be to clarify a boundary that Denver has.......and quite a reasonable one at that, really more like a minimum. If Denver clarified his boundary it would only add pressure, make him look weak and controlling.

What is a poor man to do????

Look away my friend, close FB, stop texting, stop engaging her.....you have made your intentions clear.......

You would like to work on the marriage.

She heard you..........now let her decide.

Last I heard, they were taking some time for themselves b/c they did not want to rush the reconciliation... and

They are not rushing "reconciliation" because they are not in the act of reconciling.

THIS IS THE POINT I AM TRYING TO MAKE........

When Denver's W commits THEN there will be clear expectations on both sides, otherwise it will fail.

I am not trying to promote doom and gloom but rather a healthy look at things as they stand.

I see Denver moving closer to his W and his W seems to be receptive and cautious however at some point it is reasonable for Denver to have some "expectations" of his wife in a committed relationship.

If things continue as they are it is only going to cause Denver great pain and he is going to come back here over and over and over again.......frustrated, hurt and confused.

IMO Denver needs to let his W take a step towards him. Until that time he needs to focus on himself.......his marriage is on hold, there is a time out..........

I bet if you asked Denver's W about their marriage she would completely agree that they are on a "time out".

Everytime he engages his W he is sending a message that says he is okay with the situation as it stands.........clearly he is not "okay" with things as they are.

It bothers him and it will continue to bother him.......

How can he expect her to stop what she is doing if he continually sends the message that he is "okay" with her actions.

He doesn't know what she is doing or who she is with.........

it bothers him.

Is this how Denver envisions reconciliation??????

If he does not stop engaging her this is exactly what reconciliation will look like for them.

Denver,

Give the positive steps you have made time to take hold.

You are trying to watch the grass grow.......

TIME my friend......TIME.

throw out that deadline you have.....

there is more pain ahead if you hold on to that one.

Love your W from afar.......it is still okay to love her....

Go buy a card, tell her how much you love and adore her,

Date the card.....seal it....put it away for another day.

There will come a day when you guys ARE RECONCILED and it will just be a normal day.......think about how she will feel when you give her that card on that day. You can tell her that you were thinking of her even when you guys were apart.

How is that???

Cheers
Posted By: 25yearsmlc Re: 65 Days... - 06/27/11 07:38 PM
I don't really "disagree" with your comments

although I want to acknowledge that they have made progress.

Only a few months ago things looked a lot worse than they do now.

I don't know if it's semantics or more, but clearly they are not reconciled yet,

but they are considering it...that's something.

As for the anniversary

I feel it's kind of important to say something, but not to do a lot.

It's a fine line --but I do NOT believe

that any Single thing Denver does or says, short of a big event, (e.g., hitting her, screaming, losing his temper or repeating old bad behaviors in a big way)

will determine their future.

Denver, remember that question I asked,

which was something like

"isn't the core reason for your past mistreatment of your w,

based on fear in some form? Fear of losing control, fear of her leaving you", etc.

And those fears were the reason you criticized her, & fear is why you sometimes berated her and well...

rather than me going on in this line, b/c... well,

b/c I don't want to rehash the negatives

as I honestly believe you have owned your part

I just want to show you the possibility you are repeating old behaviors...at some level.
Posted By: Redo Re: 65 Days... - 06/27/11 08:39 PM
MHL, wow your analysis and suggestions were great!!
Posted By: Denver_2010 Re: 65 Days... - 06/28/11 07:03 PM
Not July in Alaska yet Jack?? Huh, that's weird. wink
Posted By: Denver_2010 Re: 65 Days... - 06/28/11 09:41 PM
Thanks for the replies everyone. I love the debate that always seems to happen on my thread! It does get me to think. Unfortunately, it sometimes leaves me as confused as ever. The bottom line though is that there is no 'right' answer. I have to take the good advice that I am given and decide for myself if and how it should apply to my situation.

I can't reply to everyone that posted yesterday, but I want to reply to a few things:

Originally Posted By: MHL

Any response or no response from her will fall short of your expectations and WILL cause you more pain.

Thanks for your advice MHL. I appreciate it even if I won't always follow it. Like I said above, I have to take all of the good advice and decide what is applicable to my situation.

To your quote above, my answer would be, 'not if I don't have expectations'.

In my update to follow this post, you will see that I did contact W yesterday. I was really adamant with myself to not have expectations. I think that I did a good job.

If you are afraid that if you do not acknowledge the day to her will somehow impact her decision.........well "Quash It" (Sorry, my GF makes me watch Jersey Shore, LOL)

I agree with 25, I don't think that anything that I do or don't do, other than something huge, is going to make or break my situation right now.

universal constant in every situation that is here on these boards is TIME.

This stuff takes TIME........

This ^^^ would be my #1 piece of advice to newcomers here.

When we first come here, we have no idea what this means. We think that there is no chance in hell that we will make it a week, let alone a month, or 7 months... or longer?

first, you are starting to focus on your pain and forgetting your part in how you got here.

I see a lot of that in the posts you get about "setting boundaries" as if you are in a position to push for that now.

And as if she doesn't have the right to the same. As usual, these folks focus almost exclusively on "the affair"

which, excuse me, she does NOT see as being nearly as "wrong" as you and they do.

And from where I sit, she has a point.

and BEFORE I GET SLAMMED FOR "SUPPORTING ADULTERY",

save it, spare me, and drop it. I am not interested in debating that. I am speaking for her point of view and she's not insane to have it.

I understand what you are saying 25, and I agree. If I saw this as all about my pain and W's actions (whatever you want to call it), there is no way that I could move past it... nor would I even want to move past it.

I recognize that how you want to describe her actions is really irrelevant. There are different perspectives... my W has her's... I have mine... and people here have their own.

Bottom line for me is that her actions do not constitute a true 'affair' as most people think of it. We were NOT living together, there were obvious problems in our M, W was through with our M, I had even told her to leave at one point prior to her doing so... So her actions were not something that she was doing behind my back while sleeping in our bed or living in our house.

Had that been the case, I would view her actions completely differently... and they might be deal breakers.

One thing that she told me back in March or April that is interesting when talking about this, that I never mentioned here on the board:

W and I were discussing her R with OM... she told me that I had been stupid for not moving out of our house when our problems had become so bad that I had said that I was done with the M... W said that she never would have brought another man into OUR house... and that if I had been the one to make the decision to leave, she probably would have stayed more in touch with the M and would have not have had to work so hard to 'move on' in her mind.

I don't know if any of that is true, but it is interesting that W thinks that. And it really doesn't matter at this point.

For me, whether or not W's actions constitute an affair really depends on the time of day, LOL. One minute, I find myself thinking that it is absolutely bullsh!t that she did what she did... then the next minute, I think that if I HAD been the one to leave, I probably would have done the same... and had I met someone who made me feel like I wanted to feel... made me feel like I was special... well, it would probably be very difficult to let that go... even IF I decided that I still wanted to work on my M with W.

Affair, dating... absolute rights... absolute wrongs... they are all just matters of perspective.

Second, if you are discovering that you cannot forgive this or let it go, I'd suggest you get a DB coach and see if they or a counselor can help you with this.

If it's not something you can achieve, then spare her and yourself further pain and just go ahead and divorce.

But own this.

This is what I KNOW... I KNOW that I WANT to forgive myself and my W for everything that has happened... I KNOW that I want to work on our M... I KNOW that I want to have a NEW, better, healthier M WITH MY W. ... I KNOW that I am willing to do everything that I can to make this happen.

This is what I DO NOT know... I do NOT know if this issue will be something that will bother me more if and when we get to the point where we are reconciling (notice the present tense use here MHL wink ) ... I DO NOT know that it will NOT be something that prevents W from being able to successful work on reconciling...

I worry about the stuff that I do NOT know.

Finally, as for the anniversary, I am conflicted.

A part of me thinks a text saying something like "just so you know, I didn't forget, so Happy Anniversary"

or just something that shows

that [i]while you do recall it and you do care about it

you also are respecting her wish to have space for this month
[/i]
Are you planning on calling her at 12:01 am July 1? (Hope not).

Maybe you can let her initiate the end of the "space period" & renewal of contact time,

unless you already arranged something.

My daughter flies in on Friday to spend the month of July with me. W has told me that she and her sister have already made plans to see my D quite a bit (she said this in jest, but there is truth to it)... W and I talked about taking the kids to see fireworks on the 4th... we've talked about taking the kids to a Colorado Rockies game on July 3rd for their annual fireworks show (although no tickets yet)... We've talked about going to her niece's birthday party on July 9th... We have our trip to Disney World planned... we've talked about the possibility of W going with me to my H.S. reunion (recent talk)... and we've talked about going to our pool with the kids during the days...

I have a feeling that we will be spending a lot of time together in July... barring W changing her thoughts on where she is with things bw us... which is possible considering that she will have spent the latter part of June by herself thinking about her future.

Denver, I never said this was easy. But it IS simple. And you are inflicting pain on yourself and hurting your cause, but at some point you will

have to get sick & tired of feeling so sick & tired.

At that point, you will, we hope, choose to let go of that which you cannot control.

My main point here is that

I hope you won't sabotage things so that you can know forever that

if things don't pan out and you do not reconcile, it won't be b/c of your fears and failure to contain them.

In a way, isn't that part of why you mistreated her in the first place?

Fearing loss of control? How are you working on repairing this trait?

((( )))

I did contact her yesterday for our anniversary. I will update.

I think that I am doing a pretty good job with giving W her space and time as she and I discussed for June. I have not initiated contact with her in 8 days... and that was only to let her know that the trip to disney world was booked.

I have not mentioned my trust issues nor have I asked her about OM in 9 days...

I vent here a lot, but I've been doing pretty well with W.

How am I dealing with fear of loss of control? ummmm... I have no idea how to deal with that. I am a type A personality and a bit of a control freak with everything in my life... However, this whole experience has taught me a ton about the fact that I control NOTHING when it comes to other people.

Can I remember that in the future? Can I apply what I have learned in the future? I hope so. I hope to remember everything that I have learned through this.

Originally Posted By: Starsky309

I only brought it up because DENVER said that a continued relationship with OM during this "space" period was a dealbreaker for him, and everyone was dancing around (and apologizing for) even THINKING about a transparency plan, and I pointed out that it's a perfectly reasonable request at this stage of the game, considering all that's happened.

I did say that after the toilet incident. The problem is that it is also very difficult to demand a transparency plan when we also agreed to take most of June to ourselves. Like I've said before, I don't think that I have any choice but to trust W this.

I do agree with you, however, that until his wife comes to HIM and says "I really do want to work on the marriage; let's discuss what it's going to take," then NEITHER ONE of them are in a position to try to enforce boundaries upon the other. The ONLY boundary I've been advocating is "no dating other people while we're in this trying-to-decide-what-to-do-about-our-marriage" period, since Denver has consistently said that is extremely important to him ... a dealbreaker, in fact.
Starsky

I advocate for that boundary as well Starsky.

I believe his said "incidental contact" (like at work) was OK, but no relationship. But I do agree, his entire timelines has been fraught with fuzzy boundary-setting and articulation. I objected to it at the time, too, because I thought it would be ripe for parsing later on.

There was zero boundary setting during the first part of our separation (Dec-Feb)... fuzzy and assumed boundaries for the second part (March-May)... but I think that I have been very clear for the third part (June-present).

BTW, for newcomers... Don't assume that a boundary regarding anything in a separation is clear between you and your spouse ... I agree with Starsky and others that IF you want a boundary, that it has to be made VERY clear.

I do stress the word 'IF' bc I don't think that an LBS is often in a place where they can demand a boundary... and if you are not in a place to demand a boundary, trying to do so can lead you straight and fast to the big D.

and she's not even the lawyer here... smirk

Very funny 25... LOL

Yeah, I guess that she worked me over on that one.

it's not a sad time for Denver (unless HE makes it sad).

It is a hopeful time.

Geez does everyone have amnesia again?

They are moving towards each other. This is the best place Denver's marriage has been for months.

Did I miss something? Did something change in the last 3 weeks?

Yes I know, they are NOT reconciled yet. But there has been such progress and it's the most hopeful time in their m in months or a year.

And somehow we are all comforting Denver in his painful hour...I don't get it.

Sorry but what's with the doom & gloom?

I see hope.

Thanks 25. I think that things are hopeful too. I may sometimes sound "doom and gloom" here bc I WANT things to move more quickly than they are.

But yes, things are better now than they have been a quite a long time.

I'm also being very cautious with my emotions and expectations though. I got burned in April/May and do not want to go through that again.

Originally Posted By: alamo76
I agree with 25. I did have a brain fart in that I forgot that there was talk about reconciling. IMO, if I were in your shoes, Denver, as much as this anniversary reminds you of what is, I'd be upbeat and happy because of what can be.

Thanks Alamo. I need to hear that there is hope... as long as it's not complete b.s. wink

Originally Posted By: 2stepboogie
So Denver what happens when the thread is titled "24 hours to go" and you are still in the same place?

I reassess when my timeline of 90 days expires... come on 2Step... I've told you this! smile

The timeline is more of a goal to help me to be patient... not a deadline for W or my sitch.

It is helping me keep what's left of my sanity.

I too was concerned when there was a lot of talk about boundaries, transparency, trust and verify, etc.

Way too early for this kind of talk.

It probably is too early to talk about transparency and verification.

But I disagree that it is too early to talk about boundaries and trust.

I have a boundary of no OPs bc I do not think that our M has ANY chance of being fixed if the are OPs in the picture for either me or my W. It has been 7 months since my W left me... and 8 months since she dropped the bomb that she was DONE and intended to leave.

IF there is no chance that our M can be fixed, then I am ready to begin moving on with my life.

So... this is my equation... OPs = No chance of fixing M = Me moving on = me being open to finding happiness with OW.

That is where I am. And that place is different than the place I was in when W first left.

Trust is simply something that has to be there ... even now... If I can't or don't trust W, and vice versa, then there is no point in continuing to fight for this M.

As you said, focusing on your role in the downfall of the marriage is very important......I think Denver has identified those things that he did or failed to do in his marriage.

Has he fixed those things?????......

probably not yet and probably there is no permenant "fix", it is probably a "life-long work in progress" thing.

Thanks for acknowledging that I have identified those things MHL.

Have I fixed them? I think that I've worked really hard to figure out how I can avoid repeating those mistakes.

BUT, I agree that it will ALWAYS be a work in progress.

Can I put that work into practice IF W and I get to the point where we are reconciling? I really do think so.

BUT I will always need to be mindful of those mistakes... of the damage that they caused... of my W's feelings and insecurities caused by them... And ALWAYS be mindful to NOT become complacent.

At some point though I think that one needs to move past those mistakes and start to focus on the positive things in their individual life, this is where true happiness is found.

When you discover that your individual happiness is not tied to the success or failure of your marriage you can start to make decisions that are "healthy" for you as an individual.

I know, and have actually always known, that my happiness is NOT tied to my M. Before my W, I was very happy being single. I have also have a history of being very happy in other R's with OW (before W of course).

As I mentioned in 2Step's thread, I take exception to those who say that I came here out of fear (not saying that this is what you are saying MHL)...

I came here bc I love my W and KNOW that I did NOT do my best in my M.

Letting W go... letting my M go... was not something I was willing to do without a fight...

And... I wanted to know WHY this happened... and to fix the things that I have control over, ie, me, so that I do not repeat these mistakes in the future.

But it was not out of fear... nor was it bc I think that I cannot be happy without my W.

What is reconciling or better yet what is reconciling to DENVER?

Also.....

What does reconciling look like to Denver?

I would consider W and I 'reconciling' our M when we BOTH get to the point where we are recommitted to each other... committed to WORKING at having a great M... and BOTH acknowledging our hope and wish that our M is a successful one going forward.

I agree that we are not 'reconciling' right now... W is still not on board.

Correct me if I am wrong, but if Denver and his wife are in the process of reconciling then there is a commitment of both people to "work" on the marriage and there is an understanding that it will be hard work and that it will not be easy.

Furthermore......if they agree that they are in reconciliation then both parties "want" the marriage to work and want to be married to each other.......right???

What I just said... I agree MHL. And I really don't think that 25 would even remotely disagree with that.

Did DENVER make it clear to his wife that in THIS "space" MONTH there are to be no OPs?

No he did not make it clear, but they are not reconciling.....

they are just talking about it. To "make it clear" would be to clarify a boundary that Denver has.......and quite a reasonable one at that, really more like a minimum. If Denver clarified his boundary it would only add pressure, make him look weak and controlling.

I do think that I made my boundary VERY clear on June 3rd MHL. I told my W that I was walking if OM or any OM is in her life... except for minimal and necessary incidental contact as Starsky mentioned.

And I clarified that boundary 9 days ago, prior to booking our trip to Disney World.

I do agree that if I continually clarify that boundary, it will make me look weak and controlling... and add pressure.

I have not brought it up since the conversation 9 days ago and do not intend to do so.

What is a poor man to do????

Look away my friend, close FB, stop texting, stop engaging her.....you have made your intentions clear.......

You would like to work on the marriage.

She heard you..........now let her decide.

I disagree... FOR NOW. As I said above, I expect W and I to spend quite a bit of time together in July.

While I do not intend to initiate R talk or engage in temperature checking with W, I will be hoping that she moves closer to making a decision to move into the 'reconciling' phase by the end of July. My reason for this, is that I think that she has shown signs that she is close.

Now, if July comes and goes, and W is no closer to that, or farther away from that, then I think that I very well may need to disengage to an extent.

My timeline of 90 days (not a deadline) takes me to the end of August... my plan at the point is to reassess the situation... and what I need to do to look out for my personal happiness...

I can tough this out until then. Hell, I've dealt with 7/8 months of more emotional pain that I ever thought possible... I can endure another 2 months.

They are not rushing "reconciliation" because they are not in the act of reconciling.

THIS IS THE POINT I AM TRYING TO MAKE........

Semanatics there MHL. Present tense vs. past tense... We are not rushing to either.

When Denver's W commits THEN there will be clear expectations on both sides, otherwise it will fail.

I am not trying to promote doom and gloom but rather a healthy look at things as they stand.

And I think that you are right to do so... to remind me of that.

I see Denver moving closer to his W and his W seems to be receptive and cautious however at some point it is reasonable for Denver to have some "expectations" of his wife in a committed relationship.

Absolutely... and I think that my W realizes this. She knows that I will not be around forever.

And frankly, my W is not someone who is capable of being happy living in this limbo herself.

She knows that she needs to make a decision and that her failure to do so is causing us BOTH unhappiness right now... as well as SS.

In fact, I think that W is putting a lot of pressure on herself to make a decision... I'm actually kind of worried about that.

If things continue as they are it is only going to cause Denver great pain and he is going to come back here over and over and over again.......frustrated, hurt and confused.

IMO Denver needs to let his W take a step towards him. Until that time he needs to focus on himself.......his marriage is on hold, there is a time out..........

ugh yes... the old 'focus on yourself' stuff... I'm someone who is SUCH a singularly focused person that this is SO difficult for me.

Again, why I need my 90 day timeline...

For me, I can endure the limbo and the pain until that deadline has passed...

but at some point, I am going to have to focus on myself and my happiness again.

I bet if you asked Denver's W about their marriage she would completely agree that they are on a "time out".

She would agree... no doubt.

Everytime he engages his W he is sending a message that says he is okay with the situation as it stands.........clearly he is not "okay" with things as they are.

It bothers him and it will continue to bother him.......

How can he expect her to stop what she is doing if he continually sends the message that he is "okay" with her actions.

Again MHL, I think that W knows that I am NOT okay with the way that things are. And again, I don't think that she is either.

Could I be wrong? Yup.

If so, I will let you tell me 'told you so'... wink

He doesn't know what she is doing or who she is with.........

it bothers him.

Is this how Denver envisions reconciliation??????

Absolutely not.

But I disagree that I don't at least have a good idea of who she is with and what she is doing... unless I think that she is lying.

She has gave me her agenda for the last two weeks of June. It included most of the 'who', 'where' and 'when' of what she is doing.

Could there be omissions? Yeah, of course. This is where plain old trust has to come in ...

Nothing I can do if she violates that... other than be done of course.

If he does not stop engaging her this is exactly what reconciliation will look like for them.

I disagree... W can't live like this... it is not in her DNA.

but I do NOT believe

that any Single thing Denver does or says, short of a big event, (e.g., hitting her, screaming, losing his temper or repeating old bad behaviors in a big way)

will determine their future.

I agree 25.

Denver, remember that question I asked,

which was something like

"isn't the core reason for your past mistreatment of your w,

based on fear in some form? Fear of losing control, fear of her leaving you", etc.

And those fears were the reason you criticized her, & fear is why you sometimes berated her and well...

rather than me going on in this line, b/c... well,

b/c I don't want to rehash the negatives

as I honestly believe you have owned your part

I just want to show you the possibility you are repeating old behaviors...at some level.

Oh yeah 25, definitely. Some of these old behaviors are hard to kill completely.

I'm working on it.
Posted By: Denver_2010 Re: 65 Days... - 06/28/11 10:05 PM
^^^^^ Replies above.

UPDATE...

W flew to Philly with one girlfriend who lives here in Denver to visit another girlfriend. She left yesterday morning.

I struggled yesterday bc it was our anniversary.

While I am fairly confident that it had to be in the back of my W's mind, I also know, and understand, that she distracted by the excitement of her trip and by the company of her good friends.

I did not expect W to contact me about our anniversary even if it was on her mind. I know that she does not want to make me believe that she is anything less than undecided on our future together. She doesn't want to put off any sign of weakness in her position... or maybe, she truly has gotten to the point where she really doesn't want to be married anymore. Who knows? (rhetorical)

Anyway, I ultimately decided that I should acknowledge our anniversary. It was always me that was the one in our M who showed very little interest in sentimentality and romance.

So in the spirit of my 180 of being more loving of my W and being more present in our M, I decided that it was the right thing to do.

-------

My text: "Hey! I just want to acknoweldge our anniversary today. It will always be a special day to me. I will never regret asking you to marry me on New Year's Eve in 2008. That is the most tender and loving memory of my life. And I will never regret marrying you on this day. The smartest thing that I have ever done. wink I hope that you are enjoying your time to yourself and that you have a great time in Philly. Please tell GF1 and GF2 hello for me. Me."

W responded about 2 hours later: "thank you. That was nice of you. I'm so tired and delerious so I apologize for my late response."

----

I'm pretty sure that she'd had a few drinks by the time that she replied.

Later, she posted a few photos of herself and her girlfriends together in Philly. She included comments about how much fun she was having and "I'm so happy!" ...

It made me a little sad that she wasn't thinking of me... but that is just selfish thinking...

I understand how and why she was able to have such a good time yesterday.

And I really am glad.

BITS
Denver
Posted By: LearningPatience Re: 65 Days... - 06/29/11 01:29 AM

It made me a little sad that she wasn't thinking of me... but that is just selfish thinking...

You don't know that so it isn't even worth worrying about. Other than that, nice text, not too sappy or too generic.
Posted By: Denver_2010 Re: 65 Days... - 06/29/11 02:59 AM
Originally Posted By: LearningPatience

You don't know that so it isn't even worth worrying about. Other than that, nice text, not too sappy or too generic.

You are right LP.

Thanks on the text. I thought it was good.

BITS
Denver
Posted By: FaithnAK Re: 65 Days... - 06/29/11 05:58 AM

-------

My text: "Hey! I just want to acknoweldge our anniversary today. It will always be a special day to me. I will never regret asking you to marry me on New Year's Eve in 2008. That is the most tender and loving memory of my life. And I will never regret marrying you on this day. The smartest thing that I have ever done. wink I hope that you are enjoying your time to yourself and that you have a great time in Philly. Please tell GF1 and GF2 hello for me. Me."

W responded about 2 hours later: "thank you. That was nice of you. I'm so tired and delerious so I apologize for my late response."

----

Denver, you will do what you want 99% of the time regardless of what anyone recommends. That's ok btw. I did the same thing and I figure everyone else would too given the sitch. It's hard being in your shoes. I do know.

However, now that you have surpassed this anniversary. I strongly suggest you grab your nuts and give a good solid squeeze and MOVE THE OPPOSITE direction. Your gesture and commitment is evident, but how you worded it was a pursuing sad sack. In my opinion you are pursuing her, she had every opportunity you did to wish you a happy anniversary too, but she didn't. She will NOT either.

Quit pursuing! Let her be the one to come to you.

Nice gesture, but you could have saved the sappy stuff and just said "Happy Anniversary" and nothing else.

Why do I say this? well.....

Later, she posted a few photos of herself and her girlfriends together in Philly. She included comments about how much fun she was having and "I'm so happy!" ...

Do you see where you are?

Man, I'm not going to kick you in the cowboys, but for God sake, STOP NOW! Back away. Give her her freedom and become mysterious. If you follow any piece of advice right now... BACK THE F OFF. Let her come to you and don't you make another move towards her until she gives you a reason to. SPACE SPACE SPACE! TIME TIME TIME. If you channel your energy to what makes Denver happy...picture the past 30 days...and continue moving away, she WILL follow. AND NO IT ISN'T JULY yet in AK.

Same old controlling ways Denver? I don't know. Only you can answer that.
Posted By: Starsky309 Re: 65 Days... - 06/29/11 01:55 PM

Trust is simply something that has to be there ... even now... If I can't or don't trust W, and vice versa, then there is no point in continuing to fight for this M.

COMPLETELY disagree, Denver.

This is one of those phrases that always SOUNDS good, but it really makes no logical sense. There can easily be certain periods of time -- based upon recently-past or current behaviors -- where we don't trust a spouse, or one of our children. Trust must be re-earned, over time.

Does that mean that "continuing in the marriage makes no sense" during those times?

Try to think of your wife as being in a period of emotional (and even physiological, since relationships with new and other people can be highly addictive) weakness right now. Those of us who advocate "Trust, but verify" are NOT advocating that you need to take that stance forever. I would agree with you, that if you ALWAYS had to maintain this stance, it wouldn't be any marriage that I would want to be a part of, but during, say, a one-year period where I was desperately fighting to save my marriage, and divorce-bust? Sure.

But that's just me. cool

Starsky
Posted By: Starsky309 Re: 65 Days... - 06/29/11 02:33 PM

So in the spirit of my 180 of being more loving of my W and being more present in our M, I decided that it was the right thing to do. it would make ME feel better.

-------
. . .

It made me a little sad that she wasn't thinking of me...

. . . which is EXACTLY why you were advised NOT to do this, Denver -- the whole "expectations" thing, which you said you had in check. Look, you WANT to have it in check, but we who advise you can see that you don't (and that's okay!), so why do you ask for the specific advise (about acknowledging the anniversary), and then ignore it? I think 2/3rds said NOT TO DO ANYTHING, and another 1/3rd said to send a SIMPLE acknowledgment, but you go ahead and go all "melty/mushy man" on her, with more PRESSURE.

I'm sorry, I think this was a tactical mistake. Not that any ONE of those will kill your chances, but you DO only get so many, and you only get ONE wedding anniversary every 12 months as an opportunity to show your wife that you are giving her space, and possibly even moving on.

Starsky
Posted By: Starsky309 Re: 65 Days... - 06/29/11 02:35 PM
Originally Posted By: FaithnAK

-------

----

Denver, you will do what you want 99% of the time regardless of what anyone recommends. That's ok btw. I did the same thing and I figure everyone else would too given the sitch. It's hard being in your shoes. I do know.

However, now that you have surpassed this anniversary. I strongly suggest you grab your nuts and give a good solid squeeze and MOVE THE OPPOSITE direction. Your gesture and commitment is evident, but how you worded it was a pursuing sad sack. In my opinion you are pursuing her, she had every opportunity you did to wish you a happy anniversary too, but she didn't. She will NOT either.

Quit pursuing! Let her be the one to come to you.

Nice gesture, but you could have saved the sappy stuff and just said "Happy Anniversary" and nothing else.

Why do I say this? well.....

Do you see where you are?

Man, I'm not going to kick you in the cowboys, but for God sake, STOP NOW! Back away. Give her her freedom and become mysterious. If you follow any piece of advice right now... BACK THE F OFF. Let her come to you and don't you make another move towards her until she gives you a reason to. SPACE SPACE SPACE! TIME TIME TIME. If you channel your energy to what makes Denver happy...picture the past 30 days...and continue moving away, she WILL follow. AND NO IT ISN'T JULY yet in AK.

Same old controlling ways Denver? I don't know. Only you can answer that.

Denver,

fwiw, I did NOT see this post by Faith before I sent you my take on it.

I think it's interesting that we both pretty much came to the exact same conclusion.

Starsky
Posted By: cat04 Re: 65 Days... - 06/29/11 02:46 PM
Denver,

I have to agree with the guys on this...

I didn't give you my thoughts prior, because I have learned that you always do what you want to anyway...

I am wondering though...

Do you want your M back or not?

You pursued. You expected. You got your feelings hurt...

I can see you now taking her FB comment and running with it in your head...

"she wasn't thinking about me...what does that mean...is she going to want to reconcile...is she having too much fun without me to do that..." and on and on and on...

I go out without BF and have a GREAT time sometimes, especially if I am with a few girlfriends...

Doesn't mean that I love him any less...

Doesn't mean I am going to leave him...

Doesn't mean anything other than I had a wonderful time and had some fun...

And even if I don't tell him, doesn't mean I didn't miss him or think about him, or wish he was there...

Personally, I would have gone with something much much simpler...

There is a thread in MLC, I think it is listed in the resourses, if not look up Cadet and it is in one of his welcome posts...

called Pursuit VS Distance or something very similar...

Read it...over and over and over...

Especially with this month of spending time together coming up...

This is where you are going to make it or break it with your actions and words (and probably the words, in your head more than anything, will kill you if you aren't careful...)
Posted By: Denver_2010 Re: 65 Days... - 06/29/11 10:23 PM
I want you guys to know that I really do consider all of the advice that I receive here. But I understand why it seems that I will do what I'm going to do anyway. Ultimately, I am going to do what I think is best, that is true. But I do look for views on things that I may not be seeing.

With the anniversary text, I did, and do, see the viewpoint that it was pursuing behavior. I'm sure that it was.

Was it a tactical error? I don't know. I ultimately decided that nothing I proactively did regarding acknowledging the day was going to hurt my situation, but that NOT doing something COULD actually cause damage (W may have interpreted as me being the old Denver).

So that's why I ended up sending the text.

I honestly had not decided until I posted here and received most of the feedback that I did. And I didn't sent it until 8 p.m. east coast time (W is in Philly). So I really did put off making the call until as late as I could.

Could the text have been more simple and not as mushy? Sure. I suppose. I personally thought that it was pretty straight forward... but also heartfelt.

I do think that you guys are confused on the expectations that I had. I worded the text so as it did not call for a response. I didn't know whether W would respond or not... but expected that she would be too busy with her friends and might not. I decided I was okay with that.

When she did send her short response, I was actually really happy about it. It exceeded my expectations.

The comment about getting a little sad over the FB pictures that she posted was completely unrelated to the text re our anniversary. That would have gotten to me whether or not I sent that text message.

Starsky, you crossed out my line about sending the text being the 'right thing to do' and instead put that it would make me feel better.

I KNOW that I have been guilty of this in the past. I really do. But I honestly don't feel like that is why I did this. I honestly feel that it was truly the right thing to do.

But I also know that I'm going to continue to get beat up for not backing away and letting W pursue.

I think that I will move more in the direction that some of you are encouraging to move if July passes and there is no significant improvement in my sitch and/or W doesn't move significantly closer to committing to R the M.

It will be an interesting month. As I've said before, W and I have quite a bit planned (unless she has changed her mind in the past 2 weeks). W will again need to make a decision regarding her living arrangement as she has only extended her lease through July (that I know of). And, as far as I know, she has not looked at any other places to live since one fell through and didn't work out at the very beginning of June.

W is going to have to make some decisions. I will not be pressuring her to do anything one way or the other (I promise). I'm going to let life's own pressure cause her to decide what is best for her and her life at this time.

I'm really going to just focus on having fun with W, SS, and my D ... and focus on being the new more relaxed, more patient Denver. This will be challenging enough, bc having both kids here at the same time has always been stressful for both W and I.

Please hang in there with me all... I am going to need some support in July.

Thanks!!

Denver
Posted By: Starsky309 Re: 65 Days... - 06/29/11 10:50 PM
I want you guys to know that I really do consider all of the advice that I receive here. But I understand why it seems that I will do what I'm going to do anyway. Ultimately, I am going to do what I think is best, that is true. But I do look for views on things that I may not be seeing.

With the anniversary text, I did, and do, see the viewpoint that it was pursuing behavior. I'm sure that it was.

Was it a tactical error?

Only if you believe in Michele's teachings.

Quote:
But I also know that I'm going to continue to get beat up for not backing away and letting W pursue.

I think that I will move more in the direction that some of you are encouraging to move if July passes and there is no significant improvement in my sitch and/or W doesn't move significantly closer to committing to R the M.

I see. So you're intentionally NOT going to do what DB teaches, and what nearly EVERYONE is advising you to do, during this, THE SINGLE MOST CRUCIAL MONTH IN YOUR ENTIRE ORDEAL, but then, if/when that doesn't work and your marriage is possibly over, THEN you might consider following the book.

Got it.

crazy

Starsky
Posted By: cat04 Re: 65 Days... - 06/29/11 11:56 PM
Denver,

Find the thread and read it!!!!
Posted By: ~ kd ~ Re: 65 Days... - 06/30/11 12:36 AM
Here ya go...:

Pursuit and Distance
Posted By: Sad_but_happy Re: 65 Days... - 06/30/11 01:23 AM
Hey there Denver, I just need to make a few short points FWIW...

1. Just a few short weeks ago you caught OM on the toilet in W bedroom watching and/or taking care of SS. Not long after that you wish her a heart felt HAPPY ANNIVERSARY???

I ask you this my friend... Would YOU respect any person that did the same thing? You W does anything she wants and good 'ol Denver is there with live and support not long after. Not attractive at all. I don't say this to hurt you my friend. I really want you to have your wife/family back.

2. A few days back I made the following comment.....

"There are consequences for bad behavior"

And you said....

"How would punishing W help my sitch?"

Not punishing Denver, consequences!!!

Like...

NOT being there for your W financially or emotionally when she needs you...

AT LEAST FOR NOW!!!

Listen, I have a friend newly divorced. He too tried to save his marriage before D day. He was unsuccessful...

Now she is angry cause she has no money, no support, and no help... My friend will do nothing more than pay what the courts ordered and not a penny more. SHE IS ANGRY AT HIM DENVER CAUSE SHE FEELS HE SHOUL DO MORE!!!

His response...

"Why should I, she choose to leave. If she needs help she has a family. She can ask them. She CHOOSE not to have me as family. I owe her nothing."

And you know something Denver... He's RIGHT!!!

Consequences Denver, NOT PUNISHMENT...

Get it?

Good luck my friend...
Posted By: Valeska19 Re: 65 Days... - 06/30/11 01:38 AM
Denver
Been reading your sitch for awhile. My post won't show up for a few hours as I'm still new but I just want to say that I understand how hard it is. Every day we want to make the best decisions. Some days it's especially difficult when what we should do feels like it's going against everything we believe we are. We want to be a loving, caring person. For me.. it feels like I am treating my w in the same way she is treating me.. even though I'm not. I'm just taking care of my feelings and my wants and for some reason.. that feels wrong to me.

Just wanted to say to hang in there. We all make mistakes but at the end of the day, we need to be able to live with our decisions and be happy with the person we are becoming. You sound like a great guy. Cheers to all you have achieved thus far.
Posted By: Sad_but_happy Re: 65 Days... - 06/30/11 01:40 AM
Btw Denver, one last question...

Why wern't you out with friends on your anniversary posting to FB?

I know you were depressed and in no mood. And this is awful and painful and full of stress.

But this is a game Denver. Make no mistake. Fake it till you make it.

She needs to miss you. She needs to miss having you around. Miss the support, the help, the money, the love, the security...

Does she miss you?
Posted By: Denver_2010 Re: 65 Days... - 06/30/11 04:59 AM
Originally Posted By: Kaffe Diem
Here ya go...:

Pursuit and Distance

Thanks Kaffe and Cat... I read the first post on the thread. I will try to go back and read more.

25MLC - I hope that you just don't have any thought on my sitch at this time and that I didn't offend you by slightly disagreeing with you on another thread....

wink

Denver
Posted By: 25yearsmlc Re: 65 Days... - 06/30/11 05:51 AM
"offended"?? No way...I can take it.

I had surgery and am rather buzzing along now...and yet I am very sore and very tired. Feel like I got stabbed....

oh wait, I DID get stabbed...twice in fact.

But all is benign so I am well.
sleep
Posted By: 25yearsmlc Re: 65 Days... - 06/30/11 05:52 AM
can't believe I"m posting at all actually...that's dedication...
Posted By: 25yearsmlc Re: 65 Days... - 06/30/11 06:15 AM
Originally Posted By: Sad_but_happy
Hey there Denver, I just need to make a few short points FWIW...

1. Just a few short weeks ago you caught OM on the toilet in W bedroom watching and/or taking care of SS. Not long after that you wish her a heart felt HAPPY ANNIVERSARY???

I ask you this my friend... Would YOU respect any person that did the same thing? You W does anything she wants and good 'ol Denver is there with live and support not long after. Not attractive at all. I don't say this to hurt you my friend. I really want you to have your wife/family back.

2. A few days back I made the following comment.....

"There are consequences for bad behavior"

And you said....

"How would punishing W help my sitch?"

Not punishing Denver, consequences!!!

Like...

NOT being there for your W financially or emotionally when she needs you...

AT LEAST FOR NOW!!!

Listen, I have a friend newly divorced. He too tried to save his marriage before D day. He was unsuccessful...

Now she is angry cause she has no money, no support, and no help... My friend will do nothing more than pay what the courts ordered and not a penny more. SHE IS ANGRY AT HIM DENVER CAUSE SHE FEELS HE SHOUL DO MORE!!!

His response...

"Why should I, she choose to leave. If she needs help she has a family. She can ask them. She CHOOSE not to have me as family. I owe her nothing."

And you know something Denver... He's RIGHT!!!

Consequences Denver, NOT PUNISHMENT...

Get it?

Good luck my friend...

100% disagreement w/^^^ for numerous previously stated reasons.

You don't get it and you won't.

Not to say I agree with Denver's approach on the anniversary

but you are an angry man who confuses pride with self respect and disguises his anger w/pseudo insights about consequences, which DB says LIFE TEACHES, NOT US...

but you do NOT do DB (have you even read the book?)

You do what you want and come here and preach an approach uniquely your own...

and you like to punish self righteously

and see things in black & white. That's Not attractive or helpful.

I don't care if your w or your punitive friend's wife come home in lieu of starving on the street

and then your friend can claim he "won"...and you'll smugly say your approach

"worked" and your "marriage reconciled" b/c of shame or financial extortion

instead of lovingly working on things...you still say you have no regrets about how you treated your wife

yet you also say you "own" your mistakes...well which is it?

You sound like a bully

and that's probably why you come here to post against all that others are supporting Denver with,

instead of on your own thread.

Read the DB book and decide if you want to follow the philosophy it espouses...if not, leave.

THis isn't the place for INSISTING ON other approaches.
Posted By: Starsky309 Re: 65 Days... - 06/30/11 12:03 PM
"offended"?? No way...I can take it.

I had surgery and am rather buzzing along now...and yet I am very sore and very tired. Feel like I got stabbed....

oh wait, I DID get stabbed...twice in fact.

But all is benign so I am well.
sleep

And I am glad. smile

Starsky
Posted By: Starsky309 Re: 65 Days... - 06/30/11 12:07 PM

You sound like a bully

and that's probably why you come here to post against all that others are supporting Denver with,

instead of on your own thread.

Read the DB book and decide if you want to follow the philosophy it espouses...if not, leave.

THis isn't the place for INSISTING ON other approaches.

I don't see SBH "bullying," as much as exhorting, urging, pleading. I agree he seems a little angry, but Denver's already said that he welcomes all views; why does SBH have any less right to post here than anyone else?

I guess we'll leave that up to Denver, as it's his thread, I guess he can speak for himself. I just hate to see anyone shouted down, simply because you disagree with them. And mixed in with the anger, I saw some good points actually.

Starsky
Posted By: Sad_but_happy Re: 65 Days... - 06/30/11 01:47 PM
“100% disagreement w/^^^ for numerous previously stated reasons.”

Really 25??? None of it?

“You don't get it and you won't.”

Oh I get it 25, it’s about saving people. You think you have all the answers. You don’t. Go back and read some of your responses. IMO they belong in some utopian world.

“but you are an angry man who confuses pride with self respect and disguises his anger”

Not angry 25… Realistic! Passionate! Am I pridful? Sure I am. Do you want a man without pride or self respect? HE CAUGHT OM ON THE TOILET.

“w/pseudo insights about consequences”

REALLY? I should have married you 25, because than I would get away with anything I wanted. No consequences for anything I choose to do… Utopia again… There are consequences in life.

“which DB says LIFE TEACHES, NOT US...”

There ARE consequences for bad behavior 25. You’re a lawyer. Did you learn nothing in law school? If a person murders (behavior) they get put to death (consequence). Hey, instead of putting them to death or sending them to jail let’s let “life” teach them… Utopia? I think so…

“but you do NOT do DB (have you even read the book?)”

I own it and read It many times. It’s a great GUIDE. I don’t follow it word for word. But it’s a great TOOL. I don’t even follow the bible word for word.

“You do what you want and come here and preach an approach uniquely your own...”

No, but I will infuse my opinion. Don’t you? And what I think is the best course of action.

“and you like to punish self righteously”

Maybe, but that’s something I need to work on.

and see things in black & white. That's Not attractive or helpful.

I see SOME things in black and white. Not all things 25. IMO, any man worth his weight has SOME convictions. I am no different 25. Do I see gray in Denvers sitch? Yup! But not when it comes to OM in W home. She was not honest with him. I understand Denver sees a lot of gray in that sitch (“we were not together”, “we lived in separate homes”) and that’s fine. But I don’t have to see gray in that sitch just because Denver does. But I do respect his grayness on the subject.

“I don't care if your w or your punitive friend's wife come home in lieu of starving on the street”

Useless blather 25. You sound angry…

“and then your friend can claim he "won"...and you'll smugly say your approach”

He lost 25. He lost his family. I am merely pointing out that a WAS can’t have it both ways and there are consequences for the poor choices they make. Is that so bad?

"worked" and your "marriage reconciled" b/c of shame or financial extortion”

Truth be told 25, it was not financial extortion. She was going to leave. And half of everything liquidates down to about 400K. She would have had that plus about $3500.00/month support. She would have been fine. He!!, it would have been me that needed money. You can down play my DB’ing all you want but it did work. I have not talked about our M/R in more than 6 months. I stopped the day we were in MC and W told me she felt smothered. Even SHE apologizes for her treatment of us every day.

“instead of lovingly working on things...you still say you have no regrets about how you treated your wife”

I am more loving than you think 25. Am I Perfect? No. And I regret that I became indifferent and cold to her after marriage year 14.

“yet you also say you "own" your mistakes...well which is it?”

A bit of both 25. There IS gray in life you know.

“You sound like a bully”

Not at all.

“and that's probably why you come here to post against all that others are supporting Denver with,

instead of on your own thread.”

I support Denver too. My approach is different than yours. I don’t have my own thread because it’s not what I need right now. If I do need support, I will post my own.

“Read the DB book and decide if you want to follow the philosophy it espouses...”

I have read DB. I will use it as a GUIDE, not as law. And I will stop posting to Denvers thread if he asks me to.

“if not, leave.”

Who do you think you are 25? My wife? eek Now who’s the bully?

“THis isn't the place for INSISTING ON other approaches.”

Not insisting… Giving advice. And with passion…

Have a great day today all…
Posted By: MHL Re: 65 Days... - 06/30/11 04:30 PM

Was it a tactical error? I don't know. I ultimately decided that nothing I proactively did regarding acknowledging the day was going to hurt my situation, but that NOT doing something COULD actually cause damage (W may have interpreted as me being the old Denver).

Denver,

First......That might have been the single longest post I have ever seen!!! hahahaha You may have de-throned "Epic-Eric" as the de-facto king of long posts laugh (that is not to say that I can't post some long ones myself).

Okay, down to business..........

Your operating from a place of fear......it is normal. I know because of what you posted right up there. You basically said it in bold......

you were afraid that your W would make some sort of interpretation.....

Another way to look at the statement up there is to try to take out the "but" and make it sound the same as you originally intended........

The "BUTS" will get you everytime........

It really highlights when YOU are trying to justify something that you know is wrong or when you are saying something but don't really believe what it is you are saying.......

Think about it.........

Take a scenario where you are trying to apologize to someone for something you did or said to them. Often we really blame them for what we did instead of really "Owning our words/actions"

Therefore, we say......

"I'm sorry......BUT you made me do it."

translate....

"I'm sorry......BUT not really." smile

Soooooo......

Until you deal with that fear of how your W may or may not interpret something you do or say.......

you really are not in a position to interact with her........you will eff up the sitch.

Clearly the debate going on in your thread is passionate and thought provoking.....

I am going to tell you that IMO both sides are correct.....

(how was that for being diplomatic laugh )

25 is trying to get you to deal with the internal demons that plague you and me and anyone else that is here and has been betrayed........that anger beast is a real b!tch.

You never really get rid of it.....and you shouldn't it is part of who you are........it is part of who I am.

You take my cheerio's away from me, I am going to get mad/angry.

It is how we deal with it and ultimately react to it that determines how others view us and interact with us.

25 is imploring you to see past your pain and focus on how your W is feeling. How she could get to a place where she could leave the marriage and cheat.

Now to be clear......There is nothing you did that caused her to cheat.......that was her decision and she will have to own that, and more importantly YOU HAVE TO LET YOUR W deal with it on her own..........and she will in TIME. (It will be very hard on her.)

This is what 25 is saying.....that you actually have to have some compassion for her in order for your heart to be in the right place to do what you need to do.

Now, you very much need to stop engaging as some of us are imploring you to do.......

However

you need to do it from a loving and compassionate place.

Hard to do.

I will continue to push you to do the right thing until your heart is in the right place to do something different.

As long as you are operating from a place of fear, and make no mistake......YOU ARE............you have not adequately dealt with the underlying issues that re-inforce that fear.

One of those issues is ANGER.

When SBH, Starsky, Faith and anyone else that advocates an action that might come off as punitive or retaliatory, it is mistaken as being anger that has not been dealt with adequately.

Here is the problem.........YOU definitely NEED to take the actions that are being suggested......

however if you have not dealt with your pain and the very valid emotions that come with your pain then your actions will wreak of ANGER.

This is really where I come down in the middle.......

You need to pull back because you are really not ready to deal with her "in-decision" yet. Now there is the added benefit that by pulling back you might actually attract your W back.....ie the dance of the pursuer and distancer.

I think that this is where we all start to disagree......it is not that we neccessarily disagree with the course of action it is that we disagree with the motivation behind the action.

Some here are trying to motivate you from a place of pride and self respect........nothing wrong with self respect and pride IF you have done the hard internal work to deal with YOUR PAIN and ANGER and it has really become part of who you are.........part of your "skin" so to speak. (nickel to Mach).

Denver, I can tell you that while you might have identified some things that you need to work on or are working on.......your words here tell some of us (ON BOTH SIDES OF THE DEBATE) that you still have some strides to make.

BTW.....these strides are not meassured by how much your W is being nice to you or is doing things with you or anything to do with your wife.

GET IT??????

I can tell you that even after you have done the work you never are ever really done.......I can tell you that some of the most thoughtful, introspective and loving MEN here on these boards still struggle to keep their motivations pure and true.

Their actions remain the same, hopefully those actions are motivated by Love.......however Anger can creep back in sometimes and it has to be dealt with again, but we learn as we go........

I will repeat the drum beat........

Stop engaging your W, close FB, drop the timelines, focus on Denver.........

Your W will be in the same place YOU left her..........

She definitely has some of her own shat to deal with.

Cheers

Oh, BTW........Happy Little Friday!!!
Posted By: Starsky309 Re: 65 Days... - 06/30/11 05:11 PM

Denver,

First......That might have been the single longest post I have ever seen!!! hahahaha You may have de-throned "Epic-Eric" as the de-facto king of long posts laugh (that is not to say that I can't post some long ones myself).

Okay, down to business..........

Your operating from a place of fear......it is normal. I know because of what you posted right up there. You basically said it in bold......

you were afraid that your W would make some sort of interpretation.....

Another way to look at the statement up there is to try to take out the "but" and make it sound the same as you originally intended........

The "BUTS" will get you everytime........

It really highlights when YOU are trying to justify something that you know is wrong or when you are saying something but don't really believe what it is you are saying.......

Think about it.........

Take a scenario where you are trying to apologize to someone for something you did or said to them. Often we really blame them for what we did instead of really "Owning our words/actions"

Therefore, we say......

"I'm sorry......BUT you made me do it."

translate....

"I'm sorry......BUT not really." smile

Soooooo......

Until you deal with that fear of how your W may or may not interpret something you do or say.......

you really are not in a position to interact with her........you will eff up the sitch.

Clearly the debate going on in your thread is passionate and thought provoking.....

I am going to tell you that IMO both sides are correct.....

(how was that for being diplomatic laugh )

25 is trying to get you to deal with the internal demons that plague you and me and anyone else that is here and has been betrayed........that anger beast is a real b!tch.

You never really get rid of it.....and you shouldn't it is part of who you are........it is part of who I am.

You take my cheerio's away from me, I am going to get mad/angry.

It is how we deal with it and ultimately react to it that determines how others view us and interact with us.

25 is imploring you to see past your pain and focus on how your W is feeling. How she could get to a place where she could leave the marriage and cheat.

Now to be clear......There is nothing you did that caused her to cheat.......that was her decision and she will have to own that, and more importantly YOU HAVE TO LET YOUR W deal with it on her own..........and she will in TIME. (It will be very hard on her.)

This is what 25 is saying.....that you actually have to have some compassion for her in order for your heart to be in the right place to do what you need to do.

Now, you very much need to stop engaging as some of us are imploring you to do.......

However

you need to do it from a loving and compassionate place.

Hard to do.

I will continue to push you to do the right thing until your heart is in the right place to do something different.

As long as you are operating from a place of fear, and make no mistake......YOU ARE............you have not adequately dealt with the underlying issues that re-inforce that fear.

One of those issues is ANGER.

When SBH, Starsky, Faith and anyone else that advocates an action that might come off as punitive or retaliatory, it is mistaken as being anger that has not been dealt with adequately.

Here is the problem.........YOU definitely NEED to take the actions that are being suggested......

however if you have not dealt with your pain and the very valid emotions that come with your pain then your actions will wreak of ANGER.

This is really where I come down in the middle.......

You need to pull back because you are really not ready to deal with her "in-decision" yet. Now there is the added benefit that by pulling back you might actually attract your W back.....ie the dance of the pursuer and distancer.

I think that this is where we all start to disagree......it is not that we neccessarily disagree with the course of action it is that we disagree with the motivation behind the action.

Some here are trying to motivate you from a place of pride and self respect........nothing wrong with self respect and pride IF you have done the hard internal work to deal with YOUR PAIN and ANGER and it has really become part of who you are.........part of your "skin" so to speak. (nickel to Mach).

Denver, I can tell you that while you might have identified some things that you need to work on or are working on.......your words here tell some of us (ON BOTH SIDES OF THE DEBATE) that you still have some strides to make.

BTW.....these strides are not meassured by how much your W is being nice to you or is doing things with you or anything to do with your wife.

GET IT??????

I can tell you that even after you have done the work you never are ever really done.......I can tell you that some of the most thoughtful, introspective and loving MEN here on these boards still struggle to keep their motivations pure and true.

Their actions remain the same, hopefully those actions are motivated by Love.......however Anger can creep back in sometimes and it has to be dealt with again, but we learn as we go........

I will repeat the drum beat........

Stop engaging your W, close FB, drop the timelines, focus on Denver.........

Your W will be in the same place YOU left her..........

She definitely has some of her own shat to deal with.

Cheers

Oh, BTW........Happy Little Friday!!!

whistle whistle whistle whistle

Now THAT, was a great post.

Starsky
Posted By: Truegritter Re: 65 Days... - 07/01/11 01:55 AM
Originally Posted By: Starsky
Now THAT, was a great post.

Who are you and can you bring back Snarky Starsky?

Man I have been catching up here. Some GREAT stuff from everyone.

Originally Posted By: Sad
Am I pridful? Sure I am. Do you want a man without pride or self respect? HE CAUGHT OM ON THE TOILET.

Sorry man disagree with this.

I posted to Denver at that time that this could be the image that could run and ruin his life.

Where is his self respect lost in catching this unfortunate person on the toilet?

You seek respect in the lavatory? You seek respect by punishing someone who chose that person?

Be my guest.

Your respect and your salvation lies in your reaction to this crap not the action of another.

You can lie, beg, steal, force, punish or sh!t golden bricks over what your W does and it matters not because you have just given her all the power in those fear based responses.

When will your fear and self doubt be gone?

When you stop giving it to someone else.

Will Denver respect himself more if he shows his W the extreme consequences of her actions?

Only if he's fooling himself.

That thinking will come home to roost soon enough.

In the course of human endeavor, over the centuries there is a very good reason PRIDE was labeled a deadly sin.

Because it is a DEAD END.

It takes us a while to realize that and you will or you will not.

The NOT I wish on no one.
Posted By: dbmod Re: 65 Days... - 07/01/11 02:33 AM
True--

THAT was an awesome post.
Posted By: dbmod Re: 65 Days... - 07/01/11 02:41 AM
Basically, it comes down to be extremely disappointed in my W for not being stronger about being able to be alone and for not taking our S as a time to work on herself as I feel that I have.

This is very understandable that you feel that way and very common, even with folks who are piecing. But it isn't realistic. You have the benefit of DBers to help coach you to work on yourself. Your wife is not remotely in the same place you are--and that's ok. Her timeframe is completely different from yours and it may be years before you are in sync. That's ok, too. It doesn't mean you can't build your relationship and grow your love.

If you were exactly alike, you wouldn't need or want each other. You would be redundant.
Posted By: dbmod Re: 65 Days... - 07/01/11 02:44 AM
Originally Posted By: Left_in_the_Bay
Denver, I don't have much to add so I found some quotes for you.

“How you think about a problem is more important than the problem itself. So always think positively.”
- NORMAN VINCENT PEALE

“If you wish to travel far and fast, travel light. Take off all of your envies, jealousies, unforgiveness, selfishness and fear”
- CESARE PAVESE

"The very best proof that something can be done is that someone has already done it"
-- BERTRAND RUSSELL

I hope the rest of your day is pleasant despite the storm you find yourself in.

I love these quotes!
Posted By: gucci loafer Re: 65 Days... - 07/01/11 03:04 AM
Quote:
Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing. ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes

Denver,

You and others are AGAIN making this way more complicated than it really is.. Making it way DEEPER than it really is..

Lighten up. Women rarely leave a happy man.. You have NOT been a happy man according to what I have observed..

You and your wife said you were NOT happy with her when you were together..

You were NOT happy when she wanted out..

You are NOT happy now because you are focused on your limbo..

Guess what is the common thread here?

YEP.. You always seem unhappy. It comes across in your posts too..

You are like Dorothy in the "Wizard Of Oz".. You HAVE had the secret the whole time here but you keep looking for something drastic or dramatic and deep...

HERE IT IS...... be ready this is DEEP...

LEARN TO BE A HAPPY MAN..

That's it..

Deep huh? But it IS without a doubt your answer.. All of the deep posts and psycho babble you keep hearing is wasted energy..

You WILL find then that all your troubles will start to vanish....

Be happy JUST the way things are in your life.. Be happy..

That's it..

I have been doing this for THIRTY years..

Happy men, fun men..... THEY get and keep the woman..
Trust me.. I AM a happy man.... Happy men are like a magnet to women.. Happy, confident, mature...

STOP trying to make this so deep... It isn't.. LEARN TO BE HAPPY.. If you don't learn that, EVEN is she does reconcile it won't work because you will THEN find something else to be unhappy about. You are already warning us of what that unhappiness will be, such as.. "can I forgive her? can I forget? can I this? can I that?...

Happy men don't think that way Denver... Get a grip on yourself...

LEARN TO BE A HAPPY MAN...
Posted By: dbmod Re: 65 Days... - 07/01/11 03:16 AM
sbh--
I read your post similar to the way 25 does...you appear to be putting pressure on Denver. Denver's approach is working well for him.

I don't believe your advice is good advice for him, and it isn't the high road. Your buddy's tactic in his divorce could be part of the same attitudes that lead to him getting divorced in the first place.

If your advice isn't welcomed, move on.
Posted By: dbmod Re: 65 Days... - 07/01/11 03:21 AM
Originally Posted By: gucci loafer
Quote:
Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing. ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes

Denver,

You and others are AGAIN making this way more complicated than it really is.. Making it way DEEPER than it really is..

Lighten up. Women rarely leave a happy man.. You have NOT been a happy man according to what I have observed..

You are like Dorothy in the "Wizard Of Oz".. You HAVE had the secret the whole time here but you keep looking for something drastic or dramatic and deep...

That's it..

Deep huh? But it IS without a doubt your answer.. All of the deep posts and psycho babble you keep hearing is wasted energy..

That's it..

Trust me.. I AM a happy man.... Happy men are like a magnet to women.. Happy, confident, mature...

STOP trying to make this so deep... It isn't.. LEARN TO BE HAPPY.. If you don't learn that, EVEN is she does reconcile it won't work because you will THEN find something else to be unhappy about. You are already warning us of what that unhappiness will be, such as.. "can I forgive her? can I forget? can I this? can I that?...

It is silly to say women rarely leave a happy man. Women leave happy men all the time, especially if they are having their happiness outside of the marriage. But the bottom line here is twofold and Gucci's advice is good ... here:

1) It's a good observation that you don't appear to be happy.
2) It's a good idea for you to spend your time making yourself happy.

Posted By: grr Re: 65 Days... - 07/01/11 04:24 AM
gosh denver,

my friend.........a lot of people have very strong opinions on what you should or should not do......

i have said this before (and i am a woman, so will gladly repeat myself)....only you know your wife

only you know your history and what brought you to this place

trust your gut

you have come a long way

i think you are doing great

and you sure know how to rile people up- don't you

xoxo
me
Posted By: 25yearsmlc Re: 65 Days... - 07/01/11 04:35 AM
well Denver,

truth be told

you do kinda borrow trouble from yesterday AND tomorrow...

"hows" about NOT doing that anymore?

yeah yeah, "easier said than done"

but do it anyway.
Posted By: Starsky309 Re: 65 Days... - 07/01/11 12:21 PM
Quote:

Denver,

That's it..

That's it..

Wisdom. ^^^

Starsky
Posted By: Starsky309 Re: 65 Days... - 07/01/11 12:23 PM
Originally Posted By: dbmod

If your advice isn't welcomed, move on.

If it isn't welcomed by the person whose thread it is, I agree. I haven't seen where Denver has asked him to stop posting to him. Isn't that Denver's call?

Such thin skins around here lately! eek

Starsky
Posted By: Starsky309 Re: 65 Days... - 07/01/11 12:32 PM
Originally Posted By: Truegritter
[/quote]

Who are you and can you bring back Snarky Starsky?

Oh, he's still around. smirk
Posted By: direction1 Re: 65 Days... - 07/01/11 12:37 PM
"Unreasonable Happiness." Have you read, Way of the Peaceful Warrior?" One of those word-of-mouth books thats been around for years.
Posted By: Starsky309 Re: 65 Days... - 07/01/11 12:41 PM
Are you asking me, Direction, or Denver?

I've never read that book myself, although I've heard of it.

Starsky
Posted By: Sad_but_happy Re: 65 Days... - 07/01/11 01:29 PM
Meaning of pride:
pride
[prahyd]
- noun 1. self-respect 2. something causing one to be proud 3. conceit 4. group of lions

Pride in the right context is not a bad thing True...

Pride of ones children, appearance, performance.

Denver,
I say this with incredible sincerity.

I want you to do whatever it is that makes you happy!

Follow DB if it works to save YOU, or follow some deviation of it if that works for YOU...

I've never said that you should take any action against your W.

All I have said in every post is to make her accountable for bad choices.

Don't punish!

Just remember that it's people themselves that create their own misery...

We don't put people in jail, they do it to themselves.

We don't make people pay fines for speeding, they do it to themselves.

And if your W chooses to leave, and is having financial issues, she will do it to herself...

People create their own consequences...

Do what's right for you Denver!

Have a great 4th all...
Posted By: direction1 Re: 65 Days... - 07/01/11 03:55 PM
Sorry, I guess anyone on this post?? Look it up on Amazon.com and read reviews, etc. Can check it out libraries too
Posted By: Sad_but_happy Re: 65 Days... - 07/01/11 04:40 PM
dbmod

You may not like what I say...

But in all honesty, I don't care...

I stand firmly for marriage...

I have solid beliefs about honesty and being faithful...

Not about punishing or hurting...

But about love and passion and romance and committment...

NONE of which can be attained with THREE (3) people in a R!

So it is with the utmost respect that I say...

If you don't like what I'm writing, DON'T READ!
Posted By: dbmod (NA) Re: 65 Days... - 07/01/11 07:17 PM
sbh-
More than the actual advice, it's the "PRESSURE". Denver also wasn't saying...please sbh-tell me more. I think most all of us here agree with being solid, honest and faithful. What you are getting is feedback as to how you are coming across.

We all have different opinions. If someone isn't doing what you want them to do, move on. There are LOTS of folks on this board or other boards you can advise.

What you don't see in posts are the complaints that come in. So, that is the caution for everyone---the pressure.

Posted By: dbmod (NA) Re: (NA) Re: 65 Days... - 07/01/11 11:00 PM
25-

Someone has pointed out, and rightly so, that sbh is not the only one putting pressure on Denver.

Denver DOES seek out your advice.

Others- in general -
It's interesting that Denver is so popular and attracts the high profile posters with very strong points of view.

Our goals are twofold:

1) to support Denver
2) and to help him brainstorm using DB techniques...and that can include a wide variety of approaches.

It helps to give a reason for your personal view from your own life. But this is Denver's life. He has to live with his choices at the end of the day. Not what someone else thinks is right or wrong.

Denver's a big boy, and he can actually handle the pressure, and he personally has never complained. This is about readers who may or may not post here.

But it is also not his responsibility to tell someone to stop posting to him. It's like someone stopping by your cube and they keep talking while you turn back to do your work. It's the board equivalent of body language. Stop by, visit, give your 2 cents once , twice, but if you aren't 'welcomed'...move on...someone else will welcome you.
Posted By: Starsky309 Re: (NA) Re: (NA) Re: 65 Days... - 07/02/11 02:11 AM
OK, bye.

Starsky
Posted By: FaithnAK Re: 65 Days... - 07/02/11 03:10 AM
Originally Posted By: Gnosis
If you think you being on good behavior for a month is going to fix this you're sorely mistaken.

Here is what I see: You have failed to provide the most fundamental need to any woman and most especially to your wife:

!!!! SAFETY !!!!

If you want to fix your marriage start there and only there until you have mastered it.

That means:

1) Safety from your angry outbursts.
2) Safety from her doubts on your fidelity
3) Safety from not being able to express herself without you climbing down her throat
4) Safety from your disparaging thoughts
... and I can go on but I don't feel like it.

Provide a safe environment for your wife to flourish in.

That's it..

That's it..

No pressure Denver. None. Notta. Zilch.

These two posts really say A LOT. Ask yourself..."Am I listening to what my W really is saying?" and give her what she wants.

I'm not saying your not trying, but I want you to really look at these two quotes over and over and over. I think they apply in your sitch AND many others. Just my opinion. No pressure.

A secure man listens.
Posted By: 25yearsmlc Re: (NA) Re: (NA) Re: 65 Days... - 07/02/11 03:34 AM
OK, bye.

Starsky

what?? Noooooo
cry
Posted By: FaithnAK Re: (NA) Re: (NA) Re: 65 Days... - 07/02/11 03:52 AM
OK, bye.

Starsky

There is the snarky lil doggie that everyone loves!

I think your joking, but if your not... Quit being passive aggressive. LOL smile
Posted By: Denver_2010 Re: 65 Days... - 07/07/11 05:12 AM
I'm still alive. My daughter is in town visiting me and my laptop crashed again (in the shop). I just haven't had much time to update or respond to the good stuff that is here.

I will update when I can. thanks.

Denver
Posted By: 2stepboogie Re: 65 Days... - 07/07/11 05:16 AM
Enjoy your D Denver! I am sure the website will still be up and running when you come back.
Posted By: Denver_2010 Re: 65 Days... - 07/07/11 05:17 AM
It better be!
Posted By: 25yearsmlc Re: 65 Days... - 07/07/11 05:36 AM
checking in Denver

any news on your front? hope nothing dramatic (like 9...) yikes.

(( ))

PS am tired of being a L this week with that idiotic verdict. I'll say no more...

signed
(a former fellow defense attorney)
Posted By: FaithnAK Re: 65 Days... - 07/07/11 06:49 AM
I kept checking online for Colorado headlines of double homicides with a suicide in the end article. Didn't see one, so I figured Denver was taking a break. smile

Glad to know your alive and well Denver.
Posted By: 2stepboogie Re: 65 Days... - 07/10/11 02:25 AM
Originally Posted By: FaithnAK
I kept checking online for Colorado headlines of double homicides with a suicide in the end article. Didn't see one, so I figured Denver was taking a break. smile

Glad to know your alive and well Denver.

LMAO
Posted By: Denver_2010 Re: 65 Days... - 07/10/11 06:48 AM
checking in Denver

any news on your front? hope nothing dramatic (like 9...) yikes.

(( ))

PS am tired of being a L this week with that idiotic verdict. I'll say no more...

signed
(a former fellow defense attorney)

Still alive everyone! Hoping to post an update soon.

And 25... I've been tired of being a L for quite a while now! smile

BITS
Denver
© DivorceBusting.com