Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 12
G
Gypsy Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Hello all...

I didn't realize my previous thread locked. You'd think your name would turn hot pink and the screen would flash that happened.

Here's my last post:

I would like some honest input about my situation with my spouse.

How do you REALLY perceive me... don't pull any punches.

What can I do that can make a difference?

What am I doing wrong? Heck.. I can't even read an email from him without getting so upset.

This isn't a 'stroke me, make me feel better' question..

It's help me.. please.

Just because I can write well, doesn't mean I have a clue.

HELP!

*hugs*

E
E
Originally Posted By: Gypsy
Hello all...

I didn't realize my previous thread locked. You'd think your name would turn hot pink and the screen would flash that happened.

Here's my last post:

What can I do that can make a difference?

What am I doing wrong? Heck.. I can't even read an email from him without getting so upset.

This isn't a 'stroke me, make me feel better' question..

It's help me.. please.

Just because I can write well, doesn't mean I have a clue.

HELP!

*hugs*

I replied on the other thread. I actually think you're looking for a little 2x4 action..

Listen G--ya gotta step off the coaster. Ya gotta let go. Ya gotta GAL more. Ya gotta not visit these threads as often.

I know where you are, I know how you feel. We have all been there.

You're gonna be OK.. My D is calling, I gotta go..I'll be back in a bit..

G
Gypsy Offline OP
OP Offline
G
previous thread.

I had a "Eureka" moment this morning which is reflected in my new title.

It's like my mind has to drive me crazy before I can move on, like the buzzing of a mosquito in my ear while trying to sleep on a hot summer's night.

Push away how miserable Kevin was, how stuck I was. Just shove all that baggage to the side and what do you have (aside from a minor cardiac arrest and sweat)?

Someone not able to ask for help.
Someone not wanting to take responsibility for their feelings and emotions
Someone who couldn't, wouldn't look in the mirror.
Someone who chose distraction
Someone who laid blame on others
Someone who would rather run than face himself.

Someone who would leave rather than ask for help.

I've heard: "It's not about me, it's all about him."

I finally 'get': "It's not about me, it's about him not wanting to look inside, to face what's causing, caused this. It's ALL about him."

I am weeping within. The clutched anchor which had seemed like rusted iron is really just baked red dirt. The tears wash over it, eroding the illusion of what I thought, revealing what I 'get'.

*hugs*

G
Gypsy Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Originally Posted By: M from Tennessee
Listen G--ya gotta step off the coaster. Ya gotta let go. Ya gotta GAL more. Ya gotta not visit these threads as often.

Agreed!

*hugs*

And thanks

P
P
Originally Posted By: Gypsy
Hello all...

Here's my last post:

Gypsy,

Why is it important how WE perceive you? Isn't the real question "How do you all think my WIFE perceives me??" if it is her you're trying to re-attract?

Puppy

L
L
You are just in a low place. You'll come back up. You can do this. Remember, "When in doubt, go out". It does wonders to help relieve your pain when you are reminded that there are wonderful people out there, that life is out there waiting for you to embrace. Really.

You have to let Keven go, for now. Let him have his pain and don't take any blame for his decisions.

HUGS!

G
Gypsy Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Originally Posted By: Puppy Dog Tails
Why is it important how WE perceive you? Isn't the real question "How do you all think my husband perceives me??" if it is him you're trying to re-attract?

Dunno, Puppy.. I was feeling out of whack, needy and lost. Hoped to get feedback from folks who'd gotten to know me through posting. Why?

Sometimes things are the most obvious to everyone but the person going through it. It's like having a piece of spinach stuck in your teeth. I can't see it, but others can. With input it can be adjusted.

I'm trying to heal me. My husband is gone.

G
Gypsy Offline OP
OP Offline
G
lwb..

You are so clever with your advice. Will do.

I guess letting go isn't something you do intellectually (like I'm trying).. it's something.. inward? Detachment through indifference?

Ugh... tomorrow I'm supposed to make an appointment with the lawyer about 'what I want' with the settlement. What do I want?

*hugs*

L
L
Or does indifference come after detachment? I have NO idea!!! I know that time really helps. Like we have talked about before, I have had tons of time to get to this place. Your carpet was ripped out from underneath you, while you were standing. It takes a long time to dust yourself off, try to figure out what the heck happened, and then move on.

HUGS!

Let me know how the appt goes. I'll make my appt tomorrow if you make yours...

G
Gypsy Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Crap... I don't want to talk to my lawyer until I finish with the finacial advisor. I guess it can be a work in progress though, right? Everything is fluid.

Okie doke.. There will be strength in numbers. I'll call tomorrow.. face things and move on. How are you choosing the mediator? Have you read any books on the divorce/mediation process?

*hugs*

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 12

Moderated by  Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard