Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
W
OP Offline
W
Hello,
I am just divorced a year now with a 4 year old and a 6 year old.
The child therapist we have seen said do not hang out together as a family if you are divorced. She indicated that it is so harmful, hurtful and gives false hope to the kids. The kids can't process why mom and dad are not together if they all hang out as a family.

Recently I asked my W to go skating with me. She said it would be fun with the kids. I should have said no but it was the first opportunity to go out with her in a year. So we all went skating together. I could see how happy it made my daughter.

After I told my W we could not do that anymore as it's wrong for the kids. She agreed.

From what I understand we should not be doing this. The only time to all be together is when we have to such as school plays etc.
Yet, I read on these boards everyone doing this.
So what does everyone else feel about this?

Me/W: 46/36
D7.6/S6
T/M: 7.5/6.5
Bomb 12/05/07
D final: 03/03/09

G
GFI Offline
G
What do you think?

best - GFI

Me: 40ish
W: 40ish
Together: 20 ish years
Married: 10ish Years

W
OP Offline
W
I think it's wrong but W thought it was ok. I was wondering if W thought it might be a safe way to spend a little time together with me.
She said she wanted the kids to see we can be friends through all of this. I "think" WAW does not want to look like the bad guy.

I would like to hear what others feel about spending time together having fun as a family if reconciliation is not at least being considered.

Me/W: 46/36
D7.6/S6
T/M: 7.5/6.5
Bomb 12/05/07
D final: 03/03/09

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard