Divorcebusting.com
Posted By: Super Girl Tell me 3 interesting things about you... - 01/05/10 08:07 PM
Kevin shared some stuff on his thread, and like CG, I thought...wow, didn't know that about him.

Let's take a few minutes and learn something about the people who help us so much.

Here goes...

1. I pulled the scalp off of a dead body.

2. I won a spelling bee.

3. I have never colored my hair.

1) Taking pictures is my passion. It ties into all my hobbies.

2) Riding my mountain bike is another passion. Right now I ride on the local ice skating pond.

3) I photograph punk rock concerts. Sometimes from "the pit".
Originally Posted By: Ready2Change

1) Taking pictures is my passion. It ties into all my hobbies.

2) Riding my mountain bike is another passion. Right now I ride on the local ice skating pond.

3) I photograph punk rock concerts. Sometimes from "the pit".

Uh...why on the ice skating pond? smile
1. I love, love, love to cook. It is one of my favorite things to do in life. I adore the entire process of it. I never use recipes. I have been cooking since I was a little girl.

2. Keeping with SadGirl's spelling bee trend... In the 3rd grade I was in a spelling bee. I was so excited. My mom bought me a new outfit (a green skirt and a green and white striped top). When they called my name to spell my word I froze. I looked out at all the faces in the school auditorium and almost dropped over dead. I was so scared to be in front of all those people on a stage I could not speak. My word was "burglar" and I was so terrified I spelled BUG. LOL!

3. One of my favorite hobbies is finding old and interesting pieces of furniture and refinishing them back to their glory. I love the hunt, the process and seeing what used to look like junk be lovely again.
1) I have (or tried to) eat every animal I have killed.

2) I love coach/teach kids even though it's not my profession.

3) I love no stop lights, my Harley and my ipod. It's pure therapy.

[/quote]

What was the color of the SCALP? LOL
Originally Posted By: CityGirl
1. I love, love, love to cook. It is one of my favorite things to do in life. I adore the entire process of it. I never use recipes. I have been cooking since I was a little girl.

2. Keeping with SadGirl's spelling bee trend... In the 3rd grade I was in a spelling bee. I was so excited. My mom bought me a new outfit (a green skirt and a green and white striped top). When they called my name to spell my word I froze. I looked out at all the faces in the school auditorium and almost dropped over dead. I was so scared to be in front of all those people on a stage I could not speak. My word was "burglar" and I was so terrified I spelled BUG. LOL!

3. One of my favorite hobbies is finding old and interesting pieces of furniture and refinishing them back to their glory. I love the hunt, the process and seeing what used to look like junk be lovely again.

1.I envy you. I wish I could cook.

2. You poor thing. I still remember my word, and it was eons ago. lol

3. If you are ever in my area, would you mind refinishing a table for me? wink My brother tells me one of my tables needs a bronze rub over the black finish.
Originally Posted By: overburdened

What was the color of the SCALP? LOL [/quote]

Blonde. It was horrifying.
1) I have (or tried to) eat every animal I have killed.

2) I love coach/teach kids even though it's not my profession.

3) I love no stop lights, my Harley and my ipod. It's pure therapy.

1. Like what?

2. Good for you.

3. Have you ever ridden it to Sturgis?
Okay, SadGirl here is the plan....

We will get together, crack a bottle (or three) of wine and cook something fabulous. We will need strength to get your table done hence the cooking/eating before refinishing.

Fun!

To this day every so often my uncle will STILL call me "bug". Note the spelling bee debacle happened when I was in the third grade and I am now 34 (almost 35). I doubt I will ever live that down smile
I think I'm going to get a lot of GAL/180 ideas here today. I have never eaten a game animal. My friend's H hunts, so she is always offering me some deer. *shudder* I might try some this year.
Originally Posted By: Sad Girl

What was the color of the SCALP? LOL

Blonde. It was horrifying. [/quote]
ok, everyone else is thinking it. I gotta ask. what's the backstory on the scalp thing?!
Originally Posted By: CityGirl
Okay, SadGirl here is the plan....

We will get together, crack a bottle (or three) of wine and cook something fabulous. We will need strength to get your table done hence the cooking/eating before refinishing.

Fun!

To this day every so often my uncle will STILL call me "bug". Note the spelling bee debacle happened when I was in the third grade and I am now 34 (almost 35). I doubt I will ever live that down smile

CG, prepare to be shocked, but I have never had wine in my life. I know very little about it. Actually, nothing. I would love to learn more, though. Food sounds good. What is your specialty? I can bake, but my cooking is awful.

I dub thee...City Bug. ROFL
...I ride on the local ice skating pond....
First, it is FUN! Second, it is a great way to practice balance. And last, it is great watching other peoples reactions. Next, I may put studs into my back tire and start riding wheelie's on the ice.....
Posted By: soleil Re: Tell me 3 interesting things about you... - 01/05/10 09:46 PM
1. Christmas is my fave holiday.

2. I love to work out.

3. Comedy movies are my favorites.
...I ride on the local ice skating pond....
First, it is FUN! Second, it is a great way to practice balance. And last, it is great watching other peoples reactions. Next, I may put studs into my back tire and start riding wheelie's on the ice.....

I suppose I would be one of those people with my jaw dropped. lol
Originally Posted By: soleil
1. Christmas is my fave holiday.

2. I love to work out.

3. Comedy movies are my favorites.

What is your favorite movie?
1. I'm an introvert trapped in an extravert's body, life, occupation

2. I have a natural affinity towards almost all animals, especially ones that don't like people

3. I've met almost every band/rock star I ever wanted to meet
3 things you don't know about me....Ok here goes

1. I am a recovering drug addict - I spent 5 years strung out on coke, living the most immoral life imaginable and have now been clean for almost 20 years.

2. I can tie a knot in a cherry stem with my tongue. wink

3. I love to write and think about writing my own book daily.
Originally Posted By: Ruined
1. I'm an introvert trapped in an extravert's body, life, occupation

2. I have a natural affinity towards almost all animals, especially ones that don't like people

All very intriguing. Care to elaborate?
Originally Posted By: Serenity13

1. I am a recovering drug addict - I spent 5 years strung out on coke, living the most immoral life imaginable and have now been clean for almost 20 years.

2. I can tie a knot in a cherry stem with my tongue. wink

1. Good for you!

2. Hey! Me too. lol

3. You should. What genre of book would you write?
1. I'm a bartender (so not a people person, social bee), been in a couple of b-movies

2. The junkyard dog also winds up laying on my feet, so to speak
(literally happened in childhood)

3. Mostly indie-bands, nobody huge
Thank you very much - It is one of the things I am most proud of.

Nice SG - We could do some damage at a bar lol

As for the book - I don't know - I have experienced so much in such a short time and I would like to apply that in order to help others not make the same mistakes I did. If I could help one or two wayward teens, who are on the threshold I was on way back then, I would be happy as a pig in slop. smile
1. I'm a bartender (so not a people person, social bee), been in a couple of b-movies

2. The junkyard dog also winds up laying on my feet, so to speak
(literally happened in childhood)

3. Mostly indie-bands, nobody huge

Sounds like you could do a 180 here and try to be more of a people person.

Being good with animals is great. I was never allowed pets, so I'm not a big animal person.
Thank you very much - It is one of the things I am most proud of.

Nice SG - We could do some damage at a bar lol

As for the book - I don't know - I have experienced so much in such a short time and I would like to apply that in order to help others not make the same mistakes I did. If I could help one or two wayward teens, who are on the threshold I was on way back then, I would be happy as a pig in slop. smile

Yes, we could do some damage. LOL

What is stopping you from starting your book?

Fear & shame to be honest.

Say what?

Fear of?

Shame over?

Write every day. The only one who needs to see it is you. No need for fear or shame around that guy, is there??
Fear of how I would be judged today and shame at how far I truly allowed myself to fall back then...

However I am thinking about it more and more lately and no matter how low I got then, I would still rather keep someone from that kind of life.

Maybe it is a sign because it sure has been on my mind an awful lot these last few weeks.

The book isn't based on my experience here rather my experience as a drug addict.
Fear of how I would be judged today and shame at how far I truly allowed myself to fall back then...

However I am thinking about it more and more lately and no matter how low I got then, I would still rather keep someone from that kind of life.

Maybe it is a sign because it sure has been on my mind an awful lot these last few weeks.

The book isn't based on my experience here rather my experience as a drug addict.

Kind of like A Million Little Pieces, but actually true!

You should totally do it, even if you only write it for you.

Start writing. It is admirable that you've stopped, and been clean for so long. smile I've known alot of junkies, over alot of time. Many of the them have dedicated their life to being an addict.

If you can help just 1 person, then it is entirely worth it.

Weird side note, just ordered a bunch of books an hour ago, including 'Dopefiend' by Donald Goines.
Thank you (((SG)))

I have never read that book though I have heard of it...

I do write a blog to purge myself so to speak however I want to reach people who are teetering on that black hole and somehow maybe just maybe pull a few of them back.
"Dopefiend" - Sorry but that made me laugh.

Thank you Ruined for your kind words as well, at the time I was dedicated to a life as an addict and truth be told I always thought that was the single most painful experience in my life until I found myself here and well you know the rest.
Posted By: patpat Re: Tell me 3 interesting things about you... - 01/05/10 11:55 PM
Here are my 3 most interesting things... about me!

1. I am a free spirit on a diving board. I can just about do anything you can imagine on one. This is where I can really let go of myself.

2. My right leg (from just about the knee down) is an experimental limb of sorts. Looks and feels like the real thing. Because it is (science at its best), covered with my own flesh, has lasted beyond its lifespan and I believe will last me a life time. This is really Kwel, cuz if not, I'd a been na hopping instead of a walking.... hell, they were originally just going to cut the leg off. Kinda like robo-cop, I just woke up different. I guess I fit a profile of some sorts....

3. I am as good with a sling shot as others are with rifles or bows. Believe it or not, learn to love the sling shot in the USArmy.... Love the Ax as well! Good ole Uncle Sam... the things they teach us when we are young!
Posted By: Awoken Re: Tell me 3 interesting things about you... - 01/05/10 11:58 PM
1. I wrote public domain computer games in the 80's. I still receive emails about one of them (20 years later)

2. I quit my computer career to become a professional musician. I've been lucky enough to make my living with it.

3. I was raised with a deaf cousin, and I speak sign language. As a child I used to dream in sign. My cousin is out of contact, and I seldom sign now, but I miss it!
"Dopefiend" - Sorry but that made me laugh.

Thank you Ruined for your kind words as well, at the time I was dedicated to a life as an addict and truth be told I always thought that was the single most painful experience in my life until I found myself here and well you know the rest.

I know how you feel. My father was a junkie; now he's just a drunk. As painful and awful as *that* was, I'm oddly grateful for the experience of it. That sort of experience makes you strong. Really, really, really strong. You come out of it with the attitude of 1. I'm a victim and nothing I do has any impact or 2. Hell no, I'm NOT a victim.

Actually said this to my H. last week. As shitty as our sitch is, I'm kinda grateful to be going thru it. If nothing else, it's making me stronger, and reminding me of who and what I am. He seemed a little bit stunned, which was kinda a good thing. wink
Ruined...

I have learned to be grateful for my sitch because it has shown me so much and taught me so much...
I have learned I am not defined by anyone else but me and my actions.
I get on my knees every night and thank God he took me on this journey - A journey of self discovery that was a long time coming and now 11 months later I am liking me for the first time in years. smile
This is very cool. Gardener is envious.
Posted By: kara Re: Tell me 3 interesting things about you... - 01/06/10 02:52 AM
1. I am learning to play the electric guitar. (I want to shred!!!!)

2. I love jazz - esp. Miles Davis.

3. I am fluent in a foreign language.

1. I am a recovering drug addict - I spent 5 years strung out on coke, living the most immoral life imaginable and have now been clean for almost 20 years. Good for you (I would have never guessed...)

2. I can tie a knot in a cherry stem with my tongue. wink Marry me! wink

For real? As a bartender, I used to pull the old trick of tying one by hand, placing it my mouth and later asking lady customers to pull off a cherry stem, with which I would feign all sorts of mouth and facial contortions before pulling out the pre-tied one. Hey, it got me more than a few dates! whistle

Very cool. Why not start? I once read a quote by an author speaking to creative writing students, "Unless the desire to write is accompanied by writing, the desire is not to write."
So, get started, you!
1. I lived in Japan when I was a kid.

2. I write screenplays with the hope that somebody will buy one someday.

3. I own a 1961 Chrysler Windsor that I'm fixing up.

And I'd really appreciate it if you checked out, and posted on my "baby steps thread."
This is really fun!!!

#1 - I can wakeboard! smile We live on a river, and my D18 and I share a really cool pink one!

#2 - I'm an only child.

#3 - I have great knowledge of wine! (CG and SadGirl... I'll bring the wine if you'll feed me!!)
1. I have hunted all my life, the rule was to eat it if you shot it and Dad found a barn swallow I shouldn't have shot and made it for me. Lesson learned!

2. I am considering closing my business and turning to teaching/coaching EVEN @ 44. I love kids & the smile on thier faces when the "get it"

3. No - I'm a loner on my bike, unless your on the back seat that is!
Originally Posted By: Mark Evolving

3. I own a 1961 Chrysler Windsor that I'm fixing up.

We fixed a 48 Windsor as a high school project! It was a boat but I got to drive it in the homecoming parade. You could fit a family of 10 in the backseat. It was sweet.
Hmmmm.....

1. I've lived in England and Germany.

2. I played trombone, a million years ago!

3. I have a pilot's license, though I haven't flown for twenty years or so.
1. Dad was military. Born in Thailand, lived in S. Korea for 6 years.

2. I'm half white, half Korean.

3. I'm seriously looking into learning electric guitar.
Originally Posted By: Gardener

1. I am a recovering drug addict - I spent 5 years strung out on coke, living the most immoral life imaginable and have now been clean for almost 20 years. Good for you (I would have never guessed...)

Not something I am proud of however it did shape me into who I am today smile

2. I can tie a knot in a cherry stem with my tongue. wink Marry me! wink

That is I think the 3rd proposal you have given me - Better be careful I may take you up on it one day wink

For real? As a bartender, I used to pull the old trick of tying one by hand, placing it my mouth and later asking lady customers to pull off a cherry stem, with which I would feign all sorts of mouth and facial contortions before pulling out the pre-tied one. Hey, it got me more than a few dates! whistle

LMAO - It actually isn't very hard to learn - Though I can see you trying to pull one over on the ladies. wink

Very cool. Why not start? I once read a quote by an author speaking to creative writing students, "Unless the desire to write is accompanied by writing, the desire is not to write."
So, get started, you!

I do write - Everyday...Here, in a journal as well as my blog...I just think maybe I should actually pull them all together and see where it ends up.
Serenity - I think you should have added your love of shoes!
(((Mindfull)))

I left that for Kara to add LOL...

I did think of a few more I could have added however, I like to keep a bit of mystery surrounding me so I can drop little tid-bits here and there wink
Can I join in?

My passion is horse riding mostly dressage and of course my horse

I love to cook but my waistline cant afford to eat it

Two small glass of wine and Im anybodies lol
Posted By: patpat Re: Tell me 3 interesting things about you... - 01/06/10 09:39 PM
Originally Posted By: Lost Rabbit
Two small glass of wine and Im anybodies lol

I have wine....LOL
Naughty PatPat lol!
Okay.. here's mine if I may...

1)I'm a speed reader...

2)I used to love flying multi-line kites (going to pick it up again for GAL)

3)I love lighthouses...
1) I grew up listening to punk rock ( 70's 80's Punk from DC , Cali and england )
2) I coach and play hockey ( Slow steady defenceman )
3) I love military history books , ( and scifi and fantasy )

Hey Pat I love red wine as well wink
I adore a nice, chewy, thick-bodied red! Yummmmmmm! It's got to be good enough to stain your teeth! smile
1. Me too!

Mostly NY, LA, DC. Not so much with the UK stuff
Here is another one for me...

I am a functional beverage addict, and I am in withdrawl. laugh
(((SD)))

What is a functional beverage addict?
1) I am a dog agility competitor, trainer/instructor, and enthusiast. I love the sport, love teaching new behaviors to my dogs and helping people teach their dogs. I also LOVE working with dogs that have issues (aggression, etc.) and use zero punishment when training.

2) I am a photography fanatic - I especially love macro photography

3) I learned to fly a plane in college. It was a rush!
SD~

Nevermind my lack of getting it - DUH - It took a moment but I got it now lol. grin
Sad Girl.. How functional? Red Bull, sports drinks, teas, etc...?
Originally Posted By: mindfull
Sad Girl.. How functional? Red Bull, sports drinks, teas, etc...?

Red Bull and Monster. I'm not quiting, but trying to cut way back. It stinks. lol
LOL...

Red Bull and Monster

And right there I was wrong -
I thought you ment functioning via way of vodka or wine or whatever your choice of poison is. grin
Good Lord! LoL Well, maybe... mine would be Red Bull AND vodka!
LOL! I rarely drink alcohol.
LMAO - Mind you are cracking me up this morning - I love the high spirit mood you are exibiting. smile smile smile smile smile

My choice of poison would be a "Slutty Temple" - Vodka, 7-up and grenadine - It is just like me - Sweet...However will put you on your a$$ if you have to many. wink
Me either Sad -

I don't like the way I feel the next morning however I will have a drink on occasion - I don't drink to get trashed (tried that and it didn't help ease the feelings). smile
Hmmm, ok I'll play:

1 - I'm in a 'professional catagory' occupation, yet never graduated high school

2 - I seem to have been deceased, twice over. crazy

3 - I've only worn a g-string once in my life (the exact date would be a portion of my 'screen name' here), but W still never learned after ever other wedding we attended, if she complains about wearing her high heels, we'll end up swapping shoes. grin
Serenity -

Must be the high from setting a boundary after a year of thinking about it!

I like to cocktail w/friends, but nothing crazy. Gotta drive, and be functional at all hours w/kids ranging 10-18, ya know?

Slutty Temple sounds yummy!!
Originally Posted By: dday101798

3 - I've only worn a g-string once in my life (the exact date would be a portion of my 'screen name' here), but W still never learned after ever other wedding we attended, if she complains about wearing her high heels, we'll end up swapping shoes. grin

Dude, that's quite a visual you left us with, there... wink
I've only worn a g-string once in my life (the exact date would be a portion of my 'screen name' here), but W still never learned after ever other wedding we attended, if she complains about wearing her high heels, we'll end up swapping shoes.

WOW DDay - That is all I have...Just WOW grin

Dude, that's quite a visual you left us with, there... wink

LOL, yeah, it's become quite the tradition.

Much the same, the very first time W asked me to go the mall with her. I can't stand malls, and I can't stand shopping, blindly and walking around the place for hours on end. So she asked, I said no, she asked again and wimpered, I said "fine, if I absolutley must go to the mall with you, I will do so with my hair in pigtails and we will hold hands skipping the entire time".

She called my "bluff".

And she's never asked me to go to the mall with her again. grin
LMAO - I agree 100% Mind...

It may take quite some time however once it is set, a little brick comes down and a little more of "you" immerges.

I can get crazy if need be however I never need to be...Normally I am the DD and with the 2 boys, I completely understand! smile
LMAO - I love it!!!

A man who is comfortable in his own skin, his Ws' shoes, a g-string, pigtails etc...

You ROCK DDay! smile smile

Much the same, the very first time W asked me to go the mall with her. I can't stand malls, and I can't stand shopping, blindly and walking around the place for hours on end. So she asked, I said no, she asked again and wimpered, I said "fine, if I absolutley must go to the mall with you, I will do so with my hair in pigtails and we will hold hands skipping the entire time".

She called my "bluff".

And she's never asked me to go to the mall with her again. grin

LMAO!!!! Now, that is JUST WRONG!!!

My H does that sh*t w/my D18 all the time, and her responses/reactions are priceless!
Good Lord! LoL Well, maybe... mine would be Red Bull AND vodka!

Try Vuka and vodka.
Vuka = intelligent energy! LoL Love it!
Originally Posted By: kara
1. I am learning to play the electric guitar. (I want to shred!!!!)

2. I love jazz - esp. Miles Davis.

3. I am fluent in a foreign language.

Wow. Just Wow.
Anybody got a net for these butterflies?

SpinFree

2. I am considering closing my business and turning to teaching/coaching EVEN @ 44. I love kids & the smile on thier faces when the "get it"

New Bachelor's Degree @ 40.
Masters in Teaching @ 41.

Hardest Job I've ever hand and I LOVE IT.

HS Science in a 60% impoverished district. Love it.

SpinFree
© DivorceBusting.com