New thread

All Vanilla's posts

All Vanilla's posts

Abuse Resources

Abuse thread Zelda and Vanilla

Last post last thread

V last post last thread

V

Freedom is just another word for nothing left to loose.
V 64, WAW

V
Vanilla Offline OP
OP Offline
V
V is taking law exams in the next month and won't post as much!

It just occurred to me it's ex ams. Truly that's the reason too.

It's civil litigation, the hardest one of all!

V

V 64, WAW

B
B
best of luck Lady V but you will not need it as you will shine! xoxoxo

M 20+ T25+
S ~15.5 (BD)
BD 4/6/15
D 12/23/16

"Someone I loved once gave me
A box full of darkness.
It took me years to understand,
That this too, was a gift."
~ Mary Oliver
job Offline
V,

Wishing you the best of luck on the exams...but I know that you will ace them. I know that the stress of taking exams can take a toll on the body... please take care of yourself.

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
D
D
You got this, V! Sending positive vibes, well wishes, love, hugs, tail wags and puppy kisses from Molly and all things bright and beautiful.

Me 52, H53
Bomb drop 9/29/2014
Divorce from XH final 12/17/2014
Marriage #2 12/31/2019
5 adult (step)daughters (3 from XH's first marriage, 2 from current H's previous relationships)
6 grandkids
F
F
Sending you love and strength for the next while :))

Me: 48, XH: 42
T: 18 years, M: 15 years

EA/PA 1: 6/2012
EA/PA 2: from autumn 2012-present

BD: 5/2013
ILYBNILWY BD & left: 10/2015

OW conceived: 8/2016
Born: 4/2017

H filed: 7/2017
D final: 28/12/2017
V
Vanilla Offline OP
OP Offline
V
Thank you bttrfly, job, Dawn and Focus.

I took a day or so off because Friday was my birthday, 64!

Glam sis and clever nephew plus a couple of his mates came and I cooked. The weather was glorious.

I have taken today off to gym and mooch. I can mooch like a good un when needs must.

My garden looks like a jungle, like my hair.....

I found curly girl which recommends no poo and washing ones hair in conditioner. I have blonde frizz which in dry air could Polish pans and in damp air looks like a halo.

So out goes the shampoo and in comes mega conditioners (no silicone and alcohol). We shall see if it makes any difference to my hair. I am fed up with frizz and fizz.

That's the girlie stuff. Birthday resolve embrace my curls, according to the consultant, I am botteccelli curls. Uggggggggg

Doodler one of the styles I shall not be embracing (you will be pleased to hear) is the Jean thong. I believe it's great for wayward ism though so expect it to catch on big time in that sector. I also will not be dancing the floss or having statement Nipple all of which have are on trend. Lilac as the in colour might be ok ish. And I have read the Cat person article on a disasterous one night stand.

I broke a Toe, well correction a woman in stilettos crushed it in dancing so it's been all upper body workouts for a while. The bone is completely flattened forever although it's healing. I was lucky it wasn't the joint. The toe now looks weird and corkscrew like.

I also passed a very small kidney stones which felt like one from stonehenge. But all clear now. Unsure which hurt more.

I have been unable to concentrate much so am way behind on exam studies, back to it tomorrow. Heavy heavy work load.

So my next question is what is going on with dating? It seems that when I chat away I get dates but it's me that makes the effort. Almost all of it, it's baffling to me.

I just met up with a guy I like for coffee and a glass of prossecco in the sunshine. He told me this is the first proper date he has had in 7 years. Given up on OLD because of 'weirdness'. Trouble is he is too keen to push it forward very fast. Red flag, red flag, red flag........

What is wrong with taking time on it?

He has evaluated that I don't have much of it because of exam pressure for the next couple of months. Soooooo........

I got a text saying whilst he felt chemistry, he had decided I wasn't available for a full on R and besides he thought I was 'too good for him, and would loose interest very quickly and be bored"

What is wrong with dating?

If someone wants a GF don't you have to ask for a date and take the time to get to know someone? So I guess there must be a reason for his behaviour.

I texted back "thank you for explaining your thoughts"

And left it at that. I was very interested in this guy BTW. But not mind reading so moving on. Interest lost.

V

V 64, WAW

C
C
Originally Posted By: Vanilla
He told me this is the first proper date he has had in 7 years. Given up on OLD because of 'weirdness'. Trouble is he is too keen to push it forward very fast. Red flag, red flag, red flag........

What is wrong with taking time on it?

He has evaluated that I don't have much of it because of exam pressure for the next couple of months. Soooooo........

I got a text saying whilst he felt chemistry, he had decided I wasn't available for a full on R and besides he thought I was 'too good for him, and would loose interest very quickly and be bored"

so many possibilities, 7 years without a date could make him very awkward, uneasy, and unsure how to handle it.. or maybe he feels defeated because he hasn't been able to get a date in so long and needs someone who will cling on to him to inflate his ego a little.. either way, not up to you to try and figure out.

I think stepping away is smart if only because of the self-deprecating comments, not attractive and likely to continue. A big sign of insecurity about oneself, as well as what he said about you getting bored shows a fear of being "hurt", so he's avoiding the possibility. In order for Love to be worth while, you have to be vulnerable to getting hurt.

As for taking time dating, maybe he figures the 7 years was him taking time on dating and now just wants to make up for lost time.

M - 9 1/2 years
5/5/16 - Bomb drop - 3 week EA
10/31/16 - We sold house
01/10/18 - D Finalized
A
A
Originally Posted By: Vanilla
I think that for a many of us more mature guys we worry that we are quickly approaching our "sell by date". I know that I certainly felt that way a couple of years ago.

I'm pretty much exactly 10 years younger than you. I've got between 12 and 20 more working years available to me. Virility - I can't comment on - but I presume that everything still works laugh - but for how long without chemical intervention is anyone's guess.

Part of my "guy" make-up is my vision of myself as a provider. I can do that pretty well now, but once I retire, my pension will be modest.

A lot of mature guys are also looking for a home-maker, a harlot or a nurse and depending on how well they can manage on their own may be looking to fill that job quickly.

One thing that worries me is that in my two lifetime serious relationships I was chased and love-bombed into submission and got "serious" in a matter of days. I now know through painful experience and through study that this isn't "normal" or even healthy - but many people do believe in "love at first sight" and soul-mates. I remember making a young lady bartender quite sad when I told her that I no longer believe in soul-mates.

On BD
H52, W50
T27, M26
S21, D23
BD-9-Mar-16
D-15-Jan-18 Final-19-Apr-18
I am a storyteller. The story may do you no good.
But a story is never for the listener. It is always for the one who tells
K
kml Offline
K
Quote:

Red flag warning - when a guy tells you who he is BELIEVE HIM!!! If they say you're too good for them you definitely are.

Your response was perfect.

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard