Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
H
Hope414 Offline OP
OP Offline
H
I just learned this and wanted to pass it on.

If you have Norton Security Anti-Virus Protection installed on your computer--chances are you bought a multiple package system for all the computers in your home.

With Norton Security the account holder can check if any computer with a key under that account is online.

If you and your spouse loaded a Norton security key on your devices then your spouse can to see when you are using any of your devices.

Since most people are creatures of habit...and your spouse knows your behavior, your spouse would probably be able to ascertain your movements by your usage.

For example, do you only use your laptop when you are home? Do you always leave your tablet connected to the internet or are you only connected when you are on facebook?

The Norton security system actually monitors activity and cites the last time the device was online.

If you want to go dark--you need to uninstall this program from the dual account.

If you do not uninstall this program then your spouse will know every time you are online. They won't know what you are doing online but, if you do not want them to have this information about you then you must remove the joint key.

If you don't want to keep Norton--contact the help desk and ask them to walk you through the steps to uninstall. There is a process you have to follow. Just deleting the device isn't sufficient.

If you want to keep Norton--just reinstall a new key under a new account.

M: 62
H: 67
Bomb dropped: October 2012
R: 4-2014

I've never regretted saying "I'm sorry"
L
L
Some good alternatives to Norton:

Free: Avast or AVG (I'm sure with household incomes suddenly split in half -- these can be a godsend)

Subscription: Eset

M: 38 W: 37
T: 20 M: 19
Kids: Stepson?20, S19, S16, D12
BD: 02/19/2015 (She moved out)
PA Confirmed: 02/22/2015 (She is now living with OM)
Dazed and confused: 09/13/2015
V
V
Backup your data files to an external hard drive and then reinstall from scratch

It gets rid of key loggers too.

V

Last edited by Vanilla; 08/30/15 12:50 AM.

Freedom is just another word for nothing left to loose.
V 64, WAW

Link Copied to Clipboard