Print Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11
#2729414 02/09/17 09:28 PM
G
Ginger1 Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Thank you job. for linking my threads.

I must go to bed , but I wanted to share that me and L have been chatting all night and have a date this weekend!

I haven't smiled this or have been this excited in a long time. It's nice to know I'm alive.

D
D
If there was ever a time for a "woot" emoticon, this is it! Good on ya!

There are moments in this life when you are so confident in the rightness of your actions, that not even for a second do you consider the option that you might be wrong.
D
D
Ginger,

Total awesomeness!

D
D
Awesome news! Hope you have a wonderful time.

Me 52, H53
Bomb drop 9/29/2014
Divorce from XH final 12/17/2014
Marriage #2 12/31/2019
5 adult (step)daughters (3 from XH's first marriage, 2 from current H's previous relationships)
6 grandkids
G
Ginger1 Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Thanks!

here is my longer more in depth post. I went to see my therapist yesterday and we discussed my worries of dating a younger man. Who is actually 9 years younger than me. (just call me cougar). My worry really lies with yet again falling for someone who I can't be with for reasons other than having no feelings for them. It was very painful with ex-NG, to love someone and have to let them go because of distance (I know that wasn't all it was, but kind of what it boiled down to). I'm terrified of that.

She did say something very interesting. And so did my friend. My views on having more kids....... it's not like I physically can't or I am too old.... it's a choice for me. There is this possibility if I love someone that much, I would want to have a child with them. not to make them happy, but because I would want that with a loving partner. Still don't know about that, but it is not an IMPOSSIBILITY. She said these aren't red flags. What I have experienced in the past are red flags that I should run from (fear of commitment, no effort, pulling away).

So we chatted for quite a while last night. He really is just an amazingly sweet guy. he's gotten hurt before (he didn't give any details) and he went into his honest loyal traits. I believe it.

One instructor at our gym is a salsa dancer and she posted pics from this place she goes in NYC. I said it looks like fun and I would love to try it. She said she has been trying to get instructor and brother to go. So, L said he would absolutely go, only if he could be my partner:)

I gave him a nudge after the convo got a little more intimate (not dirty intimate) I told him I wouldn't be seeing him at class tomorrow night because I have to get D ready for her daddy daughter dance, but after that, she would be with him for the weekend and if he asked me out for a drink, I would probably say yes. he got so adorably excited and said absolutely and officially asked. We don't have a day and time set yet. But this morning he sent me a message saying good morning and asking how I was.

So, this is new to me. He is sweet, attentive, and thoughtful so far. Not my norm. ex-NG was like that until he started playing his pulling back game when he fell in love in with me. I am so over those games.

One more interesting thing my therapist and I recognized last night. I sit here wondering why I am single and guys (well, decent guys) don't have interest in me. It turns out they do. Really, when I am in a situation with single available men, they DO show interest. Problem has been I am rarely ever in those situations.

So there is hope for me. I'm not all that bad.

I am nervous. I never get nervous for OLD because I don't even know the person and I am so whatever about it. This one freaks me out a little more given our mutual acquaintences and me liking him already. Hopefully all will go well.

job Offline
Previous Thread:

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
D
D
Good for you, my friend! Looks like the worm is definitely turning for the better.

There are moments in this life when you are so confident in the rightness of your actions, that not even for a second do you consider the option that you might be wrong.
job Offline
Ginger,

I am happy for you. Sometimes when we are too close to a situation, we can't see things clearly. I do agree that men are interested in you and you probably didn't even realize it. Now that the peepers are open a bit more, I think you'll begin to notice the signs more and more.

I can't wait to hear how the father/daughter dance went for your little lady.

Enjoy your weekend.

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
job #2729515 02/10/17 09:30 AM
W
W
Age is just a number! My last gf was 12 years younger than me and it made no difference at all. It's that you can relate to each other that matters...and that you remember to change his diapers lol.

Divorced February 27, 2012.

"Only by love is love awakened".~ Ellen G White
G
Ginger1 Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Job, you are absolutely right. I can see everything so clearly in others situations while I am blind to my own. it's an interesting phenomenon. I think that's why I keep going to my IC. She really helps me see things more clearly.

WII,
I am usually the 12 years YOUNGER one. So this is a huge swing. He's definitely mature for his age. And he wipes his own butt!

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard