Print Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11
#2736773 03/30/17 05:24 AM
G
Ginger1 Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Hello folks!

Sorry, I've been a little MIA as I have been extremely busy with school, life and the like. Not ever enough hours in the day.

Just some short updates. I went on vaca with FF. It was amazing. Just the two of us, no arguments, we mesh so well together, every minute was wonderful. I was sad to go home and I missed him like crazy our 2 nights apart after the vacay. I know a week together just us could make us or break us, and I believe it made us. In the car ride, we talked about everything and anything and we are so on the same page about life and values and the such. Upon returning, I had some very scary stuff happen at work, I can't get into it here. He was extremely supportive. Sunday we took D9 to a huge indoor arcade amusement park sort of place and spent 6 hours there. The 3 of us had the best time together. He comes over often for dinner, and both D9 and I love having him. Last night he was over, I tucked her into bed, and she says "Mom, I am glad you are so happy" it was very sweet. I am also glad she gets to see how a man should treat a woman and vice versa. She told me some stuff about how her dad has been acting that infuriates me, but I can only teach her how to handle it,because I can't change it.

My most horrible college course ever has been completed and finished with 98%. I have 2 weeks off and I will be spending time this weekend with my girlfriends in AC. FF should meet my dad and stepmom tomorrow.

Aside from the very big wake up call and scariness where I thought my future was ruined with work, Life has been good. Busy but good. I've revaluated so many things and I am learning from every experience.

I hope all is well with everyone.

Ginger1 #2736776 03/30/17 05:35 AM
D
D
Good, good to read! Fair winds and following seas, my friend!

There are moments in this life when you are so confident in the rightness of your actions, that not even for a second do you consider the option that you might be wrong.
Ginger1 #2736795 03/30/17 07:10 AM
job Offline
Ginger,

I am so glad you returned and posted an update.

I'm glad things are still going w/the FF. Your daughter senses and sees that you are happy. I'm sorry to hear that her father isn't acting properly...but I know you will help her navigate through all of this in the proper way. She feels safe in talking to you about him and what he says and does. She needs that outlet very much.

As for the college course...congratulations on the 98%. I know you are happy it's over and done with.

Ginger, life appears to have settled down a bit for you and the positive karma is starting to work it's magic for you. I'm happy for you and your little one. Stay positive!

Ginger's Previous Thread:

Life is just funny

Last edited by job; 03/30/17 07:12 AM. Reason: Add link to previous thread

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
job #2737064 04/01/17 03:08 PM
U
U
I am smiling big over here, my friend. I never, ever say I told you so, and I know it is a bit early, but...... just sayin. Love you, sweetie. Hope to see you soon.

uRworthy #2737083 04/02/17 12:04 AM
V
V
How wonderful

So pleased for you

V

Freedom is just another word for nothing left to loose.
V 64, WAW

Vanilla #2737410 04/04/17 08:43 AM
G
Ginger1 Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Thank you guys very much. UR, you did tell me so. You can say it, hahaha! It is early, but it is a great thing so far.

He leaves me with no anxiety or uncertainty which just about every guy I have ever dated has. Because they were always so love avoidant, were done with R's, were in a selfish phase, or always wanted an "escape route" That is why I always think I felt the need to define a relationsip. That started with exH when we were dating. He would expect me to act like a girlfriend but would dare call me one for a year because it was his technicality when he met other girls or if something better would come along. The guys I dated following him did the same thing, honestly. I was there to fulfill there needs until something else came along. This one doesn't do that. he isn't waiting for anything "better" wants a future with someone, and he never makes me feel anxious in the relationship.

Every single morning since we went on our first date, I get a good morning text the moment he wakes up. He calls me everyday on my lunch. We never go to bed without saying goodnight. Those little things mean a lot to me. he makes plans with me in the future. As in, he invited me to a wedding in June. We will plan activities way down the road which means he doesn't have one foot out the door.

I think I never really realized what does mean something to me because if I wasn't getting it, well, then I made up an excuse and said it wasn't important to me when it really was. I was always in a long distance relationship or with someone who only saw me at his convienience. I thought I didn't want someone around much. Turns out I really do. I love having him around. I enjoy the time alone I do get, but I actually like to have him there. I still do things separately, as I went away with my girlfriends for the weekend, but I look forward to seeing him again when I get back.

We are partners. He helps me with something, I help him something. We will go out of our way for eachother. I've really never had this before.

I'm done, before I go on jinxing myself.

Your support, my good people, always has meant a lot to me over the years.

And UR, we shall make it happens soon!

Ginger1 #2737422 04/04/17 09:25 AM
W
W
Wonderful insights! You've come a long way and now you are reaping the rewards. I think we search for what we think we deserve and you now feel you deserve someone better than you had before smile Congrats.

Divorced February 27, 2012.

"Only by love is love awakened".~ Ellen G White
whatisis #2737446 04/04/17 11:07 AM
D
D
Ginger,

Congratulations on your new relationship and all the good things going on in your life. I'm glad things are different this go-round. Although, I am a bit upset that I haven't been invited on any of your dates.

doodler #2737452 04/04/17 11:20 AM
G
Ginger1 Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Thanks, WII! You would think I would have learned a little more by now, but I guess it's taken me a little while and I am finally getting it. I do think I deserve better than what I was getting. And now I am getting it, I am cherishing and appreciating it.

Doodler, thank you very much. We are going to Beer and Bacon fest. Wanna come?

Ginger1 #2737465 04/04/17 12:09 PM
D
D
Originally Posted By: Ginger1
We are going to Beer and Bacon fest. Wanna come?

Ginger,

Of course I want to go! Is that the one at Lewis Morris Park? Can I wear my new periwinkle blue sundress?

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard