A Divorce Busting® Coach can help you save your marriage, even when your spouse wants out. Go to the new Divorce Busting® Store where you can sign up for Divorce Busting® Coaching and purchase Michele's Audios, Videos and eBooks that you can immediately download. Start taking the steps that will help you get your marriage back on track right away.
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
For Newcomers
Jump to new posts Re: Maybell XXI by rppfl @ 11/21/14 01:52 PM

Originally Posted By: labug Most people come here for sure this is going to ruin the rest of their children's lives. I did. I fought for months for them not to know. And I still wish it had worked out differently. But I learned I can't protect
For Newcomers
Jump to new posts Re: Busting this Divorce - Separating by LisaB @ 11/21/14 01:49 PM

Hi HP, I have been following your story and I think you are on the right track. I think you have a good idea for how to handle your W when she comes home and wants to talk. She needs to go on her path right now, as you said. I think if you can have
Midlife Crisis
Jump to new posts Re: GB Hopes 10 is a Win #10 by Georgiabelle @ 11/21/14 01:46 PM

Thanks Mighty and GG-I appreciate your kind words and support. I'm not actually alone in the bed. S4, D9, 70 pound dog and 8 pound cat. S11 tries to find a space but I tell him there really is no room:-)
For Newcomers
Jump to new posts Re: Maybell XXI by labug @ 11/21/14 01:44 PM

Great analogy, rpp. I think intention is important. Most people come here for sure this is going to ruin the rest of their children's lives. It will change it for sure but ruination isn't a given. Kids are resilient and their environment throug
Midlife Crisis
Jump to new posts Re: H's MLC#6- Now its about ME! by job @ 11/21/14 01:44 PM

I think you've married my xh's twin! Never heard a word about leaving until something would create emotional highs. He really doesn't know what he wants. Hang in there! They will surely test your patience.
Surviving the Big D
Jump to new posts Re: Thread locked but not loaded by whatisis @ 11/21/14 01:41 PM

True, she has a Lexus lol!
Midlife Crisis
Jump to new posts Re: The Black Knight by Georgiabelle @ 11/21/14 01:41 PM

^^^^^^^^ Job & Ellie are spot on. Don't engage with nuttiness. It's not a smart business decision.
Surviving the Big D
Jump to new posts Re: Thread locked but not loaded by SunFunOne @ 11/21/14 01:38 PM

Wow! Most guys would love a woman like that! But to each his own. Perhaps the ideal woman dies not exist. Barb
Midlife Crisis
Jump to new posts Re: The Black Knight by job @ 11/21/14 01:38 PM

One last thing, do not share any more info about what you are doing w/your life, especially your career. Do not provide him w/the names of the papers, etc. Also, do not share w/him any extracurricular activities that you are hoping to get D12 into
For Newcomers
Jump to new posts Re: Maybell XXI by rppfl @ 11/21/14 01:34 PM

Originally Posted By: MaybellMy kids have suffered and I feel sad for them, but they also have gained from this. Yesterday I read an article on the difference between hurt and harm. It used a cavity as an example. Eating sugar doesn't hurt, in
For Newcomers
Jump to new posts Re: Blindsided and on my own (9) by rppfl @ 11/21/14 01:23 PM

Well, here's my pile of nothing for today. H and I exchanged an email about D12's basketball schedule. Woo hoo. He's apparently very good at NC, but apparently, I am, too. I did have some rollercoaster emotions yesterday, as evidenced by my posts
Midlife Crisis
Jump to new posts Re: The Black Knight by job @ 11/21/14 01:22 PM

Heather. DO NOT RESPOND TO ANY MORE TEXTS FROM YOUR H! I knew he was up to something when he started become the chatty cathy of the world. They are very seldom nice w/o some unlying reason for that behavior. Now, I want you to go back and re-read
Infidelity/Extramarital Affairs/Jealousy
Jump to new posts Re: Need help. Jefe's always confused. Pt 6 by rppfl @ 11/21/14 01:17 PM

Originally Posted By: MaybellTo keep from hijacking RPP's thread... 1. I have tried to be honest with my kids as much as is appropriate. For me that means acknowledging my sadness and validating theirs. Assuring them constantly that H loves them too
Surviving the Big D
Jump to new posts Re: Thread locked but not loaded by whatisis @ 11/21/14 01:14 PM

Nope! She hates reading (can't sit still)...falls asleep at Bible study, sees my well loved bench photo as "just a bench" lol She's very tied into a Cantonese speaking church...been there, done that. As I said, a lovely lady but when you ha
For Newcomers
Jump to new posts Re: Newcomer With Hope (2) by Little @ 11/21/14 01:10 PM

I want to get my feelings out today because I feel like I'm in a good place. Too bad I can't bottle this for days when PMA is low. I'm proud of my ability to survive through hard stuff. I can take care of myself and be independent, no matter what c
For Newcomers
Jump to new posts Re: Newcomer Living in Hell 2 by bravo61 @ 11/21/14 01:09 PM

So what's the best next step? I really want to learn from y'all
Midlife Crisis
Jump to new posts Re: The Black Knight by LoisB @ 11/21/14 01:05 PM

I cracked under the pressure. I caved in and unloaded. It was desperation on my part to put one thing to rest. The thing that is the most senseless of it all and a grown man crying about his tools. It wasn't the hope that he would say, "I'm sor
Midlife Crisis
Jump to new posts Re: MLC W Dates, Part V by kat727 @ 11/21/14 12:51 PM

I just wanted to check in and see how you were handling the grilling, oh um, introspection tasks. Lol Life goes on here. S19 will be moving next week. I still start crying if I think about it too much. Even his brother admitted crying about it.
For Newcomers
Jump to new posts Re: Separated, but still friends by HPoirot @ 11/21/14 12:49 PM

Originally Posted By: Pink17Amazing as it is, what has been helping me is this board, I keep thinking about Labug's words of wisdom and it comforts me, it makes me feel that even without the dinosaur my life will go on. I'm with you there Pink17.
Midlife Crisis
Jump to new posts Re: Is it too late? by beatrice @ 11/21/14 12:45 PM

Quote: MLC is all about accepting that there is nothing you could have done to prevent H making such destructive choices at this time in his life. That is an extremely confusing message at the start of a new chapter in the lives of the LBS. I agree
Surviving the Big D
Jump to new posts Re: Thread locked but not loaded by kat727 @ 11/21/14 12:45 PM

Do you think maybe she was nervous so she talked more? I guess with quite a few positives, you would give it more of a chance? Just me, though I do know this one guy I met was dressed in sweats and I was nicely dressed. Not really on the same page
For Newcomers
Jump to new posts Re: Separated, but still friends by rd500 @ 11/21/14 12:42 PM

Hi Pink. You recent troubles with your S20 are very hard to read I am not a vet so please take what I say as general advice with no expertise behind it. It sounds like you H just can't or won't cope with the issues in his life You sound amazin
For Newcomers
Jump to new posts Re: Inside my chrysalis 7 by HPoirot @ 11/21/14 12:32 PM

Nice interaction Ss! I hope it gets even better for you with your H next time he asks you to join him.
For Newcomers
Jump to new posts Re: New to DB - Need Help! Pt 2 by Rzrback @ 11/21/14 12:24 PM

Yeah, I don't know what I was thinking with that. I guess because I try not to believe anything she says on the surface, I was trying to listen and get the real meaning behind what she was saying. Made sense at the time
Midlife Crisis
Jump to new posts Re: A New Day by Lifes Twists @ 11/21/14 12:24 PM

Thanks T and D, I was sitting here last night in my house with a bunch of kids around me having fun, laughter and such. My oldest was at the table doing her class registration for the spring semester. My wife calls our oldest and my oldest starts as
Page 63 of 98 < 1 2 ... 61 62 63 64 65 ... 97 98 >

Save Your Marriage! Schedule Online

Schedule a phone consultation with a Divorce Busting® Coach! Call: 800-664-2435 or 303-444-7004