Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
I
OP Offline
I
Well, this is it- my last update. But I'm lost for words not sure how to write this. There are several posts in various sections about my story here starting in 2006 until now so I won't go into the background details.

I guess in the end all I really want to do is to thank each and everyone of you who supported me through my journey. I want to thank you all for being the ones that understood me, for being the ones that knew exactly what to say when I needed advice, encouragement or uplifting, and most of all for being my friends. I couldn't have gotten through those darkest moments of my life without you all (and without this board, despite what the mods started doing last year). So many names come to mind that I want to thank, some of you whom I conversed with in person, some whom I became friends with in real life, some I still keep in touch with, some I only keep in my thoughts and hope they're happy whereever they are.

After six intense and very expensive court trials in Oct 2011 my divorce was finalized last week. I still have a few unaddressed issues but those too will get addressed in due time. Financially it is no doubt that I lost A LOT but as they say it could be worse and I'm at peace with it all. I still have the most important things I could ever want; that is health, dignity, strength and my daughter. She was just two years old when all this started, she's now eight! and she's growing up to a wonderful, loving and sweet kid. She's endured more than me but she's stronger for it. Her and I have the most loving realtionship and to me she's the most precious thing in this lifetime. I've now even started back up with my hobbies; motorcycling, racing cars, building/fabricating stuff in the garage as I find time. Some days I miss my old married life but usually only for a second. I don't miss my ex, just the person that I was once so deeply in love with who no longer exists and that's rare too. I'm just so busy now but doing well; at work I was lucky enough to get promoted over the last couple of years. Oh and I've also been dating someone for a year now smile she's such a great person and treats me with love and respect. There are still my own personal mental block challenges as I subconciously try not to let her get too close to my heart but I'm trying to slowly open my heart up again.

Well friends in so many words that is the update, the final one on my saga...or I hope. I want to wish you all the very best in your situations- things do get better. You know, this is not the ending I expected when I got married but I do consider it a happy ending not for what I lost but for all that I gained in wisdom, friendship and love. Best- Romeo.

Me: 35|WAW: 38|D: 6yo | http://tinyurl.com/2dxx7m6
Feb 2006, left, came back in two weeks
Aug 2006, left again
Apr 2007, filed for divorce
Dec 2007, reunited
Mar 2010, moved out, filed again
K
K
So glad that you are finding happiness now. I am glad I can still find you on the alt on occasion but gee with a GF, no wonder you have been missing in action! lol

Just remember we are still virtual friends and I am so glad that I got to know you on here. I just wish it had been under different circumstances.

All my best, kat

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
Just keep swimming, Just keep swimming. Dory
W
W
So glad to hear from you Romeo! It does get better, doesn't it. Thanks for letting us know. Good news stories are always welcome smile

Divorced February 27, 2012.

"Only by love is love awakened".~ Ellen G White
L
L
I didn't realize it was getting finalized this soon. Thanks for keeping in touch. I wish you the best

Luv

M44 H41
M20 T23
3 older teens
Bomb Nov 09 "i'm not happy"
EA Nov 09 w/coworker
Another PA in Mar 10
I Filed Apr 10
D final Dec 10

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard