Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11
#2731182 02/22/17 07:42 AM
D
Dawgs Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Time for a new thread. Old one here: http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2729501&page=11

The more I think on things the more I'm coming to the realization that her ghost will always be part of me. The unfortunate circumstances that lead to the death of our marriage were set in motion long before we ever met. I think that's one of the biggest things that bothers me...that nothing I could have done could have saved it. Sigh.

I do realize there is no going back. Maybe that's part of the ghost, too. A ghost of something that had so much potential and really could have made it had it not been for her demons.

When does that end? I'm at peace with myself about my future and know what I have to do. I'm not happy about it, but I'm a realist and see it for what it is. Have to make the best of it.

Time to get back on that horse - or at least that pony.

There are moments in this life when you are so confident in the rightness of your actions, that not even for a second do you consider the option that you might be wrong.
G
G
Do you know the song Ghost by the Indigo Girls?

Dark and dangerous like a secret (don't tell a soul)
That gets whispered in a hush
When I wake the things I dreamed about you (don't tell a soul)
Last night make me blush
And you kiss me like a lover
Then you sting me like a viper
I go follow to the river
Play your memory like a piper
And I feel it like a sickness
How this love is killing me
I'd walk into the fingers
Of your fire willingly
And dance the edge of sanity
I've never been this close
In love with your ghost, ooh

Gordie 40s W 40s M20+ kids
2016 BD W fantasy affair w OM1 I do everything wrong
2017 I start to DB W says TLTL files for D PA w OM2
2018 I do LRT W drops filing and OM2 situation slowly improving
D
Dawgs Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Holy cow, Gordie. That resonates so much but I haven't listened to them in so long. Right now, Coheed and Cambria's "The Suffering" is my song.

There are moments in this life when you are so confident in the rightness of your actions, that not even for a second do you consider the option that you might be wrong.
D
Dawgs Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Everyone seems to be talking about their dates and all, well, except for doodler's adventures in plaster... hahaha (j/k doodler)...maybe I should give a little Harley Quinn update.

A certain Miss Harley Quinn called while I was at lunch and wanted to talk dates I may be available for her to come visit. For such a tough woman, she has such a sing-song voice. At any rate, she couldn't contain her excitement. Seems as if she really wants to come back. Maybe this will lead somewhere. Who knows what it will do.

She did pose the question of if we could do a little trip in the summer or something while the kids are on their week with their mom - maybe to the north mountains or something like that we used to do. There was this little cabin we visited a few times that had a ton of trails for hiking/mountain biking and some breathtaking scenery. I must admit, that kind of has me a bit nervous. This all seems to be picking up speed like a runaway boulder...

D
D
A rolling stone gathers no moss! wink

Me 52, H53
Bomb drop 9/29/2014
Divorce from XH final 12/17/2014
Marriage #2 12/31/2019
5 adult (step)daughters (3 from XH's first marriage, 2 from current H's previous relationships)
6 grandkids
D
D
Jeep,

I think you and Ginger are on parallel paths. I might have to start a Jeep pool. You could have a really interesting wedding; everyone dressed in costumes based on Batman characters.

Speaking of plaster, my oldest son was texting me during his lunch (at school) and said that he's excited about helping me paint and plaster the rest of the house. He liked my accent wall so much that he's got the plaster bug. I'm telling you, venetian plaster is the way to go...

D
Dawgs Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Quote:
rolling stone gathers no moss!

Or that boulder runs over you like Indiana Jones. hahaha

D
Dawgs Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Originally Posted By: doodler
Jeep,

I think you and Ginger are on parallel paths. I might have to start a Jeep pool. You could have a really interesting wedding; everyone dressed in costumes based on Batman characters.

Speaking of plaster, my oldest son was texting me during his lunch (at school) and said that he's excited about helping me paint and plaster the rest of the house. He liked my accent wall so much that he's got the plaster bug. I'm telling you, venetian plaster is the way to go...

Now doodler,

You might as well put money on Ginger cause it isn't happening anytime soon for me. But IF (note the uppercase 'if') that were to ever happen, a Batman theme? She'd have to tone down that Harley Quinn outfit for sure. You know what I mean.

Doodler 1 and doodler 2 plastering. Good stuff!

D
D
Originally Posted By: Jeep74
You might as well put money on Ginger cause it isn't happening anytime soon for me.

Famous last words. grin

G
G
Hi Jeep,

My apologies as I have not read much of your thread. I'm going to catch up to speed on your sitch. I have zero to contribute at this point except that I used to wait on the Indigo Girls all of the time. smile

3 kids
BD 12/15/13 (IDKIILY. )
Rope dropped Cirque du Soleil style
D final 9-9-14
"Some people are born on 3rd base and go through life thinking they hit a triple." Barry Switzer
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard